2019 Acura RDX will be the first Acura to have a full REDESIGN!!! Proto pics page 12

Old 02-10-2018, 12:16 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
Yes, but let's keep in mind that they also moved somewhere just under 52,000 RDXs just last year. People were buying the 2G, regardless if it was a downgrade in various ways, or not. Those kind of sales numbers are pretty good, I'd say. I wish they had a sedan again that could consistently sell that well.
Old 02-10-2018, 01:15 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 869 Likes on 665 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbon2008RDX
I take a little offense when you say “garbage AWD system”. Granted, I know it’s not SH-AWD but I have a 2016 AWD and they improved it quite a bit from the 2013-2015 models. It’s not bad. I have run it through the snow many times now in the almost two years I’ve had the RDX and it’s really not bad in the snow. It’s actually pretty good.
First off I want to appologize if my post came off inflammatory or offensive because that is not my intention. However I still stand by my opinion that a modern AWD system not capable of sending more than 40% of the power to the rear and also no ability to lock it into permanent AWD mode is useless. You’re better off putting snow tires on your car in the winter and calling it a day. The 2016-2018 system is an improvement over the 2013-2015 system but that doesn’t mean it’s good. Like I said this is just my opinion on comparing it to other AWD systems.

Originally Posted by Rocket_man
It's kind of hard to tell that much with the camo, but when you look at the side of the car it looks like the sheet metal is more slab-sided than the prototype. The deep stampings that go into the rear doors are gone. And on the hood, those sharp edges / ridges are also gone or very toned down. Those were nice character lines. The normal side mirror don't look quite so nice as the prototype. Can't see the wheels or the wheel gap so it is hard to say anything about that. I can see the rear lights look about the same. The headlights are a little harder to make out. The front looks pretty much the same, but not clear if the 'swoop' back along the side of the car as much. Too much camo.
You’re right, it is a bit hard to tell. That’s what sucks about that camo paint. But the proportions and rear end look at least the same. Lmao the prototype mirrors were like an inch wide so it had to be done haha. The wheels are hard to see but they actually look very large to me. Also notice the large round exhaust tips!
Old 02-10-2018, 03:26 PM
Team Owner

Judging by how a friend of mine drives his 2009 CRV through snow covered streets, I'd say it's still an infinitely better system than my fwd only TL

I know sh-AWD is something else altogether... but even an older CRV system does wonderfully in shit conditions. I cant speak for the current RDX, but I imagine it can get the job done in most situations. Can it power up a steep icy incline like the MDX test comparison video from a few years ago? No, likely not even close. But... real world conditions are never really like that anyway. I dunno. Just my two cents. I'm glad SH-AWD is coming back to the RDX though... I just don't think the current awd is garbage.
Old 02-10-2018, 05:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by TacoBello
Judging by how a friend of mine drives his 2009 CRV through snow covered streets, I'd say it's still an infinitely better system than my fwd only TL

I know sh-AWD is something else altogether... but even an older CRV system does wonderfully in shit conditions. I cant speak for the current RDX, but I imagine it can get the job done in most situations. Can it power up a steep icy incline like the MDX test comparison video from a few years ago? No, likely not even close. But... real world conditions are never really like that anyway. I dunno. Just my two cents. I'm glad SH-AWD is coming back to the RDX though... I just don't think the current awd is garbage.
Do I think it is better than nothing? Yes I do. But when comparing it to other AWD systems it’s on the lower end for me personally. As for your comment on the CRV, let me show you a video of the CRV AWD system (comparable to the RDX) and you’ll see how incapable of a system it is.

Now yes this is an extreme case where the 2 front wheels have zero grip. However it’s more of a fair test vs those that put 3 wheels on rollers. Also the rear wheels are getting power because if they weren’t the CRV would have rolled down the hill, but clearly not enough power to move the car forwards. They test it against a ford escape that can send upto 50% to the rear and it passes the test flawlessly. I rest my case.

Old 02-10-2018, 06:16 PM
Team Owner

My TL would fail that test too

I got nothing. That is pretty brutal. That system probably requires at least one of the front wheels to be gripping in order for it to work. It seems with both slipping, it goes full fwd. that CRV fails in test mode. But in real world mode, it seems to win. They hold their value super well and I'm guessing it's in part due to their pretty decent reliability paired with its "utility" and "AWD". Shiiiet, there's still a surprising shit ton of first gens rolling around

Last edited by TacoBello; 02-10-2018 at 06:25 PM.
Old 02-10-2018, 06:57 PM
Carbon Bronze Pearl 2008

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
To be honest, the 1st gen RDX with SH-AWD would fail that roller test as well. I know for a fact as I had a 2008 RDX and came across that exact same condition (both front tires on ice at a stop on a slight incline) and it would NOT move. Just spun the fronts like crazy and rears did nothing. One of the front tires must have some type of grip for the rears to kick in. Hence, the SH-AWD is really just a handling improvement but not really any better than the AWD in the 2016-2018 RDX. As for the 2019 RDX with an all new SH-AWD we’ll have to wait and see how that performs.
Old 02-10-2018, 07:06 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by TacoBello
My TL would fail that test too

I got nothing. That is pretty brutal. That system probably requires at least one of the front wheels to be gripping in order for it to work. It seems with both slipping, it goes full fwd. that CRV fails in test mode. But in real world mode, it seems to win. They hold their value super well and I'm guessing it's in part due to their pretty decent reliability paired with its "utility" and "AWD". Shiiiet, there's still a surprising shit ton of first gens rolling around
Lmao then what’s the point of an AWD system that is incapable of sending power to the rear if the front also needs traction? Also yes this test is an “ideal” situation but it also is not one that can’t occur in real life. Had they used a subaru or audi or...etc with a more advanced AWD system to show how messed up these results are, you may be able to argue, but they used a ford escape. So my opinion on the RDX system is not some personal bias out of thin air. There are real tests/results that support my view.

At the end of the day, the 2G RDX is still a great car and yes for day to day city use the AWD system is fine. But to call it a good system is false IMO. That’s all I was trying to say.
Old 02-10-2018, 07:14 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Carbon2008RDX
To be honest, the 1st gen RDX with SH-AWD would fail that roller test as well. I know for a fact as I had a 2008 RDX and came across that exact same condition (both front tires on ice at a stop on a slight incline) and it would NOT move. Just spun the fronts like crazy and rears did nothing. One of the front tires must have some type of grip for the rears to kick in. Hence, the SH-AWD is really just a handling improvement but not really any better than the AWD in the 2016-2018 RDX. As for the 2019 RDX with an all new SH-AWD we’ll have to wait and see how that performs.
But the 1G RDX has uphill logic control, it automatically sends 70% of the torque to the rear. I’ve personally been in situations where the 2 front wheels were on ice and even one of the rear wheels and I visibly seen on the MID that the system sent full bars to the opposite wheel that had traction and it was flawless. It was on a super mild incline though and not as severe as the one in that video.

However I can show you many many many videos of SH-AWD equipped vehicles easily passing this test and even more severe versions of this test where 3 wheels are on rollers. So you might have had that experience but to say that SH-AWD has the same results as this system on the CRV and RDX is false.
Old 02-11-2018, 02:04 AM
Cruisin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Chicago Auto Show.
Underneath, it looks like there is a true dual exhaust setup. Let’s hope they keep this.
Attached Thumbnails 2019 Acura RDX will be the first Acura to have a full REDESIGN!!! Proto pics page 12-31f65f9e-d2ff-4bea-8e7c-35360f111fca.jpeg  
The following users liked this post:
mrgold35 (02-11-2018)
Old 02-11-2018, 04:34 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by mrgold35
It is really hard to tell from the video; but, the 3rd Gen RDX looks almost just a touch smaller in overall dimensions to the current MDX? I can't wait for spec sheet to come out to see how it compares to the current MDX/RDX in size and capabilities. I hoping towing will be in the 1500-2500lbs range, option for donut or full size spare (because of towing), sh-awd programming will send more rear and side-to-side tq like the MDX, and 18 gallon fuel tank.
In the camo video the car looks very similar to an MDX. It has the new RDX front and rear, but the sides and hood look more MDX-like. Especially with the side mirrors. Maybe this car is a test mule and not a production version?

Originally Posted by Kaputnik
Acura indeed made some bizarre moves to the RDX beginning in 2013. The AWD system, losing HIDs and fog lights as standard. That they actually introduced halogens in the lower trims was mind-boggling, after all models had excellent HIDs for the previous 6 years.

But looks like they may have really listened to the buyers for 2019, as mentioned above. Excited to finally see if they have done enough to bring in those looking for the Acura driving experience again.
I assume they are trying to move the RDX upscale to make room for a CDX based CUV as a new entry level car. I don't know if this is going to be the case, but with so many dollars going to SUVs right now it makes sense to do.
mrgold35 (02-11-2018)
Old 02-11-2018, 06:52 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,508 Likes on 1,176 Posts
Originally Posted by gstyper
Chicago Auto Show.
Underneath, it looks like there is a true dual exhaust setup. Let’s hope they keep this.

I was worried about Acura eliminating the spare tire to save weight and cost. I figured they would do that with the 3rd Gen RDX since it has such a low tow rating anyways. Not a lot of heat shielding from the exhaust pipes and mufflers from heating up the spare? I can't see a spare lasting the usual 10 years under the RDX in southwest with 90-120 degree summer temps. There has been times the outside temps gauge inside the car showed +120 degrees from all the surrounding heat.

Last edited by mrgold35; 02-11-2018 at 06:56 AM.
Old 02-11-2018, 10:08 AM
Cruisin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I was worried about Acura eliminating the spare tire to save weight and cost. I figured they would do that with the 3rd Gen RDX since it has such a low tow rating anyways. Not a lot of heat shielding from the exhaust pipes and mufflers from heating up the spare? I can't see a spare lasting the usual 10 years under the RDX in southwest with 90-120 degree summer temps. There has been times the outside temps gauge inside the car showed +120 degrees from all the surrounding heat.

I think this just a concept vehicle and the production vehicle will have heat shields. I was hoping that the production vehicle will have a plastic cover like this picture from a Mini Cooper. That would be nice to have along with some aero fins for better air flow.

Attached Thumbnails 2019 Acura RDX will be the first Acura to have a full REDESIGN!!! Proto pics page 12-2db4e9e5-7adf-431a-9dbd-3087e5f43977.jpeg  
Old 02-11-2018, 12:25 PM
Suzuka Master

In the camo video the car looks very similar to an MDX. It has the new RDX front and rear, but the sides and hood look more MDX-like. Especially with the side mirrors. Maybe this car is a test mule and not a production version?

I assume they are trying to move the RDX upscale to make room for a CDX based CUV as a new entry level car. I don't know if this is going to be the case, but with so many dollars going to SUVs right now it makes sense to do.
The part I dislike the most about the current MDX is how slab sided it is. It looks like a darn minivan sometimes. So when the ptototype had nice lines I thought they fixed it. Let’s hope this camo model is hiding it’s lines (white usually does that) well because I’m tired of jelly bean crossovers.

I think they are moving the brand in general upscale but I am also hoping the RDX did not grow even more. The 1G was perfect sized, then 2G got bigger and this 3G becomes MDX sized? Also they really need to hurry and bring the CDX here, it will sell very well.

Originally Posted by gstyper

I think this just a concept vehicle and the production vehicle will have heat shields. I was hoping that the production vehicle will have a plastic cover like this picture from a Mini Cooper. That would be nice to have along with some aero fins for better air flow.

I hate when the spare tire is under the car, it ends up aging so much faster and it’s a pain to get to if it’s muddy or dirty outside. However in terms of that cover, you can easily buy one online.
Old 02-11-2018, 03:36 PM
mrgold35

Originally Posted by RDX10
I hate when the spare tire is under the car, it ends up aging so much faster and it’s a pain to get to if it’s muddy or dirty outside. However in terms of that cover, you can easily buy one online.
I purchased a cover from Amazon for about $20 for my MDX's external full size spare. The cover has held up pretty well in the three years since putting it on. The tire still gets a little dusty/dirty because the cover doesn't cover 100% where it contacts under the MDX; but, million times cleaner compared to before. I also keep a 6X8 folded tarp in the hatch for those bad weather days to drop the spare tire on or for a dry spot for me to work. Mostly use the tarp for Home Depot runs for springtime bags of soil, plants, and landscaping materials when I need to haul stuff in the MDX.
The following 2 users liked this post by mrgold35:
RDX10 (02-12-2018), TacoBello (02-11-2018)
Old 02-11-2018, 04:49 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RDX10

The part I dislike the most about the current MDX is how slab sided it is. It looks like a darn minivan sometimes. So when the ptototype had nice lines I thought they fixed it. Let’s hope this camo model is hiding it’s lines (white usually does that) well because I’m tired of jelly bean crossovers.

I think they are moving the brand in general upscale but I am also hoping the RDX did not grow even more. The 1G was perfect sized, then 2G got bigger and this 3G becomes MDX sized? Also they really need to hurry and bring the CDX here, it will sell very well.

Not to mention when the spare tire is low on air. It is a real hassle to top it off.

Last edited by McRCN; 02-11-2018 at 04:54 PM.
Old 02-11-2018, 06:00 PM
mrgold35

Originally Posted by McRCN
Not to mention when the spare tire is low on air. It is a real hassle to top it off.
I check my spare a few times a year and I set my full size spare psi to around 40 since it can drop 1-2 psi a month. I figure it would be easier to let out air when I need it compared to having the PSI too low (happened to me once and that was enough).
RDX10 (02-12-2018)
Old 02-12-2018, 01:01 PM
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
Just called my local Acura in Mississauga, Ontario (Canada). To my surprise, you could pre-order the vehicle now. The rep said they have heard from their GM that it will go on sale end of spring/beginning of summer. The pre-order is apparently $1000 down and it is refundable if you don't like the vehicle (you would work in your requirements into the contract she said). Example, if I was only willing to pay $2000 more than the current 2018 RDX price and it turns out to be more than that I would get my $1000 back. Or you can add that its subject to you test driving it and being satisfied. I would typically wait for details and the vehicle to official come out, but she noted that when the MDX released there was only a certain amount initially sent to dealers and some people had to wait a few until November on the wait list to get their vehicle. Anyone know if this is true? Unfortunately, got a kid on the way and need a vehicle by august at the latest.

I found it a bit hard to believe I can pre-order it not knowing the trim levels and spec level details. She said you would do it all grey area for now (ie, A spec and highest technology package) and finalize it when those details are released.
romer (02-12-2018)
Old 02-12-2018, 01:21 PM
Suzuka Master

I purchased a cover from Amazon for about $20 for my MDX's external full size spare. The cover has held up pretty well in the three years since putting it on. The tire still gets a little dusty/dirty because the cover doesn't cover 100% where it contacts under the MDX; but, million times cleaner compared to before. I also keep a 6X8 folded tarp in the hatch for those bad weather days to drop the spare tire on or for a dry spot for me to work. Mostly use the tarp for Home Depot runs for springtime bags of soil, plants, and landscaping materials when I need to haul stuff in the MDX.
Thanks for the great post, totally agreed. I didn’t keep my MDX long enough to invest in a cover but in the future with vehicles that have bottom mounted spares I will for sure. I like your idea on keeping the tarp in the car, my dad does that and uses it all the time for home depot runs...etc. I think I’ll start keeping one in my cars from now on as well even if the spare is not bottom mounted. I also always keep a collapsible umbrella in my car as well hand and foot warmers and $20-100 bucks hidden somewhere hard to find for emergencies. I just like being prepared.

Something else to keep in mind is to drop the spare a few times a year because in a lot of cases people don’t drop the spare and the result is it rusts and seizes. Really not a fun experience.

I usually keep my spare very full (like 40-45psi) and then I can always drop it if I need it.

I check my spare a few times a year and I set my full size spare psi to around 40 since it can drop 1-2 psi a month. I figure it would be easier to let out air when I need it compared to having the PSI too low (happened to me once and that was enough).
Exactly! Great advice and great post! As usual

Originally Posted by SK1124
Just called my local Acura in Mississauga, Ontario (Canada). To my surprise, you could pre-order the vehicle now. The rep said they have heard from their GM that it will go on sale end of spring/beginning of summer. The pre-order is apparently $1000 down and it is refundable if you don't like the vehicle (you would work in your requirements into the contract she said). Example, if I was only willing to pay $2000 more than the current 2018 RDX price and it turns out to be more than that I would get my $1000 back. Or you can add that its subject to you test driving it and being satisfied. I would typically wait for details and the vehicle to official come out, but she noted that when the MDX released there was only a certain amount initially sent to dealers and some people had to wait a few until November on the wait list to get their vehicle. Anyone know if this is true? Unfortunately, got a kid on the way and need a vehicle by august at the latest.

I found it a bit hard to believe I can pre-order it not knowing the trim levels and spec level details. She said you would do it all grey area for now (ie, A spec and highest technology package) and finalize it when those details are released.
It’s possible that you can pre-order. But I’m betting they just want to hold your money to make you feel bound to the car. As in they don’t have any pre-order list right now but when it comes in they will just put you in on what your asking for features wise...etc. As for availability, they are being pretty honest with that. With new models like this they typically will get a handful early on and then much larger volumes a few months down the line. Just don’t feel pressured to put down a deposit and I would be weary about giving the dealer a deposit that is not on solid terms.
Old 02-12-2018, 06:27 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Received 354 Likes on 325 Posts
I think it’s a common practice among dealerships to offer bookings on a car yet to be released. I’ve seen it with many other makes not just Acura.
Old 02-13-2018, 02:19 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any guesses on pricing?
Old 02-13-2018, 04:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 276 Likes on 180 Posts
Originally Posted by 206er
Any guesses on pricing?
Sure, but without knowing more it's just that ... a guess.

Key competitors base prices:

Q5 - $41,500
GLC - $40,050
X3 - $42,650
XC60 - $41,500
F-Pace $42,065
Discovery Sport - $37,795
Evoque - $41,800
Stelvio - $41,995
QX50 - $36,550
MKX - $39,035 (Nautilus ???)
XT5 - $40,595
RX - $43,270
NX - $35,985
2018 RDX - $36,000

The Macan is out there, too, but at $47,800 it's a stretch to call even the base model a competitor. Of course, you can build a Macan a-la-carte, so if you cherry pick the right options you can get into one for a reasonable price.

If it were my decision, I'd price it ~$39,000 to $39,500, then build in the appropriate level of standard content to meet the base profit target. I'll be surprised if they're courageous enough to start north of $40k, although it's possible if it's notably larger, significantly better-equipped, and/or they're serious about moving upmarket.
mrgold35 (02-13-2018)
Old 02-13-2018, 05:43 PM
mrgold35

The sweet spot for sales for Acura always seem to be the tech models w/ or w/o (sh)awd. Around $40,000 for fwd and $42,000 for sh-awd price for a 18 RDX tech seems to be in the ballpark. Acura will have to include a lot of tech, near top mpgs, and perform near the top in performance to win on value compared to other competitors with a stronger name.
HotRodW (02-13-2018)
Old 02-13-2018, 10:19 PM
Suzuka Master

Any guesses on pricing?
IMHO the current RDX is overpriced for what you get so I actually expect this new RDX to be just slightly more pricey than the current model. I don’t expect a drastic price hike. The Elite (Advance) model goes up to 50k in Canada! Can’t see it going up to 55+k
Old 02-14-2018, 09:04 AM
5th Gear

I agree on the price watch. Can't wait to see the numbers. Was watching the QX50 and was surprised at the spread for the model. Starts at 36K and can option all the way to 56K! The 2018 RDX starts at 36K and i think maxes out at 46K. I'm hoping for only a 2k bump but we'll see.
Old 02-14-2018, 12:56 PM
Intermediate

ballpark on lease estimates?
Old 02-14-2018, 02:19 PM
5th Gear

Way too soon to tell what they will come out with. My guess is $475-$550 for Advanced Trim (or equivalent). Really depends on incentives, which at the beginning will probably not be great (or even zero) on what promises to be a quick selling vehicle. Fingers crossed for good deals!
Old 02-14-2018, 03:30 PM
There are four lights!

Received 215 Likes on 124 Posts
If this thing sells like hotcakes here in Canada (and it has a very good chance it will), I'm not expecting much in terms of deals for the first year. Maybe when they need to make room for second year models.
Old 02-14-2018, 05:05 PM
Advanced

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts
I remember the 2016 RDX was sold out here in BC the first year after the MMC and you had to wait for the 2017 if you wanted one
Old 02-15-2018, 10:29 AM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts
These questions always baffle me. The RDX isn't even on the ground yet and no pricing has been released. How could we possibly know(or even estimate) what lease rates will be????
Old 02-15-2018, 11:36 AM
Team Owner

Ballpark lease rates: $100-1000/month. Somewhere in that range.
Old 02-16-2018, 04:51 PM
Intermediate

will the new RDX be at any of the upcoming auto shows? I noticed that an auto show in Toronto starts today... really looking for someone who's seen it to even approximate the size (i.e. as big or bigger than the current CR-V?).
Old 02-16-2018, 06:18 PM
There are four lights!

Received 215 Likes on 124 Posts
will the new RDX be at any of the upcoming auto shows? I noticed that an auto show in Toronto starts today... really looking for someone who's seen it to even approximate the size (i.e. as big or bigger than the current CR-V?).
I'm curious as well. Anyone care to grab a measuring tape, and measure the overall length? I'm interested to know whether Acura will move the RDX upscale and make it a midsizer (around the 190" length, give or take) to make room for the CDX. That said, the CDX (at 175") is quite a bit shorter than even the current RDX, so if the new RDX grows in size, there will be quite a disparity between 3G RDX and 1G CDX.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:03 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Acura has confirmed that the Prototype will be at the Toronto show and quite likely at Vancouver’s in late March. I’m curious about size too...but I really don’t want it to grow!
Old 02-17-2018, 02:01 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
I keep a ViAir compressor in the trunk. That thing has come in handy many more times than I ever expected. If you ever need to use a spare you can just top it up right then. Tip though... get the kit that lets you connect the compressor right to the battery rather than the Aux outlet in the car. You will blow a lot of fuses that way, and if you are on the side of the road, you may not have a new fuse handy.
Old 02-17-2018, 06:37 AM
mrgold35

I keep a ViAir compressor in the trunk. That thing has come in handy many more times than I ever expected. If you ever need to use a spare you can just top it up right then. Tip though... get the kit that lets you connect the compressor right to the battery rather than the Aux outlet in the car. You will blow a lot of fuses that way, and if you are on the side of the road, you may not have a new fuse handy.
I have the portable Viair 90P compressor I use for my cars and eMTB. Compact size, easy to use, tough as hell, connects to battery for plenty of power, and it fills a tire fast. The PSI gauge is off and I use another gauge to double-check the proper PSI. A must have if you want to set your tires at the proper PSI at home with cool tires. Driving to the tires shop or gas station will heat up the tires and the sun side is always a few PSI higher than the shade side sometimes.

Viair 90P, Amazon, $72:
https://www.amazon.com/VIAIR-93-90P-Portable-Compressor/dp/B001MXL71A/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1518870231&sr=1-1&keywords=viair+90p https://www.amazon.com/VIAIR-93-90P-Portable-Compressor/dp/B001MXL71A/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1518870231&sr=1-1&keywords=viair+90p
Old 02-17-2018, 01:34 PM
Suzuka Master

I have the portable Viair 90P compressor I use for my cars and eMTB. Compact size, easy to use, tough as hell, connects to battery for plenty of power, and it fills a tire fast. The PSI gauge is off and I use another gauge to double-check the proper PSI. A must have if you want to set your tires at the proper PSI at home with cool tires. Driving to the tires shop or gas station will heat up the tires and the sun side is always a few PSI higher than the shade side sometimes.

Viair 90P, Amazon, $72: https://www.amazon.com/VIAIR-93-90P-...ords=viair+90p
My 2004 VW Touareg had air suspension and a really cool bonus was they built in a little valve under the front passenger seat and supplied a air hose that connects to the valve allowing you to pump things up using the air suspension compressor. So it was like always carrying around an air compressor without taking up any extra space. By far one of my favorite “party tricks”. Otherwise the Touaregs that did not come with air suspension came with an actual air compressor the size of a box of cookies that had a spot under the load floor. This was really a necessity because the spare was a inflatable one. But it was cool to see they didn’t leave you with a can of fix-o-flat.
Old 02-21-2018, 03:34 PM
Intermediate

So... no updates on if the RDX will be at (or is at) the Canadian auto show? Really anxious to know someone's firsthand impression of the vehicle's size (L x W)
Old 02-21-2018, 04:00 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
So... no updates on if the RDX will be at (or is at) the Canadian auto show? Really anxious to know someone's firsthand impression of the vehicle's size (L x W)
It's definitely in Toronto right now. Saw a write-up about it, but nothing new.
I'm hoping they will show it at Vancouver's car show at the end of March because I'm on the West Coast and plan to go.
Old 02-21-2018, 04:19 PM
MSZ
Lola

Received 257 Likes on 150 Posts
I was at the show last weekend but I didn't measure it up. I think it doesn't look any bigger than the current CRV. The huge wheels on the prototype give people wrong ideas that this is a huge SUV which it isnt.

This is the only pic I took.
The following 2 users liked this post by MSZ:
mrgold35 (02-21-2018), Tony Pac (02-21-2018)
Old 02-21-2018, 05:25 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by MSZ
I was at the show last weekend but I didn't measure it up. I think it doesn't look any bigger than the current CRV. The huge wheels on the prototype give people wrong ideas that this is a huge SUV which it isnt.

This is the only pic I took.
In your opinion were the proportions as good as they look in the pictures? I can’t wait to go to the auto show in April and see it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2019 Acura RDX will be the first Acura to have a full REDESIGN!!! Proto pics page 12