2019 Acura RDX will be the first Acura to have a full REDESIGN!!! Proto pics page 12

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2018, 12:24 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 870 Likes on 666 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBello
The thick powder snow was brutal with the TL at first. I was able to make due once moving but getting going took some effort. I am on Michelin winters also. But... once it was packed down a bit... like by day 3 it was all good. I bomb around for the most part like normal now, just a bit more careful when approaching turns or intersections.
Day 1 was absolutely terrible and I was thanking god every minute that I had an SUV with high ground clearance so I honestly can’t say I felt the snow. But of course I had to be cognizant of taking corners too fast and of keeping a large gap. I miss SH-AWD so much. It turns the city with weather like this into a massive play ground!
Originally Posted by HotRodW
German cars are refined in a way that’s difficult to put into words, but they’re not perfect. We’ve owned nothing but German cars for the better part of a decade — 2 VW’s, a BMW, an Audi and a Benz. Some have been stellar, and some have disappointed. Lexus is close in terms of overall refinement, but the styling is anything but elegant. And isn’t elegance part of what a luxury brand is about? If they can keep their styling grounded, Genesis will be the next brand to pose a serious challenge to the Germans. That’s if the Germans don’t self-destruct first. This could leave a mark. Disturbing.German Carmakers Denounce Use of Monkeys in Diesel Exhaust Study
I agree on the refinement point completely. The way they drive just has certain elements that honestly I have not felt in much vehicles except for my old 2012 Sorento SX (Honestly felt extremely and surprisingly German in nature) and a 2017 Hyundai genesis(genesis G80). There is this extremely overdampned feel but it doesn’t lead to numbness. It’s just this very connected feeling without getting the bad parts of a tight suspension. My 1G RDX was very very close but it just slightly lacked something. In terms of that link, you would think in 2018 humanity would have moved past such disgusting acts in first world “developed” countries but sadly looks to not be the case.I agree Genesis is next in line to pose a threat. However Genesis needs to do something about their weight. Hyundai owns a steel company and therefore they use a lot of it in their cars. The result is their cars weigh A LOT! I definitely felt it when driving the Genesis. But between peter shryer, albert bierman, and that guy who tunes lotus...they have ALL the right guys.
Originally Posted by HotRodW
I’m not suggesting they’re going under as a result, but you’re mistaken if you don’t think there’ll be an impact. Clearly they understand the potential fallout as they’re already on the defensive. We’ll see if it comes up on the morning news shows tomorrow. And for the record, I’m not sure they do engineer the best cars. My BMW was a complete disaster. Worst ownership experience of my life.
There absolutely will be an impact. This test was unnecessary and the fact they let these monkeys watch cartoons as they pumped toxic gas into the room is honestly sinister in a way I can’t quite explain. They engineer the best driving cars but not the best engineered cars. I will NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER touch a BMW in my life again. The most garbage I have ever seen in my entire life. Never again. Ever. But VAG products are my poison.....Porsche cayenne turbo S is absolutely in my future if everything goes right, that new A8 is stunning, I could go on.
Old 01-29-2018, 09:33 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by russianDude
Well said, “value with reasonable price”, that is what acura should be. If it ends up in the same price range as similarly equipped bmw, it will not be good for acura sales.
Somehow my 2008 RDX did not have any options, and SH-AWD was standard and I paid for it $31k. That was a good value to me back in the day. I get that we have inflation, but to pay $45k for RDX is too much.
???
My 2017 Advance AWD with a few basic options like trailer pkg, wood trim (not wheel or gear shift), mats, side moldings, wheel locks, and mud guards listed out at over $46K.

I didn't pay that, but still....
Old 01-29-2018, 09:40 AM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,158 Likes on 1,386 Posts
Well said, “value with reasonable price”, that is what acura should be. If it ends up in the same price range as similarly equipped bmw, it will not be good for acura sales.
Somehow my 2008 RDX did not have any options, and SH-AWD was standard and I paid for it $31k. That was a good value to me back in the day. I get that we have inflation, but to pay $45k for RDX is too much.
This is a big mistake. The reality is, if Acura doesn't attempt to compete with the big boys, they will be an also-ran.
Old 01-29-2018, 10:02 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 694 Likes on 536 Posts
Originally Posted by kurtatx
This is a big mistake. The reality is, if Acura doesn't attempt to compete with the big boys, they will be an also-ran.
They can try, but nothing good will come out of it. Its been tried before.
Old 01-29-2018, 10:22 AM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,158 Likes on 1,386 Posts
They can try, but nothing good will come out of it. Its been tried before.
They can try what? To compete with the Germans? They need to try to compete with the Germans
Old 01-29-2018, 11:51 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 694 Likes on 536 Posts
Originally Posted by kurtatx
They can try what? To compete with the Germans? They need to try to compete with the Germans
They already compete by offering more value at lower price. Lets wait for it to come out, maybe sh-awd and adaptive dumpers will go together than its not that bad
Old 01-29-2018, 11:56 PM
Cruisin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Good news for this Honda Turbo engine. Hondata has their Flash Pro set up to two different preset tunings for the Honda Accord 2.0 turbo. I think that it's safe to say that the RDX Turbo will be in high demand in regards to upgrading the engine.

Old 01-30-2018, 12:39 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by gstyper
Good news for this Honda Turbo engine. Hondata has their Flash Pro set up to two different preset tunings for the Honda Accord 2.0 turbo. I think that it's safe to say that the RDX Turbo will be in high demand in regards to upgrading the engine.

https://youtu.be/AyDhJtapFXQ
At first I was like WOW A WHOPPING 10-20hp (rolled my eyes very hard) but then seen that 40-80lb/ft and I LOVE IT. RDX with 400lb/ft and SH-AWD? Lord it should hit 60 in like 5 seconds flat!!
Old 01-30-2018, 07:52 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,508 Likes on 1,176 Posts
Think about what that means for future TLXs or MDXs with the single or twin turbo 3.0L engines! I've had my Hondata on my 08 RDX since 2010 with zero issues with it with +115,000 miles with the mod (I have +146,000 miles now). I only did it in 2010 because Hondata dropped the reflash price from around $700 (I think) down to $300 and kept it there since. A side effect of the reflash was a slight increase in mpgs in normal driving. I figured the reflash paid for itself in fuel savings a long time ago. I figure the prices would be $300 for stage 1 and $500-$600 for stage 2. We will need to follow the Honda 2.0T and Civic Type-R folks to see what other mods they are making to eek out additional hp/tq.

Last edited by mrgold35; 01-30-2018 at 07:54 AM.
Old 01-30-2018, 08:36 AM
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gstyper

https://youtu.be/AyDhJtapFXQ

Didn't we hear/see that the 10-speed couldn't handle more than 275(?) on the torque? Seems to be the limiting factor....
Old 01-30-2018, 09:40 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,915 Likes on 14,457 Posts
Jesus...that's impressive...120 ft/lb more than the 3.5L
Old 01-30-2018, 02:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Fletchacu
Didn't we hear/see that the 10-speed couldn't handle more than 275(?) on the torque? Seems to be the limiting factor....
See and this is what I am not understanding. Honda says it can only handle 275 pound feet and these tunes are pushing 380 pound feet. That’s WAY overkill and we know Honda does not have the best luck with transmissions so I would wait for long term results.
Old 01-30-2018, 07:00 PM
Null and proud of it

Received 898 Likes on 788 Posts
Honestly, I could talk about the 1gen RDX all day... I've gotten to appricate it so in much the past few months... The turbo is so much better than the stupid 3.2 TL, which I have just gotten to resent al of lately... I could post a whole rant on that but I won't...

Anyway, I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Honda engines are boring without boost!!! I don't miss the V6 at all...
Old 02-01-2018, 01:55 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery
Honestly, I could talk about the 1gen RDX all day... I've gotten to appricate it so in much the past few months... The turbo is so much better than the stupid 3.2 TL, which I have just gotten to resent al of lately... I could post a whole rant on that but I won't...

Anyway, I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Honda engines are boring without boost!!! I don't miss the V6 at all...
I’m currently on the hunt for a 1G RDX again, I need something I will enjoy driving for the next few years that won’t require constant expensive maintenance and isn’t ancient. Honda V6’s have zero low end torque until vtec kicks in and it makes the vehicles feel even heavier. I miss the turbo kick and SH-AWD so I can’t wait to get back into an RDX again!

Did you already sell the TL?
Old 02-01-2018, 08:05 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,915 Likes on 14,457 Posts
i disagree...
my 3.2 and 3.5 were decently torquey.
the turbo moves the torque lower in the curve but that doesn't mean the na doesn't have any.
Old 02-01-2018, 09:12 AM
mrgold35

I think it was the combo of V-6 peak TQ in the upper rev band and the 5ATs gearing not able to take advantage of it at lower revs. The extra low end TQ from the 1st gen RDX Turbo helps; but, the 5AT really hurt performance sometimes because of limited gear range. Hopefully, the 2.0L turbo+10AT+sh-awd will keep the maximum power when needed at any speed. Really want to see how fast and smooth the 10AT will downshift and how quickly the turbo will spool for WOT for 0-60 and hwy passing speeds.

Last edited by mrgold35; 02-01-2018 at 09:20 AM.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:11 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
Originally Posted by RDX10

See and this is what I am not understanding. Honda says it can only handle 275 pound feet and these tunes are pushing 380 pound feet. That’s WAY overkill and we know Honda does not have the best luck with transmissions so I would wait for long term results.

Just because the car could handle 380lbft on the dyno, does not mean that will translate to the real world in the same fashion.

for example, you can turbo your car and have an absolute shit tune on it and drive it for 40 miles without issue. But that doesn't mean it wont shit the bed by 100 miles.

This could be the same. Sure it handled it ok in the shop. But will it last until it's first oil change when being bagged on? Who knows. I think it will come down to those who are willing to be pioneers and push their cars to the limits. Seeing as the car is turbo'd in stock form, I'm betting there will be plenty of guys who will ultimately mod with Hondata and see what happens. Hell, even if it's only 100 people. It'll still give a good indication.

also- can we trust Honda with what they suggested about torque being limited to 275lbft for the 10at? To me, that seems like their actual real world results would be getting way too close to that number. If not past it already.

Last edited by TacoBello; 02-01-2018 at 10:19 AM.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:15 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by mrgold35
I think it was the combo of V-6 peak TQ in the upper rev band and the 5ATs gearing not able to take advantage of it at lower revs. The extra low end TQ from the 1st gen RDX Turbo helps; but, the 5AT really hurt performance sometimes because of limited gear range. Hopefully, the 2.0L turbo+10AT+sh-awd will keep the maximum power when needed at any speed. Really want to see how fast and smooth the 10AT will downshift and how quickly the turbo will spool for WOT for 0-60 and hwy passing speeds.
You'll be rather surprised how fast that 2.0T can get you to 90mph. I've only played around with it in a 6mt accord sport, but it was very reminiscent of my sonata 2.0t. It doesn't necessarily feel fast with all the nvh reductions and what not... But when you look at your speedometer, you'll be like "oh. Shit. I should definitely slow down"

Highway passing power, at least in my sonata 2.0t was ridiculous. Just hammer the throttle and the car would fly with such ease. The 6mt accord felt similar on the highway. But.... That 10at will make it even quicker.
The following users liked this post:
mrgold35 (02-01-2018)
Old 02-01-2018, 04:13 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by rockstar143
i disagree...
the turbo moves the torque lower in the curve but that doesn't mean the na doesn't have any.
Keep in mind I had the MDX and drove a 2004 pilot many many times. So the added weight and SH-AWD/AWD really sapped whatever torque there was present. I felt that there was just ok power and then as the vtec kicked on it would really wake up. Also keeping in mind the 5AT in the MDX/Pilot were somewhat sloppy (i.e not the quickest) so that hurt it too.

Originally Posted by mrgold35
I think this is it. It is the transmissions that really killed the engine power. I also hope that new 10 AT will help in that department and that we won’t end up with a super gear hunty transmission. I imagine that in sport mode the top 2-3 gears would be locked out and that would help with performance even more.

Originally Posted by TacoBello
Just because the car could handle 380lbft on the dyno, does not mean that will translate to the real world in the same fashion.

for example, you can turbo your car and have an absolute shit tune on it and drive it for 40 miles without issue. But that doesn't mean it wont shit the bed by 100 miles.

This could be the same. Sure it handled it ok in the shop. But will it last until it's first oil change when being bagged on? Who knows. I think it will come down to those who are willing to be pioneers and push their cars to the limits. Seeing as the car is turbo'd in stock form, I'm betting there will be plenty of guys who will ultimately mod with Hondata and see what happens. Hell, even if it's only 100 people. It'll still give a good indication.

also- can we trust Honda with what they suggested about torque being limited to 275lbft for the 10at? To me, that seems like their actual real world results would be getting way too close to that number. If not past it already.
Very good point and this is what I was thinking about too. Curiously Hondata is currently only offering their stage 1 tune for the accord and not the stage 2 tune. I also agree that I find it odd that Honda would rate the transmission at 275 pound feet when the engines really are not that far off. Hell the RLX has 272 pound feet iirc and most manufacturers will put in a transmission that can handle 100 pound feet+ more torque just to be safe. The last thing Honda needs is another transmission fiasco. The’ve already suffered twice.

Somthing else I was thinking about is there is a accord 6MT right, I would think that could handle more torque than the AT and it could always be upgraded with stronger clutches...etc to handle the torque upgrades. One other thing is, is it possible we’re misunderstanding what Honda was saying about that 275 pound feet limit? Is it possible that they were saying they won’t put it in anything rated at more than 275 pound feet meaning the actual limit is much higher? I’d imagine it’s going to find it’s way into the pilot and MDX soon and those two both tow 5000 pounds, there is no way they could handle towing 5000 pounds when the transmission would already be at it’s torque limits right?
Old 02-01-2018, 04:26 PM
Team Owner

Keep in mind I had the MDX and drove a 2004 pilot many many times. So the added weight and SH-AWD/AWD really sapped whatever torque there was present. I felt that there was just ok power and then as the vtec kicked on it would really wake up. Also keeping in mind the 5AT in the MDX/Pilot were somewhat sloppy (i.e not the quickest) so that hurt it too.

I think this is it. It is the transmissions that really killed the engine power. I also hope that new 10 AT will help in that department and that we won’t end up with a super gear hunty transmission. I imagine that in sport mode the top 2-3 gears would be locked out and that would help with performance even more.

Very good point and this is what I was thinking about too. Curiously Hondata is currently only offering their stage 1 tune for the accord and not the stage 2 tune. I also agree that I find it odd that Honda would rate the transmission at 275 pound feet when the engines really are not that far off. Hell the RLX has 272 pound feet iirc and most manufacturers will put in a transmission that can handle 100 pound feet+ more torque just to be safe. The last thing Honda needs is another transmission fiasco. The’ve already suffered twice.

Somthing else I was thinking about is there is a accord 6MT right, I would think that could handle more torque than the AT and it could always be upgraded with stronger clutches...etc to handle the torque upgrades. One other thing is, is it possible we’re misunderstanding what Honda was saying about that 275 pound feet limit? Is it possible that they were saying they won’t put it in anything rated at more than 275 pound feet meaning the actual limit is much higher? I’d imagine it’s going to find it’s way into the pilot and MDX soon and those two both tow 5000 pounds, there is no way they could handle towing 5000 pounds when the transmission would already be at it’s torque limits right?
I have zero to base this on, but I get the feeling that is the case. And that would make sense. It sounds like the 10at will only ever be mated to the 2.0T, and I can see them limiting its power to about 275lbft. The new Accord is a bit down on HP, but is rated at 273lbft, at the crank. It seems to be putting that kind of power down at the wheels, so it has to be more at the crank.

However, you can't count the current RLX in that category though. It uses an entirely different transmission, does it not?
Old 02-01-2018, 04:31 PM
Team Owner

I also get the feeling at least the next gen MDX will come standard with the 3.0T, so it won't have to worry about the 10AT that appears to be designed for the 2.0T. The question is, what will it be paired to?

And as for the sport model of the MDX, I assume it will be the 3.0T paired with SH tech.

Acura has stated the 3.0T is exclusive to them- and it might be- for now. They never said a word about future Honda gens using it though. I could see it being used in the Pilot and Ridgeline. I too wouldn't even consider either of those if paired to a 2.0T. Especially if towing 5000lbs. That is a lot of mass to be hauling around by a tiny engine. I guess time will ultimately tell.

I'm generally the one who doesn't fear using a turbo engine in such an application, but even I have to draw the line somewhere. And if I'm hesitant about it, I can bet there are many more people who would flat out say no to the Pilot or Ridgeline if it came with a 2.0T. It could put an end to either.

Last edited by TacoBello; 02-01-2018 at 04:34 PM.
Old 02-01-2018, 07:45 PM
Null and proud of it

I’m currently on the hunt for a 1G RDX again, I need something I will enjoy driving for the next few years that won’t require constant expensive maintenance and isn’t ancient. Honda V6’s have zero low end torque until vtec kicks in and it makes the vehicles feel even heavier. I miss the turbo kick and SH-AWD so I can’t wait to get back into an RDX again!

Did you already sell the TL?
I discovered that I can adjust the colors on the nav and radio screen!!! Red is cool!!!

I really want a Sorento... Honestly, I don't care if it's an EX, or even LX, if it's a V6, bit I've been looking around at other things too.... Santa Fe Limited, sceptical on suspension tuning, Lexus RX, Toyota Highlander, maybe even a 4Runner, heck, I almost want an old Lexus ES, but I need an SUV, TL kills me to see out of, suspension is too soft^^^ Why am I looking at these cars then??? Lol!!!

Also, wouldn't mind having another RDX, yeah two...

One thats cleaner, nicer colors, and not shared between two people... Also, TL interior is small for being a big car, hard to park, so on, I'm storing some stuff in there too and drowning in it... Haven't gotten RDX rattling checked out, snow closed dealer two weeks ago, now having medical issues with a family member, this weeks been something...

Either way, loving the RDX despite everything, hate driving the TL, so I almost never do if I have the choice!!!

Havent sold TL yet, if I get some cash, gonna trade it!!! Someday...
Old 02-02-2018, 02:30 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last night I saw a 2019 RDX in camo paint driving on the 101 freeway in Studio City, CA. The proportions really looked stunning. It was late, so the headlights were in plain view - very bold. Drove next to it for about 30 seconds to listen for exhaust sound, unfortunately couldn't make out much. Showed some nice acceleration, though. No, I didn't get pics - I was driving
Old 02-02-2018, 03:51 PM
Null and proud of it

Originally Posted by rockstar143
i disagree...

You had 6 speeds right? I mean, TL isn't bad, it's just that it has not much torque at like 2-3k rpm... It's fine up to 10 mph, lag from there to 20-25, then it's gone, vroom!!!

I usually like to punch it fast from 10-40 in the RDX, 1st gear, not exceeding 3-4K rpm...

But it I get that the TL isn't bad, float and body roll also all to the heavy feeling of the car... Brakes are very touchy compared to RDX, but provide more control...

My 2.4 Camry did have more low end torque, but none at 4K up...

Thanks for the thoughts, I want to say the 3.5 would be better...
Old 02-02-2018, 03:54 PM
Null and proud of it

Originally Posted by cairish77
Last night I saw a 2019 RDX in camo paint driving on the 101 freeway in Studio City, CA. The proportions really looked stunning. It was late, so the headlights were in plain view - very bold. Drove next to it for about 30 seconds to listen for exhaust sound, unfortunately couldn't make out much. Showed some nice acceleration, though. No, I didn't get pics - I was driving
Lucky!!!
Old 02-02-2018, 04:05 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by cairish77
Good on you! The fact that it's still out there in camo paint suggests they may still be tweaking it.
Old 02-02-2018, 05:23 PM
Null and proud of it

That's what I was thinking!!!
Old 02-05-2018, 08:22 AM
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
There are 2 auto shows in February. Baltimore (Feb 8 - Feb 11) and Dallas (Feb 14 - Feb 18). Anyone have any idea if we can expect any further information on the car at these shows? The suspense is killer...check these forums and google everyday. Can't wait to get my hands on this vehicle if it indeed lives up to the prototype.
Old 02-09-2018, 03:39 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any word on when we might see pricing? I just ditched an early morning day 1 Tesla Model 3 reservation in favor of this car, and am looking forward to learning more! Really wanted to go ev with Tesla, but their penchant for continuous delays, me not being able to afford a new Model S or X, and the design of the 2019 RDX had me over here in a flash!
Old 02-09-2018, 05:34 PM
Suzuka Master

So the prototype RDX is the production model basically

So I was watching Salomondrin (car youtuber) and at about 3:30 in this video they drive by the acura RDX on the road all covered in Camo. It looks exactly like the protoype except with normal mirrors and looks like evrything else is the same!!

The following 2 users liked this post by RDX10:
PanAnna (02-09-2018), ZipSpeed (02-09-2018)
Old 02-09-2018, 06:43 PM
There are four lights!

Received 215 Likes on 124 Posts
So I was watching Salomondrin (car youtuber) and at about 3:30 in this video they drive by the acura RDX on the road all covered in Camo. It looks exactly like the protoype except with normal mirrors and looks like evrything else is the same!!

It's great that Acura is giving us something that won't be watered down. Perhaps they are finally realizing that if you want to sell something, listen to your damn customers!
Old 02-09-2018, 08:16 PM
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
Some info on the 'Exclusive Platform'

'Acura set targets of “significant improvement in body rigidity” and “top performance” on safety.'

Body highlights of 2019 RDX include ?continuous? mated door ring; vehicle is first for Acura-exclusive platform | Repairer Driven News
Old 02-10-2018, 12:41 AM
MTD
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 59 Posts
Canadian International AutoShow is this month and Id expect Acura to be there.
sjslucky (02-11-2018)
Old 02-10-2018, 12:48 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by ZipSpeed
It's great that Acura is giving us something that won't be watered down. Perhaps they are finally realizing that if you want to sell something, listen to your damn customers!
Well I mean in fairness the 2013+ RDX was selling 50K+ units annually in the U.S year after year. They really did not have to change anything. They could have kept the ancient V6, 6 speed auto, garbage AWD system and pretty much mildly updated the looks and it still would have sold well. I do agree though that it is awesome they never watered down the looks from the prototype. The fact they returned SH-AWD alone tells me that they are taking it very seriously. Real wood and aluminum, 16 way seats, adaptive suspension, 16 speaker 700+ watt sound system, 12.3” nav screen, even looking at the stitching down the center console. These are all things that go above and beyond what Acura has ever done in the past, this really shows they want to compete with the big guns. What remains to be seen is price...they could put a foot in their mouth and try aggressively moving upmarket and fail.
Old 02-10-2018, 01:56 AM
Carbon Bronze Pearl 2008

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Well I mean in fairness the 2013+ RDX was selling 50K+ units annually in the U.S year after year. They really did not have to change anything. They could have kept the ancient V6, 6 speed auto, garbage AWD system and pretty much mildly updated the looks and it still would have sold well. I do agree though that it is awesome they never watered down the looks from the prototype. The fact they returned SH-AWD alone tells me that they are taking it very seriously. Real wood and aluminum, 16 way seats, adaptive suspension, 16 speaker 700+ watt sound system, 12.3” nav screen, even looking at the stitching down the center console. These are all things that go above and beyond what Acura has ever done in the past, this really shows they want to compete with the big guns. What remains to be seen is price...they could put a foot in their mouth and try aggressively moving upmarket and fail.
I take a little offense when you say “garbage AWD system”. Granted, I know it’s not SH-AWD but I have a 2016 AWD and they improved it quite a bit from the 2013-2015 models. It’s not bad. I have run it through the snow many times now in the almost two years I’ve had the RDX and it’s really not bad in the snow. It’s actually pretty good.
romer (02-10-2018)
Old 02-10-2018, 02:17 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdjHwmpK39Y
It's kind of hard to tell that much with the camo, but when you look at the side of the car it looks like the sheet metal is more slab-sided than the prototype. The deep stampings that go into the rear doors are gone. And on the hood, those sharp edges / ridges are also gone or very toned down. Those were nice character lines. The normal side mirror don't look quite so nice as the prototype. Can't see the wheels or the wheel gap so it is hard to say anything about that. I can see the rear lights look about the same. The headlights are a little harder to make out. The front looks pretty much the same, but not clear if the 'swoop' back along the side of the car as much. Too much camo.
Old 02-10-2018, 06:18 AM
mrgold35

It is really hard to tell from the video; but, the 3rd Gen RDX looks almost just a touch smaller in overall dimensions to the current MDX? I can't wait for spec sheet to come out to see how it compares to the current MDX/RDX in size and capabilities. I hoping towing will be in the 1500-2500lbs range, option for donut or full size spare (because of towing), sh-awd programming will send more rear and side-to-side tq like the MDX, and 18 gallon fuel tank.
Old 02-10-2018, 10:28 AM
Cruisin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 1stRDX?
'Acura set targets of “significant improvement in body rigidity” and “top performance” on safety.'

Body highlights of 2019 RDX include ?continuous? mated door ring; vehicle is first for Acura-exclusive platform Repairer Driven News

I saw that last night as well. It’s very exciting news about the frame of the new RDX. Can’t wait to see the real thing in person.
Old 02-10-2018, 10:48 AM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by MTD
Canadian International AutoShow is this month and Id expect Acura to be there.
Acura has confirmed that the RDX Prototype will be there Feb 16-25.
Old 02-10-2018, 11:08 AM
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbon2008RDX
I take a little offense when you say “garbage AWD system”. Granted, I know it’s not SH-AWD but I have a 2016 AWD and they improved it quite a bit from the 2013-2015 models. It’s not bad. I have run it through the snow many times now in the almost two years I’ve had the RDX and it’s really not bad in the snow. It’s actually pretty good.
Acura indeed made some bizarre moves to the RDX beginning in 2013. The AWD system, losing HIDs and fog lights as standard. That they actually introduced halogens in the lower trims was mind-boggling, after all models had excellent HIDs for the previous 6 years.

But looks like they may have really listened to the buyers for 2019, as mentioned above. Excited to finally see if they have done enough to bring in those looking for the Acura driving experience again.
RDX10 (02-12-2018)

Quick Reply: 2019 Acura RDX will be the first Acura to have a full REDESIGN!!! Proto pics page 12