2019 RDX Acura Jack Point Descriptions & Locations - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Go Back  AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community > AcuraZine RDX Community > Third Generation RDX (2019+)
Reload this Page >

2019 RDX Acura Jack Point Descriptions & Locations

Notices

Old 01-28-2019, 10:18 AM
Registered Member

I'm trying to discern the exact jack point locations for the 2019 Acura RDX. The manual shows in a very non-descriptive "x marks the spot" (from a side angle no less) picture, loosely indicating that the points are in front of the back wheels and in back of the front wheels. I've changed tires and brake pads previously, but those have been on older vehicles where I didn't use the pinch welds as jack points. I also never used jack stands previously. My assumption is that Acura wants us to use the pinch welds based on their awful photo and lack of description. However, I could be entirely incorrect. I didn't really see any other good, alternative spots in the area they tried to describe. I now own a 3 ton floor jack and four (4) jack stands. I want to be able to rotate my own tires, and swap out brake pads, etc. I was looking under the vehicle this weekend and took a look at the pinch weld locations near the wheels that appear to protrude a little bit further (maybe a little thicker?). Again, I assume these are the correct points. However, here's my question/problem/concern. There appears to be a hard composite plastic sheeting/covering on either side of the pinch welds. It's possible that there could be solid steel underneath, but i'm not positive, and i didn't knock on it too hard to see if I can make out if there was steel or not underneath. I want to be able to jack up the car using the floor jack in the center of the car (front and rear), and place the floor jacks on the proper jack points (maybe the pinch welds). However, the floor jacks "V" like cavity seems to be a little deeper than the length of the pinch welds. Again, I may be wrong. I didn't take any measurements. I'm thinking that it's possible, when attempting to put the floor jacks under these welds, and when I attempt to lower the vehicle, the tips of the floor jacks would push up against the composite/plastic sheeting on either side of the pinch weld instead of resting at the bottom of the jack stand. Hopefully i'm painting a decent enough picture of what i'm attempting to describe. I apologize if i'm not or just way off altogether. Unfortunately, I don't have any photos. Has anyone jacked up their 2019 RDX yet using a floor jack and jack stands? What was your method? I'm basically looking for the following after writing such a long post:

1) Can you describe the jack points around the wheels?
2) Did you use jack stands on the pinch welds, if the proper location happens to be the pinch welds? Any issues?
3) Can you describe the best floor jack points for the front center and rear center of the vehicle?

Thanks a ton in advance. It's greatly appreciated!
Old 01-29-2019, 08:32 AM
Registered Member

Apparently I wrote too much and people gave up reading my post half way through Seriously though, has anyone jacked up their 2019 RDX Yet? If so, could you let me know the specific jack points? Thanks!
Old 01-29-2019, 08:54 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Audi2Acura View Post
Apparently I wrote too much and people gave up reading my post half way through Seriously though, has anyone jacked up their 2019 RDX Yet? If so, could you let me know the specific jack points? Thanks!
I read your whole post, but can't be of assistance, as I have only owned my RDX 1 week, and don't own a floor jack anymore! Good luck, I'm sure someone will be able to assist you.
The Following User Says Thank You to JB in AZ For This Useful Post:
Audi2Acura (01-29-2019)
Old 01-29-2019, 10:13 PM
Registered Member

I would be interested in Jack Point Descriptions & Locations for the 2019 Acura RDX. Please advise. Thank you.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:49 AM
Registered Member

Aspec does not come with jack. I also want to use my floor jack. Possibly a jack can only be used at the “jack points” and not to raise the entire front or rear?
If this is the case, a jack stand cannot be used since the jack is occupying the jack point near each wheel. Anyone have an answer for this dilemma?
Old 02-10-2019, 12:18 PM
Registered Member

Yeah. I didnít use the center of the vehicle to lift either end so I could put up two jack stands at once. There are some solid frame pieces within close proximity to all the jack points. I used those with the floor jack and threw the jack stands up simultaneously on the pinch welds.
The Following User Says Thank You to Audi2Acura For This Useful Post:
kboo74656 (02-11-2019)
Old 02-10-2019, 09:50 PM
Registered Member

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
lift_points.pdf (519.2 KB, 29 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wander For This Useful Post:
i69fstop (02-15-2019), palgeno (02-11-2019), qwxilvr (02-12-2019), subin (02-11-2019)
Old 02-10-2019, 10:13 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Wander View Post
Wander +1 point to you dude, love all these posts with manual info, did you get a subscription to Honda tech?
Old 02-10-2019, 10:27 PM
Registered Member

Q: Anyone use lift pads (A) under the vehicle's front support points (B) and rear support points (C)? Please advise. Thank you.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:05 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by EXCALIBUR1 View Post
Q: Anyone use lift pads (A) under the vehicle's front support points (B) and rear support points (C)? Please advise. Thank you.
If I had a hydraulic lift in my garage, I would. But sadly, I have to settle for a floor jack ( C ) under either the front ( A ) or rear ( B ) central lift point and put jack stands under the "pinch weld" support points under the sides of the vehicle.

And yes, I have done this on multiple Honda/Acura vehicles.

Having said that, the rear central lift point under this vehicle is less confidence inspiring than others I have seen.

For installing the trailer hitch, I just dropped the spare and shimmied under there without lifting it. YMMV
Old 02-11-2019, 12:41 AM
Registered Member

If I had a hydraulic lift in my garage, I would. But sadly, I have to settle for a floor jack ( C ) under either the front ( A ) or rear ( B ) central lift point and put jack stands under the "pinch weld" support points under the sides of the vehicle.

And yes, I have done this on multiple Honda/Acura vehicles.

Having said that, the rear central lift point under this vehicle is less confidence inspiring than others I have seen.

For installing the trailer hitch, I just dropped the spare and shimmied under there without lifting it. YMMV
Q: Is it okay to put the jack stands directly under the "pinch weld" supports under the side of the vehicle. Won't the "pinch welds" crush with the weight of the vehicle directly on the jack stands? Please advise Thank you.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:22 AM
Registered Member

Q: Is it okay to put the jack stands directly under the "pinch weld" supports under the side of the vehicle. Won't the "pinch welds" crush with the weight of the vehicle directly on the jack stands? Please advise Thank you.
Yes, it's ok to put the stand on the pinch weld. The pinch weld in those jacking points will not crush. However, the floor will crush if the tips of the stand touches first. You may use a small 2x4 to fill in the gap between the pinch weld and center of the stand if need.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:24 AM
Registered Member

It's fine. They are designed to support the weight of the vehicle. Honest.

Note that jack stands have a little groove in the middle of the supports. The center of the "pinch weld" should rest in that groove, to help keep things from slipping.

The "scissor jack" that may be supplied with the vehicle also has a "pad" that fits around the "pinch weld" support. But this is to keep things from slipping, not to keep the support from folding over and collapsing. It's tougher than it looks.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:36 AM
Registered Member

It's fine. They are designed to support the weight of the vehicle. Honest.

Note that jack stands have a little groove in the middle of the supports. The center of the "pinch weld" should rest in that groove, to help keep things from slipping.

The "scissor jack" that may be supplied with the vehicle also has a "pad" that fits around the "pinch weld" support. But this is to keep things from slipping, not to keep the support from folding over and collapsing. It's tougher than it looks.
Thanks for your update and information.
Old 02-11-2019, 02:26 AM
Registered Member

Some people use a block of wood or a little hockey puck with a groove cut out for protection.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1200_.jpg
Old 02-11-2019, 08:30 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Dereileak View Post

Wander +1 point to you dude, love all these posts with manual info, did you get a subscription to Honda tech?
Awesome. Thanks for that. Iíll use those locations next time. Good find! Itís tricky to use the floor jack and simultaneously get a jack stand under the pinch welds. I ended up using some solid frame pieces close to the welds for the jack, but this will greatly assist next time around and will make tire rotations much simpler.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:25 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Audi2Acura View Post

Awesome. Thanks for that. I’ll use those locations next time. Good find! It’s tricky to use the floor jack and simultaneously get a jack stand under the pinch welds. I ended up using some solid frame pieces close to the welds for the jack, but this will greatly assist next time around and will make tire rotations much simpler.
As much as I used to enjoy working on my own vehicles, deteriorating physical ability (AKA aging) has unfortunately caused me to stop this. I had hoped to pass many of my tools onto my sons, but one has shown that he tends to loose/break them (although not so much lately, since he became a home owner...hmmm!) , and the other has no interest in working on his vehicles. (nor does he have the time).

BTW, Discount Tire Stores (or in some areas known as "America's Tire Store" will do tire rotations and flat repairs free, even if you didn't buy your tires there. Make an online appointment, and there is virtually no waiting.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:39 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by JB in AZ View Post
As much as I used to enjoy working on my own vehicles, deteriorating physical ability (AKA aging) has unfortunately caused me to stop this. I had hoped to pass many of my tools onto my sons, but one has shown that he tends to loose/break them (although not so much lately, since he became a home owner...hmmm!) , and the other has no interest in working on his vehicles. (nor does he have the time).

BTW, Discount Tire Stores (or in some areas known as "America's Tire Store" will do tire rotations and flat repairs free, even if you didn't buy your tires there. Make an online appointment, and there is virtually no waiting.
Solid Intel. Thanks! I used to have Discount Tire do the rotations when they were rotating tires I had purchased from them. Didn't think they would rotate tires I didn't buy there. Picked up Vredestein Quatrac 5's from Tire Rack. Great tire by the way! Threw the Continentals in some tire carriers for backup. Might get some other wheels at some point and have a set of winter and summer on rims. Buuuut......No Discount Tire Stores in my area unfortunately. Although, when I move back to my house next year (temporarily away), I'll start using them again. Much appreciated.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:06 PM
Registered Member

Thanks, Wander....just crawled under my Aspec to identify those floor jack points. I need to go to the dealership tomorrow morning so I’ll double check with service department. If any other info, I’ll post.
Old 02-13-2019, 11:41 AM
Registered Member

Had the Aspec up on hoist at the dealership yesterday....the diagram posted by Wander is correct...photos along with diagram would be useful.
Old 02-20-2019, 12:48 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by palgeno View Post
Aspec does not come with jack.
canadian aspec does come with jack..