Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

NFL: Michael Vick Saga **Signs with Eagles (page 13)**

Old 04-26-2007, 11:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,632 Likes on 13,881 Posts
NFL: Michael Vick Saga **Signs with Eagles (page 13)**

From CNNSI...

Police discover dozens of injured, emaciated dogs

SMITHFIELD, Va. (AP) -- Police conducting a drug investigation raided a house owned by Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick and found dozens of dogs, some injured and emaciated.

Police also found items associated with dog fighting.

State Police Sgt. D.S. Carr said Vick's relative, Davon Boddie, 26, lives in the house. Vick owns the property, but doesn't live there and wasn't present when a search warrant was executed in a drug investigation Wednesday night, Carr said.

Boddie was arrested outside a nightclub by Hampton police April 20 on charges of distribution of marijuana and possession with intent to distribute. The search warrant was executed by a multijurisdictional task force in a narcotics probe.

More than 60 dogs were found in three buildings. Some appeared malnourished, scarred and injured, officials said.

Wayne Pacelle, president and CEO of The Humane Society of the United States, said the group has "heard troubling reports for some time that Michael Vick has been involved in organized dog fighting, and we fear that this investigation may validate that very disturbing allegation."

"We urge law enforcement to aggressively investigate this matter, and we further believe that anyone who harbors dogs for the purpose of fighting, deserves to be fully prosecuted for their crimes," Pacelle said in a statement. "Dog fighting is a barbaric activity that causes immense animal suffering and fosters violence in our communities. Our nation should have a zero tolerance policy for any form of staged animal fighting."

The Humane Society said dog fighting is illegal nationwide and a felony in 48 states, including both Virginia and Georgia.

The animal rights group PETA has asked Falcons owner Arthur Blank to suspend Vick pending the investigation and "to kick him off the team if it is found that dogs on Vick's property were neglected or used for fighting."

In a letter to Blank, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals said it was the second time it was writing to the owner about one of his players and allegations of cruelty to animals. On Feb. 23, the organization wrote to him about defensive tackle Jonathan Babineaux's felony charges in Georgia stemming from the fatal beating of a dog.

Falcons spokesman Reggie Roberts said the team still was gathering information on the report and had no immediate comment.

A spokeswoman for Vick's foundation declined comment. Joel Segal, the quarterback's agent, and Larry Woodward, a Virginia attorney who has worked with both Vick and his younger brother, Marcus, didn't immediately return telephone messages seeking comment.

The probe at Vick's property is the latest in a serious of embarrassing incidents for the Atlanta quarterback.

He was named in a sordid lawsuit that accused him of knowingly infecting a woman with a sexually transmitted disease and using the alias "Ron Mexico" while seeking treatment. The case was settled out of court.

Last season, Vick flashed an obscene hand gesture to heckling Atlanta fans as he walked off the field following a dismal loss to New Orleans. He was fined $10,000 by the NFL and donated another $10,000 to charity.

In January, security officers at Miami International Airport seized a water bottle from Vick that they said smelled of marijuana and had a hidden compartment. Authorities later said there were no drugs in the bottle, and Vick explained that he used the secret compartment to carry jewelry.

Just this week, Vick came under more criticism when he failed to show for a lobbying appearance on Capitol Hill in support of increased funding for after-school programs. He missed a connecting flight in Atlanta and didn't turn up for a later flight.

Vick and two other former Virginia Tech stars -- Falcons cornerback DeAngelo Hall and former Buffalo Bills defensive end Bruce Smith -- are scheduled to join Hokies football coach Frank Beamer and NFL commissioner Roger Goodell in a predraft ceremony in New York on Saturday to honor the victims of the recent shooting at the Blacksburg school.

Other athletes have been linked to dog fighting.

The NBA's Qyntel Woods pleaded guilty in January 2005 to animal abuse and was sentenced to probation and community service, in addition to pledging $10,000 to the Oregon Humane Society. Former NFL player LeShon Johnson has twice run afoul of the law for ties to dogfighting.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn, thats sad

that'll be even sadder if Vick knew about what was going on with the house and his relative...mainly cause of all the positive stuff he's been trying to do for VA, this would make him lose alll credibility.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:18 AM
Missing My CL-S

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Vick, Vick, Vick....what are you doing???

he's my 2nd favorite QB, but what the hell is wrong with him
Old 04-27-2007, 08:30 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Fawker.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:06 AM
Burning Brakes

It would be hard for Vick to be completely in the dark regarding to what goes on in a property he owns. He seriously needs to clean up his image as well as act.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:53 AM
Drifting

Money + idiot = Vick =

Old 04-27-2007, 12:27 PM
old school

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
Should've bought the house under the name "Ron Mexico".
Old 04-27-2007, 04:17 PM
Acurazine OG.

Vick is about the most OVERRATED QB in the NFL... he sucks as a QB. He is physically gifted... but Jesus Fucking Christ... I've said this before: If he just spent ONE YEAR... just ONE... away from the pussy, weed & other bullshit... and commited himself to his team, studying film, etc... he could be an elite QB... but, he never will... and he will continue to hold his team back. The Falcons will never win... hell, they will never even get to a SB with Vick as their QB.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:27 PM
old school

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by ChrisKelly5
Vick is about the most OVERRATED QB in the NFL... he sucks as a QB. He is physically gifted... but Jesus Fucking Christ... I've said this before: If he just spent ONE YEAR... just ONE... away from the pussy, weed & other bullshit... and commited himself to his team, studying film, etc... he could be an elite QB... but, he never will... and he will continue to hold his team back. The Falcons will never win... hell, they will never even get to a SB with Vick as their QB.
Wait..... Vick is a quarterback??? Who knew?
Old 04-27-2007, 06:26 PM
-glock security-

that whole family is a bunch of scumbags

i will leave it like that
Old 04-27-2007, 06:40 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Scramble out of this one, dumbass...
Old 04-27-2007, 07:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Lock that piece of shit up.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:52 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by ChrisKelly5
Most overrated QB...? Nope...I'd put that on Tony Romo.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:53 AM
Senior Moderator

Post Vick pleads ignorance; human society not buying it

From CNNSI...

ATLANTA (AP) -- Michael Vick blamed family members for taking advantage of his generosity after a police raid found evidence of dog fighting at property he owns in Virginia.

An animal rights group scoffed at that explanation, saying it's long suspected the Atlanta Falcons quarterback was involved in the fight-to-the-death activity.

Embroiled in another embarrassing -- and perhaps criminal -- situation, Vick traveled to New York on Friday to take part in activities leading up to the NFL draft.

Appearing at a news conference to announce his participation in the NFL Quarterback Challenge, Vick described himself as an unwitting victim of relatives living on his property in Smithfield, Va.

"I'm never at the house," Vick said, according to ajc.com. "I left the house with my family members and my cousin. They just haven't been doing the right thing."

Police conducting a drug investigation raided the Vick-owned house and found dozens of dogs, some injured and emaciated. Investigators also discovered items associated with dog fighting.

Vick claimed he knew nothing about it.

"It's unfortunate I have to take the heat," he said. "If I'm not there, I don't know what's going on. It's a call for me to really tighten down on who I'm trying to take care of. When it all boils down, people will try to take advantage of you and leave you out to dry. Lesson learned for me."

John Goodwin, who handles dog-fighting issues for The Humane Society of America, was skeptical that Vick was unaware of such a large operation -- especially when police were led to the property as part of a drug investigation after arresting the quarterback's 26-year-old cousin, Davon Boddie.

Goodwin said authorities found 66 dogs on the property, mostly pit bulls who appeared to be involved in organized fighting. He estimated it would cost up to $100 a day just to feed that number of animals, not to mention other hefty expenses.

"Who's paying to feed all those dogs?" Goodwin asked. "Who has the money to feed 66 pit bulls that's in some way, shape or form related to that property?"

He said The Humane Society has heard for several years that Vick was personally involved in the brutal, clandestine activity, which is banned nationwide and a felony in 48 states, including Virginia and Georgia. A conviction in Virginia carries a maximum sentence of five years in prison and a $2,500 fine.

"We get a lot of calls, and people were always kind of kicking his name around," Goodwin said. "But it was always difficult to put together a complete case on the guy. The word is that he has multiple layers of protection. When the search warrant was executed and they found all the things they found, it really came as no surprise."

Falcons spokesman Reggie Roberts said the team would not have a comment until it got more details on the investigation. Vick's attorney, Larry Woodward, did not return a telephone message seeking comment for the second day in a row.

"The search warrant was issued in a matter unrelated to the property owner, Mr. Michael Vick," Surry County Sheriff Harold D. Brown said.

Goodwin, who has worked with authorities on numerous dog-fighting cases, said he was told that officers also found bloody strips of carpeting, commonly used in dog-fighting pits, and "breaking sticks" -- hammer-like devices used to pry open an animal's jaw after a fight.

The NFL said it is looking into the matter. Commissioner Roger Goodell has made it clear he intends to crack down on players involved in off-the-field misconduct.

Goodell might be swayed by a string of embarrassing incidents involving Vick, starting with a sordid lawsuit that accused him of knowingly infecting a woman with a sexually transmitted disease and using the alias "Ron Mexico" while seeking treatment. The case was settled out of court.

Last season, Vick flashed an obscene hand gesture to heckling Atlanta fans as he walked off the field following a loss. He was fined $10,000 by the NFL and donated another $10,000 to charity.

In January, security officers at Miami International Airport seized a water bottle from Vick that they said smelled of marijuana and had a hidden compartment. Authorities later said there were no drugs in the bottle, and Vick explained that he used the secret compartment to carry jewelry.

Just this week, Vick came under more criticism when he failed to show for a lobbying appearance on Capitol Hill in support of increased funding for after-school programs. He missed a connecting flight in Atlanta through no fault of his own, but didn't turn up for a later flight.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals has asked Falcons owner Arthur Blank to suspend Vick pending the investigation and "to kick him off the team if it is found that dogs on Vick's property were neglected or used for fighting."

Goodwin said The Humane Society would take a similar stand if criminal charges were filed against Vick.

While the quarterback insisted he was not involved in dog fighting, he has shown an interest in breeding pit bulls.

In a 2001 profile by The Sporting News, he revealed having a pit bull that already had produced one litter and said he was trying to start a breeding kennel.

"There's more to me than people might think," he said at the time.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:55 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by sipark
Money + idiot = Vick =

Originally Posted by elessar
Should've bought the house under the name "Ron Mexico".

Originally Posted by joerockt
Scramble out of this one, dumbass...

at these comments.. Ron Mexico is over rated!
Old 04-28-2007, 03:00 PM
Suzuka Master

It seems like the heart tugging story of the dogs is really overshadowing the fact that the raid was for drugs. There's no way Vick didn't know his cousin is a drug dealer. What did he think was going to happen when he gave him an estate?
Old 04-29-2007, 03:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by elessar
Wait..... Vick is a quarterback??? Who knew?
Vick isn't a quarterback...he's a running back that tries to throw
Old 04-30-2007, 09:23 AM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by andyjl
Vick isn't a quarterback...he's a running back that tries to throw
Operative.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Post Report claims Vick has 'affinity' for dog-fighting culture

From ESPN...and disgusting.

ATLANTA -- Two friends of Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick are convinced he has been involved in illegal dog fighting at a home he owns in Virginia, they told SI.com on Thursday, despite Vick's denials.

"He knows what's going on in that house in Virginia," one unnamed source told SI.com. "There's not a doubt in my mind he's involved with it."

A second source, quoted by SI.com, said Vick has a longtime "affinity" for the culture surrounding dog fighting.

On Wednesday, Falcons head coach Bobby Petrino said he hopes his star quarterback will soon be cleared of any connection to the dozens of dogs found last month at the home Vick owns in Smithfield, Va. Police were conducting a drug raid on the house at the time the dogs were discovered.

"I need to believe in Michael," said Petrino, the Falcons' coach since January. "Since I've been here, a couple of situations have come up and we've talked about them. His track record with me is that he's told me the truth. I'm going to believe what Michael tells me."

In interviews given during the NFL draft, Vick blamed wayward relatives for taking advantage of his generosity and insisted that he's rarely at the Virginia house -- even though he owns it.

Falcons owner Arthur Blank, contacted by SI.com by phone on Wednesday, also denied insinuations that he has been soft on his $130 million quarterback.

"There's no coddling going on here,'' Blank said to SI.com. "Whatever is 180 degrees from that, that's the reality. The [financial] investment we've made in him has nothing to do with the way we treat him. When Michael has done something wrong that has been documented, we've had very direct conversations with him. We don't have all the facts of the [dog fighting] investigation, but obviously the story's not developing well. Which is one of the reasons why I asked [commissioner Roger Goodell] to speak to Michael about the situation and to be as stern as he felt he needed to be.''

Vick told ESPN during the draft that he had met face-to-face with Goodell in late April. In the interview, Vick pledged he would make changes in his life.

"I'm taking it upon myself and giving everybody my word that things are going to get changed around," Vick said in the interview. "Things are going to get turned around. I have a game plan for it. ... The company I keep, a lot of things [have] got to change, and I mean that from the heart."

Blank added that he expects Vick's behavior to change.

"I would say Michael understands, and I told him he is in essence on a short leash,'' Blank told SI.com. "His behavior cannot go on this way. His actions need to be different; his decisions need to be different. He can't just talk about changing things, he has to change his life. He says he understands, and I'm hoping he's being truthful with us and wants to deal with it. I hope he has the personal strength. I think it's very appropriate to say he's at a crossroads.''

Vick does have an apparent interest in breeding animals such as pit bulls and Rottweilers. A Web site for "Mike Vick K-9 Kennels'' includes a disclaimer that any of its dogs are used for fighting, which is banned nationwide and is a felony in 48 states, including Virginia and Georgia.

Another Web site for an Atlanta-area breeder, Sanders Kennels, shows a picture of Vick holding a Presa Canario puppy, an animal that it says is "bred for loyalty, protection, guarding, and peace of mind. They can and will protect.''

The Falcons begin a three-day minicamp this weekend, with Petrino looking to install his offense and see what several rookies might bring to his team.

"This weekend is a situation where we have to focus everything on football," Petrino said. "That's what I'm going to talk about over the weekend. We only have five practices and one mandatory minicamp. We've got to take all the distractions, put them on the shelf and concentrate on football. I'm going to instruct our team to do that."
Old 05-10-2007, 08:52 PM

thats sick if all that's true about him
Old 05-10-2007, 09:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by sonnyg80
thats sick if all that's true about him
Are you e-stalking me, Kumar...? Why are you following me around threads...?
Old 05-10-2007, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Yumchah
Are you e-stalking me, Kumar...? Why are you following me around threads...?
cause i'm bored and no one is whoring it up in the rep thread 'cept for me
Old 05-10-2007, 10:03 PM
Senior Moderator

cause i'm bored and no one is whoring it up in the rep thread 'cept for me
To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure if that's an official PW thread. So, I'm going at it carefully.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:05 PM

To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure if that's an official PW thread. So, I'm going at it carefully.
as am I, but after 22 pages...meh
Old 05-10-2007, 10:06 PM

back to vick...

do you think he'll play this year after all of this crap?
Old 05-10-2007, 10:08 PM
Senior Moderator

back to vick...

do you think he'll play this year after all of this crap?

Depends on if he's charged and etc. But if so, given how the new commish is pretty :smitler: about misbehaving players, I could see Vick missing some games.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:29 PM

yea if he's charged with anything, think he may miss atleast 10 games, if not the whole season
Old 05-12-2007, 12:13 PM

Vick Sells House

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6791934

He sells the $747,000 house for $350,000!!!

Damn, if i knew about it would've definitely bought that - then sold it once the mess is over.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Geebus...what a bargain!
Old 05-12-2007, 12:24 PM

Geebus...what a bargain!
pic of his house from this mornings newspaper:

Old 05-16-2007, 02:41 PM

'Witness tie Vick to dog fights'

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6816928
Old 05-16-2007, 03:02 PM
Just dial 1911

'Witness tie Vick to dog fights'

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6816928
He's pretty much F'ed in the A. They'll probably arrest him any day now.

ATL's backup is last years seventh round pick lol...That Schaub trade looks really bad now for them.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:24 PM

yea i agree - i dunno how he would turn all this shit around.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:38 PM
F-C
Senior Moderator

Received 1,064 Likes on 764 Posts
pic of his house from this mornings newspaper:

That is one ugly house.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:38 PM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by F-C
That is one ugly house.
You'd think that a guy with his money would have a better looking house.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:07 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2878099

"I don't know if he was fighting dogs or not, but it's his property, it's his dog," Washington Redskins running back Clinton Portis told WAVY-TV in Virginia. "If that's what he wants to do, do it. I think people should mind their business."
what a fucking idiot
Old 05-22-2007, 02:27 AM
Suzuka Master

And after seeing Vick talk right after the Portis interview, it disgusted me what professional athletes have turned in to. I hope Vick goes down hard.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by KCPreki11

And after seeing Vick talk right after the Portis interview, it disgusted me what professional athletes have turned in to. I hope Vick goes down hard.
Yea i saw that this morning from some falcons event he was at - he just sounded so cocky like nothing can touch him.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:40 AM
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
Yea i saw that this morning from some falcons event he was at - he just sounded so cocky like nothing can touch him.
you saw it too?? I saw it last night after 24 went off. What a conceited A-hole!!!! Talking about "everyone in the world" will still love and support Mike Vick. Guilty or not, I lost A LOT of respect for him after that. If he's guilty, I hope he goes down. Even if he's not after that display of asshatery last night, I'm really starting not to care about what happens to him anymore.

He also said his job is to win football games...well in case he hadn't noticed, he hasn't been doing a very good job of that either these past couple of seasons. Falcons shouldn't have traded Schaub...

And CP's comments were plain ignorant. Some of these NFL stars are starting to show their true colors I suppose....

Last edited by WdnUlik2no; 05-22-2007 at 09:44 AM.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:49 AM

yea he talked about 'its his job to win games, etc.' - well dipshit, this isn't your job, this is real life theyre talkin about.

Quick Reply: NFL: Michael Vick Saga **Signs with Eagles (page 13)**