Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

UFC 75: Champion vs Champion - Hype/Discussion thread...

Old 09-14-2007 | 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by JBlueCLS6
http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance...elianenk_sport

Heres Aleks vs. Crocop

Ashame he doesn't have that desire anymore as he had when he wanted to first fight his brother Fedor.

Also these are probably the best commentating team in MMA. Rogan and Rutten would be a great team.
nice fight - and damn, look at crocop now
Old 09-14-2007 | 09:28 PM
I'm your Huckleberry

Just saw this thread and yep just like you guys I'm pissed about the decision vs Hamill. That sux.
Hamill has improved greatly since the show, and although he's still a sloppy standup fighter, he surprised and owned the Count.

Cro Cop ... I was really hoping for a win. Congo looked like he didn't know how to fight the guy,
but Cro Cop looked like a one trick pony who was scared to use his trick. What'd throw? 2 kicks?

I see Fedor beating Randy but Randy has utterly shocked me this year so

Fedor > Sylvia anytime,anywhere
Old 09-14-2007 | 11:03 PM
Banned

OK...just got to see this on the replays and I think I fall in line with most of the commentary....namely that CroCop just didn;t show up and that Hamill got totally jobbed. I really can't understand how one judge had it 30-27 for Brisping, let alone how the other judge had it 29-28 Brisbing.

Was the "live" (first US tape showing) a different edit than what I saw tonight? Really disappointed me that the commentators didn't even mention that Hamill got jobbed. They called the bout the whole time with the lean that he was winning the bout, then after the decision...nothing. If it wasn't such a lopsided fight, i might have second guess my own view of it, but no way.

At some point, UFC/MMA needs to end up segregating some of the functions...I realize they won;t want to give a slice of the pie away, but i'd at least enjoy having fight commentators who are more than shills for the organization who are muzzled from commenting on a bad decision.
Old 09-15-2007 | 10:33 AM
I'm your Huckleberry

You know, I was thinking about it, and I always thought Bisping was a cocky SOB, but I still liked him. He had a reason to be cocky cause he was considered one of the best. An up and coming star with some serious talent. And I still think he's talented.

But he got surprised and clobbered. And then he became the biggest PUNK to come out of UFC since Kendall Grove IMO. I can't believe he acted like he did after the fight. Still pissing me off a week later.