Technology Get the latest on technology, electronics and software…

sprint pcs driving me nuts

Old 06-04-2004, 10:41 AM
Yeehaw

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts
sprint pcs driving me nuts

A few months ago I resigned with Sprint, a two year contract. I signed for two years because they said I could get nights starting at 7pm for free for the 2 years. The first month, assuming I had free minutes starting at 7...I used my phone a lot. I got a bill for $180 (my plan is $55). They never added the 7pm deal to the account so all the minutes I used between 7-9 I got charged for. I called up and raised hell, but they wouldn't drop the charges. They added the 7pm thing though after half an hour on the phone with some bitch.

So I just got my new bill, and now they are charging me $5 for the 7pm nights feature. What a load of bullshit. Its supposed to be free! Thats the main reason I resigned a two year contract.

Old 06-04-2004, 12:52 PM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My advice to you would be to call them back until you get the service plan that you agreed to or the one that you expect, I can't promise you anything. Hopefully this is a mix-up that can be straightened out, I don't know....because I sure am glad I don't work in the billing department.
Old 06-04-2004, 01:32 PM
What your problem is?

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Sprint PCS sucks, royally... They did the same shit to me.... talk to a manager and get names and customer ID numbers that usually scares them. Also, go and get the name of the sommabitch who sold you the plan and phone.... Tell that a-hole to call them also....(make sure he does that shit in front of you).... that stipulation should be found in your agreement. Good Luck and I hope it works out....
Old 06-04-2004, 01:45 PM
Houses Won't Depreciate?

They should have that in the notes. Whenever there is an offer and a change in your account, they should add that into the customer notes.

Speak with a manager, tell what the hell is going on, and tell them that your are withdrawing the contract because they are not giving you the options they were supposed to.

I extended a2 year contract with cingular, and I have all the added features/promotions in the notes (7pm nights free, 250 bonus minutes minutes to each phone). Everytime I call back for a question/problem and they ask about it I just say to look at the damn notes and then they just shutup.
Old 06-04-2004, 01:49 PM
Yeehaw

I've had pcs for years, I just resigned the plan. No one sold it to me I just called up and added some options. They just seem to have real problems making any changes to peoples accounts. Or maybe its intentional...they always bill me extra for stuff that should be free, but they never charge me less than it should be.

I sent them an email about it...waiting for reply.

One thing I will add...I have had AT&T, MCI (when they had WorldCom , and Verizon...and believe it or not Sprint has been the best by far. I used to get bills from AT&T for $500 every other month, with no explanation. It took hours to get them to fix it. At least with Sprint I can just send an email and they usually take care of it.

Just got a reply from Sprint, problem solved. I guess the 7pm nights thing isn't free...the person who I talked to last time failed to mention that to me
Old 06-04-2004, 01:51 PM
Banned

If you look at the freaking brouchures, it states that adding 7 o'clock for nights and weekends, it is going to cost $5 per months as well signing up for 2 year contract. You're out of luck man.
Old 06-04-2004, 02:02 PM
Yeehaw

Originally Posted by ABChin324
If you look at the freaking brouchures, it states that adding 7 o'clock for nights and weekends, it is going to cost $5 per months as well signing up for 2 year contract. You're out of luck man.

when it first started, there was a big banner on the website that said NIGHTS NOW START AT 7 CALL FOR DETAILS. so I called, and they said I had to resign for two years and I would have nights at 7.

there was never any mention of paying more for it.
Old 06-04-2004, 02:12 PM
The Third Ball

Received 5,079 Likes on 2,696 Posts
I dont deal with sprint over the phone. Dont like dealing with anyone over the phone if i can help it. I'd rather take the time to one of 50 million sprint stores and deal with a real person with a real name, and hard copy of everything i just did. That way, i have more the enough proof.

And as mentioned before...ALWAYS with anyone from any type of phone deal, get member numbers/names.
Old 06-04-2004, 03:34 PM
Yeehaw

you guys are right...don't deal with them over the phone. they are all idiots.

I got everything cleared up through email though. Even found out they dropped the price on my plan to $40 from $45 (for 500 min)...so that works.

I guess you just have to do everything either in the store or online with Sprint. The people working the phones are all morons. Now that I think about it, every single problem I have ever had with Sprint has been from calling in to make changes to my plan. No problems whatsoever though email.
Old 06-05-2004, 03:05 PM
Houses Won't Depreciate?

Originally Posted by BEETROOT
you guys are right...don't deal with them over the phone. they are all idiots.

I got everything cleared up through email though. Even found out they dropped the price on my plan to $40 from $45 (for 500 min)...so that works.

I guess you just have to do everything either in the store or online with Sprint. The people working the phones are all morons. Now that I think about it, every single problem I have ever had with Sprint has been from calling in to make changes to my plan. No problems whatsoever though email.