Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

Olympics: Chinese Accused of Using Underage Athletes **Medal Stripped (page 8)**

Old 08-14-2008, 09:41 AM
Drive FAst and Swirve

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Black CL-S 4-Life
Yeah they're cheating thier asses off. No way these girls are 16 and it's ridiculous the IOC won't do anything about it. It's obvious these girls are around 10, 11 or 12. Do they think we're that stupid?
The IOC wont do anything about it b/c they are a whore of an organization, they got paid and here's your results.....always comes down to money
Old 08-14-2008, 10:04 AM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
I don't think they are. Although I haven't read the previous 41 posts.

I dated a gymnast when she was 15/16 and she looked 12, maybe 13 at most. Kinda weird.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:16 AM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by subinf
I don't think they are. Although I haven't read the previous 41 posts.

I dated a gymnast when she was 15/16 and she looked 12, maybe 13 at most. Kinda weird.

Read the posts. The NY Times ownz China
Old 08-14-2008, 10:17 AM

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts
Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX
A few of them definitely look questionable to me, but the smallest one seriously looks about 10, 12 at most. 68 pounds? WTF. This honestly does not surprise me, though. China is so wrapped up in making themselves look good for these Games that I don't doubt they'd cheat to win a few events. For a country that is so worried about saving face and being honorable, this is really truly a disgrace. And the IOC is even worse for not doing anything about it. They should be treating this just the same as doping, yet they are doing nothing, for fear of "offending" the host country. It's terrible.

With their attitude about the games in general and their obsession to dominate everyone by any means necessary, I don't think anyone can be surprised that some cheating allegations have come up.

I'm all about good competition, but cheating is just pathetic.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:18 AM
I disagree with unanimity

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
The judges are Chinese, the gymnasts are underage, and the Chinese have 22 gold medals. Seems fair to me.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:23 AM
One on the right for me

Ahh. Yeah. Not good.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:27 AM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Originally Posted by sho_nuff1997
The judges are Chinese, the gymnasts are underage, and the Chinese have 22 gold medals. Seems fair to me.

The Chinese are not known at all to cheat at anything........from watches, to purses, to sunglasses, to software, to cars....to athletes......it's quite clear they abide by the rules.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:27 AM
Team Owner

Okay. What's the over/under on how many days until this story is all over Bill O'Reilly every night? Sending his producers to the houses of IOC officials, etc.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:30 AM
Not Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts
Take Phelps out of the picture the US would only have 5 golds, Cycling, Fencing, Shooting, Women's swimming and Pierson in individual swimming... not counting the Men's swim team. China either by the judges or players is dominating! In 2004 the US had 35 golds to China's 32, but we had 103 to 63 in total medals!
Old 08-14-2008, 10:40 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Bdog
Take Phelps out of the picture the US would only have 5 golds, Cycling, Fencing, Shooting, Women's swimming and Pierson in individual swimming... not counting the Men's swim team. China either by the judges or players is dominating! In 2004 the US had 35 golds to China's 32, but we had 103 to 63 in total medals!
We're only 6 days into the Games. Has track & field even started? We dominate there too.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:45 AM
Not Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts
^ No, medals start tomorrow, still have 10 days to go!

http://www.nbcolympics.com/resultsan...les/index.html
Old 08-14-2008, 10:51 AM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I guess this proves "its not whether you win or lose but how you play the game" is the biggest BS ever.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:52 AM
The sizzle in the Steak

Originally Posted by Trackruner228
Well I guess this proves "its not whether you win or lose but how you play the game" is the biggest BS ever.
The rule is: If you're not cheating, you're not trying.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:58 AM
Team Owner

Google > China

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=1&gl=us

http://chinadigitaltimes.net/2008/08...d-is-he-kexin/

Translated:

http://translate.google.com/translat...hl=en&ie=UTF-8
Old 08-14-2008, 11:04 AM
Return of the Ring

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
So she's 14 years old now. Oops...
Old 08-14-2008, 11:07 AM
Unofficial Goat

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts

While you can't believe everything on the internet, this is pretty appalling.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:09 AM
I'm Down Right Fierce!

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
I'm asian and even I have a hard time believing that the girl in the far right on the OP's picture is 16. I'd say probably 13 or 14 at most.

With that being said, what can we do? The Chinese issued Passports said they're 16. You expect the Olympic committee to start a full on investigation into the Chinese government and their issuance of forged passports? Yeah right. It's not like testing for steroids, where you subject an athlete to a blood/urine test; no committee is going to even suggest investigating a nation's government.

Also, did many of you guys watch the Women's gymnastics team finals? In all honesty, the USA lost it for themselves. My beloved Alicia Sacramone fell twice: once on her mount onto the balance beam, and then another time during her floor routine.

Yeah there's the whole, "If China didn't exist, the US would've won Gold" argument. But honestly it just comes off as whining. At the end of the day, those supposedly 16 year old Chinese girls were outstanding gymnasts and deserved the Gold. I still don't understand why a 14 year old gymnast would/could out perform a 16/18/20 year old? The only real argument I read was that younger girls are more fearless, but physically you have to figure a 16-20 year old should be much stronger.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:10 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by ZeroPSI

Not like they don't do the same thing here and every other place....I also think the girls are very young, and it is said that they are picked at 3 yrs of age. USA cheats too....
Old 08-14-2008, 11:12 AM
Unofficial Goat

Originally Posted by BraveDemon
I'm asian and even I have a hard time believing that the girl in the far right on the OP's picture is 16. I'd say probably 13 or 14 at most.

With that being said, what can we do? The Chinese issued Passports said they're 16. You expect the Olympic committee to start a full on investigation into the Chinese government and their issuance of forged passports? Yeah right. It's not like testing for steroids, where you subject an athlete to a blood/urine test; no committee is going to even suggest investigating a nation's government.

Also, did many of you guys watch the Women's gymnastics team finals? In all honesty, the USA lost it for themselves. My beloved Alicia Sacramone fell twice: once on her mount onto the balance beam, and then another time during her floor routine.

Yeah there's the whole, "If China didn't exist, the US would've won Gold" argument. But honestly it just comes off as whining. At the end of the day, those supposedly 16 year old Chinese girls were outstanding gymnasts and deserved the Gold. I still don't understand why a 14 year old gymnast would/could out perform a 16/18/20 year old? The only real argument I read was that younger girls are more fearless, but physically you have to figure a 16-20 year old should be much stronger.
They have to be stronger because they are bigger.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:15 AM
COME AT ME BRO!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I will say this, I think thatthe gymnastics girls had a few girls that should not have competed age wise. However, I do respect the skill sets that these KIDS have accomplished at such a young age. To think by the time the next games roll around they will be seasoned vets at the olympics. I think theymay have cheated age wise but, they damn sure had the skills to win. That very young girl doing the uneven bars, NO ONE could do the stuff that she does (no age matters when you that type of skill) Do I think they cheated yes, but in a way no. They may have lied about the age but the girls damn sure earned their place on the world stage IMHO.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:18 AM
Unofficial Goat

Originally Posted by evilone
I will say this, I think thatthe gymnastics girls had a few girls that should not have competed age wise. However, I do respect the skill sets that these KIDS have accomplished at such a young age. To think by the time the next games roll around they will be seasoned vets at the olympics. I think theymay have cheated age wise but, they damn sure had the skills to win. That very young girl doing the uneven bars, NO ONE could do the stuff that she does (no age matters when you that type of skill) Do I think they cheated yes, but in a way no. They may have lied about the age but the girls damn sure earned their place on the world stage IMHO.
The girls definitely earned the medal there's no question about that. It's about sportsmanship though. Look at the article about the shooting event, it seems this mentality is everywhere.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:23 AM
GEEZER

Received 2,227 Likes on 1,421 Posts
carbon dating?
Old 08-14-2008, 11:26 AM
COME AT ME BRO!

Originally Posted by The Dougler
The girls definitely earned the medal there's no question about that. It's about sportsmanship though. Look at the article about the shooting event, it seems this mentality is everywhere.
I completely understand. However this IS CHINA were talking about, for how much progress their country may have made in the last 30 yrs or so, it's still an authoritarian state. If Mao say you compete guess what you compete. It's just like the little girl who sang the opening ceremony. It came out she lip synced the song and wasn't even really the girl who wrote or sang it. They just used her because she was better looking than the real girl. Which says more about that country than anything imho.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:26 AM
What Would Don Draper Do?

i'm asian too, and i do not believe the girls are 15 or 16. i know that asians tend to be smaller and look younger, but these girls look nothing like teenagers that i know.

what can they do?

or perhaps the better question is what would they be willing to do?

it's like everyone's tiptoeing around china and their "coming out party" and doesn't want to offend them.

true. the US team can only blame themselves.

but i don't think the issue is "if china didn't exist, the US would have won the gold."

to me, the bigger issue is that china, allegedly, broke the rules. and that's a problem for me.

i could care less if japan or russia or whomever finished second.

with that said, however, the girls were amazing.

and a 16-20 year old may be stronger, but read the rest of the thread.

a younger girl is more flexible and lighter. and as mentioned, puberty (bewbs, butt, thighs, etc) creates a difference in balance and tumbling. very similar to figure skating.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by sho_nuff1997
Acutally, aren' the judges from different countries? Isn't that it's always been?

Either way, being chinese myself, these girls look to me like they are 9-10 yr olds no kidding. Are they earning the medals? Yes. It's going to be tough to prove their age with the Chinese gov't involved. At least the steriod users were of age
Old 08-14-2008, 11:29 AM
The sizzle in the Steak

Originally Posted by elessar
So she's 14 years old now. Oops...
That was a miss-print...an error in reporting. She is 16 years old.....see, here is her Government issued China Passport to prove it.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:29 AM
Unofficial Goat

Originally Posted by JediMindTricks
(bewbs, butt, thighs, etc)
That's what it's all about.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:32 AM
I'm Down Right Fierce!

and a 16-20 year old may be stronger, but read the rest of the thread.

a younger girl is more flexible and lighter. and as mentioned, puberty (bewbs, butt, thighs, etc) creates a difference in balance and tumbling. very similar to figure skating.
Kind of a joke. But some Asian girls seem to never go through puberty: No bewbies, bootys or thighs on some of them who are well over 16.

Oh noes!
Old 08-14-2008, 11:35 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
Originally Posted by evilone
i agree

is everyone bitter that a 13-14 yr old girl was good enough to pwn everyone and would this even be a topic of discussion if China didn't even metal??? i can understand if they are understating ages to get more senior and experienced girls to dominate junior leagues but this just goes to show that a 13-14 yr old girl was able to push her skill beyond the limit of anyone beyond her level... if she is good enough to compete with those of 16 yr olds then hell yes let her...

if the gov't worked to falsify her age in order to get her on the team, i agree that it isn't right. perhaps the right thing to do was appeal the age requirement to the IOC... but noone can doubt that she and the China team is not good enough to kick butt and earn those golds...
Old 08-14-2008, 11:38 AM
One on the right for me

^ - Does any gymnast?
Old 08-14-2008, 11:40 AM
Team Owner

I still don't understand why a 14 year old gymnast would/could out perform a 16/18/20 year old? The only real argument I read was that younger girls are more fearless, but physically you have to figure a 16-20 year old should be much stronger.
Flexibility. Look at the weight of the US girls vs the Chinese girls. Average of 30lbs heavier. Those 30lbs are in their ass, thighs, hips, and chest. All of which affect how flexible the girls are.

At least according to the sources quoted in the NY Times stories.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:43 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by KaMLuNg
but noone can doubt that she and the China team is not good enough to kick butt and earn those golds...
How many other teams would be good enough to beat China if they too cheated?

That entire argument is thrown out the window when there isn't a level playing field. Which is the reason why there's an age requirement, drug testing, etc.

China is playing by their own set of rules. Period.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:43 AM
Unofficial Goat

So the million dollar question is do these chinese kids have Drivers licenses too?
Old 08-14-2008, 11:44 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by The Dougler
So the million dollar question is do these chinese kids have Drivers licenses too?

Unless their driving themselves to practice, I doubt it.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:46 AM
I'm Down Right Fierce!

those 30lbs could also be due to genetic differences?

I'm 5'11 and 145 lbs, and I use 85 dumbbells when I bench press (3 sets of 10). I don't look like a guy who can bench press 170 with dumbbells; I'm usually the thinnest guy who works out at the heavy end of the weight racks. I get plenty of looks from much larger guys who are surprised that I can use the same weights they are.

But yeah mrsteve. It disgusts me that the Chinese government would cheat just to earn a chance to be on the world stage. I'm disgusted with China more than I am with those girls who competed. At least our Olympic atheletes are hotter then theirs.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:47 AM
What Would Don Draper Do?

Originally Posted by KaMLuNg
i agree

is everyone bitter that a 13-14 yr old girl was good enough to pwn everyone and would this even be a topic of discussion if China didn't even metal??? i can understand if they are understating ages to get more senior and experienced girls to dominate junior leagues but this just goes to show that a 13-14 yr old girl was able to push her skill beyond the limit of anyone beyond her level... if she is good enough to compete with those of 16 yr olds then hell yes let her...

if the gov't worked to falsify her age in order to get her on the team, i agree that it isn't right. perhaps the right thing to do was appeal the age requirement to the IOC... but noone can doubt that she and the China team is not good enough to kick butt and earn those golds...
i don't think anyone is bitter that the chinese girls won the gold and/or beat the US, and i think we all agree that the athletes deserve our respect for doing so well.

and personally, yes, it still would be an issue to me if china didn't even win a medal.

true, if they're good enough to compete against older girls, that's great. but rules are rules.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:58 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 08-14-2008, 12:00 PM
nnInn

Received 1,084 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally Posted by mrsteve
How many other teams would be good enough to beat China if they too cheated?

That entire argument is thrown out the window when there isn't a level playing field. Which is the reason why there's an age requirement, drug testing, etc.

China is playing by their own set of rules. Period.

As did the former USSR and the satellite Countries, as soon as The Wall fell, so did their athletes on winning in International competition. Playing by the rules.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:09 PM
COME AT ME BRO!

i don't think anyone is bitter that the chinese girls won the gold and/or beat the US, and i think we all agree that the athletes deserve our respect for doing so well.

and personally, yes, it still would be an issue to me if china didn't even win a medal.

true, if they're good enough to compete against older girls, that's great. but rules are rules.
See I completely agree. I however don't feel the girls cheated as much as their team reps. The girls where selected and told they have to compete to earn respect for their country, seeing as how it's more important to most athletes to win "at home". The girls just did what they were told to do. I really don't see this going any further any interweb arguments. The IoC is hardly going to strip them of their medals. Unfortunately the girls are going to be the ones who suffer, because forever these games will sadly be know as China's games (where they cheated in order to win). Kind of like how baseball will forever be know (for a length of time) as the steroid era. We all lose in this situation. I really hope that the girls from the China team step up to the plate at the next games and prove to the world that they really did earn those medals. (if they beat us that is lol)
Old 08-14-2008, 12:13 PM
There's alot of asian in

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by RaviNJCLs
I'm having problems believing they are 16. I say cut their legs off and count the rings. You can do that, right?
only if they get a silver or bronze, then u dont have to do it but their government will

also i think this should be in the sport area, since its related to the olympic

Quick Reply: Olympics: Chinese Accused of Using Underage Athletes **Medal Stripped (page 8)**