2019 Acura RDX specs - What is the coolest feature on your 2019 Acura RDX?

Old 01-28-2019, 09:53 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by R J Poseidon 6
It's actually super annoying sometimes scrolling down and find yourself in another thread...
So true. I don't know why it always does that now
Old 01-28-2019, 10:15 AM
Skeptic

Received 427 Likes on 283 Posts
You should be able to edit or delete your own posts, at least for a period of time. Being able to go back and fix dumb typos would make me seem smarter.
Old 01-28-2019, 10:20 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 389 Likes on 294 Posts
Originally Posted by R J Poseidon 6
It's actually super annoying sometimes scrolling down and find yourself in another thread...
It's happened to be me many times and it's annoying and sometimes embarrassing because I post a reply to the thread I thought I was watching which makes no sense at all in the place I was actually watching.

How did I end up there? It happens because of the auto scroll feature.

It is possible to disable auto scrolling so it never happens. That's how I have set mine up now.

Your User Name (top right of page) ->
User CP ->
Settings & Option (scroll and find in left bar) ->
Edit Options ->
Thread Display Options (scroll and find towards bottom) ->
Infinite Scroll ->
Disable Infinite Scroll

(Auto scroll is perhaps one of the worst features websites use. It also prevents one from using the "search on page" tool in browsers which I use a lot.)

Last edited by anoop; 01-28-2019 at 10:30 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by anoop:
Alias1431 (05-29-2019), R J Poseidon 6 (01-28-2019), RDX10 (05-01-2019)
Old 01-28-2019, 10:35 AM
~HondaF1~

Received 107 Likes on 86 Posts
I'll have to do that. Gracias.
Old 01-28-2019, 11:08 AM
~HondaF1~

Received 107 Likes on 86 Posts
Let me try to fix this by getting back on topic (sorta...) :

I absolutely love the new RDX, it's finally back to being awesome!
One of the things I like are the wheels that I put on my ride...

They are 2019 RDX Tech (as you know) beauties with Michelin Touring HPs.
I love it... Thoughts?

Those sick grey wheels on the Touring model or something? I think they are 20s. Not sure but those are siiiick.
Old 02-07-2019, 07:12 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SK1124
1) HUD for sure. Hard to drive without one now that I've been spoiled!
2) Surprisingly although its been getting a ton of criticism on the forum, I'm a huge fan of the 360 camera. It is AMAZINGLY useful and makes the wife much more comfortable driving the vehicle. The quality is definitely satisfactory for its purpose (seeing curbs, surroundings when parking in tight spots, etc.).
3) ELS 3D sound system - sounds great!!
4) handsfree tailgate (i thought it was more of a gimmick feature but never realized how useful it is when carrying things in and out of the trunk!
5) storage in rear - super useful!
6) overall spaciousness of the vehicle

Has anyone figured out a button on the steering wheel to read a text message using CarPlay when the message notification pops up? I know you can ask Siri to read it but it would be faster to open the notification. If I touch the upper right corner of the touchpad while the notification is on the screen. Siri will start reading the message. But if you don’t push exactly the right spot it doesn’t work. I was hoping I could just hit a button mounted on the steering wheel.
Old 04-30-2019, 10:19 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 645 Likes on 347 Posts
Hey is the OP dead from an accident yet? Anyone dead that can post about their touchpad experience and how they died because of touchpad usage? Have you yet ensured your safety that is valued at $7000? Go get a Mitsubishi. Nothing special or deathly about those
Old 04-30-2019, 01:24 PM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by briankklein

Has anyone figured out a button on the steering wheel to read a text message using CarPlay when the message notification pops up? I know you can ask Siri to read it but it would be faster to open the notification. If I touch the upper right corner of the touchpad while the notification is on the screen. Siri will start reading the message. But if you don’t push exactly the right spot it doesn’t work. I was hoping I could just hit a button mounted on the steering wheel.
I just hit the pad anywhere when a text message comes in. It asks if I want to hear it and I tell it yes. DO I want to respond? Yes, and then I speak. Do you want to send? I say "yes". One button click anywhere on the big pad and I am done.
Old 05-01-2019, 01:56 AM
Racer

Received 153 Likes on 97 Posts
Where did you get this? I have heard of it. Of course, since we have no DVD drive in the new RDX we would have to transfer it to a thumb drive, right?
Old 05-01-2019, 02:47 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 869 Likes on 665 Posts
Originally Posted by anoop
It's happened to be me many times and it's annoying and sometimes embarrassing because I post a reply to the thread I thought I was watching which makes no sense at all in the place I was actually watching.

It is possible to disable auto scrolling so it never happens. That's how I have set mine up now.

User CP ->
Edit Options ->
Infinite Scroll ->
Disable Infinite Scroll

(Auto scroll is perhaps one of the worst features websites use. It also prevents one from using the "search on page" tool in browsers which I use a lot.)
Hey thank you so much for this! I have been on these forums for almost 5 years now and never knew I could turn off that incredibly obnoxious infinite scroll feature. Has been driving me nuts for half a decade!
Old 05-01-2019, 06:56 AM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by wargor
I just hit the pad anywhere when a text message comes in. It asks if I want to hear it and I tell it yes. DO I want to respond? Yes, and then I speak. Do you want to send? I say "yes". One button click anywhere on the big pad and I am done.
Sounds really complicated.......
Old 05-01-2019, 08:47 AM
Drifting

Received 803 Likes on 528 Posts
Originally Posted by anoop

User CP ->
Edit Options ->
Infinite Scroll ->
Disable Infinite Scroll

Originally Posted by RDX10
Hey thank you so much for this! I have been on these forums for almost 5 years now and never knew I could turn off that incredibly obnoxious infinite scroll feature. Has been driving me nuts for half a decade!
Additionally, just be sure to click "SAVE" at the bottom after making the change.
Old 05-01-2019, 09:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 869 Likes on 665 Posts
Originally Posted by JB in AZ
Additionally, just be sure to click "SAVE" at the bottom after making the change.
Good point! Thanks for mentioning it! I'm glad I scrolled to the bottom when I was doing it haha.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:01 PM
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Back to Coolest Features

THE coolest feature has to be the seats. Between smooth extension to any length and the actual Cool Air, the seats take 1st Prize.
- as soon as I sat in the RDX at a car show, it jumped to the top of the short list. They are really comfortable with just the right flatness and thigh bolster.
- I have had the seat cool air on and the main “AC” off when it’s moderately warm outside and been comfortable.

That being said, anytime your car has a HUD, it’s the coolest thing. Except, I think the seats still win. It’s close.

Customized infotainment screen is also really important from a “didn’t know how good that is until you get it” POV.
- Now everyone can have what they want where they want it. But dang it, those seats still rock!

what isn’t cool? The friggin headlight controls, I mean who decided that No One would need to turn all the lights off? How am I suppose to move the moonshine with the DRL always on?
Old 05-17-2019, 02:23 PM
Intermediate

no cd player in the 19 RDX
Old 05-17-2019, 02:35 PM
Intermediate

Yes, like your videos. I see your tire pressure is 40/41...my dealer has them set at 37 (So Cal).
Thoughts??
Old 05-17-2019, 03:23 PM
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
My favorite features are the 16 speakers. I am thoroughly impressed how the sound system was implemented. When I sat in the RDX and moved my head forward, back, turn left/right and I was blown away by the sound experience. It is surreal and really does feel like the sound is coming from all directions.

The touchpad is also my favorite feature. Despite what some peoples experiences, I only took my a day to learn and find it easy to use. I like how the screen is farther back and is in my field of view. I barely even look at the screen now and can navigate the infotainment.
Old 05-22-2019, 06:51 PM
3rd Gear

What elements of CarPlay get displayed in the HUD when CarPlay info is added to the HUD? e.g. will the HUD display directions from your CarPlay maps app?
Old 06-14-2019, 03:31 AM
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Faint Knocking Noise

I purchased my 2019 RDX SH-AWD about a month ago and so far, absolutely love it. Smooth ride over all with no rattles or shakes as many have pointed out. The only things that have stood out that I've noticed is when driving over bumps at higher speeds on the freeway, I sometimes hear a very faint sort of knocking sound that seems to come from under the front of the vehicle. Not exactly sure where it's coming from and it doesn't happen all the time, but it's something I've noticed, even though I don't think my wife has. Only other thing is when shifting into reverse right after turning the vehicle on, it's quite rough and loud, although this is intermittent as well.

Anyone else experiencing these similar issues? I'm considering taking it to the dealer to check these out but they're not too bad of problems compared to some of the others I've read on the forum.
Old 06-14-2019, 03:37 AM
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Acubruh
I purchased my 2019 RDX SH-AWD about a month ago and so far, absolutely love it. Smooth ride over all with no rattles or shakes as many have pointed out. The only things that have stood out that I've noticed is when driving over bumps at higher speeds on the freeway, I sometimes hear a very faint sort of knocking sound that seems to come from under the front of the vehicle. Not exactly sure where it's coming from and it doesn't happen all the time, but it's something I've noticed, even though I don't think my wife has. Only other thing is when shifting into reverse right after turning the vehicle on, it's quite rough and loud, although this is intermittent as well.

Anyone else experiencing these similar issues? I'm considering taking it to the dealer to check these out but they're not too bad of problems compared to some of the others I've read on the forum.
Didn't mean to post this in this thread, not sure how I did but can someone delete it or is there a way for me to delete it?
Old 06-14-2019, 09:50 AM
Instructor

I absolutely love the brake hold feature. I never noticed how beneficial this would be when driving in the city.
Old 06-14-2019, 10:08 AM
Banned

Received 225 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by wargor
I absolutely love the brake hold feature. I never noticed how beneficial this would be when driving in the city.
I thought brake hold was used for situations where you were stopped for long periods of time and didn't want to have to manually hold down a brake. City driving is more stop and go, which doesn't utilize that, right?
Old 06-14-2019, 06:24 PM
Instructor

Nope, I have plenty stop lights on my daily commute. I stop and give my foot a break. When the light changes I just go with no issues. I don't use it in stop and go traffic on the highway. In traffic like that I also disable the start/stop feature. If I am going to be stopped for longer than I think I just put it in park. I noticed the other day that if you have break hold on for too long it will just put the car in park and enable the parking break.
Old 07-16-2019, 05:03 PM
Racer

Definitely the cooled/ventilated front seats! Living in the Arizona desert, getting in a little sweaty, the cooling fan in the seats make it so much more comfortable when I am driving and when I arrive at my destination. Oh yeah....then there is the KTuner tune on my engine....makes the turbo come on sooner....SOP dyno says YES!
Old 07-23-2019, 01:41 PM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm 80 yrs old. I have the technology package and it sure helps with safe driving. The wife is the happiest. She made me get rid if my Avalanche for too many close calls.
The following users liked this post:
Padre Dave (08-05-2019)
Old 07-23-2019, 01:55 PM
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts
The windshield washer fluid level warning light. It's a small thing, but being caught with little windshield washer fluid in the winter can be scary. This might be my first vehicle with this feature.
Old 07-23-2019, 04:54 PM
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 78 Posts
I find the backup camera to be the coolest and most useful feature on my 2019 Acura RDX. It's simple, but I'm lovin' it.
Old 07-24-2019, 12:34 PM
Pro

Received 219 Likes on 134 Posts
Originally Posted by bluntman72
The windshield washer fluid level warning light. It's a small thing, but being caught with little windshield washer fluid in the winter can be scary. This might be my first vehicle with this feature.
Not available on US models.
Old 07-24-2019, 02:02 PM
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 40 Posts
I find the air conditioning to be the coolest feature in the car.
Old 08-05-2019, 05:00 PM
Racer

Living in Arizona, definitely the cooled seats! WOW! Now that I have 7,000 miles on her and the K-Tuner Stage 1 tune, I love to accelerate! I love the piped in sounds, and now that I have finally figured out the quirks the Infotainment has (like getting used to a new spouse....we all have issues...)and my dear folks here who introduced me to procuring and producing 5.1 surround sound recording, oh the sound! My wife has hearing aids so I can’t crank the volume up when she is with me, but Lora have mercy, when I am by myself, it makes sweet music come alive.
Old 08-05-2019, 06:52 PM
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by CJ455
For those who currently have a 2019 Acura RDX, what is one cool feature you like about yours / recommend getting?

I am considering getting myself a RDX and want to make sure I jump in on all those cool features..
The SH-AWD for sure, even if you live in a non snow environment. The vehicle handles fairly meh, it's a crossover though, but one of the few areas it shines in is taking tight on/off ramps. Hit the gas and the SH-AWD pins the car down. Otherwise it's a pretty lackluster souped up Honda complete with clunky transmission.
Old 08-06-2019, 10:17 AM
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Coming from a 2016 X3 we find most of the tech features just adequate and the USB music sad. This is our third car with ventilated seats and the first one where the ventilation goes up the back of the seat. Very effective and comfortable.
Old 07-20-2020, 10:31 AM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Favorite feature

HUD for me.
Old 07-20-2020, 11:05 AM
Three Wheelin'

I've started using the feature where the car will reset the trip computer automatically for me each time I fill up.
Old 07-20-2020, 04:22 PM
Retired Geezer

Received 126 Likes on 83 Posts
These days, I really like being able to open and close the rear hatch using the button on the lower front area of the driver door. I can get curb side delivery of purchases dropped into the hatch without getting out of the car. This is a small thing but was not on any other car I’ve driven. The panoramic sun roof and sound system are both winners.
Old 07-20-2020, 04:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Mustachio
I find the air conditioning to be the coolest feature in the car.
Pretty sure you can find a lot more cooler stuff in the car during the winter.
Old 07-21-2020, 01:43 AM
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
I really appreciate features that are not often found in other cars: Adjustable headrest and flat floor in the second row.
Old 07-21-2020, 08:38 AM
Advanced

Where is the setting for this feature?
Old 07-22-2020, 08:20 PM
Advanced

I would like a copy also!
Old 07-22-2020, 08:25 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Royki5cp
Where is the setting for this feature?
Which feature?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2019 Acura RDX specs - What is the coolest feature on your 2019 Acura RDX?