Technology Get the latest on technology, electronics and software…

Anyone know of a Motorola Razr V3 NON-Bluetooth headset other than OEM?

Old 07-22-2005, 09:07 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone know of a Motorola Razr V3 NON-Bluetooth headset other than OEM?

Does anyone know of a headset that is NOT Bluetooth that works with the Razr other tnah the OEM (syn0896)? I have Googled it and looked on E-Bay and Yahoo and come up with nothing. I would even settle for an adapter (mini-USB to 2.5mm). Someone recommended one by Samsung on another Forum, but the vendor says it won't work. Thank you VERY much for any help on finding this white elephant!!
Old 07-22-2005, 10:51 AM
Race Director

What are you trying to do? I dont get why you want a NON-Bluetooth Headset?
Old 07-22-2005, 01:30 PM
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Raheel
truly i dont understand either.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:21 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't get it either! It's like someone who has hi-speed internet and wants to go back to dial-up.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:24 PM
Race Director

Maybe he is on his phone like 15 hours of talk time a day or something, and no bluetooth headset has enough battery power to live upto that? Or for music listening for headphones :shrugs: but Razr dont have a MP3 Player
Old 07-24-2005, 10:39 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Raheel
One purpose of using a headset is to eliminate the radiation from the phone going into your head. When you use a Bluetooth headset you are not accomplishing this. I am sure that many people may write back and say that there is not enough radiation to matter and that there is non conclusive evidence to the contrary, however there is enough evidence with high enough stakes that I would rather just have a wire. (People used to say that cigarettes and cocaine weren't bad for you either - just ask Coca-Cola!) So if anyone knows of a wired headset (non-OEM) that would work, please let me know.
Old 08-06-2005, 11:17 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by zaxx
One purpose of using a headset is to eliminate the radiation from the phone going into your head. When you use a Bluetooth headset you are not accomplishing this. I am sure that many people may write back and say that there is not enough radiation to matter and that there is non conclusive evidence to the contrary, however there is enough evidence with high enough stakes that I would rather just have a wire. (People used to say that cigarettes and cocaine weren't bad for you either - just ask Coca-Cola!) So if anyone knows of a wired headset (non-OEM) that would work, please let me know.

You are talking redonkulously! You need to use Google because apparently you don't know what you are talking about.

http://www.telenor.com/csr/radiation/mobile_phones/
Old 08-07-2005, 11:17 AM
Adventurist.

Received 58 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by zaxx
Sorry man, but that is just not true....

Like your quote says.... "stupid thing"
Old 08-08-2005, 03:57 AM
Pro

what's wrong with the OEM one? OEM should work better than aftermarket or anything else.....
Old 08-08-2005, 08:48 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by spatel600
You are talking redonkulously! You need to use Google because apparently you don't know what you are talking about.

http://www.telenor.com/csr/radiation/mobile_phones/
You should seriously consider your sources. You linked to a FAQ from a telecommunications company. What do you think THEY would say. That's like asking your wife if she thinks your girlfriend is pretty. In any case, this thread was not initiated to start a debate about whether or not non-ionizing radiation (which you clearly don't understand) is bad for your health, it was merely to find out if a product exists. If you care enough to get facts before making posts like "use Google", you ought to try just that! If you want to read a site that provides just the opposite opinion try: http://www.live-care.net/index.html

It is very easy to find websites that make a case for both sides of the argument. If you are unsure you can wait for 10 or 20 years for conclusive studies or you can take precautions now, just in case there is a danger. It's your brain.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:55 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by NiteQwill
Sorry man, but that is just not true....

Like your quote says.... "stupid thing"
Provide some hard facts that prove it's not a problem, I would love to see them. "Non-conclusive" is not a hard fact. And my quote... was about exactly this discussion, just because a lot of other people say it is so, doesn't make it so. I would rather agree with you than not. I hope that one day someone proves cell phones are perfectly safe and the increase in brain tumors since cell phones is a coincidence, but I don't think you will ever see a conclusive study that shows that. I guarantee you if you ask everyone you know who talks on cell phones you will find people who get headaches if they talk too long. Try it.