Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

NFL: Michael Vick Saga **Signs with Eagles (page 13)**

Old 05-22-2007, 11:52 AM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sonnyg80
x1 Unreal.

Yea Portis, might as well beat the shit out of your wife and kids too while your at it. Moron...

WTF is wrong with these guys? I dont know how some of these guys make it through college being this stupid. Is it just me or is this the worst the NFL has been? I dont ever remember so many arrests and just general stupidity. Its time to start weeding these idiots out. It started with Jones, lets continue...
Old 05-22-2007, 12:16 PM
Bent = #1

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by WdnUlik2no
you saw it too?? I saw it last night after 24 went off. What a conceited A-hole!!!! Talking about "everyone in the world" will still love and support Mike Vick. Guilty or not, I lost A LOT of respect for him after that. If he's guilty, I hope he goes down. Even if he's not after that display of asshatery last night, I'm really starting not to care about what happens to him anymore.

He also said his job is to win football games...well in case he hadn't noticed, he hasn't been doing a very good job of that either these past couple of seasons. Falcons shouldn't have traded Schaub...

And CP's comments were plain ignorant. Some of these NFL stars are starting to show their true colors I suppose....

I don't condone what Vick has done if he is involved. Remember the stripper in the Duke rape case lied, so these people connecting Vick to the dog fights could also be lying. People are so fast to jump on athletes when they do something "wrong" without even being convicted of the crime or action. I have stated the same thing about Barry Bonds.

You cannot blame Vick for not winning games. He has had 3-4 changes in the offense, which no QB could adjust too. Another thing that hurt the Falcons last year was the WRs not catching the ball. I know you are a Falcons fan so you saw those passes Roddie White and the others dropped. Also injuries on our defense did not help, with Abraham out and Kerney and I believe one of our CBs.

Schaub was a good QB, but he would not win more games than Vick if he was the starter. Watch Schaub this year, you think he'll do a better job at Houston. Most likely not, considering the OLine is horrible and he will get sacked left and right.

Again I think Vick should be punished if he was involved, but at this point it is wrong to jump to conclusions, especially when it involves a rich, star athlete.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:19 PM
Bent = #1

On the Clinton Portis thing. He is really stupid for saying what he did. I love how the reporter says, "But it is a felony," and Portis still goes with how he feels.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:27 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by hornyleprechaun
People are so fast to jump on athletes when they do something "wrong" without even being convicted of the crime or action. I have stated the same thing about Barry Bonds.
lol, did you say the same thing about OJ? How naive does one have to be? Its painfully obvious Barry was/is on roids. Just because he hasn't been convicted of anything doesn't mean we cant pass our own judgment.

And how many times in your life have you been accused of dog fighting? It just doesn't happen to "normal" people. It was a house that he owned and he should be responsible for what goes on in it.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by joerockt
x1 Unreal.

Yea Portis, might as well beat the shit out of your wife and kids too while your at it. Moron...

WTF is wrong with these guys? I dont know how some of these guys make it through college being this stupid. Is it just me or is this the worst the NFL has been? I dont ever remember so many arrests and just general stupidity. Its time to start weeding these idiots out. It started with Jones, lets continue...
i dunno what's going on with NFL stars lately - it definitely has been the worst.

and to leprechaun - i agree somewhat to your post, but given the type of case/investigation - you'll find ppl hard pressed to give him the benefit of the doubt when it's sucha specific crime with several things pointing to him. (his property, dog fighting paraphernalia, sells said house for more than half of what its worth, etc.)

I just don't want his dollars to speak for the case and have him get off, if in fact he is guilty of the wrongdoing.

But in the end it's his house, his responsibility, his consequence.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:20 PM
Bent = #1

lol, did you say the same thing about OJ? How naive does one have to be? Its painfully obvious Barry was/is on roids. Just because he hasn't been convicted of anything doesn't mean we cant pass our own judgment.

And how many times in your life have you been accused of dog fighting? It just doesn't happen to "normal" people. It was a house that he owned and he should be responsible for what goes on in it.
I could of said the same thing about the Duke rape case and been correct. It is innocent until proven guilty, not guilty until proven innocent.. There are supposedly videos of him being there, which if prove to be true he will be in a lot of trouble. If these videos do exists, the prosecutors are making their case and he will be eventually charged, so until then I will assume he is innocent.

How many times have you been accused of having drugs in your house? That doesn't happen to normal people either.. That is what brought about the whole dog fighting thing.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:26 PM
Bent = #1

i dunno what's going on with NFL stars lately - it definitely has been the worst.

and to leprechaun - i agree somewhat to your post, but given the type of case/investigation - you'll find ppl hard pressed to give him the benefit of the doubt when it's sucha specific crime with several things pointing to him. (his property, dog fighting paraphernalia, sells said house for more than half of what its worth, etc.)

I just don't want his dollars to speak for the case and have him get off, if in fact he is guilty of the wrongdoing.

But in the end it's his house, his responsibility, his consequence.
It is his house, but when you were a teenager and your parents went out of town did you throw a party? If some kid got drunk, went driving and died or killed someone, most likely your parents would be charged with some sort of crime.

They obviously trusted you enough to leave you home alone with the thought that you would be responsible. Now you could also be charged too, which would be the correct action, but you being a minor some courts have charged parents with being negligent. Would that be fair to your parents, doing "illegal" (drinking underage) things in a house they own?

I agree he has some responsibility to take care of a house he owns. I also don't understand why if it was for his cousin, he would not put it in his cousins name, unless he did use it. If Vick is guilty of participating in the dog fighting then we will find out and then I will agree with everyone on how stupid he is, but until then I'll have to believe that he is telling the truth and did not participate.

Edit: I use the teenager having a party in a parents house because kids in HS would throw parties all the time when their parents went out of town, so I made the generalization that it occurred across the country.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:06 PM

It is his house, but when you were a teenager and your parents went out of town did you throw a party? If some kid got drunk, went driving and died or killed someone, most likely your parents would be charged with some sort of crime.

They obviously trusted you enough to leave you home alone with the thought that you would be responsible. Now you could also be charged too, which would be the correct action, but you being a minor some courts have charged parents with being negligent. Would that be fair to your parents, doing "illegal" (drinking underage) things in a house they own?

I agree he has some responsibility to take care of a house he owns. I also don't understand why if it was for his cousin, he would not put it in his cousins name, unless he did use it. If Vick is guilty of participating in the dog fighting then we will find out and then I will agree with everyone on how stupid he is, but until then I'll have to believe that he is telling the truth and did not participate.

Edit: I use the teenager having a party in a parents house because kids in HS would throw parties all the time when their parents went out of town, so I made the generalization that it occurred across the country.
I respect your thinking that you believe his word right now.

I guess we will have to wait it out to see what happens. I see a lot of things pointing at him, his cockyness about the situation, quick sell of his house - I also see hismoney playing a factor in this. Who knows what'll happen!
Old 05-22-2007, 03:06 PM
Just dial 1911

I could of said the same thing about the Duke rape case and been correct. It is innocent until proven guilty, not guilty until proven innocent.. There are supposedly videos of him being there, which if prove to be true he will be in a lot of trouble. If these videos do exists, the prosecutors are making their case and he will be eventually charged, so until then I will assume he is innocent.

How many times have you been accused of having drugs in your house? That doesn't happen to normal people either.. That is what brought about the whole dog fighting thing.
The Duke case never had the evidence to back it. Same with the Kobe case. It was she said/he said. No videos, no jizz and no reason to beleive they did anything. Bonds is different because he's had a bunch of people testify under oath that they knew he was taking roids. Vick's is different because they gave pretty convincing proof that dog fighting was going on in a house that he owns. For him to say he didnt know anything about it is naive on his part and on our part for buying it.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:12 PM
Just dial 1911

Fair? What does "fair" have to do with anything? Dosent matter if its fair or not, its the law. Until a child turns 18, you're responsible for his or hers actions. If you own a home where illegal activity is taking place, Its your responsibility, regardless if you live there or not or are on vacation.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:12 PM
Bent = #1

I respect your thinking that you believe his word right now.

I guess we will have to wait it out to see what happens. I see a lot of things pointing at him, his cockyness about the situation, quick sell of his house - I also see hismoney playing a factor in this. Who knows what'll happen!

Yeah I was watching First Take or Sportscenter and some guy said it will be a shock when it is released who purchased the house. I'm pretty sure I heard that correctly, so I'm eager to find out who it will be.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:17 PM
Bent = #1

Fair? What does "fair" have to do with anything? Dosent matter if its fair or not, its the law. Until a child turns 18, you're responsible for his or hers actions. If you own a home where illegal activity is taking place, Its your responsibility, regardless if you live there or not or are on vacation.
Then it is the same thing if your parents buy you a house to live in. If you turn it into a prostitute ring or a crackhouse then they could be charged since it would be in their name. It may be the law that they are the ones to get in trouble, then maybe Vick should reevaluate his trust in his relatives IF he didn't participate in the dog fighting or knew it was going on.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

/\

Exactly - it's not the law. That's like saying parents can get charged for their kids doing a driveby out of their car. Not going to happen, not the law.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:28 PM
Bent = #1

Originally Posted by lowpost
/\

Exactly - it's not the law. That's like saying parents can get charged for their kids doing a driveby out of their car. Not going to happen, not the law.

What is not the law?
Old 05-26-2007, 06:48 AM
Suzuka Master

Sorry to all the Falcon fans, but Vick will never lead that franchise to a SB, much less than that. He is just one of those players that is lazy, but possesses so much talent that he realizes he can still get by. Sort of like mid-level management at a much much higher level. I've seen Vick play well, but he just doesn't the heart or love for the game. He doesn't seem to give it his all each and every day.

He'd rather smoke with his boys make it rain stacks of that shit in magic city.
Old 05-27-2007, 11:55 AM
Bent = #1

Well apparently there is a new informer in this case that claims Vick has been involved in dog fighting since the year before going into the NFL. Seems like Vick's situation is getting worse :surrender
Old 05-27-2007, 11:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,632 Likes on 13,881 Posts
Post Report: Vick bet $30K-$40K on dogfights...

Disgusting.

From CNNSI...

NEW YORK (AP) --Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick was at a dog fight in 2000 and is "one of the heavyweights" in the sport, ESPN reported.

The network Sunday cited a police informant whom a dog-fighting investigator called "extremely reliable."

"That's who bets a large dollar," the informant said on the show Outside the Lines. "And they have the money to bet large money. As I'm talking about large money, $30,000-$40,000, even higher. He's one of the heavyweights."

When asked how he knows the former Virginia Tech star bets that amount, the informant said, "because I've seen it."

The informant said his dog beat Vick's dog in 2000, the year before Vick was chosen by the Falcons with the first overall pick in the NFL draft.

Investigator David Hunt said information from the informant has "resulted in the arrest of several individuals over the past few years, numerous search warrants, as well as convictions."

Surry County (Va.) Commonwealth's Attorney Gerald Poindexter said Friday he is confident charges will be brought in the investigation of a possible dog-fighting operation at a house then owned by Vick. Dog fighting is a felony in Virginia.

Police raided the rural home April 25 as part of a drug investigation. They seized 66 dogs, 55 of them pit bulls, and equipment that could be associated with dog fighting.

Vick has said he let a cousin, Davon Boddie, live at the house, and he didn't know a large kennel on the property could be involved in criminal activity
Old 05-28-2007, 04:35 PM

sad...hope it's more evidence to put vick away
Old 05-29-2007, 03:48 PM

Investigators Further Search Property

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2885891

Federal investigators on Tuesday searched the property around a Surry County, Va., home formerly owned by Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick after an informant told authorities seven dogs were destroyed and buried on the lot in late April.

Citing a search warrant, ABC affiliate WVEC-TV in Norfolk, Va., reported investigators were looking behind the main house on the property for the remains of pit bull dogs. The informant, according to the television station's report, also described another time when up to 30 pit bulls were buried on the property.

Police raided the Vick-owned property as part of a drug investigation on April 25 and seized 66 dogs, 55 of them pit bulls, and equipment that could be associated with dog fighting.

The investigation is focused on dog fighting because while some equipment seized could be typical of a legitimate breeding operation, which Vick is registered to have, there also was a "pry bar" used to pry apart a dog's jaws, and bloodstained carpeting.

According to the warrant obtained by WVEC-TV, the U.S. Department of Agriculture Inspector General requested permission to enter a building on the backside of the property to pull up floor boards and wall boards looking for signs of blood. The USDA also wanted to search for items that might have been used to bury animal bodies, the station reported on its Web site.

In a weekend interview with ESPN's "Outside the Lines," a source who said he's been involved in dog fighting for more than 30 years referred to Vick as one of the "heavyweights" of the dog fighting world.

"He's a pit bull fighter," the source said of Vick. "He's one of the ones that they call 'the big boys' -- that's who bets a large dollar. And they have the money to bet large money. As I'm talking about large money -- $30,000 to $40,000 -- even higher. He's one of the heavyweights."

Vick, who has not been charged, has contended all along he rarely visited the home, where his cousin, Davon Boddie, lived, and has said he didn't know a large kennel on the property could be involved in criminal activity. Vick put the home up for sale shortly after the investigation began and agreed to a sale price with a buyer on the first day.

Dog fighting is considered a felony in every state except Wyoming and Idaho. Surry County Commonwealth attorney Gerald Poindexter, the prosecutor in the investigation, said he is confident charges will be brought but can't yet say who will be charged.

"We are moving forward," Poindexter told The Associated Press on Friday. He declined to set a timetable for when evidence in the case would be ready to present to a grand jury.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals has sent a letter to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell offering to conduct a free humane education course -- or "animal sensitivity training" -- for NFL players and staff members. Meanwhile, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported that NFL Security has offered its help to investigators.

"We are taking this issue very seriously and monitoring the Michael Vick investigation," league spokesman Greg Aiello said.
that's even more disgusting
Old 05-30-2007, 07:55 AM
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
The search of the propertly was blocked by the prosecuter, because he didn't like the "language" of the warrant.......

Report: Prosecutor doesn't like language of warrant, blocks search

RICHMOND, Va. -- Authorities have a search warrant to look for as many as 30 dog carcasses on property owned by Michael Vick that is at the center of a dog fighting investigation. But the warrant has not been executed.

In a news release, Sheriff Harold D. Brown said the warrant issued May 23 has not been executed at the request of Brown and Surry County Commonwealth's Attorney Gerald G. Poindexter. The release did not say why the two officials leading the investigation into possible dog fighting on the 15-acre property made the request.

However, ABC affiliate WVEC-TV in Virginia is reporting that Poindexter and the county sheriff "did not like the language" of the warrant approved by a state magistrate.

Brown was not in the office and is the only member of the sheriff's department who can comment on the case, a dispatcher said Tuesday. Poindexter also was out of the office and did not return a message left by The Associated Press seeking comment.

No charges have been filed, but Poindexter has said he is confident when sufficient evidence is gathered, it will be brought before a special grand jury.

The warrant is based on investigator W.R. Brinkman being told by an informant that seven pit bulls were destroyed on the property in Surry County and buried in shallow graves two days before a drug raid on April 25. It cites "reliable sources" as saying that as many as 30 dogs are buried in various locations on the property, much of which is surrounded by a black fence and secluded behind a massive two-story brick home.

A copy of the warrant was provided to the AP by The Virginian-Pilot of Norfolk.

The document gives investigators permission to search for pit bull terrier/fighting dog carcasses on the grounds and in buildings behind the black privacy fence in the rear of the home, which Vick has claimed he rarely visited. The Atlanta Falcons quarterback put the home up for sale shortly after the dog fighting investigation began and sold it the first day, but it is unclear whether the sale has been completed.

The warrant also allows authorities to search "all outbuildings which have blood-covered wood floors or walls" for anything that could be used in the killing of animals -- including ropes, guns, rifles, spent shotgun shells, spent bullet cartridges, shovels and "any and all evidence contributing to dog fighting and animal cruelty."

Police raided the home as part of a drug investigation. They seized 66 dogs, 55 of them pit bulls, and a variety of equipment that could be associated with dog fighting.

While items such as treadmills and syringes seized could be typical of a legitimate breeding operation, which Vick is registered to have, items like a "pry bar" used to pry apart a dog's jaws, and bloodstained carpeting raised dog fighting suspicions.

A native of Newport News who starred at Virginia Tech, Vick has blamed family members at the home for taking advantage of his generosity. He claimed he didn't know a large kennel on the property could be involved in criminal activity.

News of the search warrant comes after a report by ESPN on Sunday citing a "reliable police informant" as saying Vick is "one of the heavyweights" in dog fighting circles and has been known to bet in the tens of thousands of dollars on fights.

News of the search warrant comes after a confidential source who said he's been involved in dog fighting for more than 30 years gave an interview to ESPN's "Outside the Lines," where he referred to Vick as one of the "heavyweights" of the dog fighting world.

"He's a pit bull fighter," the source said of Vick. "He's one of the ones that they call 'the big boys' -- that's who bets a large dollar. And they have the money to bet large money. As I'm talking about large money -- $30,000 to $40,000 -- even higher. He's one of the heavyweights."
Old 05-30-2007, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by WdnUlik2no
The search of the propertly was blocked by the prosecuter, because he didn't like the "language" of the warrant.......
the 'language'...plz, just search the damn area, who cares what the 'language' is like
Old 05-30-2007, 09:19 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
anyone else out there not really care if he was involved or not with dog fighting?
Old 05-31-2007, 04:22 PM
Suzuka Master

What is that supposed to mean? Further clarification, on what level?
Old 06-01-2007, 11:52 AM
horny =

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
It amazes me what some people can get away with.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by bent09
It amazes me what some people can get away with.
no one got away with anything, yet atleast.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:55 AM

Feds Search Vick's Property

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2897066

Speaking to the Newport News Daily Press, Vick's cousin, Davon Boddie, apologized for his role in the dog-fighting investigation. Boddie wants NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to know it was his fault, not his cousin's, for everything going on at the Surry County home.

"I want him to know that everything going on is really my fault," Boddie told the paper. "They're just making Michael look like something he's not. I want to apologize to Atlanta Falcons fans for what's going on. It's a lot of drama."
Who wants to bet that Vick told him to say that in exchange for some $$$
Old 06-08-2007, 08:09 AM
nnInn

Received 1,084 Likes on 646 Posts
^^^ I don't think Vick had to tell him to do that, but Boddie does know who has the money in the family. And is making sure the Vick knows he's going to take this one for him.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by jupitersolo
^^^ I don't think Vick had to tell him to do that, but Boddie does know who has the money in the family. And is making sure the Vick knows he's going to take this one for him.
yea, either or...wonder if they'll find anything significant in the house/property
Old 06-08-2007, 10:57 AM

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts
Originally Posted by jupitersolo

He knows Vick will pay him nicely for being the fall boy once he gets out of trouble/jail.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:16 AM
Bent = #1

If you think about it though, even if Vick did visit there occasionally, his cousin is the one that actually lived there. His cousin probably was way more involved than Vick actually was.

Also, if it does turn out that Vick gets in trouble for participating in these dog fights, I would hope that tons of more people that participated also get in trouble. All these people who "saw" Vick at the house during dog fights and are so quick to call his name out in the media, should know several other people who were there also. It's unfair to just single out Vick because he is an athlete.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:17 AM
Bent = #1

Originally Posted by CLpower
anyone else out there not really care if he was involved or not with dog fighting?

In a way I don't think it is a big deal, but I do in another way.

If he did participate, I don't think he was the one abusing the dogs or training them to fight. I really think the only thing he did was bet his money on the dogs.

I do think it is really messed up to train dogs like this to fight. That is why I think it is a deal.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:17 PM
Bent = #1

Well court documents have been filed for the dog fighting.. and Vick was not named in any of the documents... Guess I could be correct and he is innocent

2nd sentence of the article.. Vick is not named in the documents.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2927560
Old 07-06-2007, 03:19 PM
Bent = #1

sad...hope it's more evidence to put vick away

Looks like you won't get your wish..
Old 07-07-2007, 12:58 PM
horny =

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wow what a surprise....

I am sure he also had nothing to do with vicksk9kennels.com as well.

Atleast he still has herpes
Old 07-07-2007, 02:08 PM

Looks like you won't get your wish..
ha! im not surprised
Old 07-07-2007, 02:51 PM

http://content.hamptonroads.com/stor...=14921&tref=po

But yet they discovered 10 buried carcasses
Old 07-17-2007, 05:06 PM

Vick Indicted by Federal Grand Jury:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns
Old 07-17-2007, 05:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Vick Indicted by Federal Grand Jury:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns
- Vick's NFL career...
Old 07-17-2007, 05:34 PM
Senior Moderator

No wait...:ibtRaiderstrytosignhimafterhisjailtermands uspension:...
Old 07-17-2007, 05:35 PM
Big White Chocolate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Yumchah
- Vick's NFL career...
The Falcons have to be kicking themselves for trading Matt Shaub.

Quick Reply: NFL: Michael Vick Saga **Signs with Eagles (page 13)**