10 Speed Transmission=Turn off.

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 11:00 AM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
10 Speed Transmission=Turn off.

My good friend just had his 9-speed replaced in his 2015 TLX. He found out through the joke of Acura Corp. Torrance, CA that they are currently out of stock with new replacements and rebuilt replacement 9-speed transmissions. Luckily he bought the 120k AcuraCare Extended warranty and is covered. However, he's at 119,990 miles. So the replacement rebuilt transmission has no warranty, since Acura Care runs out in 10 miles. I am all in with meaningful improvements in engineering. But I am all out with Innovation Users Don't Need, e.g., ISDN from the late 80's.

Although I like the other improvements in the 2019 over my 2016, my point is I won't be doing any long term testing of these 10 speeds for Acura in the first few years. There simply is no history of reliability for the 10-speed. Without an extended Acura Care warranty a new owner is taking a HUGE gamble that the 10-speed is more reliable than the 9-speed.

Last edited by EE4Life; 06-13-2018 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Changed TSX to TLX
Old 06-13-2018, 11:03 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
I think you're missing some of the facts here.
the nine speed was developed by ZF Friedrichshafen...
this all new 10speed is developed by Acura..in house...which has excellent track record by way of 7DCT and 8DCT, even their 6AT's were good.
The following 4 users liked this post by justnspace:
acuranj18 (06-15-2018), crxb (06-15-2018), Curious3GTL (06-13-2018), KeithL (06-13-2018)
Old 06-13-2018, 11:06 AM
Pro

Received 219 Likes on 134 Posts
1. No such thing as a 2015 TSX. It's a TLX
2. Acura has given all owners a 10-year no mileage limit, transferrable powertrain warranty.
3. The ZF made 9 speed has nothing at all to do with the Honda made 10 speed.
4. The problems with the ZF 9AT became well-known immediately (Fall 2014). The Honda 10AT has been used in several vehicles for well over a year and reports are favorable.
The following users liked this post:
KeithL (06-13-2018)
Old 06-13-2018, 11:17 AM
Advanced

No point missed here...My good friend also had a 2001 3.2TL with 42k miles and 2003 3.2TL with 52k miles that both had transmission failures. The latter was replaced with Acura Care. Both Acura manufactured transmissions. This is who I referred to in the initial post. He also had pealing paint on his 2015 TLX as well.

These were once great cars...the history of Acura transmissions is that they have had silent warranty extensions in the past. Don't pay $40k to be Acuras test case. Is Acura becoming like BMWs. The first thing a new BMW owner does is find an extended warranty. Once the warranty expires they run form the car.

Last edited by Mo_Green; 06-13-2018 at 11:24 AM.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:20 AM
Advanced

"2. Acura has given all owners a 10-year no mileage limit, transferable power train warranty."

True. However, for a very specific failure mode. Not the entire spectrum of failure modes. He received that warranty and it doesn't apply to his recent trans failure.

Last edited by Mo_Green; 06-13-2018 at 11:26 AM.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:27 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
yes, mo green..Honda had problems with their 2000 era trannies...HOWEVER, the 6AT (developed for the MDX after 2008) the 8DCT in the ILX, and the 7DCT in the RLX are ALLL ROCK SOLID!!!!!!!!!!!!
they are more current and more relevant than the 2000 TL shitty tranny. you're missing facts.
The following 3 users liked this post by justnspace:
Curious3GTL (06-13-2018), frankjnjr (06-17-2018), TacoBello (06-13-2018)
Old 06-13-2018, 11:31 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by justnspace
yes, mo green..Honda had problems with their 2000 era trannies...HOWEVER, the 6AT (developed for the MDX after 2008) the 8DCT in the ILX, and the 7DCT in the RLX are ALLL ROCK SOLID!!!!!!!!!!!!
they are more current and more relevant than the 2000 TL shitty tranny. you're missing facts.

Why is the TLX 9 Speed out of stock in both rebuilt and new form? Follow the facts, not the marketing.

Last edited by EE4Life; 06-13-2018 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Changed TSX to TLX
Old 06-13-2018, 11:34 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Mo_Green
Why is the TSX 9 Speed out of stock in both rebuilt and new form? Follow the facts, not the marketing.
Because Acura has been diligent in replacing the faulty ZF transmissions for TLX owners.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:45 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by catbert430
Because Acura has been diligent in replacing the faulty ZF transmissions for TLX owners.

The ZF transmission will only be replaced for just one failure mode...it's not a blanket replacement warranty for any ZF transmission failure. Without an in service warranty ZF owners have no warranty recourse outside of a single failure node, even with the extended warranty from Acura.

Ask me how I know.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:47 AM
Drifting

Received 849 Likes on 605 Posts
The only concern I have with the 10 speed is the constant shifting. Hell, we're talking 7 shifts before 50MPH. I see that getting annoying. But supposedly it's pretty smooth so maybe I'm being dramatic.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:57 AM
Pro

The ZF transmission will only be replaced for just one failure mode...it's not a blanket replacement warranty for any ZF transmission failure. Without an in service warranty ZF owners have no warranty recourse outside of a single failure node, even with the extended warranty from Acura.

Ask me how I know.
I was under the impression that the warranty extension was for all powertrain issues.
Sounds like you know better.
It Acura is misrepresenting, it's a shame.

At any rate, The TLX is no longer my problem and I'm not worried about the RDX 10AT yet.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:58 AM
Advanced

As a comparison, take a top loading washing machine with a printed circuit board and digital display and a "one" button bottom of the line washer. You know the one you grew up with.

Which one do you think will out live the other?
Old 06-13-2018, 12:02 PM
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
"There simply is no history of reliability for the 10-speed."

The 10-speed was designed by Honda and originally used on the 2018 Odyssey. I've seen very few complaints about it on the forums (especially compared to the ZF 9-speed).

10 speed transmission rough downshifting
Old 06-13-2018, 12:46 PM
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 77 Posts
For the record, I believe this 10 speed at is the same that’s in the accord and the civic type r, but retuned for HP and torque. I do not think it’s the same as what’s in the odyssey. I could be wrong, but I know for sure the accord and civic share it.

Remember that there is shift logic to keep you in the right gears for climbing hills and descending, towing etc. and there’s ability to downshift up to 4 gears. So this should be very smooth in operation. I know that I didn’t feel any hard shifts when testing in both highway and back windy roads really.

Long term, who knows....there’s risk in anything. I had a Pontiac back in high school that blew a tranny at 9,000 miles. I would say if there are tranny issues you would know real quick and since this has been used in the accord for a year, there’s enough to show some reliability.

Old 06-13-2018, 12:50 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Dizzyg12
For the record, I believe this 10 speed at is the same that’s in the accord and the civic type r, but retuned for HP and torque. I do not think it’s the same as what’s in the odyssey. I could be wrong, but I know for sure the accord and civic share it.

Remember that there is shift logic to keep you in the right gears for climbing hills and descending, towing etc. and there’s ability to downshift up to 4 gears. So this should be very smooth in operation. I know that I didn’t feel any hard shifts when testing in both highway and back windy roads really.

Long term, who knows....there’s risk in anything. I had a Pontiac back in high school that blew a tranny at 9,000 miles. I would say if there are tranny issues you would know real quick and since this has been used in the accord for a year, there’s enough to show some reliability.

clairifyingg since I can’t edit yet - I was referring to the 2l turbo aspect on the type R not the trans....sorry.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:58 PM
Advanced

It's the same transmission in the Odyssey. I know it well because my wife tried to get me to buy the damn thing.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...ic-test-review
Old 06-13-2018, 01:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 190 Likes on 119 Posts
I think you're missing some of the facts here.
the nine speed was developed by ZF Friedrichshafen...
this all new 10speed is developed by Acura..in house...which has excellent track record by way of 7DCT and 8DCT, even their 6AT's were good.

The AT in the 4th gen TL is a piece of shit. The Torque converter issues are well documented. My '12 SH-AWD was in the shop for a month and they couldn't fix it.

ZF makes an excellent transmission, Acura just couldn't figure out the software for the TLX

I haven't driven the '19 RDX yet but the 10 spd in the Accord was a gear hunter during my half hour test drive
Old 06-13-2018, 01:21 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by 19RDX
It's the same transmission in the Odyssey. I know it well because my wife tried to get me to buy the damn thing.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...ic-test-review
Unsuccessfully I presume LOL.
Old 06-13-2018, 01:56 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 276 Likes on 180 Posts
Originally Posted by 012TL-GLM
ZF makes an excellent transmission, Acura just couldn't figure out the software for the TLX
As a rule, ZF makes excellent transmissions. The ZF9 is not one of them, however. FCA, Acura, Land Rover ... they've all had problems with the ZF 9-speed gearbox. Some of the issues are inherent to the design. Specifically, the combination of friction and dog clutches. It gives the transmission a unique and inconsistent shift feel. The issues go beyond the strange feel, however. The failure rate on that box is undeniably high regardless of where it's used, and that cannot be entirely attributed to Acura's shift logic. It is, in my humble opinion, a Grade A Certified POS. Acura never should have used it, but they didn't have their own high efficiency unit, and they certainly weren't going to use the Aisin 8-speed gearbox found in Toyotas, Lexuses, Volvos, BMWs, Minis and others. (Toyota owns 30% of Aisin, so you can understand why Honda/Acura would prefer to source their hardware elsewhere.)

I've driven quite a few cars with the ZF9, and the best was application was easily the Chrysler Pacifica, which makes sense since FCA has had the most experience sorting out the issues. I'd still never own a car equipped with that transmission.

Last edited by HotRodW; 06-13-2018 at 02:08 PM.
Old 06-13-2018, 02:00 PM
Drifting

Received 849 Likes on 605 Posts
The AT in the 4th gen TL is a piece of shit. The Torque converter issues are well documented. My '12 SH-AWD was in the shop for a month and they couldn't fix it.
I'm sure if I were in your position that I'd say the same thing. But mine has 156K miles and runs perfectly.
Old 06-13-2018, 02:05 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by HotRodW
As a rule, ZF makes excellent transmissions. The ZF9 is not one of them, however. FCA, Acura, Land Rover ... they've all had problems with the ZF 9-speed gearbox. Some of the issue are inherent to the design. Specifically, the combination of friction and dog clutches. It gives the transmission a unique and inconsistent shift feel. The issues go beyond the strange feel, however. The failure rate on that box is undeniably high regardless of where it's used, and that cannot be entirely attributed to Acura's shift logic. It is, in my humble opinion, a Grade A Certified POS. Acura never should have used it, but they didn't have their own high efficiency unit, and they certainly weren't going to use the Aisin 8-speed gearbox found in Toyotas, Lexuses, Volvos, BMWs, Minis and others. (Toyota owns 30% of Aisin, so you can understand why Honda/Acura would prefer to source their hardware elsewhere.)

I've driven quite a few cars with the ZF9, and the best was application was easily the Chrysler Pacifica, which makes sense since FCA has had the most experience sorting out the issues. I'd still never own a car equipped with that transmission.
All true. The ZF 8AT made for longitudinally mounted engines is a paragon of virtue but, the 9AT is a universally-hated booger.
Old 06-13-2018, 02:10 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by HotRodW
As a rule, ZF makes excellent transmissions. The ZF9 is not one of them, however. FCA, Acura, Land Rover ... they've all had problems with the ZF 9-speed gearbox. Some of the issue are inherent to the design. Specifically, the combination of friction and dog clutches. It gives the transmission a unique and inconsistent shift feel. The issues go beyond the strange feel, however. The failure rate on that box is undeniably high regardless of where it's used, and that cannot be entirely attributed to Acura's shift logic. It is, in my humble opinion, a Grade A Certified POS. Acura never should have used it, but they didn't have their own high efficiency unit, and they certainly weren't going to use the Aisin 8-speed gearbox found in Toyotas, Lexuses, Volvos, BMWs, Minis and others. (Toyota owns 30% of Aisin, so you can understand why Honda/Acura would prefer to source their hardware elsewhere.)

Thank You for the additional understanding.

Hence, the point of this discussion is that if one wants to gamble with a new unproven 10-speed transmission you WILL NEED an extended warranty to make a bet against it failing before 100k or 120k-assuming AcuraCare. The cost of the warranty needs to be factored into the usual cost of ownership. But, if it proves to be trouble...an unsuspecting owner/tester will need to run from the car when the warranty expires. Remember once the warranty expires, it expires for all work. Even if the trans was replaced at 119.9k.

We simply do not have enough field trials/mileage for this new transmission. We already know how the ZF turned out.

Last edited by Mo_Green; 06-13-2018 at 02:18 PM.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:04 PM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts
I don't know about the 6AT in the RDX as they have a 30k fluid change interval. This is exceedingly short for a current era transmission and reeks of "COA" for Acura to get their cars through the 6yr/70k PT warranty period.. I have been quite unimpressed with our '16 RDX's transmission. Very rough when cold, uneven behavior on the freeway, jerky downshifts.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:36 PM
Advanced

Unsuccessfully I presume LOL.
Correct.
Old 06-13-2018, 04:07 PM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts

Hence, the point of this discussion is that if one wants to gamble with a new unproven 10-speed transmission you WILL NEED an extended warranty to make a bet against it failing before 100k or 120k-assuming AcuraCare. The cost of the warranty needs to be factored into the usual cost of ownership. But, if it proves to be trouble...an unsuspecting owner/tester will need to run from the car when the warranty expires. Remember once the warranty expires, it expires for all work. Even if the trans was replaced at 119.9k.

We simply do not have enough field trials/mileage for this new transmission. We already know how the ZF turned out.

You do have a 6 year, 70K mile powertrain warranty, so there is no rush to buy an AcuraCare warranty right off.
Old 06-13-2018, 06:13 PM
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
There are threads on the TLX section here about people with problems with the 8DCT on the TLX. The problems have been overshadowed by the problems with the 9 speed ZF, but owners have complained about rough shirting and surging with the 8DCT.

On my two prior Hondas/Acuras with ATs (one 5sp and one 4sp), I went well over 200,000 miles on each car with no problems whatsoever with the ATs.
Old 06-13-2018, 06:18 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts

I haven't driven the '19 RDX yet but the 10 spd in the Accord was a gear hunter during my half hour test drive
while ZF makes great tranny’s as you can see in Audi’s, but the 9 speed was crap lol at Jeep, they had a ton of issues with the ZF 9 speed as well. Not sure what Acura was thinking since Jeep was having problems with the 9 speed before the TLX every launched. They must have been too far into development to correct course or had no options to hit MPG targets.
Old 06-13-2018, 06:52 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by cruiserchuck
There are threads on the TLX section here about people with problems with the 8DCT on the TLX. The problems have been overshadowed by the problems with the 9 speed ZF, but owners have complained about rough shirting and surging with the 8DCT.

On my two prior Hondas/Acuras with ATs (one 5sp and one 4sp), I went well over 200,000 miles on each car with no problems whatsoever with the ATs.
my 2010 tsx has 202000 miles and counting. I don’t think I’ve even had the system flushed 😂
Old 06-13-2018, 07:14 PM
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
The 10-speed transmission was in development over a span of six years. The only prototype they let the public see was mounted in an RLX three years ago. Prior to mass production Honda invested a combined $150 million in its Georgia and Ohio transmission plants for tooling and upgrades. It was launched with the '18 Odyssey (in the top trims), likely due to alignment of product cycles more than anything else. The transmission went into production in Georgia on March 8, 2017, and the first '18 Odyssey rolled off the production line in Alabama on April 26, 2017. A year and 20,000 miles later, I have nothing but praise for the 10-speed. For those of you who sneer at a minivan, while it is not the fastest right off the line, its 30-50 mph and 50-70 mph times are slightly better than the somewhat lighter MDX, a testament of how well it performs. It's only a year old, so it is impossible to predict long-term reliability yet. It's likely Honda will drop the ZF 9-speed eventually, as the company intends to use its homegrown 10-speed transmission over the coming decade in all its vehicles powered (or previously powered) by V6 engines.
Old 06-13-2018, 07:42 PM
Advanced

ZF-9 Speed Transmission Problems Continue to Plague Jeep, Fiat, Land Rover, Honda, and Acura Drivers | Lemon Law.com

Those who have been burned by the ZF transmission have recourse via the Lemon Law.

Last edited by Mo_Green; 06-13-2018 at 07:47 PM.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:53 PM
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
So if the 10 speed transmission is a turn off, here is something you can look forward to - an 11 speed triple clutch transmission. https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...triple-clutch/

I personally was happy with Honda's 4 speed and 5 speed AT, Toyota's 6 speed AT, and Audi's 7 speed DCT, but I guess you cannot stop progress.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:59 PM
9th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For the record, I believe this 10 speed at is the same that’s in the accord and the civic type r, but retuned for HP and torque. I do not think it’s the same as what’s in the odyssey. I could be wrong, but I know for sure the accord and civic share it.......
The Civics all have CVTs, at least in the North American market. There are no Civics with the 10AT, especially not Type-Rs which are only available with a manual. The 2.0t '18 Accords come with the 10AT, though.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 168 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by cruiserchuck

My 2016 ILX has the same 8DCT as the TLX and it hasn't had any problems. There was a TSB issue a while back about rough shifting when coming to a stop but truthfully I never noticed that behavior. I had the TSB performed anyway. The TLX is also listed on the TSB. Other than that, I haven't heard of any issues with the 8DCT, at least on the ILX. I don't monitor the TLX forums, however.
Old 06-15-2018, 12:16 AM
Drifting

Received 586 Likes on 432 Posts

If you are going to cite the ZF9HP transmission as a basis for distrusting modern multi-speed transmissions, you should probably read a bit more on what is problematic with that ZF unit.

1) The "creative" use of internal "dog clutches" allowed ZF to essentially cram two transmissions into one short housing that is sufficiently compact for use in transverse applications from compact FWD cars to crossovers. Sadly, that creativity had unintended consequences in terms of drive-ability. Its unpredictable quirks drive some people absolutely nuts, myself included. I couldn't wait to be rid of a 2016 Honda Pilot Touring with that transmission. This has nothing to do with hard mechanical failures, and since it is considered "normal behavior" for this crazy thing, there is no recourse other than moving on to a vehicle not thus equipped.

2) There was a bad production run of a heat exchanger that is specified by ZF for use with the ZF9HP transmission. Those "ATF warmers" are produced by Dana Corp, and they eventually identified the bad batch and Honda initiated a voluntary recall ( campaign ) on vehicles equipped with this transmission that were produced within a particular date range. The warranty extension is part of that campaign. Internal leakage in the "ATF warmer" allows mixing of ATF and engine coolant. This contamination of the ATF causes progressive failure of clutches in the transmission. My Pilot got a new transmission at 40k miles courtesy of this defect. But this hard failure is caused by a component separate from the transmission, the heat exchanger ( "ATF warmer" ).

3) Coincidentally, this isn't the first time heat exchanger failure has caused Honda/Acura transmission failures. An "ATF cooler" internal to the radiator of first-generation MDXs and Pilots was prone to failure, resulting in ( you guessed it ) contamination of the ATF and failure of the transmission. This failure cost me a 5-speed transmission in a 2003 MDX at 153k miles. I wasn't alone. So this type of failure is not unique to current high-gear-count transmissions.

If you don't want to gamble on the new technology, don't. If you wait a few more years, most drivetrains will probably be some kind of plug-in hybrid with electric motors providing the propulsion, and then you'll have to contend with that unknown.

But rotary dial washing machines and 5-speed ( or 3-speed Hydramatic ) automatic transmissions aren't coming back. Sorry.
Froid (06-15-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 03:23 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 875 Likes on 669 Posts
I think the OP has a solid and valid point here. Those of you saying Acura has built solid transmissions are really being kind of untruthful here. We know the issues they had with the early 5AT’s, the early 6AT’s, and the early 8DCT’s and not enough data on the 7DCT. It’s not fair to people to tell them not to worry.

1 year with the odyssey is really nothing. We need more time before we can make a definitive statement that it is solid or not. Acura has a proven track record (pretty much like any other company) of producing the worst cars in the first year or two of production. Those of you buying these new RDX’s are literally guinea pigs for this engine, tranny, drivetrain, electronics.....etc. There is already issues coming out with the early 1.5T engines in some Honda products...let’s not assume it can’t happen here either.

I would wait at least another year or two before buying anything with this engine and transmission. Acura wants 55-60k for the RDX in Canada, that is A LOT of money to gamble on.
The following 2 users liked this post by RDX10:
KeithL (06-15-2018), ZipSpeed (06-15-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 05:54 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 694 Likes on 536 Posts
Originally Posted by RDX10
I think the OP has a solid and valid point here. Those of you saying Acura has built solid transmissions are really being kind of untruthful here. We know the issues they had with the early 5AT’s, the early 6AT’s, and the early 8DCT’s and not enough data on the 7DCT. It’s not fair to people to tell them not to worry.

1 year with the odyssey is really nothing. We need more time before we can make a definitive statement that it is solid or not. Acura has a proven track record (pretty much like any other company) of producing the worst cars in the first year or two of production. Those of you buying these new RDX’s are literally guinea pigs for this engine, tranny, drivetrain, electronics.....etc. There is already issues coming out with the early 1.5T engines in some Honda products...let’s not assume it can’t happen here either.

I would wait at least another year or two before buying anything with this engine and transmission. Acura wants 55-60k for the RDX in Canada, that is A LOT of money to gamble on.
With this logic you will have to wait 3 years to know for sure there are no long term issues, and by that time acura will make 12speed or something. I was the one who got first generation of 5sp, and my 2001CL broke down after warranty, they took care of me. When there is a known issue, Honda usually extends warranty and is being very flexible in covering it after warranty.
honda accord had it for 1 year, has anyone complained? One year is good enough for me
electronics issues can usually be fixed with firmware updates

Old 06-15-2018, 07:18 AM
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by russianDude
With this logic you will have to wait 3 years to know for sure there are no long term issues, and by that time acura will make 12speed or something.

Honda isn't going to abandon the 10-speed so soon, after all it took them years in development work and plan to use it for a decade. But you are absolutely right, Honda already had an 11-speed in development even before the 10-speed went into production, judging by a patent application the company filed. It does not necessarily mean they will actually put it into mass production, but it is out there.
Old 06-15-2018, 07:31 AM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
In a few months, the 2.0/10AT will be a year old in the Accord. By then, any obvious problems should show themselves. Other than that, you do have the lengthy power train warranty. With the pace of automotive advancement, I think you can’t keep waiting for two or three years to see how things turn out.
Old 06-15-2018, 09:04 AM
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I own a TLX with the ZF9 - and its not great at all - but not nearly as bad as some make it out to be. Maybe I am just not as picky as some... Which is possible. I haven't had any problems with it other than the slightly annoying driving characteristics of it.

I have driven the new RDX with Honda's 10 speed and to me the power train is a MASSIVE upgrade over my TLX. Other that knowing its a ten speed - and obviously having alot of gears you can barely notice the thing shift. Its just a gorgeous setup in my opinion. I think its obvious the ZF9 was some sort of stop-gap measure... I am glad they are using a Honda engineered transmission again..

Previous to the my V6 SHAWD TLX I had the 4 cyclinder model with the 8 speed DCT tranny.. That was also fantastic... Much better then than the ZF...
Froid (06-15-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 11:47 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
I have a late 15 build TLX V6 AWD and the ZF9 is junk. I have never seen a tranny have so many inconsistent irregular shifts. I am outside any VIN ranges that they would replace it and have the ECU updates. It has me weary enough that I am hesitating on getting a 19 ASPEC AWD because I am not sure I want to deal with this ZF9 any more.
Rocket_man (06-16-2018)

Quick Reply: 10 Speed Transmission=Turn off.