Technology Get the latest on technology, electronics and software…

Sony Laptop Died - worst tech support

Old 01-16-2004, 10:21 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sony Laptop Died - worst tech support

I went to turn on my Vaio laptop last night and it just had the lights on it light up. So I figured it was a battery issue, so I plugged it in and got the same thing. So today I call up the company I ordered an extended warranty from and then they connected me to Sony since it is only 10mths old. When I got connected to Sony they had this horrible voice command prompt system you have to talk to. So I got a live person that was supposed to be able to speak English, but I doubt he could. I was thinkg "retard retard retard" when he started talking. So he walked through the normal stuff, which didnt work, as expected. So anyway, he decided to transfer me to someone else after he determined the thing didn't work. Basically the mobo burned or something, similar to my dell a couple years back. So this new guy sounds just as retarded as the last guy, but this guy was setting everything up for me to send back the laptop. I am thinking he knew that the thing didn't boot and there is no hard drive activity or anything. He goes through 20mins of stuff and then tells me to "backup any critical data before sending it back" and he says this at least 3 times. He knows damn well the thing isnt working and I am supposed to backup my data? I really just wanted to tell him how stupid he sounded, but he couldn't understand english to begin with. Nothing critical as this box is formatted bi-monthly.
Old 01-16-2004, 10:35 PM
Diamonds are forever...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DAMN I had a sony tech support problem recently also. Its funny...I usually buy a new vaio every year and for the last 4 years have had no problems with them. Even the tech support was awesome...UNTIL...the other night I called with a software question. On the website it says my computer was supposed to come with adobe essentials. I noticed that it wasn't preloaded so I called to ask about it. I get this guy who clearly can't speak english and keeps telling me that even though it says it comes with it on the site it doesn't actually come with it. So I'm like WTF. We start arguing about it and in the end I just asked for my incident # and give him a big fuck you, I'd have done it in his native tongue if I knew how
Old 01-16-2004, 10:36 PM
Fell off my Rocking-Chair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
u guys should head over to the "I hate... " thread