Go Back  AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community > AcuraZine RDX Community > Third Generation RDX (2019+)
Reload this Page >

2019 Acura RDX specs - What is the coolest feature on your 2019 Acura RDX?

Notices

2019 Acura RDX specs - What is the coolest feature on your 2019 Acura RDX?

Old 01-28-2019, 09:53 AM
Registered Member

Received 1,017 Likes on 670 Posts
Originally Posted by R J Poseidon 6 View Post
It's actually super annoying sometimes scrolling down and find yourself in another thread...
So true. I don't know why it always does that now
Old 01-28-2019, 10:15 AM
Registered Member

Received 62 Likes on 44 Posts
You should be able to edit or delete your own posts, at least for a period of time. Being able to go back and fix dumb typos would make me seem smarter.
Old 01-28-2019, 10:20 AM
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by R J Poseidon 6 View Post
It's actually super annoying sometimes scrolling down and find yourself in another thread...
It's happened to be me many times and it's annoying and sometimes embarrassing because I post a reply to the thread I thought I was watching which makes no sense at all in the place I was actually watching.

How did I end up there? It happens because of the auto scroll feature.

It is possible to disable auto scrolling so it never happens. That's how I have set mine up now.

Your User Name (top right of page) ->
User CP ->
Settings & Option (scroll and find in left bar) ->
Edit Options ->
Thread Display Options (scroll and find towards bottom) ->
Infinite Scroll ->
Disable Infinite Scroll

(Auto scroll is perhaps one of the worst features websites use. It also prevents one from using the "search on page" tool in browsers which I use a lot.)

Last edited by anoop; 01-28-2019 at 10:30 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by anoop:
Alias1431 (05-29-2019), R J Poseidon 6 (01-28-2019), RDX10 (05-01-2019)
Old 01-28-2019, 10:35 AM
~HondaF1~

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts
I'll have to do that. Gracias.
Old 01-28-2019, 11:08 AM
~HondaF1~

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts
Let me try to fix this by getting back on topic (sorta...) :

I absolutely love the new RDX, it's finally back to being awesome!
One of the things I like are the wheels that I put on my ride...

They are 2019 RDX Tech (as you know) beauties with Michelin Touring HPs.
I love it... Thoughts?

Those sick grey wheels on the Touring model or something? I think they are 20s. Not sure but those are siiiick.
Old 02-07-2019, 07:12 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SK1124 View Post
1) HUD for sure. Hard to drive without one now that I've been spoiled!
2) Surprisingly although its been getting a ton of criticism on the forum, I'm a huge fan of the 360 camera. It is AMAZINGLY useful and makes the wife much more comfortable driving the vehicle. The quality is definitely satisfactory for its purpose (seeing curbs, surroundings when parking in tight spots, etc.).
3) ELS 3D sound system - sounds great!!
4) handsfree tailgate (i thought it was more of a gimmick feature but never realized how useful it is when carrying things in and out of the trunk!
5) storage in rear - super useful!
6) overall spaciousness of the vehicle

Has anyone figured out a button on the steering wheel to read a text message using CarPlay when the message notification pops up? I know you can ask Siri to read it but it would be faster to open the notification. If I touch the upper right corner of the touchpad while the notification is on the screen. Siri will start reading the message. But if you donít push exactly the right spot it doesnít work. I was hoping I could just hit a button mounted on the steering wheel.
Old 04-30-2019, 10:19 AM
Registered Member

Received 104 Likes on 94 Posts
Hey is the OP dead from an accident yet? Anyone dead that can post about their touchpad experience and how they died because of touchpad usage? Have you yet ensured your safety that is valued at $7000? Go get a Mitsubishi. Nothing special or deathly about those
Old 04-30-2019, 01:24 PM
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by briankklein View Post

Has anyone figured out a button on the steering wheel to read a text message using CarPlay when the message notification pops up? I know you can ask Siri to read it but it would be faster to open the notification. If I touch the upper right corner of the touchpad while the notification is on the screen. Siri will start reading the message. But if you donít push exactly the right spot it doesnít work. I was hoping I could just hit a button mounted on the steering wheel.
I just hit the pad anywhere when a text message comes in. It asks if I want to hear it and I tell it yes. DO I want to respond? Yes, and then I speak. Do you want to send? I say "yes". One button click anywhere on the big pad and I am done.
Old 05-01-2019, 01:56 AM
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Where did you get this? I have heard of it. Of course, since we have no DVD drive in the new RDX we would have to transfer it to a thumb drive, right?
Old 05-01-2019, 02:47 AM
Registered Member

Received 629 Likes on 506 Posts
Originally Posted by anoop View Post
It's happened to be me many times and it's annoying and sometimes embarrassing because I post a reply to the thread I thought I was watching which makes no sense at all in the place I was actually watching.

It is possible to disable auto scrolling so it never happens. That's how I have set mine up now.

User CP ->
Edit Options ->
Infinite Scroll ->
Disable Infinite Scroll

(Auto scroll is perhaps one of the worst features websites use. It also prevents one from using the "search on page" tool in browsers which I use a lot.)
Hey thank you so much for this! I have been on these forums for almost 5 years now and never knew I could turn off that incredibly obnoxious infinite scroll feature. Has been driving me nuts for half a decade!
Old 05-01-2019, 06:56 AM
Registered Member

Received 381 Likes on 279 Posts
Originally Posted by wargor View Post
I just hit the pad anywhere when a text message comes in. It asks if I want to hear it and I tell it yes. DO I want to respond? Yes, and then I speak. Do you want to send? I say "yes". One button click anywhere on the big pad and I am done.
Sounds really complicated.......
Old 05-01-2019, 08:47 AM
Registered Member

Received 114 Likes on 76 Posts
Originally Posted by anoop View Post

User CP ->
Edit Options ->
Infinite Scroll ->
Disable Infinite Scroll

Originally Posted by RDX10 View Post
Hey thank you so much for this! I have been on these forums for almost 5 years now and never knew I could turn off that incredibly obnoxious infinite scroll feature. Has been driving me nuts for half a decade!
Additionally, just be sure to click "SAVE" at the bottom after making the change.
Old 05-01-2019, 09:32 PM
Registered Member

Received 629 Likes on 506 Posts
Originally Posted by JB in AZ View Post
Additionally, just be sure to click "SAVE" at the bottom after making the change.
Good point! Thanks for mentioning it! I'm glad I scrolled to the bottom when I was doing it haha.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:01 PM
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Back to Coolest Features

THE coolest feature has to be the seats. Between smooth extension to any length and the actual Cool Air, the seats take 1st Prize.
- as soon as I sat in the RDX at a car show, it jumped to the top of the short list. They are really comfortable with just the right flatness and thigh bolster.
- I have had the seat cool air on and the main ďACĒ off when itís moderately warm outside and been comfortable.

That being said, anytime your car has a HUD, itís the coolest thing. Except, I think the seats still win. Itís close.

Customized infotainment screen is also really important from a ďdidnít know how good that is until you get itĒ POV.
- Now everyone can have what they want where they want it. But dang it, those seats still rock!

what isnít cool? The friggin headlight controls, I mean who decided that No One would need to turn all the lights off? How am I suppose to move the moonshine with the DRL always on?
Old 05-17-2019, 02:23 PM
Registered Member

no cd player in the 19 RDX
Old 05-17-2019, 02:35 PM
Registered Member

Yes, like your videos. I see your tire pressure is 40/41...my dealer has them set at 37 (So Cal).
Thoughts??
Old 05-17-2019, 03:23 PM
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
My favorite features are the 16 speakers. I am thoroughly impressed how the sound system was implemented. When I sat in the RDX and moved my head forward, back, turn left/right and I was blown away by the sound experience. It is surreal and really does feel like the sound is coming from all directions.

The touchpad is also my favorite feature. Despite what some peoples experiences, I only took my a day to learn and find it easy to use. I like how the screen is farther back and is in my field of view. I barely even look at the screen now and can navigate the infotainment.
Old 05-22-2019, 06:51 PM

What elements of CarPlay get displayed in the HUD when CarPlay info is added to the HUD? e.g. will the HUD display directions from your CarPlay maps app?
Old 06-14-2019, 03:31 AM
Registered Member

Faint Knocking Noise

I purchased my 2019 RDX SH-AWD about a month ago and so far, absolutely love it. Smooth ride over all with no rattles or shakes as many have pointed out. The only things that have stood out that I've noticed is when driving over bumps at higher speeds on the freeway, I sometimes hear a very faint sort of knocking sound that seems to come from under the front of the vehicle. Not exactly sure where it's coming from and it doesn't happen all the time, but it's something I've noticed, even though I don't think my wife has. Only other thing is when shifting into reverse right after turning the vehicle on, it's quite rough and loud, although this is intermittent as well.

Anyone else experiencing these similar issues? I'm considering taking it to the dealer to check these out but they're not too bad of problems compared to some of the others I've read on the forum.
Old 06-14-2019, 03:37 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Acubruh View Post
I purchased my 2019 RDX SH-AWD about a month ago and so far, absolutely love it. Smooth ride over all with no rattles or shakes as many have pointed out. The only things that have stood out that I've noticed is when driving over bumps at higher speeds on the freeway, I sometimes hear a very faint sort of knocking sound that seems to come from under the front of the vehicle. Not exactly sure where it's coming from and it doesn't happen all the time, but it's something I've noticed, even though I don't think my wife has. Only other thing is when shifting into reverse right after turning the vehicle on, it's quite rough and loud, although this is intermittent as well.

Anyone else experiencing these similar issues? I'm considering taking it to the dealer to check these out but they're not too bad of problems compared to some of the others I've read on the forum.
Didn't mean to post this in this thread, not sure how I did but can someone delete it or is there a way for me to delete it?
Old 06-14-2019, 09:50 AM
Registered Member

I absolutely love the brake hold feature. I never noticed how beneficial this would be when driving in the city.
Old 06-14-2019, 10:08 AM
Registered Member

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by wargor View Post
I absolutely love the brake hold feature. I never noticed how beneficial this would be when driving in the city.
I thought brake hold was used for situations where you were stopped for long periods of time and didn't want to have to manually hold down a brake. City driving is more stop and go, which doesn't utilize that, right?
Old 06-14-2019, 06:24 PM
Registered Member

Nope, I have plenty stop lights on my daily commute. I stop and give my foot a break. When the light changes I just go with no issues. I don't use it in stop and go traffic on the highway. In traffic like that I also disable the start/stop feature. If I am going to be stopped for longer than I think I just put it in park. I noticed the other day that if you have break hold on for too long it will just put the car in park and enable the parking break.