Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

NBA: 2008 Season Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 01:29 PM
Safety Car

Received 168 Likes on 122 Posts
I've heard those rumors too, but what the hell would that do for them? They need height underneath; PJ Brown did wonders for them in the finals.

Mutumbo is gone. He signed with the Rockets for the rest of the season.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:36 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
probably a case of the media having nothing else to report. Wait to see if/when he gets bought out, then they should report where he might go.

if they did get 'bury, they'd probably let cassell go/move to the coaching staff. I highly doubt they'd mess w/ what they got going though at this point. There was other talks about Horry making a comeback, but apparently he and ainge have history. I'd like to see PJ Brown make a comeback but they'd have to change his mind from his "official" retirement a few days ago (although I don't think he's filed the papers)
Old 01-05-2009, 07:40 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,314 Likes on 967 Posts
Z-man is out a month and the Cavs subsequently lose to the Wizards. I've already read one article asking if LBJ has enough help.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:38 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lots of trade talking over here in Blazer land. Local radio shows and insider sources are saying the names, Gerald Wallace, David Lee, and Vince Carter quite a bit in the last few days as players we might be after. Our GM is openly saying hes out shopping right now but wont confirm who or what or when. I'm really excited to see what happens in the next 60 days before the trade deadline ends.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:59 AM
Three Wheelin'

heh....Garnett more a bitch than Sasha or Gasol? I don't think so. He is acting up this year though.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:14 AM
Banned

Sasha is a pretty huge bitch....

Did anyone see Przybilla and Chandler almost throw down in Portland the other night? It was pretty entertaining, and it happened on the end of the court where I have my tickets so I got a pretty close look at the action, Pryz was ready to go though, broken hand and all
Old 01-06-2009, 07:42 AM
Team Owner

I'd love to have Gerald Wallace on my team. He just rings up stats and is a great defender. Wallace, Aldridge, Roy, and Oden (future) is a nice squad.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:18 PM
Ciao Pho Eva eva

Originally Posted by Doom878
I'd love to have Gerald Wallace on my team. He just rings up stats and is a great defender. Wallace, Aldridge, Roy, and Oden (future) is a nice squad.
G Wallace is super gangsta, i wouldnt mind trading for him..

But man LaMarcus Aldridge is developing very quickly.. i was very impressed with him sunday night against the Lakes..
Old 01-06-2009, 04:34 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Palayah8ta
G Wallace is super gangsta, i wouldnt mind trading for him..

But man LaMarcus Aldridge is developing very quickly.. i was very impressed with him sunday night against the Lakes..
LMA was really impressive. Me and the friends I was the game with wondered why in the heck did they not go to him every time. Instead the Blazers kept missing open 3 after open 3.

G Wallace would be good on that team, but they lack a veteran mindset and a bench.

LOL at the Sasha comments. IMO, as big a bitch as he is, the Lakers are more dangerous with him than they are with Fisher or Jordan Farmar at lead guard. Sasha/Kobe/TA is their best backcourt. That's a 6'7" minimum back court with shooting, quickness, defense, transistion, and rebounding skill.

....even more intriguing is the fact that Sasha and Trevor usually don't start.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CarbonGray Earl
LMA was really impressive. Me and the friends I was the game with wondered why in the heck did they not go to him every time. Instead the Blazers kept missing open 3 after open 3.

G Wallace would be good on that team, but they lack a veteran mindset and a bench.

LOL at the Sasha comments. IMO, as big a bitch as he is, the Lakers are more dangerous with him than they are with Fisher or Jordan Farmar at lead guard. Sasha/Kobe/TA is their best backcourt. That's a 6'7" minimum back court with shooting, quickness, defense, transistion, and rebounding skill.

....even more intriguing is the fact that Sasha and Trevor usually don't start.
Everyone knew when Roy went down that Alderage and Rudy would need to step up for us not to take like a five game skid, Alderage has and Rudy has not. Roy is supposed to be back for our game on Saturday against Golden State.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by scholtew
Everyone knew when Roy went down that Alderage and Rudy would need to step up for us not to take like a five game skid, Alderage has and Rudy has not. Roy is supposed to be back for our game on Saturday against Golden State.
Ya, it disappointed me to not see Roy. Good player, good kid, good future. You know, maybe Rudy isn't good at being a lead player in the NBA just yet. He might be one of those guys that needs a Roy and Aldridge to play off of to do his thing.

That's kinda what I saw on the spanish team. They had some pretty commanding point guard play-JC Navarro, Jose Calderon, Ricky Rubio....and guys like Rudy, the Gasol Bros, played off of that.

....whether he's a dunk contest caliber athlete is another question...
Old 01-06-2009, 11:07 PM
Instructor

god fucking damn david west this fool is killing us

we are gonna miss lamar
Old 01-07-2009, 12:01 AM
Safety Car

^^West heard the talk that he couldn't play Gasol....plus losing Odom was pretty big. Was a weird game tonight, refs had something against Fish and Sasha.

Oh well...I'm more worried about the injuries than this loss. Odom, Walton, Jordan out. Thank god its relatively early.

Nice block by Kobe.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:52 AM
Instructor

exactly
better now than later on

odom has a hyperextended knee out for atleast 2 weeks, but we always go over
Old 01-07-2009, 02:10 AM
Banned

So many big names players are hurt right now, possibly the product of a really tough first 1/3 of the season thus far for teams like the Blazers, Nuggets, and Lakers.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:27 AM
Team Owner

A shame for the Nuggets losing Carmelo for at least a month. That team is playing great.

Back to the Blazers I think I read that Roy, Aldridge, and someone else were free agents at the end of the year.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:35 AM
Safety Car

So many big names players are hurt right now, possibly the product of a really tough first 1/3 of the season thus far for teams like the Blazers, Nuggets, and Lakers.
oh ya, the west is still up for grabs. I for one, will not believe the Lakers have it locked up until they have it locked up. The Spurs seem to be making themselves relevant again, and the Hornets are injury free (though it still took a career night by D-West to beat the Lakers). Cavs lost Zydrunas, so it might get interesting in the east.

The C's look a little worn down as well. Caught the last minute of their game with the bobcats, looks a little like people are standing up to their act now, kinda how the Blazers did.

Last edited by CarbonGray Earl; 01-07-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:11 PM
Instructor

Back to the Blazers I think I read that Roy, Aldridge, and someone else were free agents at the end of the year.

no way in hell i think they would be moving teams. they have too much going for them with oden rising slowly and aldrige killing every single person with his versatility and roy dishing and dicing and draining.
look for blazers to really go deep in the next 2-3 years. they won't win the first time of course, but as they gain experience, they'll drive deep into the playoffs.
hopefully we see a cavs vs. blazers final. imagine that.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Instructor

oh ya, the west is still up for grabs. I for one, will not believe the Lakers have it locked up until they have it locked up. The Spurs seem to be making themselves relevant again, and the Hornets are injury free (though it still took a career night by D-West to beat the Lakers). Cavs lost Zydrunas, so it might get interesting in the east.

The C's look a little worn down as well. Caught the last minute of their game with the bobcats, looks a little like people are standing up to their act now, kinda how the Blazers did.
and the fatigue
hits
now.

this is the time the veteran teams like the spurs and suns will make their push to get up in the west by dealing with the fatigue and playing through the problems of the other teams.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by tiredandhungry67
no way in hell i think they would be moving teams. they have too much going for them with oden rising slowly and aldrige killing every single person with his versatility and roy dishing and dicing and draining.
look for blazers to really go deep in the next 2-3 years. they won't win the first time of course, but as they gain experience, they'll drive deep into the playoffs.
hopefully we see a cavs vs. blazers final. imagine that.
They would move for $
Old 01-07-2009, 03:22 PM
Safety Car

They would move for $
which Paul Allen has always had alot of. I'm not sure they'll be moving either, but what do I know.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:26 PM
Missing My CL-S

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
there are a lot of key players injured right now, wtf:

Carmelo Anthony
Jose Calderon
Andrew Bogut
T.J. Ford
Ron Artest
Baron Davis
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Brandon Roy
Rasheed Wallace
Jermaine O'Neal
Luol Deng
Richard Hamilton
Zach Randolph
Elton Brand
Chris Kaman
Carlos Boozer
Brendan Haywood
Gilbert Arenas
Monta Ellis
Marvin Williams
Old 01-07-2009, 05:22 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by SG81

Carmelo Anthony
Jose Calderon
Andrew Bogut
T.J. Ford
Ron Artest
Baron Davis
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Brandon Roy
Rasheed Wallace
Jermaine O'Neal
Luol Deng
Richard Hamilton
Zach Randolph
Elton Brand
Chris Kaman
Carlos Boozer
Brendan Haywood
Gilbert Arenas
Monta Ellis
Marvin Williams
Drew Gooden
Lamar Odom
Jordan Farmar
Luke Walton
Richard Hamilton
Mike Dunleavy
Shawn Marion

damn no spurs or celtics on there
Old 01-07-2009, 05:41 PM
Safety Car

Drew Gooden
Lamar Odom
Jordan Farmar
Luke Walton
Richard Hamilton
Mike Dunleavy
Shawn Marion

damn no spurs or celtics on there
KG's got a calf strain that he is playing through, and the Spurs might have already had their major injuries for the year (Parker and Ginobili were out for the beginning of the year I believe).
Old 01-07-2009, 06:40 PM
Instructor

KG's got a calf strain that he is playing through, and the Spurs might have already had their major injuries for the year (Parker and Ginobili were out for the beginning of the year I believe).

oh shit i forgot about the spurs.

and i guess it is about that time of the year where paul pierce gets stabbed at a gay bar
Old 01-07-2009, 09:22 PM
Missing My CL-S

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
oh shit i forgot about the spurs.

and i guess it is about that time of the year where paul pierce gets stabbed at a gay bar
Benzeno was at a gay bar
Old 01-07-2009, 09:49 PM
Banned

They would move for $
They are restricted free agents, Roy, Alderage, and Rudy. So other teams can offer them money, but we can counter offer, and I don't see any of those three demanding a trade. Word on the street up here is that there are 7 year deals in the works for both Roy and Alderage. But as said in an above post, Paul Alan has huge money and has made it very clear in numerous interviews that he loves the core of our team and will do whatever it takes on his end to keep it together. He also doesn't mind paying the luxury tax , look back to the Jail Blazers era we were paying those idiots huge money.

Money aside everyone on the team gets along very well and can see the light at the end of the tunnel if they keep it together
Old 01-08-2009, 12:07 AM
Banned

Blazers win tonight against Pistons at home, Alderage has a great game. any Oregon members ever go to the games? Hit me up im here nearly every game
Old 01-08-2009, 03:04 AM
Instructor

Benzeno was at a gay bar

gay nightclub
my bad
here is the official transcript from cnn

MARY ELLEN BURNS, DIRECTOR MEDIA RELATIONS, BOSTON POLICE: At approximately 1:00 this morning Boston police responded to the Buzz Club, which is at 51 Stuart Street in the Theater District. Upon arrival, officers learned that one victim, 24-year-old Paul Pierce, had been stabbed several times during an altercation inside the nightclub.

QUESTION: What kind of a party was this?
BURNS: I don't know what the party was for. I know that it was some sort of a ticketed event.
QUESTION: Neighbors around there say, typically, that club is not opened on Sunday nights; that would be unusual.
BURNS: I don't know. I do know that the club operates under different names, different nights of the week, because when we, kind of, brought it up, it comes out as different names, so, apparently there are different nights stipulated for different types. Many of the clubs in the city have things like that. They have Latin nights or they have, you know, whatever nights, so...
BURNS: I understand that also it's a gay club.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:46 AM
Team Owner

Ahh. Restricted is a different animal.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:10 PM
Ciao Pho Eva eva

Jermaine O'Neal

Elton Brand

Gilbert Arenas
hahah these guys are never healthy..
Old 01-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Banned

Ahh. Restricted is a different animal.
Yea it's crazy to think this is only those guys third year in the league. So its the end of the rookie contracts. Looks like the trade rumors has been squelched for now, at least until the off season or next year when there are more quality players available, becasue what we really need is a domanite 3 and theres not one out there right now for us to get.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:58 PM
Instructor

Yea it's crazy to think this is only those guys third year in the league. So its the end of the rookie contracts. Looks like the trade rumors has been squelched for now, at least until the off season or next year when there are more quality players available, becasue what we really need is a domanite 3 and theres not one out there right now for us to get.

we'll give you luke walton for a bag of chips and a 2 liter soda.

come on!
it's bill walton's son!
Old 01-08-2009, 08:13 PM
Banned

we'll give you luke walton for a bag of chips and a 2 liter soda.

come on!
it's bill walton's son!
SOLD on the condition he agrees to wear tye die and act like a hippie!!!!
Old 01-09-2009, 01:28 AM
Instructor

SOLD on the condition he agrees to wear tye die and act like a hippie!!!!
shit i am ready to pack his bags and drive him up there
hell he can ride shotgun too
Old 01-09-2009, 02:14 AM
Banned

HAHAHA yea that dude is Travis Outlaw on our team this year, in the crowd people will yell Travis NO when he gets the ball. I'm sure there is more than one fan(myself included) that would drive him to his new team if we traded him. Yea, he hit the game winner Wednesday against the pistons but the has fucked up way more than he has done well.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:10 PM
Ciao Pho Eva eva

HAHAHA yea that dude is Travis Outlaw on our team this year, in the crowd people will yell Travis NO when he gets the ball. I'm sure there is more than one fan(myself included) that would drive him to his new team if we traded him. Yea, he hit the game winner Wednesday against the pistons but the has fucked up way more than he has done well.
Well trade u Batum for Chris Mihm and we'll sign n trade Smush Parker too!
Old 01-09-2009, 12:22 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
What's happend to the Celtics? Seems like they can't recover since hitting the wall (a.k.a Lakers).
Old 01-09-2009, 12:26 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Blazers warn teams not to pick up Miles

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=505214

Originally Posted by The Sporting News
The Portland Trail Blazers have warned other NBA teams that if they put Darius Miles on the court, the Blazers might sue them, SportsIllustrated.com reports.

Miles had microfracture surgery to repair his right knee in November 2006, and he was released last April after his injury was declared "career-ending" by a medical examiner appointed by the league and the players union.

Miles has attempted a comeback this season. He has played eight exhibition and regular-season games with the Boston Celtics and Memphis Grizzlies, who waived him this week. If he were picked up by another team and plays in two more games, Miles' original $9 million salary could count against the Blazers' payroll this season and next. That would put Portland over the luxury tax threshold, costing the team millions and harming its negotiating ability in free agency next offseason.

"The Portland Trail Blazers will take all necessary steps to safeguard its rights, including, without limitation, litigation," Blazers president Larry Miller wrote in an e-mail addressed to all NBA team presidents late Thursday. SI.com acquired a copy of the memo from an NBA team executive.

"The Portland Trail Blazers are aware that certain teams may be contemplating signing Darius Miles to a contract for the purpose of adversely impacting the Portland Trail Blazers Salary Cap and tax positions," the e-mail stated. "Such conduct from a team would violate its fiduciary duty as an NBA joint venture. In addition, persons or entities involved in such conduct may be individually liable to the Portland Trail Blazers for tortuously interfering with the Portland Trail Blazers' contract rights and perspective economic opportunities."

The team executive that spoke with SI.com said it is unprecedented for one team to threaten a lawsuit against another team for signing a player who is a free agent.
Which NBA team wants to help the Lakers out for next season?
Old 01-09-2009, 12:43 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by jlukja
What's happend to the Celtics? Seems like they can't recover since hitting the wall (a.k.a Lakers).
Seems like they were running the 40 yard dash when the NBA season is a marathon. I think their starters are averaging more minutes than other starters around the league.

Quick Reply: NBA: 2008 Season Thread