Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

NFL: Michael Vick Saga **Signs with Eagles (page 13)**

Old 08-27-2007, 12:00 PM
horny =

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by hornyleprechaun
Vick is the most idolized athlete in Atlanta.

It's going to be a 2-14 season with the 2 wins being against the Bucs.
Just imagine everything that you hate most in the world and imagine the gif as your avatar.

Can't wait.....
Old 08-27-2007, 01:03 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by slayer202
anyone else find it disgusting that people are outside the courtroom supporting him?
+1

Fucking douche bags...
Old 08-27-2007, 01:30 PM
Bent = #1

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by bent09
Just imagine everything that you hate most in the world and imagine the gif as your avatar.

Can't wait.....

I hate girls in bikinis...
Old 08-27-2007, 01:31 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by Yumchah
Sure...but, you're also glazing over the fact that hitting your wife is fine...?
Of course its not fine, but its not murder either. And the Michael Pittman thing was before the new commish.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:10 PM
horny =

Originally Posted by joerockt
Of course its not fine, but its not murder either. And the Michael Pittman thing was before the new commish.

And technically he never beat his wife. He simply T-boned her to keep her from leaving.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vick = , , and
fo sho!
Old 08-27-2007, 05:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,632 Likes on 13,881 Posts
Originally Posted by joerockt
Okay sure...but neither is Vick's case here. He's killing dogs in a cruel manner but that isn't manslaughter/murder.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:40 PM
Senior Moderator

^ And just to clarify, I'm just saying...again, there is absolutely no excuse for what Michael Sick did.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

I'm glad to see people supporting Vick, not becasue I admire what they're doing in itself, but if only to provide some balance to the PETA freaks who care more about animals than people.

I don't get the gambling thing...I understand that gambling is ilegal in Virginia but people keep bring it up as if it was immoral in itself, or it's brought up in the context of football. Vick did not bet on games. And the gambling issue to me is a non-issue - people who gamble are not imoral, even if it so happens to be ilegal. Not all laws have anything to do with morality. Maybe I'm missing something wrong as far as the gambling charges.

The arguemnt that hunters hunt for population control is funny, as if all hunters have this in mind. I know several hunters, and they aren't hunting for some noble cause of restoring some ecological balance. they're hunting for the sport and thrill of the kill - period.

I've also seen idiots argue that people who abuse animals move on to people and become crazy serial killers. Actually, evidence shows that many serial killers and those that abuse other folks have some history of animal abuse, but the reverse correlation in the same magnitude is not necessarily true nor proven. It is not a fact that most people who havve abused animals go on to become crazy killers. This twisting of facts from PETA and the Humane society.

Anyways, Vick should pay for what he did - nothing deserves to be abused or tortured. But there's a perspecive problem in this country.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:06 PM
Just dial 1911

Okay sure...but neither is Vick's case here. He's killing dogs in a cruel manner but that isn't manslaughter/murder.
Tell that to the ASPCA and the Federal Govt. As you can see, murdering dogs is almost as bad as it is to humans. That's why its a big deal. Are you getting it yet?
Old 08-27-2007, 10:14 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by lowpost
I don't get the gambling thing...I understand that gambling is ilegal in Virginia but people keep bring it up as if it was immoral in itself, or it's brought up in the context of football. Vick did not bet on games. And the gambling issue to me is a non-issue - people who gamble are not imoral, even if it so happens to be ilegal. Not all laws have anything to do with morality. Maybe I'm missing something wrong as far as the gambling charges.
It has nothing to do with morality, it has to do with the rules of the NFL. And those rules say that if you gamble in such a way that it brings discredit to the NFL, then you are subject to a lifetime ban. Its up to the commish to determine this. Honestly, I think they should go ahead with this in the next few months. This way, the guy will have absolutely no hope while in jail.

I think what was at issue was the fact that he was doing it across state lines, which is a big no-no and violates the RICO act.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Vick's, you know, statement...you know?

Michael Vick's statement following his guilty plea in U.S. District Court in Richmond, Va., to a dogfighting conspiracy charge:

"For most of my life, I've been a football player, not a public speaker, so, you know, I really don't know, you know, how to say what I really want to say.

You know, I understand it's -- it's important or not important, you know, as far as what you say but how you say things. So, you know, I take this opportunity just to speak from the heart.

First, I want to apologize, you know, for all the things that -- that I've done and that I have allowed to happen. I want to personally apologize to commissioner Goodell, Arthur Blank, coach Bobby Petrino, my Atlanta Falcons teammates, you know, for our -- for our previous discussions that we had. And I was not honest and forthright in our discussions, and, you know, I was ashamed and totally disappointed in myself to say the least.

I want to apologize to all the young kids out there for my immature acts and, you know, what I did was, what I did was very immature so that means I need to grow up.

I totally ask for forgiveness and understanding as I move forward to bettering Michael Vick the person, not the football player.

I take full responsibility for my actions. For one second will I sit right here -- not for one second will I sit right here and point the finger and try to blame anybody else for my actions or what I've done.

I'm totally responsible, and those things just didn't have to happen. I feel like we all make mistakes. It's just I made a mistake in using bad judgment and making bad decisions. And you know, those things, you know, just can't happen.

Dog fighting is a terrible thing, and I did reject it.

I'm upset with myself, and, you know, through this situation I found Jesus and asked him for forgiveness and turned my life over to God. And I think that's the right thing to do as of right now.

Like I said, for this -- for this entire situation I never pointed the finger at anybody else, I accepted responsibility for my actions of what I did and now I have to pay the consequences for it. But in a sense, I think it will help, you know, me as a person. I got a lot to think about in the next year or so.

I offer my deepest apologies to everybody out in there in the world who was affected by this whole situation. And if I'm more disappointed with myself than anything it's because of all the young people, young kids that I've let down, who look at Michael Vick as a role model. And to have to go through this and put myself in this situation, you know, I hope that every young kid out there in the world watching this interview right now who's been following the case will use me as an example to using better judgment and making better decisions.

Once again, I offer my deepest apologies to everyone. And I will redeem myself. I have to.

So I got a lot of down time, a lot of time to think about my actions and what I've done and how to make Michael Vick a better person.

Thank you."
Old 08-27-2007, 11:48 PM
Senior Moderator

The line from Mr. Stephon Marbury of the Knicks...

"From what I hear, dogfighting is a sport. It's just behind closed doors.''
Old 08-28-2007, 08:35 AM
Instructor

I actually just watched the video of his speech. It was relatively sincere up until the point where "he found jesus"
Old 08-28-2007, 09:52 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by docbass
I actually just watched the video of his speech. It was relatively sincere up until the point where "he found jesus"
Well gee...how sincere do you think he is at this point regardless of his crime? He just got suspended indefinitely by the NFL. His team has all but given up on him and are now trying to reclaim the signing bonus. All of his endorsement deals have gone belly up...

I'd say he's sorry alright. So, if anything...his sorryness for being so thoroughly owned is probably making him sincere.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:08 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Immature people TP houses and put shaving cream on door nobs. They laugh when someone says Vagina.

THEY DO NOT MURDER and TORTURE ANIMALS.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:18 AM
GSI
Three Wheelin'

Mike said no matter what he did........

Last edited by gsi00154; 08-28-2007 at 10:23 AM.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:37 PM
nnInn

Received 1,084 Likes on 646 Posts
State Charges Filed

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n3295687.shtml

Michael Vick and three co-defendants were indicted by a grand jury Tuesday on state charges related to a dog-fighting ring operated on Vick's Virginia property.

Vick, who already pleaded guilty in federal court to a dog-fighting conspiracy charge and is awaiting sentencing on Dec. 10, was indicted for beating or killing or causing dogs to fight other dogs and engaging in or promoting dog-fighting.

The grand jury passed on indicting the Atlanta Falcons quarterback and two co-defendants on eight counts of animal cruelty, which would have exposed them to as many as 40 years in prison if convicted
Old 09-25-2007, 02:31 PM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
RBC sues Michael Vick over $2.5M loan

Sep 25, 2007 02:44 PM
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

NEWPORT NEWS, Va. – Royal Bank of Canada (TSX: RY) is suing suspended Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick for more than $2.3 million (dollar figures U.S.).

The Toronto-based bank argues that his guilty plea to federal dogfighting charges and the resulting impact on his career have prevented him from repaying a loan.

Vick borrowed $2.5 million in January with plans to use the money for real estate investments, Royal Bank said in the lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in Newport News.

The loan's terms specify that any employment change reducing Vick's income constitutes a default on the loan, according to the lawsuit.

Last month, Vick pleaded guilty to bankrolling a dogfighting ring at a property he owned in Surry County, near his hometown of Newport News.

Vick faces up to five years in prison when he is sentenced in December, has been indefinitely suspended without pay and has lost all his major sponsors, including Nike. On Tuesday, he was indicted on state charges related to dogfighting.

"The criminal charges, and resulting impact on the defendant's employment ... materially affect his ability to repay the term note," the bank said in the lawsuit.

The bank is demanding $2,313,694.37, plus $499 in interest per day, starting Sept. 19, as well as lawyer's fees.

Vick's lawyers did not immediately return phone messages Tuesday.
http://www.thestar.com/Business/article/260372
Old 09-26-2007, 10:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Post Special conditions placed on Vick after positive marijuana test

More roh-oh for Vick...

From ESPN...

RICHMOND, Va. -- Michael Vick is now likely one misstep from jail.

The disgraced Atlanta Falcons quarterback tested positive for marijuana earlier this month, a violation of the conditions of his release as he awaits sentencing in federal court on a dogfighting charge that already jeopardizes his freedom and career.

Now, he's incurred the ire of the judge who could sentence him to up to five years in prison in the dogfighting case. On the day of Vick's guilty plea, U.S. District Judge Henry Hudson warned that he wouldn't be amused by any additional trouble.

Hudson, who will sentence Vick on Dec. 10, on Wednesday ordered him confined to his Virginia home between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. with electronic monitoring. He also must submit to random drug testing.

If Vick fails another drug test, he likely will wind up like co-defendant Quanis Phillips -- incarcerated since his Aug. 17 plea hearing. Phillips failed a drug test when he had the electronic monitoring and random drug testing requirements.

Vick's positive urine sample was submitted Sept. 13, according to a document by a federal probation officer that was filed in U.S. District Court on Wednesday.

Because Vick violated the conditions of his release, Hudson could take that into consideration during sentencing, said Linda Malone, a criminal procedure expert and Marshall-Wythe Foundation professor of law at the College of William and Mary.

"Every judge considers pretty seriously if they feel that the defendant has flaunted the conditions for release," she said.

"It's certainly not a smart thing to do."

Especially not when his behavior is being watched so closely, not only by the court that allowed him to remain free, but by the public whose forgiveness he's seeking.

In Atlanta, Vick's one-time teammates tried to distance themselves from his latest troubles.

"That's the last thing I'm worried about," linebacker Keith Brooking said at the Falcons' suburban practice facility. "We're 0-3. We're trying to get a win."

Safety Lawyer Milloy agreed.

"I just want to play ball," he said. "I'm so tired of talking about everything else, stuff we can't control that has nothing to do with us."

The failed drug test is just the latest legal trouble for the 27-year-old Vick.

On Tuesday, Vick was indicted on state charges of beating or killing or causing dogs to fight other dogs and engaging in or promoting dogfighting. Each felony is punishable by up to five years in prison. His arraignment on that is set for Oct. 3.

The former Virginia Tech star was placed under pretrial release supervision by U.S. Magistrate Dennis Dohnal in July. The restrictions included refraining from use or unlawful possession of narcotic drugs or other controlled substances.

The random drug testing ordered Wednesday could include urine testing, the wearing of a sweat patch, a remote alcohol testing system or any form of prohibited substance screening or testing. Hudson's order also requires Vick to participate in inpatient or outpatient substance therapy and mental health counseling if the pretrial services officer or supervising officer deem it appropriate. Vick must pay for the treatment.

Vick's lead attorney, Billy Martin, also is representing Idaho Sen. Larry Craig, who pleaded guilty in an airport sex sting. During a press conference about Craig, Martin was asked to comment on Vick. He deflected the question, saying only, "I'm sure that in the future we'll have something to say regarding Mr. Vick, but not now."

In January, Vick was cleared by police of any wrongdoing after his water bottle was seized by security at Miami International Airport. Police said it smelled of marijuana and had a hidden compartment that contained a "small amount of dark particulate."

Lab tests found no evidence of drugs, and Vick explained that he used the secret compartment to carry jewelry.

The federal dogfighting case began in late April when authorities conducting a drug investigation of Vick's cousin raided the property Vick owns in Surry County and seized dozens of dogs, most of them pit bulls, and equipment associated with dogfighting.

Vick initially denied any knowledge of the enterprise, then pledged after he was charged that he would fight to clear his name. After Phillips and two other co-defendants pleaded guilty, Vick followed suit and admitted in a written plea to bankrolling the enterprise and helping to kill eight dogs that performed poorly.

Vick was the only defendant not placed on electronic monitoring at the arraignments because he was the only one with no criminal record, the U.S. Attorney's office said.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:34 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
What a fucking dumb shit
Old 09-27-2007, 07:11 AM

idiotic move after idiotic move...

did someone post the story about how he's being sued by a Canadian bank he got a loan from? lol
Old 09-27-2007, 10:00 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by sonnyg80
idiotic move after idiotic move...

did someone post the story about how he's being sued by a Canadian bank he got a loan from? lol
Um yes, you dingis...it's the post right above mine regarding his weed problem.

Old 09-27-2007, 05:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sonnyg80
Um yes, you dingis...it's the post right above mine regarding his weed problem.

Originally Posted by subinf
What a fucking dumb shit
Old 09-27-2007, 06:22 PM
Three Wheelin'

my man is going away for awhile...let him have his herb. not a big deal
Old 09-27-2007, 06:44 PM
Banned

^ although I don't think that weed hurts anyone any more than cigarettes, beer, or liquor, I do know that he was given a specific list of things he can't do & that's definitely one of them. His attitude about this is just rediculous - that 'apology' was the lamest thing I've ever witnessed & no one can possibly take him serious now. Give me a break (in general, not you, lowpost)
Old 09-27-2007, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by revitupwriteitoff
hey hey, it wasn't in that order you dingleberry!
Old 09-28-2007, 06:22 AM
Bent = #1

^ You guys have to think if you are going to be in jail for 5 years you would do as much shit as possible before I got locked up. He is already screwed, so he might as well enjoy the time he has now before he gets locked up.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:58 AM
Banned

^ but at the risk of stretching that 5 years into 10, 15, etc?? He's just behaving like a spoiled child.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:14 AM

^ You guys have to think if you are going to be in jail for 5 years you would do as much shit as possible before I got locked up. He is already screwed, so he might as well enjoy the time he has now before he gets locked up.
So he could possibly get MORE years added on? Fuck that...i'd stick to pretending to have learned my lesson...
Old 09-28-2007, 07:22 AM
Bent = #1

I thought there was a max in the sentence of 5 years for the dog fighting? He can't get more time added for In most states that is a misdemeanor, not a felony.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:22 AM

I thought there was a max in the sentence of 5 years for the dog fighting? He can't get more time added for In most states that is a misdemeanor, not a felony.
Understandable - but doesn't look good on his credibility and him telling his family, friends and fans he'll be a changed man, he saw god, etc etc.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:26 AM
Bent = #1

First if you believe in god, you have to believe he created Earth. Now if he created Earth and everything on it, then he created Thus, it is a logical conclusion that god does not discriminate against
Old 09-28-2007, 07:30 AM

First if you believe in god, you have to believe he created Earth. Now if he created Earth and everything on it, then he created Thus, it is a logical conclusion that god does not discriminate against
loll fine, go smoke the fuck up
Old 09-28-2007, 07:36 AM
Banned

he also invented rocks, so beating you in the head with one is alright b/c that's one of the uses of a rock that I prefer to utilize?
Old 09-28-2007, 07:46 AM
Bent = #1

No he didn't invent rocks. He invented carbon, and other elements. When compressed by high pressure, these elements form into solid substances, known as rocks. If god knew you were going to hit me in the head with a rock, he simply would not have created you.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:48 AM

:ibmtoR&P:
Old 09-28-2007, 07:53 AM
GSI
Three Wheelin'

I supported Mike through all of his "problems," but I am officially no longer a Vick apologist. After testing positive for weed he deserves everything that he gets come sentencing time. This also makes that airport water bottle fiasco look like he had something like weed to hide. At the end of the day you just can't help someone that doesn't want help.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:57 AM
Bent = #1

^You guys are in denial if you dont' believe a vast majority of athletes smoke.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:23 AM
Banned

^You guys are in denial if you dont' believe a vast majority of athletes smoke.

I'm not sure, but I would image he feels as I do: I don't care if the guy smokes, but he was retarded about it both times - 1) taking it into an airport??!?! wtf is wrong with you - you make that much money & can't get a good dealer that will get it to you wherever you are? 2) smoking when you're dangling above the lava pit that is the dog fighting scandal??!? What had to be going through his mind - "Well, I'm in a lot of trouble & I know they're going to drug test me....fuck it - I'm going to smoke anyway since _________________" <---you fill in the blank. whatever you say, it can't be anything good.

Quick Reply: NFL: Michael Vick Saga **Signs with Eagles (page 13)**