2019 Acura RDX will be the first Acura to have a full REDESIGN!!! Proto pics page 12

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 10:07 AM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by MHarnois
"A Spec" is purely cosmetic, inside and out and nothing different under the hood. "Type S" is a bump in power and sportier ride.
Aha. Thank you.

So, I guess that it's the Type S moniker that we don't yet know whether the 3G RDX will ever get?
Old 03-30-2018, 10:28 AM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by johnnyvn
Aha. Thank you.

So, I guess that it's the Type S moniker that we don't yet know whether the 3G RDX will ever get?
Correct.
Old 03-30-2018, 10:58 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 694 Likes on 536 Posts
I think its pretty much settled that there is no type S for 2019, maybe later on...
Old 03-30-2018, 01:48 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 869 Likes on 665 Posts
"A Spec" is purely cosmetic, inside and out and nothing different under the hood. "Type S" is a bump in power and sportier ride.
Just a little correction, A-Spec is mostly cosmetic, but it also does have a slightly stiffer and sportier ride and handling but no power bump. Type-S is a much stiffer ride, better handling, and a decent power bump.
Old 03-30-2018, 01:52 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
Originally Posted by russianDude
I think its pretty much settled that there is no type S for 2019, maybe later on...
it was hinted at 2020/2021... essentially, after the TLX-S launches with the V6T, I'd imagine.
Old 03-30-2018, 02:01 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBello

it was hinted at 2020/2021... essentially, after the TLX-S launches with the V6T, I'd imagine.

Since I just leased the 2018 RDX Advance in October of last year, I won't be due for a new one until fall of 2019. Hopefully at that time, they'll have a Type S on offer. that's my hope anyway...
Old 03-30-2018, 02:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 160 Posts

Posted in a couple of threads, but this gets into trim levels a little.
Old 03-30-2018, 03:53 PM
Instructor

Has anyone seen any indication that a rear seat climate zone will be available? With all that glass on top, the rear seat occupants could use their own controls on hot summer days.
Old 03-30-2018, 04:34 PM
Instructor

Smile

Originally Posted by RDX10

Just a little correction, A-Spec is mostly cosmetic, but it also does have a slightly stiffer and sportier ride and handling but no power bump. Type-S is a much stiffer ride, better handling, and a decent power bump.
To make it easy, I just tell myself that while S stands for Sport, A stands for All-show-no-go!
Old 04-02-2018, 01:00 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts

When the original 1G RDX debut Acura was saying that it was on an all new platform unique to the RDX and diferent to the CRV. In reality they only really changed a couple things but called it unique and all new.

From what I am gathering, this 3G RDX takes the CRV (essentially the civic) platform and modifies the front portion so that it can hold a V6 engine (someone shared a link on this somewhere on here) and the rear portion so that it can support the SH-AWD hardware. As far as “All-New” and “Bespoke” I call bullshit. Acura is too small of a company to be developing individual platforms for the entire Acura lineup and also they just aren’t global either. I mean hell Toyota is MASSIVE and look what they do with their platforms.

The 1G RDX drove phenomenally well for a crossover based on the CRV platform so I don’t really care if this new RDX also shares the same platform, personally.
I think the term they used was Exclusive, which technically it seems like it is, even though it may not be that different from the CRV. But if they do end up putting a V-6, V-6 Turbo, with SH-AWD, it will put that vehicle in some pretty unique territory. They may not sell that many, but it would be a statement vehicle for the Acura brand and that would be good.
Old 04-02-2018, 01:51 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Question Shade for glass?

Has anyone seen any indication that a rear seat climate zone will be available? With all that glass on top, the rear seat occupants could use their own controls on hot summer days.
Am I wrong that the rear glass ceiling will have a powered shade to close and help with any heat issues? I read that it will have that. I think all others with the glass roof have a closing shade. Personally I have not experienced
these roofs. so I don't know if the heat is still a factor when the shade is closed. I would like to know if anyone has experience with this issue. At this time I am waiting for the only white A-Spec due in on the first round of orders.
Although, I'm not obligated to take it IF I don't like it enough to trade my '17 RDX V6 Tech.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:36 PM
9th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So far, I'm very impressed with the new RDX. I am kinda, sorta in the market for an SUV/CUV so I've been paying attention to the new vehicles announced at NYIAS and the RDX is really appealing. If the base price is close to the current gen, then I could definitely see myself in one of these. This is one of the very few vehicles that I could buy the base model and have everything I'd have to have. Much more that $37k and it's getting to the upper limit of my comfort zone, though. I like the design, although I could do without the ubiquitous "crab claw" taillights. The interior is very nice, but not sure how I feel about the drive mode selector being so in your face. Looking forward to checking one out when they hit the local dealer's lot.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:47 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,508 Likes on 1,176 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
Am I wrong that the rear glass ceiling will have a powered shade to close and help with any heat issues? I read that it will have that. I think all others with the glass roof have a closing shade. Personally I have not experienced
these roofs. so I don't know if the heat is still a factor when the shade is closed. I would like to know if anyone has experience with this issue. At this time I am waiting for the only white A-Spec due in on the first round of orders.
Although, I'm not obligated to take it IF I don't like it enough to trade my '17 RDX V6 Tech.
Pano sunroof usually have a retractable sunshade panel to help with heat and glare. I don't know if it will be manual or have a separate button to open/close the shade panel? I pretty much get zero use from my sunroofs on all three of my vehicles in the southwestern sun. Too hot in summer, too cold in winter, usually dusty/sandy, and speed limits of 65-80 mph make it too noisy. I leave the roof and shade close 99.9% of the time.

All the new tech, engine, 10AT, suspension, design, and dealer mark-ups are my main reasons for waiting until the 2nd or 3rd model year before I purchase. Acura had quite a few updates and TSBs between the 1st and 2nd model years when my all new 1st Gen TSX and 1st Gen RDX hit the road.

Last edited by mrgold35; 04-03-2018 at 08:50 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Colorado Guy AF Ret. (04-04-2018)
Old 04-03-2018, 09:37 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mrgold35
Pano sunroof usually have a retractable sunshade panel to help with heat and glare. I don't know if it will be manual or have a separate button to open/close the shade panel? I pretty much get zero use from my sunroofs on all three of my vehicles in the southwestern sun. Too hot in summer, too cold in winter, usually dusty/sandy, and speed limits of 65-80 mph make it too noisy. I leave the roof and shade close 99.9% of the time.

All the new tech, engine, 10AT, suspension, design, and dealer mark-ups are my main reasons for waiting until the 2nd or 3rd model year before I purchase. Acura had quite a few updates and TSBs between the 1st and 2nd model years when my all new 1st Gen TSX and 1st Gen RDX hit the road.
Any idea if the rear seat finally gets its own climate zone?
Old 04-03-2018, 10:23 AM
mrgold35

Any idea if the rear seat finally gets its own climate zone?
Looks like we only get center console vents only. Doesn't look like we get temp control or fan speed options.

You can see the panel for pano sunroof in this pic.
Old 04-03-2018, 03:13 PM
Hello World

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
HUD buttons on the A-Spec

Just wondering why there are no HUD buttons on the A-Spec, unlike on the standard version, beside the Lane Departure/Traction Control buttons.
Old 04-04-2018, 02:29 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by TNTA2
So far, I'm very impressed with the new RDX. I am kinda, sorta in the market for an SUV/CUV so I've been paying attention to the new vehicles announced at NYIAS and the RDX is really appealing. If the base price is close to the current gen, then I could definitely see myself in one of these. This is one of the very few vehicles that I could buy the base model and have everything I'd have to have. Much more that $37k and it's getting to the upper limit of my comfort zone, though. I like the design, although I could do without the ubiquitous "crab claw" taillights. The interior is very nice, but not sure how I feel about the drive mode selector being so in your face. Looking forward to checking one out when they hit the local dealer's lot.
Funny that you mention those crab claw tail lights. I was just thinking the other day that they really seem to be the latest trend across a variety of brands. Honda, Acura, Subaru, Toyota, GMC....hope it won’t become too overplayed.

In terms of that dynamic selector. I agree. I think they took the sporting image a little too far by making that knob so large and in your face like that. They really used up some valuable real estate on the dash with it. I get that they are trying to “evoque NSX emotion” with that, but I mean come on. Let’s stop pretending. Then again, this 3G RDX could drive as well as the 1G and that thing drives AMAZINGLY WELL. So if it does drive like that I am fine with the knob lol.
Old 04-04-2018, 09:09 AM
10th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Long time lurker, first time poster. We're considering a 2018 Advance vs waiting for the 2019, to replace a 2006 Honda Civic. How much of a dealer markup can be expected on the 2019 RDX? Any experience from previous brand new releases from Acura? I suspect these will trickle out to the lots and we will need it by early August, just in time to welcome child #2. I was hoping at least MSRP and trim info would be available by early May, before the 2018's are gone, but if the markup is another wildcard it might push us to the 2018 now.
Old 04-04-2018, 10:32 AM
mrgold35

Originally Posted by gizzard
Long time lurker, first time poster. We're considering a 2018 Advance vs waiting for the 2019, to replace a 2006 Honda Civic. How much of a dealer markup can be expected on the 2019 RDX? Any experience from previous brand new releases from Acura? I suspect these will trickle out to the lots and we will need it by early August, just in time to welcome child #2. I was hoping at least MSRP and trim info would be available by early May, before the 2018's are gone, but if the markup is another wildcard it might push us to the 2018 now.
I can see certain models like the RDX A-Spec in unique color combos being harder to get just above invoice for a while. My bank (USAA), Sam's, and Costco have car buying services. I would compare those prices to see what saving you can get compared to walking in from the street.

I find what works best for me is to contact the internet sales manager when I'm ready to negotiate prices. I include any accessories into the price and don't discuss down-payment, lease/purchase, financing, or trade-in. I live in New Mexico with one dealership in Albuquerque. I have to drive 5-8 hours out of state if my local dealership isn't ready to deal. I can go back-and-forth with internet sales manager in NM, CO, and AZ on final price and I discuss what other dealership are offering for the exact same vehicle. Usually, my local dealership is willing to meet any price from out of state dealerships (saves me travel cost). They didn't meet my price on my used 11 MDX and I traveled 5 1/2 hrs to Colorado instead (purchased a used 11 MDX Adv+Ent in CO for the same price as 11 MDX tech in NM for the same $$$).

Sounds like you keep your vehicles for a while like I do (06 TSX +142K, 08 RDX 149K, 11 MDX 108K). Acura 1st model years (especially all new models) tend to have the most issues and TSB fixes compared to 2nd-3rd model years. Usually, the mid-model-change (MMC) is when the model run seems to become the most reliable for long-term +150,000 miles of ownership. You might get some fantastic deals on the 2nd Gen RDX Adv or even upgrade to a +17 used MDX for the same price as a new 2nd/3rd Gen RDX. I'm keeping all vehicles on the table (even sticking with my current ones) until I test drive everything.
The following 2 users liked this post by mrgold35:
RDL1 (04-13-2018), Tony Pac (04-04-2018)
Old 04-04-2018, 01:49 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,581 Likes on 951 Posts
I can see certain models like the RDX A-Spec in unique color combos being harder to get just above invoice for a while. My bank (USAA), Sam's, and Costco have car buying services. I would compare those prices to see what saving you can get compared to walking in from the street.

I find what works best for me is to contact the internet sales manager when I'm ready to negotiate prices. I include any accessories into the price and don't discuss down-payment, lease/purchase, financing, or trade-in. I live in New Mexico with one dealership in Albuquerque. I have to drive 5-8 hours out of state if my local dealership isn't ready to deal. I can go back-and-forth with internet sales manager in NM, CO, and AZ on final price and I discuss what other dealership are offering for the exact same vehicle. Usually, my local dealership is willing to meet any price from out of state dealerships (saves me travel cost). They didn't meet my price on my used 11 MDX and I traveled 5 1/2 hrs to Colorado instead (purchased a used 11 MDX Adv+Ent in CO for the same price as 11 MDX tech in NM for the same $$$).

Sounds like you keep your vehicles for a while like I do (06 TSX +142K, 08 RDX 149K, 11 MDX 108K). Acura 1st model years (especially all new models) tend to have the most issues and TSB fixes compared to 2nd-3rd model years. Usually, the mid-model-change (MMC) is when the model run seems to become the most reliable for long-term +150,000 miles of ownership. You might get some fantastic deals on the 2nd Gen RDX Adv or even upgrade to a +17 used MDX for the same price as a new 2nd/3rd Gen RDX. I'm keeping all vehicles on the table (even sticking with my current ones) until I test drive everything.
I know you replied to our new member here. I welcome him and congratulate him on his 2nd baby!
But I want to thank you for your useful and amazing response. I wish we all share ideas, help and critic each other but with a good intention. I am very impressed by your response. Thank you man!
The following 2 users liked this post by Tony Pac:
mrgold35 (04-05-2018), RDL1 (04-13-2018)
Old 04-05-2018, 02:23 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Tony Pac
I know you replied to our new member here. I welcome him and congratulate him on his 2nd baby!
But I want to thank you for your useful and amazing response. I wish we all share ideas, help and critic each other but with a good intention. I am very impressed by your response. Thank you man!
That’s mrgold35 for you, over the past 4 years I have been on here he has been incredibly helpful both on the forum itself and through PM’s. Not to mention he’s always bang on and a reliable source of knowledge. So I second the thanks.
The following 2 users liked this post by RDX10:
mrgold35 (04-05-2018), RDL1 (04-13-2018)
Old 04-05-2018, 08:14 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,581 Likes on 951 Posts

That’s mrgold35 for you, over the past 4 years I have been on here he has been incredibly helpful both on the forum itself and through PM’s. Not to mention he’s always bang on and a reliable source of knowledge. So I second the thanks.
100% agreed!

Same here...4 years and always appreciate his replies and enjoy reading them
Team Acura!
Old 04-05-2018, 08:43 AM
Carbon Bronze RDX

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Then again, this 3G RDX could drive as well as the 1G and that thing drives AMAZINGLY WELL. So if it does drive like that I am fine with the knob lol.
I’m still driving my ‘07 RDX - I have a train commute, so it doesn’t get a ton of miles, and nothing else I’ve driven has really felt compelling enough for an upgrade. This 3rd gen finally looks like what I’ve been waiting for. I saw it at the NY auto show, looked great in white, not sure about the blue. Wish they kept the wheels from the prototype. The people there had no information to share on colors, and they had all the new RDXs locked - what’s the deal with that?

Looking forward to seeing reviews coming out soon, and what the final color combo options end up being, especially for the A-spec.

Last edited by Philbert; 04-05-2018 at 08:48 AM.
Old 04-06-2018, 02:14 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Philbert
I’m still driving my ‘07 RDX - I have a train commute, so it doesn’t get a ton of miles, and nothing else I’ve driven has really felt compelling enough for an upgrade. This 3rd gen finally looks like what I’ve been waiting for. I saw it at the NY auto show, looked great in white, not sure about the blue. Wish they kept the wheels from the prototype. The people there had no information to share on colors, and they had all the new RDXs locked - what’s the deal with that?

Looking forward to seeing reviews coming out soon, and what the final color combo options end up being, especially for the A-spec.
The 1G RDX is one of the most underated vehicles. Very few people actually know about them let alone about how well they drive. The 2G RDX was a far cry from the 1G and I am happy to see Acura going back to that mindset. With 12 years between the 1G and 3G I am certain the 3G will handle even better than the 1G and that puts it way up there.

In terms of the colors, there is a thread on here where someone mentions color choices that their dealer told them and they even mentioned the red leather interior on the A-Spec before they showed it at new york so I trust that posters source. My personal choice would be red on red and if that’s not possible (almost never is) I would take white or silver with red leather interior. That red leather is a must have for me.
Old 04-06-2018, 06:46 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 522 Likes on 334 Posts

The 1G RDX is one of the most underated vehicles. Very few people actually know about them let alone about how well they drive. The 2G RDX was a far cry from the 1G and I am happy to see Acura going back to that mindset. With 12 years between the 1G and 3G I am certain the 3G will handle even better than the 1G and that puts it way up there.

In terms of the colors, there is a thread on here where someone mentions color choices that their dealer told them and they even mentioned the red leather interior on the A-Spec before they showed it at new york so I trust that posters source. My personal choice would be red on red and if that’s not possible (almost never is) I would take white or silver with red leather interior. That red leather is a must have for me.
You can get the TLX with red on red, so I would assume the RDX would be the same way. What I hate about Acuras interiors is on some (not all) models they won't get you get the blue exterior with the black interior. I love blue exteriors, but I much prefer them with the black interior over the gray.

If I was in charge, I would let you order any color interior with any color exterior. If someone wants to combine them, why not? I guess there's not a market for it, and clearly I am not in charge, haha.
Old 04-06-2018, 05:17 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Curious3GTL
You can get the TLX with red on red, so I would assume the RDX would be the same way. What I hate about Acuras interiors is on some (not all) models they won't get you get the blue exterior with the black interior. I love blue exteriors, but I much prefer them with the black interior over the gray.

If I was in charge, I would let you order any color interior with any color exterior. If someone wants to combine them, why not? I guess there's not a market for it, and clearly I am not in charge, haha.
Hey man how are you and where have you been?

Really? You can get the TLX with red on red? That’s awesome! I am pretty sure the RDX will give that option as well. The great thing is that in Canada we tend to get combos that you guys don’t typically see (such as white on black).

I agree that you should be able to get any exterior on any interior. These days with mainstream cars being as fully loaded as luxury cars, luxury cars need to start having an edge of being more customizable. But I mean even brands like Mercedes and Lexus limit interior and extrior color combos.
Old 04-06-2018, 05:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 276 Likes on 180 Posts
Originally Posted by Curious3GTL
That's how it should be. When I ordered my BMW, I found it both odd and refreshing that, had I wanted to, I could have ordered metallic orange over red leather. Sure, it'd look pretty bad, but anybody daring enough to order that combination will pay for it when it comes time to sell/trade. I know offering more combinations leads to increased production costs, but this business of giving exactly one interior option for a given exterior color is too limiting. Find a happy medium. Every exterior should have a minimum of two interior color options. White and black should each have three or four.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:19 PM
9th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Philbert

I too was disappointed at the Acura display at the NY Auto Show. The doors to the vehicles were locked and the Acura spokespeople were of no real help at all. I too thought the car looked great in white in the A-spec trim. There was a red RDX that I thought could be the Advanced trim but which could not be confirmed by the Acura personnel. Overall I am very impressed with the finished product. Just have to wait now for the pricing and driving reviews.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:47 PM
10th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the info - very helpful. We are lucky in that we have 5 or 6 Acura dealers within a 30 mile radius (NE metro). On the 2019 we'll probably want the base trim (as long as it includes the active driver safety features currently in AW) and SH-AWD. A-spec will probably get nixxed by the wife. The MDX would be great if we had a garage - finding room to park a ~200" car on the street everyday is challenging! We are cross-shopping the XC60, the new X3, CX-5, CR-V, and perhaps the new Tiguan, and the crazy oddball a CPO 330i / 340i GT.
Old 04-07-2018, 12:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 527 Likes on 339 Posts

Wise words. My '94 Accord and '09 TSX have shown me that 1st year Honda/Acura products are probably best left alone if you like to drive your cars for many many years. If you're leasing then it doesn't seem to be as big of a deal minus the inconveniences of running back and forth to the dealership.
The following 2 users liked this post by ESHBG:
mrgold35 (04-09-2018), TacoBello (04-07-2018)
Old 04-09-2018, 12:38 AM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gizzard
We are cross-shopping the XC60, the new X3, CX-5, CR-V
Same! My focus on the new RDX (and by relation, the CR-V) will be the infotainment system. Have disliked past Acura systems - they seemed to be designed by engineers that don't drive. Hoping things are better. Meanwhile, I am enjoying the search for a replacement of my 535.
Old 04-09-2018, 03:17 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 522 Likes on 334 Posts

Hey man how are you and where have you been?

Really? You can get the TLX with red on red? That’s awesome! I am pretty sure the RDX will give that option as well. The great thing is that in Canada we tend to get combos that you guys don’t typically see (such as white on black).

I agree that you should be able to get any exterior on any interior. These days with mainstream cars being as fully loaded as luxury cars, luxury cars need to start having an edge of being more customizable. But I mean even brands like Mercedes and Lexus limit interior and extrior color combos.
I've been good, thanks for asking! Busy like crazy, but good. How's life with you?

And yeah, they allow you to do that. It's kind of interesting to me how Canada gets more options than us. AKA The blue exterior with the black interior..... I might be a little jealous.

I love Lexus, they're an awesome company, but that navigation interface has to be the worst in the industry. It's the slowest I've ever seen, and the interface is absolutely garbage. That's way more of their hurdle than colors.

Originally Posted by HotRodW
That's how it should be. When I ordered my BMW, I found it both odd and refreshing that, had I wanted to, I could have ordered metallic orange over red leather. Sure, it'd look pretty bad, but anybody daring enough to order that combination will pay for it when it comes time to sell/trade. I know offering more combinations leads to increased production costs, but this business of giving exactly one interior option for a given exterior color is too limiting. Find a happy medium. Every exterior should have a minimum of two interior color options. White and black should each have three or four.
Yeah, I agree completely. I get why Acura doesn't do the BMW way. What happens when someone puts down a deposit on that orange BMW with a red interior and then cancels their deposit? Now the dealer is stuck with an ugly combination that's hard to sell. However, there's no reason like you said they can't add more options. Also bring back the Espresso color from the 4th Gen TL interior.
HotRodW (04-09-2018)
Old 04-12-2018, 12:28 PM
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
For those with more technical car knowledge: Acura Engineers Pull Back RDX Skin Technology content from WardsAuto. Since it sounds like foreign language to me (and probably many others) would love some of your thoughts on the contents of the article.
The following 2 users liked this post by SK1124:
Rocket_man (04-13-2018), ZipSpeed (04-12-2018)
Old 04-12-2018, 01:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Not going to lie, I was ready to move on from Acura brand. I am a long term TL owner. Bought mine in 05 and still driving to this day. I am coming up on needing to get a new car. The direction Acura has gone with design and power train has been absolutely horrendous. The MDX and RDX have been its saving grace recently. I have not been sold on SUV/CUV because I am more of a sedan person. However the new RDX design has changed my mind. This fall, as long as there are no complaints about the drive-train, I likely will get an A-Spec RDX. The new RDX inside and out looks absolutely great. This is the best looking Acura in recent times. I'd love to see if the new TLX redesign looks as good but I don't think I can wait until summer 2019.
RDL1 (04-13-2018)
Old 04-12-2018, 03:59 PM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by KevinMR
Same! My focus on the new RDX (and by relation, the CR-V) will be the infotainment system. Have disliked past Acura systems - they seemed to be designed by engineers that don't drive. Hoping things are better. Meanwhile, I am enjoying the search for a replacement of my 535.
I was disappointed in the XC60 at the Auto Show. I expected great things, but it just didn't wow me like it should.

I too am on the horns of a dilemma with my 535. It remains rock solid, but is totally out of date. At 10 1/2 years old and 120K miles it is virtually worthless on the market, yet still does everything it did when I bought it. I want a car with all the modern driving aids, so maybe I would get rid of my wife's 2014 Accord while it is still worth something.

The only car that I have driven that drives better all around than my 535 is a new 540, but I am not spending 70K on a car at this stage.

First world problems.
Old 04-13-2018, 12:50 AM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Madd Dog

I was disappointed in the XC60 at the Auto Show. I expected great things, but it just didn't wow me like it should.

I too am on the horns of a dilemma with my 535. It remains rock solid, but is totally out of date. At 10 1/2 years old and 120K miles it is virtually worthless on the market, yet still does everything it did when I bought it. I want a car with all the modern driving aids, so maybe I would get rid of my wife's 2014 Accord while it is still worth something.

The only car that I have driven that drives better all around than my 535 is a new 540, but I am not spending 70K on a car at this stage.

First world problems.
After three BMW sedans ('03 M5 "Beast", '08 535 and '15 535, with an '11 MDX in there), I am ready to go back to an SUV. I just passed the 33rd month on the 535 today and there has never been a single thing that I've had to mention to the dealer about it. Rock solid - same as the other BMW's. But I am driving in the mountains more and I'm tired of worrying about curbs and other stuff with the low M-Sport package.

CX-5 is the current leader in the clubhouse, followed by the X3, with the RDX a potential/hopeful spoiler when I get something new in late June.
Old 04-14-2018, 07:32 PM
Cruisin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
New video from Honda Pro Jason about the RDX body structure and SH AWD.

OA5599 (04-17-2018)
Old 04-14-2018, 08:02 PM
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
Interesting graphic from that video.

New RDX has more horse power for the most of the power band.
2019 Acura RDX will be the first Acura to have a full REDESIGN!!! Proto pics page 12-mryjjci.png
Old 04-15-2018, 02:16 AM
Carbon Bronze Pearl 2008

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by MrJames
Interesting graphic from that video.

New RDX has more horse power for the most of the power band.
And look at that torque curve for the 2019 RDX. Or, lack of a curve. It just goes straight up almost instantly. Damn! If these specs are accurate this new 2.0T with all new 10-speed is going to kick some serious ass. So looking forward to some driving reviews.
Old 04-15-2018, 03:43 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
Saw the 2019 RDX at the local auto show... it was fenced off, and you weren't allowed to sit in it, the same as all other shows... but.. the drivers side window was half down... I looked at the dash, specifically above the gauge cluster and surrounding it, and thought "oh fuck, that looks like super cheap, hard, shitty plastic".

So I stuck my hand in the window and touched it.

And it was soft. And nice. And completely opposite of what I thought it was. I actually liked it after touching it.

I then was yelled at by the chick standing next to the RDX, saying I'm not allowed to do that fuck you! Kick me out of your shitty $15 auto show

told her I had to do it. She didn't care, but was just doing her job. Chatted a bit, and off I went

Last edited by TacoBello; 04-15-2018 at 03:48 AM.

Quick Reply: 2019 Acura RDX will be the first Acura to have a full REDESIGN!!! Proto pics page 12