Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

NFL: Dallas Cowboys New Stadium

Old 06-12-2009, 08:54 AM
nnInn

Received 1,084 Likes on 646 Posts
I would say wait until you can actually go in it.

It will have 120ft high doors that open to 180 ft wide on both sides off the staduim. It will have a 70ft tall HDTV suspended over midfield and it won't be in the way. That's to be seen on both sides of the field.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:05 AM
Team Owner

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts
You can see the big HDTV through the big glass doors.
I will say that it looks pretty
Old 06-12-2009, 10:00 AM
Q('.')=O

Received 721 Likes on 521 Posts
Originally Posted by TS_eXpeed
Call me crazy...but when driving by it, it doesn't seem nearly as big as some people try to make it out to be.

Don't get me wrong....it's big...but it doesn't completely blow me away from sheer size relative to other large venue's I've seen/been to.
I think it is fucking huge and it blows me away

Originally Posted by jupitersolo
I would say wait until you can actually go in it.

It will have 120ft high doors that open to 180 ft wide on both sides off the staduim. It will have a 70ft tall HDTV suspended over midfield and it won't be in the way. That's to be seen on both sides of the field.
I will be in it on July 26th. Will let you know after that
Old 06-12-2009, 10:31 AM
I disagree with unanimity

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
The website is pretty cool. You can pick a seat and get an interactive view of the stadium/field. The tickets are not as much $ as I thought they would be.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/tickets...ractiveMap.cfm
Old 06-15-2009, 02:26 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gfaze
It's gonna be an awesome stadium! For $1,000,000,000 it better be!

<--------Dallas Cowboys fan!
Is that cost for real???
Old 06-25-2009, 10:14 PM
S E L L

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by harveyy
Is that cost for real???

Originally estimated to cost $650 million, the stadium's current construction cost was $1.15 billion, making it one of the most expensive sports venues ever built.<sup id="cite_ref-7" class="reference">[8]</sup> To aid Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones in paying the construction costs of the new stadium, Arlington voters approved the increase of the city's sales tax by one-half of a percent, the hotel occupancy tax by 2 percent, and car rental tax by 5 percent. The City of Arlington provided $325 million in funding, and Jones covered any cost overruns. Also, the NFL provided the Cowboys with an additional $150 million, as per their policy for giving teams a certain lump sum of money for stadium financing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cowboys_Stadium
Old 07-12-2009, 03:14 PM
Team Owner

Just went and took a tour of the new stadium.

Here's just some of the many facts that I remember the guide saying

-$1.2 billon dollars

-The screen hanging above the field cost more than all of Texas Stadium (when it was constructed) at $40 million dollars. It FUCKING HUGE!!!! 160 feet by 72 feet. It goes from approximately from the 25 yard line to the 25 yard line, and is composed of over 3 million LED lights. It weight 1.2 MILLION POUNDS. That's more than a fully loaded 747 which would generally weigh-in in the 700-800 thousand pound range. Further more, the weight of the screen is held up by 8 cables. 8 other cables are used for stabilization. There are two cable elevators that lower and take techs up ~2 hours before gametime, and are up there the whole time that will troubleshoot any problems with the screen. Did I mention its FUCKING HUGE!?!?!? Apparently, when the Jonas brothers performed there, they played Halo on it. I wanna play Halo on it

-The huge trusses are 1,290 feet long.

-One of the things that always kind of signified Texas Stadium, was that when you looked in through the roof, you could see the huge star in the middle of the field. Now they have the ungodly sized screen there so you can't really see onto the field when the roof is open. So what does he do? Puts on star on top of the screen so the star can still be seen when flying over the stadium. Think Jerry Jones has an ego?

-Jerry Jones kind of has his own personal suite at the 50 yard line at ground level (surprised?) which we saw. It's big. You could house a lot of people in it. It's also the room where the Cowboys will run through to get out to the field. However, whenever he wants to really go and watch the game, by himself or with a few other close friends/family members, he has an elevator in that box, which takes him up him up a level, to his true personal box. It somewhat jets out so he has a complete unobstructed view. And of course, we weren't allowed to see that, as there is apparently expensive artwork and such that he doesn't want people touching. Aside from that, there apparently is a guard up there in case some straggler made their way up there.

-About 800 concession stands (where as Texas stadium had less than 60).

-When they open those retractable doors (which are apparently the largest in the world, they have to open the other side as well. If not, they said it would blow out the other side from possible extreme pressure from wind/air movement.

-Seats 80,000 people with it said to be expandable to around 100,000 and 110,000 for standing room only. They said standing room only tickets would be sold only when the rest of the stadium is completely filled up. They will cost $30.

-We went in one of the suites up higher, which we saw a single (they have singles and doubles). They have 300 suites, and 280 of them have already been sold. The suite we were in would've ranged from anywhere from $300K-500K for a single. This is what baffled me though. There was I believe she said 42 or 46 seats in that particular single suite. If you own that suite, you also have to buy season tickets for each one of those seats. Also, any food you want have to come through the caterer that the stadium uses and pay the prices that is set for all those items.

-Since this is the new home for the Cotton Bowl, they have a section that has offices for just that. As with a big majority of the stadium, the office walls/fronts are glass. It was cool cause they had famous game changing plays from previous Cotton Bowls etched on the glass that has the actual play, the coach, team, year, score and all.

-World's largest pro shop at over 18,000 sq ft.

-World's largest domed structure.

-NFL's largest stadium

I know there is a lot that I'm not including, but that stadium was absolutely incredible. We even got to see things like the clock control room, radio rooms, etc. The finishings throughout the whole are unbelievable. Being the Cowboys Stadium, of course there is a lot of stars and footballs that are designed into the stadium, but many of 'em are inconspicuous, and you wouldn't notice some of them until the guide pointed them out. Even down to the seating, which the whole stadium has cushioned seats which were NICE for a stadium.

That's it for now.

Last edited by TS_eXpeed; 07-12-2009 at 03:16 PM.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:29 PM
nnInn

Received 1,084 Likes on 646 Posts
I told you it was big, that TV show was really showing what it is all about. I might have to come down when the Skins play there this yr.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:40 AM
Q('.')=O

Going there in 2 weeks for Chelsea vs Club America exhibition soccer game
Old 07-13-2009, 10:12 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,477 Likes on 3,070 Posts
Great review TS_ex def a stadium I want to see some day
Old 07-13-2009, 12:30 PM
Team Owner

I think I might go again here soon just so I can snap some pictures.
I would've done it this time around, but it just so happened, I let one my good friends borrow my CF cards this weekend for something she was doing.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:41 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 113 Likes on 78 Posts
Nice write up Bryan. I just hope the Boys make it past the first round of the playoffs, or even make the playoffs for that matter. Hopefully Roy Williams isn't a bust.

I heard the screen is so huge you can see it from the street outside the stadium.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:43 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by surfer rick
I heard the screen is so huge you can see it from the street outside the stadium.

But you cant see the "big side of it" from the street. You see the side of it, which has a significantly smaller screen than the main screen.
It doesn't look like anything impressive from the street.

Damn.
I still cant put into words how fuggin huge it was. That's what she said.
I think I might go again, and take some good pictures to post up here for my AZ peoples.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:37 AM

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts
I wonder if they'll be having any music concerts in the near future?
Old 07-14-2009, 11:47 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Scottman111
I wonder if they'll be having any music concerts in the near future?
Too bad you missed the Jonas Brothers. :gheylaugh
Old 07-14-2009, 11:57 AM

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts
Originally Posted by TS_eXpeed
Too bad you missed the Jonas Brothers. :gheylaugh
Bryan! :silvermad

In my dreams I would like to see Pantera there, but that's one show that will never happen
Old 07-25-2009, 08:36 PM
Q('.')=O

Went to the Chelsea practice this evening. Took some pics from the inside. I gotta say I am hella impressed. Place looks fucking huge/amazing. But the food/drinks are expensive, of course.

right outside - ballpark in arlington

nice bathrooms lol

good job on the soccer field

omfg
Old 07-25-2009, 09:26 PM
I disagree with unanimity

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
Damn. That screen is huge! Wow.

They let you go through the suites? Or was that just the common folk level?
Old 07-25-2009, 09:30 PM
Q('.')=O

na wouldnt let us in the suites. they were pretty strict... had lots of areas zoned off with personnel standing by. dunno why tho. but it was cool. will have more shots tomorrow with a packed crowd.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:22 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,477 Likes on 3,070 Posts
wow that screen is ridiculous
Old 07-26-2009, 10:02 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 113 Likes on 78 Posts
Dizzam huge stadium and huge jumbotron/screen.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:33 AM
Q('.')=O

http://www.nbcdfw.com/blogs/blue-sta...-61117242.html

Cowboys Offer Refund, World’s Worst Excuse

Meet Mike. Mike bought a Party Pass to Sunday Night’s game. And, like many other fans who did likewise that evening, Mike was less than thrilled with the experience. So Mike wrote to the Cowboys to complain, firmly but politely. And lo and behold, the team wrote him back and offered him an apology and a full refund. (Did you get one of these emails? If you did we want to hear from you! Email us at newstips@nbcdfw.com)

Hi Michael,

I sincerely apologize for the problematic experience you and your family endured on Sunday. In order to help make the situation right, we can offer you a refund or comp party passes to another game this season.

If you would like a refund, Ticketmaster will issue the refund for your party pass purchase. Please contact them at 1-800-653-8000. We have communicated with Ticketmaster, and they are aware of the refund process for this event.

A classy, compassionate response from the Cowboys. They said they were sorry, and offered Mike his money back. Surely, that took the sting out of what Mike and his family went through on Sunday Night, with the lack of bathroom access and inability to actually walk inside the stadium and what not.

If only the letter had ended there, I think we could all agree that this little Party Pass fiasco was ready to be a memory. But the letter goes on, and this is where it gets a little odd. Mike bolded the sentence he found most curious:

If it helps at all, the only reason so many party passes were sold for Sunday's game was to break the attendance record. I can assure you that only 1/3 of that amount of party passes will be sold for each game going forward...10,000 max instead of 30,000. That was a one-time deal for the grand opening of the stadium.

Sincerely, Dallas Cowboys Football Club

“If it’s any consolation, we were just using you!” I think it’s great the Cowboys made amends to Mike so quickly, and gave him easy instructions for how to get his money back. But that bolded sentence above told Mike three things.

1) The Cowboys KNEW they were selling too many Party Passes for that evening, and that problems were going to occur. 2) The Cowboys decided to oversell them anyway, for the sole purpose of breaking a record only Jerry Jones could possibly give a crap about. 3) They happily admit it, and assume you’ll accept this as a solid reason for hosing you.

Again, Mike got his money back. So no harm, no foul. Still, it leaves a bad taste to know the Cowboys were all too willing to allow 20,000 more fans into the joint than is really comfortable, just to help boost the Double J’s already healthy ego. If you bought a Party Pass and weren’t happy with your night, by all means write the team here and get your refund. And tell them that purposefully screwing 20,000 people is only acceptable if you’re Gene Simmons.

Basically, basically Jerry Jones purposely sold twice the amount of the passes for the sole reason of breaking the attendance record. Thousands of people who bought the pass weren't even let in the stadium because there was no room and had to watch it outside on tv screens. Also, some people who were able to get in were NOT ALLOWED TO USE ANY BATHROOMS in the stadium. Some majorly fucked up shit. Fuck you Jerry.

Last edited by imj0257; 09-25-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:34 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
^eh? that sucks, I guess.

I can't believe this has its own thread