AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G RDX (2019+) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-2019-454/)
-   -   2019 Acura RDX specs - What is the coolest feature on your 2019 Acura RDX? (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-2019-454/2019-acura-rdx-specs-what-coolest-feature-your-2019-acura-rdx-972234/)

CJ455 08-07-2018 04:54 PM

2019 Acura RDX specs - What is the coolest feature on your 2019 Acura RDX?

For those who currently have a 2019 Acura RDX, what is one cool feature you like about yours / recommend getting?

I am considering getting myself a RDX and want to make sure I jump in on all those cool features..

Catman70 08-07-2018 05:14 PM

I think the Heads Up Didplay is the best feature of the car.

Madd Dog 08-07-2018 05:23 PM

I think the coolest feature is the rigidity of the structure and how it contributes to both ride and handling.

dcmod 08-07-2018 06:12 PM

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...d1cd74882a.jpg
The coolest features is the 3D ELS Surround sound , I demo'ed with a lossless FLAC DVD-A songs from Acura . And it's like listening in a music studio

billyt1963 08-07-2018 07:29 PM

I agree with Catman70 that the heads up display is my big item.

Billy

Hou-RL 08-07-2018 07:41 PM

I feel slated as I didn't get that demo or disc. Oh wait, I just told the sales manager, I would figure it out as I was pretty sure he has no real world experience other than pairing the mobile phone to the car.

Burger Steak & Eggs 08-07-2018 07:45 PM

I didn't realize there was a CD / DVD drive in the car.

dcmod 08-07-2018 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Hou-RL (Post 16277040)
I feel slated as I didn't get that demo or disc. Oh wait, I just told the sales manager, I would figure it out as I was pretty sure he has no real world experience other than pairing the mobile phone to the car.

Nope , that demo DVD-A 5.1 ELS Demo disc is not included with the 2019 RDX. I got that disc from a friend who bought a 2013 Acura TLX, where Acura was first to launch a 5.1 surround sound DVD audio on the TLX .
IMHO, Acura should provide that disc to every 2019 Acura RDX sales to promote their ELS 3D system
There is a track in that DVD disc that introduces the power and clarity of the 5.1 ELS system, narrated by Elliot Scheiner himself , it's based on the Winelight by Grover Washington Jr . A classic by it self .
It started with each channels on the 5 points of speaker source, and started with each music instruments starting from Front Driver seat , Center Front , Front Passenger Seat , Rear Right Seat, Rear Left Seat and finally the Sub woofer / After he intro'ed each channels independently , at the end he combined all the 6 sound sources into one .... Talk about audio heaven ...
Blows away Lexus Mark Levinson, Bose, Bang and Olufsen , Harman Kardon car audio system .. IMHO

Every time I demo'ed this to strangers,, their mouth literally just dropped in awe

dcmod 08-07-2018 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Burger Steak & Eggs (Post 16277044)
I didn't realize there was a CD / DVD drive in the car.

There is no CD / DVD , hence the demo disc is not included with the RDX .. You have to rip it and copy it to a USB memory stick .

TLMDXRDX 08-07-2018 08:24 PM

My favorite feature or part of the car is the entire center console. First, the sliding armrest that positions the arm nicely against the touchpad was a great design. Next, the entire true touchpad interface is way better than I expected. I was fearful from some of the early first drive reviews, but it's very intuitive. I also like the floating aspect of the center console from a design perspective.

DrWoo 08-07-2018 08:54 PM

I’ll add a second vote for the heads up display. You can customize it, and I use it along with the steering wheel controls to operate the nav and all my favorite music stations.

oblio98 08-07-2018 11:16 PM

I agree with the 3D Audio system. A USB stick filled with 5.1 Audio from DVD-A's, SACD, BluRay Audios, and DVD's and you are rockin' to some seriously awesome sound. You cannot imagine it until you hear it.

pcmcia 08-08-2018 02:38 AM

Can someone rip the DVD disc -- specific the track that " introduces the power and clarity of the 5.1 ELS system, narrated by Elliot Scheiner himself"? And post it somewhere? I want to try it on my RDX.

Stew4HD 08-08-2018 04:49 AM

HUD, the 3D ELS, Hands Free tailgate, thigh extender seats, the shape of the console to allow more legroom,

btdia 08-08-2018 06:57 AM

Heads up display.

Jeffro941 08-08-2018 07:27 AM

Definitely the HUD and the ability to customize it to your liking

SK1124 08-08-2018 08:39 AM

1) HUD for sure. Hard to drive without one now that I've been spoiled!
2) Surprisingly although its been getting a ton of criticism on the forum, I'm a huge fan of the 360 camera. It is AMAZINGLY useful and makes the wife much more comfortable driving the vehicle. The quality is definitely satisfactory for its purpose (seeing curbs, surroundings when parking in tight spots, etc.).
3) ELS 3D sound system - sounds great!!
4) handsfree tailgate (i thought it was more of a gimmick feature but never realized how useful it is when carrying things in and out of the trunk!
5) storage in rear - super useful!
6) overall spaciousness of the vehicle

KeithL 08-08-2018 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by dcmod (Post 16277000)
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...d1cd74882a.jpg
The coolest features is the 3D ELS Surround sound , I demo'ed with a lossless FLAC DVD-A songs from Acura . And it's like listening in a music studio

Ah I bet I have a bunch of them as I had serval TLs back when they gave those out with the car.

RDXRSXTL 08-19-2018 07:03 PM

Cameras!!

I have no quarrel with those who say the HUD is the coolest feature. I think so too, until it is time to park or squeeze out of a tight space. Then the cameras are worth whatever portion of the Advance package price they represent - & then some!

mcrompton 08-20-2018 09:33 AM

Head's up display. It's funny with such a nice infotainment screen and MID, I rarely look at either. The HUD does everything for me minus CarPlay navigation. It's fantastic.

Ffsphynx 08-20-2018 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Catman70 (Post 16276976)
I think the Heads Up Didplay is the best feature of the car.

https://youtu.be/4g_9Uu5-4G8

I agree.

Chibo 08-20-2018 10:17 PM

Since I've only got the A-Spec, I'll say the sound system impressed me more than I thought it would. Love the panoramic roof too.

jbinnyc 08-20-2018 11:03 PM

Top 5 in order (Advance SH-AWD):
1. Driving the RDX! It’s fun! The way it handles turns, the turbo 10 speed engine, and how it holds & hugs the road.
2. Apple’s CarPlay! (And the high resolution display)
3. ​​​​​​HeadsUp Display
4. The ELS Studio 3D Premium Audio System; 16 speakers! Sounds amazing!
5. Cargo space with built in storage bins!

and so much more!

CJ455 09-11-2018 12:53 PM

Looks like there's a lot of good things about the speakers. That's super important to me, since I commute and there's a ton of traffic that I have to deal with daily. Amazing speakers would make me almost want to sit in traffic longer. Haha!

TxLady 09-11-2018 08:51 PM

The HUD, the surround camera, the warning lights on the front of the RDX, and the music system.

I like to center to hopefully decrease the chances of A ding. I LOVE that before hitting the park button, I can put it in reverse and check my spacial positioning before parking. Seeing the car from the top down...very cool.

(Modern Steel Metalic Advance)

Master47 09-11-2018 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by TxLady (Post 16295615)
The HUD, the surround camera, the warning lights on the front of the RDX, and the music system.

I like to center to hopefully decrease the chances of A ding. I LOVE that before hitting the park button, I can put it in reverse and check my spacial positioning before parking. Seeing the car from the top down...very cool.

(Modern Steel Metalic Advance)

Have you tried pushing the button on the end of the right stalk (the one with wiper controls) for the surround camera? You can hit that before ever pulling into the spot (I think under 12 miles per hour). No need to put the car in reverse to check, that’s so 2014.:thumbsup:

GaHokie 09-11-2018 09:18 PM

Very nice selection; how can we get the same demo disc?

TxLady 09-12-2018 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Master47 (Post 16295625)

Have you tried pushing the button on the end of the right stalk (the one with wiper controls) for the surround camera? You can hit that before ever pulling into the spot (I think under 12 miles per hour). No need to put the car in reverse to check, that’s so 2014.:thumbsup:

Pretty evident my old but reliable TL was antiquated ��. Amazing amount of technology to grasp in the RDX, but each discovery is fun. Like opening up a new present every day. Thanks for the tip. I had hit the button (in the past) and got a front camera view...after your comment I noticed there are two other options with that feature! Cool!

B25Nut 09-12-2018 04:36 PM

Everything mentioned above that comes on the Advance. The extra right knee space provided by the floating center console is what told me right away "this is the one". None of the competition gives you the same feeling. The quality of the sliding cover for the console's storage area also stood out, especially compared to the one on the QX50.
If you special order a vehicle, I would recommend getting the Body Side Molding, Door Edge and Door Handle Film, Door Edge Guards, Rear Bumper Applique, Splash Guard Set.and Welcome Light. To make your RDX really stand out, go for the 20" Black Diamond-Cut Alloy Wheels. These can be added by your dealer to a vehicle on their lot, but at significant extra cost.
I also really liked how the center home screen can be customized. I put Navigation, Phone and my wife's favorite Sirius XM and AM Radio stations in the four corner positions for easiest access. The other four slots have USB and second favorite stations. I feel this gives the driver one click access to 99% of our needs. The True Touchpad is the future. It quickly becomes easy to use with the least amount of distraction.
My wife is hard to please. One minor issue can kill a deal. She loves her RDX and is proud to call it her car. She has always said she didn't need cooled seats. She now loves that feature. I can't wait for winter (well, not really) when she gets to experience the heated steering wheel for the first time.
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...25de1fe1de.jpg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...fe6aea81c9.jpg

_korangar 09-14-2018 10:41 AM

I only have the Tech but coming from a 2011 Kia this is what I appreciate: Lane keep assist might be my favorite so far, ELS sound system, back up camera, Apple CarPlay, the extra storage under the trunk area. Haven't regretted my decision.

CJ455 10-18-2018 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by B25Nut (Post 16296229)
Everything mentioned above that comes on the Advance. The extra right knee space provided by the floating center console is what told me right away "this is the one". None of the competition gives you the same feeling. The quality of the sliding cover for the console's storage area also stood out, especially compared to the one on the QX50.
If you special order a vehicle, I would recommend getting the Body Side Molding, Door Edge and Door Handle Film, Door Edge Guards, Rear Bumper Applique, Splash Guard Set.and Welcome Light. To make your RDX really stand out, go for the 20" Black Diamond-Cut Alloy Wheels. These can be added by your dealer to a vehicle on their lot, but at significant extra cost.
I also really liked how the center home screen can be customized. I put Navigation, Phone and my wife's favorite Sirius XM and AM Radio stations in the four corner positions for easiest access. The other four slots have USB and second favorite stations. I feel this gives the driver one click access to 99% of our needs. The True Touchpad is the future. It quickly becomes easy to use with the least amount of distraction.
My wife is hard to please. One minor issue can kill a deal. She loves her RDX and is proud to call it her car. She has always said she didn't need cooled seats. She now loves that feature. I can't wait for winter (well, not really) when she gets to experience the heated steering wheel for the first time.

Some really good info. Thanks for sharing. The cooled seats is something that I also would think there's not really a point/need.. but after driving in a vehicle that offered it.. my mind changed. Now that winter is coming around, I can see how heated steering wheel adds a huge plus.

anoop 10-19-2018 01:32 AM

#1 NSX-inspired transmission selector.
#2 Ability to choose to tilt of either side view mirror when backing up.

Newsy1904 10-20-2018 02:33 AM

Peak torque coming in at 1600rpm... omg I love that push in the back. :thumbsup:

HotRodW 01-12-2019 08:42 PM

AutoGuide RDX vs QX50

RDX10 01-12-2019 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by HotRodW (Post 16364278)
AutoGuide RDX vs QX50

https://youtu.be/cP6Sr5CIB9s

I seen this, it was brutal and also bullshit. First off they came in extremely biased and you can tell from the tone of the review that they already had their choice selected before even testing the vehicles. Furthermore they took a giant dump all over the infotainment in the RDX but they "failed" to mention that the infotainment in the QX50 is many years old and that the map layout is from 2004. Also, this was the FIRST review that praised the VC-Turbo and anyone else notice how they stated it gets bad economy in the city but then used good fuel economy as an advantage over the RDX?

Very poor review and not because I'm RDX biased, also I'm going to be an asshole but that guy's voice drives me up the wall. He sounds like barney and friends.

HotRodW 01-12-2019 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by HotRodW (Post 16364278)
AutoGuide RDX vs QX50

I'm not sure how I managed to post this here in what is obviously the wrong thread. Regardless, I re-posted correctly, so mods can delete.

R J Poseidon 6 01-28-2019 09:17 AM

What a weekend!!

This was supposed to say hello*:

Stew4HD 01-28-2019 09:30 AM

What a cool feature..........^

R J Poseidon 6 01-28-2019 09:42 AM

This was not supposed to be here and I can't delete now...
It was at the bottom of the page and I guess i replied there. Sorry.

Is there a mod that can please delete?

R J Poseidon 6 01-28-2019 09:44 AM

It's actually super annoying sometimes scrolling down and find yourself in another thread...