Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

Spygate Part II

Old 02-02-2008, 09:03 PM
Big White Chocolate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Spygate Part II

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...ory?id=3227245

An unnamed source has claimed a New England Patriots employee secretly videotaped the St. Louis Rams' pregame walk-through the day before Super Bowl XXXVI, the Boston Herald reported Saturday.

According to the report, an unnamed source close to the team during the 2001 season said that following the Patriots' walk-through at the Louisiana Superdome, a member of the team's video staff stayed behind and taped the Rams' walk-through
-- a non-contact, no-pads practice at reduced speed in which a team goes through its plays.

The cameraman was not asked to identify himself or produce a press pass and later rode the media shuttle back to the Patriots' hotel, the source told the Herald. It is not known what became of the tape, or whether the cameraman made the tape on his own initiative or at someone else's instruction, according to the report.

Mike Martz, who was St. Louis' head coach during the Super Bowl game in question, spoke to ESPN.com investigative reporter Mike Fish about the allegations.

"I hope that is not true," Martz said. "I have great respect for [Patriots head coach] Bill Belichick. It's hard to believe that is true. It's a serious allegation and I hope it is not true.

"Obviously if there is enough substance to it the league should look into it.''

In responding to the report, Patriots media relations official Stacey James said, "The coaches have no knowledge of it," according to the Herald.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:23 PM
Engineer

Received 76 Likes on 53 Posts
i love how all this shit comes out days before the Superbowl, it really adds to it's credibility...
Old 02-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Big White Chocolate

Originally Posted by savage
i love how all this shit comes out days before the Superbowl, it really adds to it's credibility...
That coupled with this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3226465

makes me think there's at least something.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3227592

Rumors of the Super Bowl videotaping incident first circulated shortly after the "Spygate" affair this past September, in which a Patriots employee was caught taping the New York Jets' signals from the sideline, although ESPN.com has been unable to confirm the rumors. Matt Walsh, a former Patriots video assistant who has suggested he has information potentially embarrassing to the team and the league, has refused comment on whether he played a part in the alleged Super Bowl taping in February 2002.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:09 PM
Big White Chocolate

i love how all this shit comes out days before the Superbowl
Read this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...2&sportCat=nfl
Old 02-03-2008, 12:00 AM
nnInn

Received 1,084 Likes on 646 Posts

It came out because ESPN pushed the issue, they just had to have the come out.

Late in Super Bowl week, Walsh agreed with ESPN and the Times to go on the record as saying he knows damaging information about the Patriots that he will reveal if asked by the NFL.

I don't root for the Pats, this guy Walsh is a bitch, he signed an agreement to say NOTHING about it. He knew what he was doing (if anything because no one has seen it) was against the rules. In Sept the NFL acknowledge that they knew almost every team filmed opponents, but this year said to completely stop it.

All this speculation is just sensational reporting.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:17 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,792 Likes on 13,976 Posts
Lovely...give the Pats more reason to be pissed and motivated to the Giants.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:45 AM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been reading about this too and so far I think its total bullshit. Some guy that gets fired from the patriots years ago decided to release this info right before game day? And on top of it refuses to show the tapes? Sorry but without tapes hes 100% full of shit. And of course the media already assumes is true because its the evil patriots. People need to move on and accept the fact that the patriots beat them because they are a good team.

However, if these guys along with spector are trying to stir things up right before a big game let them. Have you ever heard of adding fuel to the fire? Ask Smith what happens when you piss them off. It doesnt turn on pretty

And for everyone who doesnt know spector is the eagles fan who thinks with all the problems the USA is having that they government needs to get involved and take back the superbowl against the eagles. People need to accept the fact that they lost because new england was the better team.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:26 PM
Engineer

Originally Posted by Yumchah
Lovely...give the Pats more reason to be pissed and motivated to the Giants.

at this point they are not going to show any mercy...
Old 02-13-2008, 08:32 PM
Big White Chocolate

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...=1&type=sports

Bill Belichick has been illegally taping opponents' defensive signals since he became the New England Patriots' coach in 2000, according to Sen. Arlen Specter, who said NFL commissioner Roger Goodell told him that during a meeting Wednesday.

"There was confirmation that there has been taping since 2000, when Coach Belichick took over," Specter said.

Specter said Goodell gave him that information during the 1-hour, 40-minute meeting, which was requested by Specter so the commissioner could explain his reasons for destroying the Spygate tapes and notes.

"There were a great many questions answered by Commissioner Goodell," Specter, the senior Republican on the Senate Judiciary Committee, told reporters after the meeting. "I found a lot of questions unanswerable because of the tapes and notes had been destroyed."
Old 02-13-2008, 08:57 PM
nnInn

The whole damn league did it, that's why every team got a letter before the start of last season. He didn't stop and got caught, he paid 500K, the team 250K and lost a first round draft choice. Case and subject close.

The fucking Senate and the House (Henry Waxhole and Arlene Sphixter) need to get on with getting this Country back on it's feet. All this fucking money and time on this BULLSHIT!!!
Old 02-13-2008, 09:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jupitersolo
The whole damn league did it, that's why every team got a letter before the start of last season. He didn't stop and got caught, he paid 500K, the team 250K and lost a first round draft choice. Case and subject close.

The fucking Senate and the House (Henry Waxhole and Arlene Sphixter) need to get on with getting this Country back on it's feet. All this fucking money and time on this BULLSHIT!!!
I doubt the whole league was doing it. That's a bad assumption. If someone in a company gets caught using equipment for personal business, I'm sure the entire company would receive memo warning about such actions - perfectly reasonable.

I agree though that the government needs to stop wasting our tax dolars on this.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:36 PM
nnInn

It's not an assumption, I saw it on TV. Don't remember where most likely ESPN.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:49 PM
Engineer

Originally Posted by jupitersolo
It's not an assumption, I saw it on TV. Don't remember where most likely ESPN.

i remember seeing something similar... why do you think that all the other coaching staffs aren't up in arms...
Old 02-14-2008, 08:05 AM
nnInn

They were talking about it again, last night on NFL Live. Saying that if they ONLY look at the Pats, it's a bullshit inquiry.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:23 AM
Drifting

Received 113 Likes on 69 Posts
Spector: "So lets see, we have this war in Iraq going on, that's pretty bad I guess. We also are in the midst of an economic slowdown that could cause a serious recession, and the patriots taped football games... HOLY SHIT, we gotta get on this one..."

He should just let the commissioner deal with it and concentrate on real issues. This isn't like the Mitchell Report where illegal substances may have been used.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:30 AM
Big White Chocolate

Specter is just mad that the Patriots beat his Eagles.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:43 AM
nnInn

Originally Posted by te3point5
Spector: "So lets see, we have this war in Iraq going on, that's pretty bad I guess. We also are in the midst of an economic slowdown that could cause a serious recession, and the patriots taped football games... HOLY SHIT, we gotta get on this one..."

He should just let the commissioner deal with it and concentrate on real issues. This isn't like the Mitchell Report where illegal substances may have been used.
They are not illegal substances, they are prescription drugs being used illegally. That is not a duty of the Congress to investigate. There is too much shit going on for these pinheads to be wasting time with hearings on Capitol Hill.

And now Waxhole says they shouldn't even have had the hearings, he's sorry for holding them. He's the one who order them!!!!
Old 05-27-2021, 11:18 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,792 Likes on 13,976 Posts
The cover up: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...pygate-scandal

Patriots = franchise