2019 Acura RDX will be the first Acura to have a full REDESIGN!!! Proto pics page 12

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2018, 09:34 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,582 Likes on 952 Posts
Originally Posted by johnnyvn
The current RDX already has the physical seat heater button, no? I have the Advance model, and its buttons look pretty much just like the ones in these new pics.

PS: What does HUD stand for?
Heads up display. It shows the speed, Navi and few other minor info on windshield or some poops up like in Mazda vehicles.
Old 01-14-2018, 09:35 AM
AZ Community Team

Sorry not full Navi but like in 50 meter turn left or right and etc.
Check post 469 (page 12) and picture #13.

Last edited by Tony Pac; 01-14-2018 at 09:50 AM.
Old 01-14-2018, 09:42 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While bringing back SH AWD is a big plus, I for one am glad I bought the 2017 AWD Advance. A near perfect package.

I think the new grill looks OK, almost identical to the MDX, but don't like the C pillar treatment, as it looks like a Lexus RX.... when they did their Star Wars spaceship treatment in 2016.

Also, I'm not in favor of a many geared transmission, or the push buttons.... The 6 speed is just fine.
Old 01-14-2018, 09:45 AM
MTD
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 59 Posts
Physical buttons for the HVAC, seats, etc. nice! I hate having to dig into the touch screen menus in my current TLX and MDX to change simple settings. The interior really reminds me of the new Lexus RX, which is very very nice.

Im curious to see what the different models will be. Like will they offer a base version with the normal pt AWD, what options will be across the board like the Acurawatch.
Old 01-14-2018, 09:46 AM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by barnowl
While bringing back SH AWD is a big plus, I for one am glad I bought the 2017 AWD Advance. A near perfect package.
Funny you say that, Barn, because I do like my 2018 Advance so much that I'd even consider passing it to the wife if/when I move to the 2019 or 2020 RDX.

TonyPac: OK, heads up display. What would be SUPER sweet would be if that display swiveled so it could be more angled at the driver when desired...
Old 01-14-2018, 09:55 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 164 Likes on 115 Posts
Cant wait to see this car in silver and see the lines even more
Old 01-14-2018, 09:55 AM
Intermediate

Funny you say that, Barn, because I do like my 2018 Advance so much that I'd even consider passing it to the wife if/when I move to the 2019 or 2020 RDX.

Johnny, the only thing I wish it had was Apple Car Play.... but not enough to attempt to buy it from an aftermarket source.

My wife really enjoyed telling Siri to "Take me to (where-ever), and asked why she can't now.

Basically, the phone's voice turn by turn won't work if the iPhone is paired with the car... so... she uses the on-board navigation now...
Old 01-14-2018, 09:56 AM
Advanced

Apple CarPlay confirmed in the 2019.

BTW, in the pic that has the closeup of the steering wheel...what are the letters that appear floating on the windshield? Where are they coming from?
The following users liked this post:
ESHBG (01-14-2018)
Old 01-14-2018, 10:11 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 527 Likes on 339 Posts

BTW, in the pic that has the closeup of the steering wheel...what are the letters that appear floating on the windshield? Where are they coming from?
That's the HUD: Navi, speed limit sign, vehicle speed.

I am really impressed by this RDX and if this is a sign of things to come across the brand I will be happy!
TacoBello (01-14-2018)
Old 01-14-2018, 11:26 AM
Advanced

Kind of reminds me of the new Nissan Rogue Sport.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:14 PM
4th Gear

Yup - If you look at the screen on the steering wheel picture, "Apple Car Play" shows between Settings and SiriusXM. Does this mean AndroidAuto will also be supported (I believe CRV does both).

Anyone know what the "wheels" beside the vol+ and vol- button and cruise control is for (looks like a scroll wheel with buttons on both sides but might just be buttons).
Old 01-14-2018, 12:33 PM

Received 1,405 Likes on 636 Posts
Originally Posted by Markcr

Anyone know what the "wheels" beside the vol+ and vol- button and cruise control is for (looks like a scroll wheel with buttons on both sides but might just be buttons).
I wondered the same thing - maybe it lets you scroll through the apps on the touch screen? Maybe Nexx can shed some light on this one?

The current RDX already has the physical seat heater button, no? I have the Advance model, and its buttons look pretty much just like the ones in these new pics.

PS: What does HUD stand for?
I'm glad they kept the heater buttons physical - one of the minor things I don't like on my TLX is having to jump through the menu on the touch screen to turn on the seat heater. Gets to be a pain if you're shopping and doing a lot of getting in and out of the car.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:44 PM
Advanced

Does Acura officially unveil at midnight tonight Detroit time? I think I had read that somewhere...
Old 01-14-2018, 12:48 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 875 Likes on 669 Posts
Originally Posted by CanTex
So Acura Embargo Poice have been playing Whack-A-Mole with any site that dares to put up photos?

Can't tell for sure but the speedometer/tach appear to be all-electronic, raising hope that one can switch between miles/mph and km/kph, just like my b.i.l. can do on his '14 Equinox. We travel between the U.S.and Canada a lot so it sure would be handy.
They look fully physical to me except that little screen in the centre. I mean even if it was all digital, they would have purposely taken a picture to show that.

Originally Posted by panamera125
I think it's going to be an 11-speed triple clutch. I know that sounds crazy, but I heard a rumor that the RDX might be getting that and they did patent it a while back...It's probably not going in a Honda branded product, so it might make sense to debut here.

Honda Just Patented an 11-Speed Triple-Clutch Transmission
Originally Posted by russianDude
Is 10sp confirmed ? From pictures (shift buttons) it looked like exiting 9sp in MDX
I genuinely hope you are both wrong. That 9 speed is absolute garbage and 11 gears and 3 clutches is WAY overkill (hell 9 speeds is overkill). Fingers crossed they just beefed up the 8 speed DCT. From what I understand is that the current 10 speed is not set up for AWD so this is interesting, can’t wait to see what happens.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:51 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Tony Pac
I don’t want to sounds like an Acura sales person or fanboy but honestly this RDX looks amazing. From design to features, everything looks great!

Acura simply nailed it!!!

Let’s wait until tomorrow to see it live. But I am very positive about RDX.
Totally agreed. I’m absolutely in love with it. For someone who has been wanting something like my 1G RDX in a more reliable but MODERN package for a very long time this RDX really hits it out of the park. The only thing I am curious about is the drivetrain.

TonyPac: OK, heads up display. What would be SUPER sweet would be if that display swiveled so it could be more angled at the driver when desired...
Well ask and you shall receive, if you look at the picture with the steering wheel close up you can see a bank of buttons on the lower left of the dash near the drivers knee area. Well the buttons on the far left of that button bank have HUD (up and down) AND HUD (left and right). I have seen the up and down feature on other vehicles but I have never ever seen the side to side feature for the HUD. That might be an automotive first to be honest. Not even BMW’s can do that! Very very impressed with Acura.

Last edited by RDX10; 01-14-2018 at 12:57 PM.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:04 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
Originally Posted by deevel79
Kind of reminds me of the new Nissan Rogue Sport.
totally... except the RDX looks 100 times better and likely won't be a cheap piece of shit.
The following 2 users liked this post by TacoBello:
Nexx (01-14-2018), PanAnna (01-14-2018)
Old 01-14-2018, 01:15 PM
AZ Community Team

I had faith in Acura but not his much lol! Probably the Acura team sat and decided: let’s make a machine to surprise the world
outcome bingo: RDX
Old 01-14-2018, 02:07 PM
Suzuka Master

I had faith in Acura but not his much lol! Probably the Acura team sat and decided: let’s make a machine to surprise the world
outcome bingo: RDX
Now it’s all a matter of how it drives. I hope they went away from the floaty boaty nature of the 2G and back to the solid handling 1G roots. Having that adaptive suspension means you can possibly choose both! I remember my MDX with the adaptive dampeners changed the bounciness of the ride. In sport mode it would be tight and on undulating roads it would stay squat with the suspension but in comfort mode it would bounce up and down like crazy. Though I don’t recall a difference in ride quality in either setting.
Old 01-14-2018, 02:18 PM
AZ Community Team

Recently Acura worked a lot to improve driving and handling of their vehicles. I doubt if this will be a BMW but I am sure better than Nx. SH-AWD Will help to some extent. Let’s wakt and see. It will be out by spring, right? Or summer?
Old 01-14-2018, 02:50 PM
Suzuka Master

Recently Acura worked a lot to improve driving and handling of their vehicles. I doubt if this will be a BMW but I am sure better than Nx. SH-AWD Will help to some extent. Let’s wakt and see. It will be out by spring, right? Or summer?
I’m guessing not until summer because it’s still early 2018 and they are still calling it a “prototype”. From what I understand the NX isn’t even that good of a handler, it just has a very firm suspension and that is really all that’s going for it. SH-AWD in the absence of a tight suspension can’t solve miracles. But put the two together and yes you can have BMW handling (my 1G RDX was better handling than my X5’s were by a LONG SHOT). In terms of Acura working on improving driving and handling, they actually used to handle really well in the 2000’s era but only within the past few years fell back a little bit. Here is hoping they go back again!
Old 01-14-2018, 03:52 PM
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 19 Posts
Heads up display looks pretty good too. The ablitliy to move it up/down left/right is interesting as well.

Old 01-14-2018, 04:40 PM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Looking through all these pictures again....

Things that look prototype to me: Wide wheels and might be 21's (?); side mirrors too small; LED fog lights; sharpness of body creases on hood and side; Acura Prototype Red color; lots of flashy chrome bits.

Exterior: Overall it looks good pending things that may be prototype. The "Pano" roof looks like a stationary rear glass panel and a fairly conventional forward sunroof. This is a better compromise over a massive glass panel. Still the back glass panel is worthless to me and I'd stay closed forever. The new grill looks much better integrated to the car than the add-on grill in the TLX. I like the wheels if they actually show up on the car. Now sure if I'm a fan of the floating C pillar and the other flashy bits. If some of the flashy bits go away it might be good. If those are larger wheels and the production car comes with smaller wheels the wheel gap might be a little excessive.

Interior: Overall a big improvement on the current gen RDX. The single screen up top looks like it can be two screens side by side. The right side showing status items (looks like three status screens) and the left side showing things like Nav maps. So still dual screens but side by side when it makes sense. I like the rotary dynamic mode switch vice the sequential button in the TLX. HUD is great and Acura should have had HUDs in their cars already. I think the HUD +/- button is a Brightness feature not a left/right adjustment. Not so sure about the touch pad interface. These don't have a great history of being functional. Looks like there is a palm rest there. But I do like the buttons for A/C and Seat functions. There is an APPS button on the steering wheel, probably for CarPlay or Andriod Auto. Or are these through the touchpad? Heated Steering wheel. Camera button on the right stalk. This may be to change modes on the backup camera. Maybe a 360 mode? ELS Studio 3D.... not sure what that means but it sounds good (no pun intended). The front seats look very comfortable with side side bolsters and forward adjustable thigh support? USB ports in the rear console???

Drive-train: SH-AWD will really help this car sell. Probably still an option on the higher trim. Looks like Auto Start-Stop on the SH-AWD trim. No idea about engine or transmission. Acura gets pretty low marks on transmission in my book.

Overall it looks nice but I've learned the hard way to never trust Acura on a 1st year car.
pyrodan007 (01-14-2018)
Old 01-14-2018, 05:26 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
OK - on the same topic (2019 RDX) but different issue: In the pictures all/ most of us saw on here, did anyone see a CD slot in the ELS entertainment system? (And don't ask me what a CD is?) LOL
Old 01-14-2018, 05:32 PM
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
The Acura name badge just fell off the back of my 2005 TL. I think that might be a sign that it's time to trade in. I've been looking at the RDX for a few years and the new pics on the 2019 have me very interested.

A few things I noticed looking at the pics. Obviously what is shown will be with the advance package if it all makes it to the production model.

- No disc player? Maybe a hidden slot? Moving to digital only?
- 360 camera button on right stock
- Heated steering wheel button on the wheel
- HUD with tilt and brightness adjustments
- Paddle shifters
- Plood? accents
- Apple Carplay and Android Auto
- Heated / Ventilated seat buttons now includes an "Auto" feature
- Touchpad control with split screen support
- New ELS audio system
- Rear seats may be partially more reclined (Could just be the angle)
- Pano roof looks to be roughly the same size as before for the tilt / opening section
Old 01-14-2018, 05:42 PM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I love it 😍
ticks all the boxes for me. If the tech is executed successfully ( reliably, no lock ups or freezing) then I will be buying one for sure
Old 01-14-2018, 06:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 118 Likes on 85 Posts
Tail lights looks like Honda. Same form like civic or new accord... Interior is a win, exterior not my cup of tea, but it is not too bad...
Would buy it. It all depends how it drives and how transmission acts LOL.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:08 PM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Do you guys see a 3rd climate zone for the rear seats?
Old 01-14-2018, 10:38 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by MHarnois
Do you guys see a 3rd climate zone for the rear seats?
There is something under the 2nd row air vents but it looks more like charging ports than climate controls. Hard to tell from the angle and resolution of the back seat pic.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:47 PM
2021 RDX A SPEC

Received 308 Likes on 189 Posts
Originally Posted by MrJames
There is something under the 2nd row air vents but it looks more like charging ports than climate controls. Hard to tell from the angle and resolution of the back seat pic.
Most likely USB charging ports. ..heat seater buttons will be on side doors.
Old 01-14-2018, 11:08 PM
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
That thing looks AMAZING! Yes, I do see a little CR-V in it but I love the CR-V as well. About the only thing that would make it better (aside from doing away with that shifter set-up) would be if they offered Turbo again.
Old 01-15-2018, 09:36 AM
Safety Car

Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts
Spoke to a GM yesterday. They dont expect deliveries until summer. (He was trying to get me into an 18 of course). He said that it probably wont lease decently until 2020. So ~350/mo (base) and ~425/mo (tech) for an 18 would probably be $100/mo more, respectively, when it comes out in late 2018 through 2019. He said it will probably be close to MDX territory (for leases). Which is fairly believable, as I am pricing out the new XC60...Its $100/mo more than the outgoing XC60, and surprisingly close to the current XC90.

Is the pano confirmed for US? Any idea if it will be a standalone option, or trim specific?
Old 01-15-2018, 09:57 AM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
LIve feed

Live feed of reveal (11:05 EST)

https://www.clickondetroit.com/auto-...roit-auto-show
MHarnois (01-15-2018)
Old 01-15-2018, 09:57 AM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
[QUOTE= Is the pano confirmed for US? Any idea if it will be a standalone option, or trim specific?[/QUOTE]

Confirmed? Do you realize they haven't even revealed the "prototype" yet?
Old 01-15-2018, 09:59 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 498 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by MHarnois
Confirmed? Do you realize they haven't even revealed the "prototype" yet?
Yes the US version will come standard with pano
Old 01-15-2018, 10:02 AM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I think my first reaction is thumbs down on the exterior. If smaller engine, then I likely will hang on to my 2016 Elite for another year.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:05 AM
Instructor

With the leaks, I guess we're just waiting on the press release for some specs since we already know what it looks like.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:21 AM
Instructor

Pano roof is standard on all models. 2.0 turbo with 40% more torque. 10 speed transmission
Old 01-15-2018, 10:23 AM
Instructor

No more plood?

"If it looks like metal, it's metal. If it looks like wood, it's wood."

ELS 3D: now with ceiling speakers
Old 01-15-2018, 10:25 AM
Instructor

Acurawatch is now standard on all models
Old 01-15-2018, 10:26 AM
Instructor

Launches mid year with A-Spec model
The following 2 users liked this post by MrJames:
a35tl (01-15-2018), PanAnna (01-15-2018)

Quick Reply: 2019 Acura RDX will be the first Acura to have a full REDESIGN!!! Proto pics page 12