Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

NBA Discussion Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 04:25 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by badboy
I am surprised all your Miami fans have not brought up the coaching matchup.

Thats not going to stop me from rooting for Dallas.
I dunno....I like Riley...hes an awesome coach...but its not like Avery is a slouch either....he learned from Popovich and Nelson...he knows how to play small ball and big ball...Riley has an edge in that department...but I wouldnt count Avery out.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:03 PM
99TL-p 114K

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok, check it. The coaches match up like this. Riley has been there, done that before. AVERY HAS NOT. Could Avery go there and do it, Yes, of course. Its very much possible. Now, no one is saying Avery is a bad coach. He's a great coach, hes got great energy about him etc. Now Riley on the other hand, his resume speaks for itself and that my friend is PRICELESS. If i had to choose between the two coaches to win a game 7 in the finals, i would put all my confidence and money on Riley because Riley is clearly the coach with the upper hand. My predictions look like this, and remember, this prediction is very much possible and could really happen.

Game1 HEAT
Game 2 MAVS
Game 3,4,5 HEAT, SERIES OVER
Game 6 WONT HAPPEN
Game 7 WONT HAPPEN

Now the reason im picking the HEAT in 5 is because i truly believe they can get the job done. Hear me out, All the heat have to do is go into Dallas and SHOCK THEM by taking game 1 just like they did to Detroit. It will by no means be an easy task, but the heat did it to detroit in detroit. So they take game 1 or 2 but 1 prefrably and then come back home and win all three of there home games. NOW, NEW JERSEY was the only team in these playoffs up to this point that has been able to win a game in Miami. If you know the heat, THE HEAT ARE PRACTICALLY UNSTOPPABLE on there home floor. THE CROWD IS GONA BE SICKLY FIRED UP, WHITE EVERYEVER, its gona be nuts and the heat really respond and feed off there fans, seriously. And then thats it, the series will be over. Worst case scenairio would be if the heat got one game in dallas, and only won two of there 3 at home, because then we'd be going back to dallas for two away games in a row and that would mentally be tough for the heat. BUT I HAVE FAITH THAT NO MATTER WHAT THE SITUATION MIGHT COME TO, THE HEAT WILL GET IT DONE AND PREVAIL NO MATTER WHAT.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:55 PM
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by dvsxlt247
Ok, check it. The coaches match up like this. Riley has been there, done that before. AVERY HAS NOT. Could Avery go there and do it, Yes, of course. Its very much possible. Now, no one is saying Avery is a bad coach. He's a great coach, hes got great energy about him etc. Now Riley on the other hand, his resume speaks for itself and that my friend is PRICELESS. If i had to choose between the two coaches to win a game 7 in the finals, i would put all my confidence and money on Riley because Riley is clearly the coach with the upper hand. My predictions look like this, and remember, this prediction is very much possible and could really happen.

Game1 HEAT
Game 2 MAVS
Game 3,4,5 HEAT, SERIES OVER
Game 6 WONT HAPPEN
Game 7 WONT HAPPEN

Now the reason im picking the HEAT in 5 is because i truly believe they can get the job done. Hear me out, All the heat have to do is go into Dallas and SHOCK THEM by taking game 1 just like they did to Detroit. It will by no means be an easy task, but the heat did it to detroit in detroit. So they take game 1 or 2 but 1 prefrably and then come back home and win all three of there home games. NOW, NEW JERSEY was the only team in these playoffs up to this point that has been able to win a game in Miami. If you know the heat, THE HEAT ARE PRACTICALLY UNSTOPPABLE on there home floor. THE CROWD IS GONA BE SICKLY FIRED UP, WHITE EVERYEVER, its gona be nuts and the heat really respond and feed off there fans, seriously. And then thats it, the series will be over. Worst case scenairio would be if the heat got one game in dallas, and only won two of there 3 at home, because then we'd be going back to dallas for two away games in a row and that would mentally be tough for the heat. BUT I HAVE FAITH THAT NO MATTER WHAT THE SITUATION MIGHT COME TO, THE HEAT WILL GET IT DONE AND PREVAIL NO MATTER WHAT.
Very bold statements you make.

I like, I like.

I don't think Miami is going to win game 1. That is my prediction. Dallas is aware of the Heat energy, they have seen what happened to Detroit. They will be expecting whatever Miami is going to throw at them.

One major advantage the mavs have is they can score fast. A ten point Miami lead is not very safe with the mavs as it was with the pistons.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:07 AM
Banned

I like, I like.

I don't think Miami is going to win game 1. That is my prediction. Dallas is aware of the Heat energy, they have seen what happened to Detroit. They will be expecting whatever Miami is going to throw at them.

One major advantage the mavs have is they can score fast. A ten point Miami lead is not very safe with the mavs as it was with the pistons.

Miami simply doesnt have the firepower to catch up on offense....basically, if Nowitzki has a 50pt. game...like he did against Phoenix...Dallas is gonna force Miami to play catch up...something only Wade can do for them...which would take Shaq out of the equation....

I can see Avery taking some Phoenix philosophy and getting out and running every chance they get.....only runner on Miami is Wade....if Shaq scores...throw the outlet....
Old 06-07-2006, 11:22 AM
Suzuka Master

who thinks avery johnson will do the hack a shack?

unfortunately, there's no ben wallace on the mavs for riley to do the same.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CrockPot
who thinks avery johnson will do the hack a shack?

unfortunately, there's no ben wallace on the mavs for riley to do the same.
Why not use it!?! It's not anyone else but Shaq's fault he cant even make 1 out of 2......

And for those people who say thats weak...well, if your game was more well-rounded...then it wouldnt be a problem.
Old 06-07-2006, 02:12 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,314 Likes on 967 Posts
Hack a Shaq doesn't hurt his team and we only did it a couple of times max in a game.
Old 06-07-2006, 04:30 PM
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
I'm just glad miami made it. Actually im glad detroit lost.

I really don't know who to root for, but should be an interesting series.
Old 06-07-2006, 04:38 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by pmptx
Mavs in 5 or 6.

Mavs in 5 or 6, and I don't live in either FLA or TX
Old 06-08-2006, 09:43 AM
The Boss

It doesn't matter where you live, as long as you have access to the internet, which it seems like you do.

I would be up for the bet, but you are fairly new here and that worries me a little.
My money is good regardless being new or not. This saturday is ESP meet https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...4&page=1&pp=25. I will be there, perhaps you could too so we could meet face to face. Shake hands and make a bet

Game 1 is on tonight, bet need to be started before the tip off my friend.

ON? OFF?
Old 06-08-2006, 05:08 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by AcuraDriver2006
My money is good regardless being new or not. This saturday is ESP meet https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...4&page=1&pp=25. I will be there, perhaps you could too so we could meet face to face. Shake hands and make a bet

Game 1 is on tonight, bet need to be started before the tip off my friend.

ON? OFF?
I'll take a leap of faith.

The bet is on.

You have Miami, and I have Dallas.

Good luck.

Oh, and the bet amount is 50 bucks.

We can work out the payment method after the bet is over.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:27 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by moomaster_99
Why not use it!?! It's not anyone else but Shaq's fault he cant even make 1 out of 2......

And for those people who say thats weak...well, if your game was more well-rounded...then it wouldnt be a problem.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
go mavs!!!
Old 06-08-2006, 10:56 PM
Need For 6 Speed

Hell Yeah Baby Dallas Mavs!!!!!!!!
Old 06-08-2006, 11:00 PM
Team Owner

Dang I missed the 4th. Good thing. I saw the 1st and we were kicking ass. Then I had to run baby errands and missed the rest except for bits and pieces on the radio.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:03 PM
drop em like its hot

heat will still take it in 6
Old 06-08-2006, 11:16 PM
Safety Car

Good overall game.

Dirk and Howard had an off game, so look for them to come out strong in the next game.
Old 06-09-2006, 08:24 AM
Safety Car

I like, I like.

Old 06-09-2006, 09:34 AM
99TL-p 114K

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well well well, looks like the Mavs took game 1. Ok, no big deal. Here's my analysis. All the previous matchup talk has gone RIGHT OUT THE WINDOW. The positives for Miami was that the Mavs did not shoot that great last night, atleast during majority of the 1st half they didnt. The Haslem and Posey were able to shut nowitzki down pretty much and hold him to around 16 points or whatever he had which is nothing compared to what hes capable of putting up. Dwyane Wade was able to get to the basket pretty much all night and if he had 28 points last night, you can bet he's gona have a big series. Another positive is that, despite loosing the game, Shaq looked very relaxed, had good form and was on point with getting to the basket.

So now the heat have proven that they can handle nowitzki and hold him down to a certain amount of points and not let him break away. The heat now have to prove that they can stop JASON TERRY. Alll night it was Jason Terry for the Mavs, shot after shot after shot. He's the reason the mavs won that game. NO one else won it for the mavs but terry. Thats ok though, the heat will make some adjustments now that they have gotten a feel for the mavs and what there gona throw at them and they will come out in game two with a much better performance. If they can shut Jason Terry down throughout the series and hold nowitzki to a reasonable amount of points, they heat will be fine.

Now i know howard didn't have a big game so the heat are gona have to look out for him in the next game. I have faith in my Miami Heat that they can win the next game. The heat lost game 1 simply because they could not make Free Throws and knock down the looks at the basket they got. Its not like the heat didnt have shot opportunities, they had plenty. They just couldnt hit them when they needed it most. I thought walker threw up some lowsy 3's instead of slowing the pace of the game down and getting the ball into shaq. When shaq has the ball, he controls the tempo of that game. But no, walker had to throw up 3 after 3 after 3 and didnt hit shit. He came out with fire in the 1st but took a shit in the 2nd half. If the heat would of just set there offense, get the ball into shaq, took there time and got the easy basket, they probably could of won game 1. I also think that Morning isnt doing shit for us anymore. Its as if the old man ran out of gas. Like as if the Finals finally showed up for him, but he was too late. Zo is there but his game is not. He had a scoreless night for the time he was out on the court. Remember, the heat just displayed the worst free throw shooting percentage in NBA FINALS history. THATS BAD!! Sink the free throws, wade has big game, get shaq the ball and control the tempo of the game. Slow it down and don't let the mavs play fast ball. I SAY HEAT CAN WIN GAME 2 and if they do, the mavs are in trouble. GO HEAT
Old 06-09-2006, 10:18 AM
Team Owner

You can't say that Dirk or Howard won't come back in Game 2 or later. They're too good to hold down. Avery will adjust as will Riley. We need to take Game 2 or win 3 straight in Miami which will be nearly impossible.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Doom878
You can't say that Dirk or Howard won't come back in Game 2 or later. They're too good to hold down. Avery will adjust as will Riley. We need to take Game 2 or win 3 straight in Miami which will be nearly impossible.
Dirk didnt seem to be as smooth....I dunno if the miami D bothered him a lil or he was nervous or what...but if you watched him shoot...he wasnt fluid in his fade away. I say Dirk will get his next game. Howard is probably having a tough time keeping up with Wade...I knew Howard is their best perimeter defender..but hes not fast enough to guard Wade. Adjustments will be made.

On the flipside, Miami did lose the game at the line. Tippy toes Walker...played like tippy toes walker...streaky and will lose the game for you. Thats what he did when Terry nailed that 3...he comes right back down and tries to prove he can shoot 3s too...but then he misses...and Terry sinks another one...4 pt. advantage to 10 pt. advantage in less than 30 sec. One thing Miami needs to stay with is to keep pounding the ball....stop making Damp and Diop look like they are better centers....pound and lay in...get them in foul trouble....take away the shot blockers and Mavs have very weak D.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:40 PM
Team Owner

Walker took shots because he was open and that's how we've won through the playoffs. Don't force Wade or Shaq to shoot into double and triple team coverage. Dallas centers were in foul trouble in the 1st quarter but I didn't get to see if that continued.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:45 PM
Suzuka Master

Old 06-09-2006, 01:48 PM
Safety Car

The next game is very critical for Miami. I wonder what kind of adjustments they will be making.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:53 PM
Suzuka Master

The next game is very critical for Miami. I wonder what kind of adjustments they will be making.
how to score 81 points?
Old 06-09-2006, 01:57 PM
Safety Car

Crock, where you been? Welcome back.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:59 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by CrockPot
how to score 81 points?
They better learn to score more than a 100 cause dirk and howard aren't going to shoot that bad again.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:11 PM
Suzuka Master

Crock, where you been? Welcome back.
just stewing around...
Old 06-09-2006, 02:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Doom878
Walker took shots because he was open and that's how we've won through the playoffs. Don't force Wade or Shaq to shoot into double and triple team coverage. Dallas centers were in foul trouble in the 1st quarter but I didn't get to see if that continued.

Walker thinks any shot is open....

Yeah, they stopped pounding the ball in. If Miami doesnt rely on its own strengths like the post. They are not going to beat Dallas.
Old 06-09-2006, 04:45 PM
Team Owner

Hangin with Slayer. :gheylaugh:
Old 06-09-2006, 04:45 PM
Team Owner

Yeah, they stopped pounding the ball in. If Miami doesnt rely on its own strengths like the post. They are not going to beat Dallas.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:15 AM
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Problem was pounding the ball in was resuting in Hack-a-Shaq bricked free throws. He effectively took himself out of the game. However i agree 100% Miami needs to stay inside-outside, even if its the forwards taking the ball to the rack.

Walker Payton and JWilliams need to drive the ball to the rack and not settle for brick jumpers.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:10 PM
Suzuka Master

Most Dominant Ever - 5 Points

Old 06-11-2006, 11:18 PM
Safety Car

A sweep is looking like a possibility now.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:42 PM
Banned

the mavs will win but it aint gonna be no sweep.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:29 AM
goldeneye style

aaaand there we go. hopefully the mavs can only win 1 in miami so then we can come back and win the whole damn thing at home!
Old 06-12-2006, 12:32 AM
Suzuka Master

dallas has played their last home game of the season.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:20 AM
The Boss

I'll take a leap of faith.

The bet is on.

You have Miami, and I have Dallas.

Good luck.

Oh, and the bet amount is 50 bucks.

We can work out the payment method after the bet is over.

Game 1 and 2 Dallas took it, all you need is 2 more from Dallas
I'll need Miami to win the next 3 and then... capture game 7 to win
Old 06-12-2006, 07:20 AM
Safety Car

I cannot believe dallas is winning with such ease. I knew they would beat miami, but didn't imagine it to be in this fashion. Detroit would have put up a better fight imo.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:19 AM
Team Owner

I don't think they won that easily in Game 1. Game 2 was though but it got interesting in garbage time. Luckily aggregates don't apply.

Quick Reply: NBA Discussion Thread