Technology Get the latest on technology, electronics and software…

Sony Ericsson K800i and k790a

Old 04-06-2007, 03:17 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sony Ericsson K800i and k790a

Hey guys, i just got off the phone with Sony Ericsson. I sent in a k800i for repair and i was shocked at the customer service they offer. I feel very upset and feel that everyone should know how i was treated. When i asked to be transferred to a supervisor, i got hung up on.

I was told on the 28th that the phone wasn't repairable so they could only do the k790a replacement. I refused and told them i want a k800i. I realized 2 days later that i was not goin to get anywhere with them. I decided i'll never ever own another SE and i'll get the k790a and sell it on ebay. I called them back on the 30th and requested to do the swap and i was told that the phone will leave out immediately.

THe idiots there call me back on the 4th and ask if i still wanted a k800i and that i'll have to wait a few weeks for it. I was extremely mad to know that they were still working on having my phone shipped out even after telling them i was fine with the k790a. I refrained from saying something even though i wanted to. So they told me i would get a tracking number by the eveing on the 4th or next day and maybe get the phone by end of the week.

Guess what? I called today because i still don't have the tracking and they tell me that they are still working on getting my request processed from the repair center.

The reason i'm goin on and rambling about this matter is because i hope someone reads this and realizes that SE isn't practicing ethical business standards by lying to customers and that i hope it hurts their business. I honestly will never own another SE.

I worked with sony ericsson because they wouldn't replace my k800i for the same but a k790a and i agreed. I was upset that i wasn't going to get the phone i wanted, yet i agreed and settled for th 790a. I know there isn't much of a difference but i wanted a 3g phone and i thought the front camera was cool on the k800i.

What pisses me off even more is that i got a runaround to get my warranty work even processed through SE. They told me to get a invoice from the person i bought it from adn that person gave me a runaround also to get the invoice. I bought the phone from a t-mobile dealer selling unlocked phones. I had the phone for 3 months and the camera shutter got stuck and the phone wouldn't turn on or off.

I'm gonna join the growing market share of nokia and buy a nokia n95. I just bought a LG shine and love it.

I hope this discussion grows big enought to virally infect SE and hurt their business.