Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

NBA: 2008 Season Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 10:06 PM
Engineer

Received 76 Likes on 53 Posts
I can't wait for the Christmas showdown!

BEAT LA!!!
Old 12-24-2008, 05:54 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
yea, I think that's the most anticipated game so far this season. I was hoping to go, but I think I have family stuff. Not even sure I'll get to watch it.

past couple weeks I would've said the lakers had no shot at beating the celtics, even at home, but LA looked pretty good today against NO. Hopefully they'll figure out what to do about the backup PG spot. Ariza did pretty well guarding CP3 when fisher was out, but not sure they have someone to keep up w/ rondo.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:00 AM
Missing My CL-S

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by savage

BEAT LA!!!
I'm hoping the Lakers win!

Kobe for 50
Old 12-24-2008, 04:31 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beat LA, Beat LA, Beat LA
Old 12-24-2008, 05:07 PM
Ciao Pho Eva eva

BEAT LA!!!
That shits played out.. lol

i hope Paul Pierce come back from a temporary paralysis again lol, that was entertaining.. reminded me of pro wrestling.. hahah..

either way tomorrows game will be good..
Old 12-24-2008, 06:58 PM
Engineer

Originally Posted by Palayah8ta
That shits played out.. lol

either way tomorrows game will be good..

actually it's a throwback and I agree, this has the potential to be the best game of the season so far. I want to see if Rondo is gonna be blowing past your D...
Old 12-24-2008, 09:21 PM
Banned

The only reason I really want to see the Celtics win is because I never want to see Kobe win a championship without Shaq, and its my opinion that he never will. Givin these things no one will be able to mention his name in the same breath as Jordan ever again...
Jordan could have done it by himself in his prime, and I dont beleive Kobe will ever do it.
Old 12-25-2008, 06:58 PM
I'm in

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
Lakers > Celtics...

Awesome game...
Old 12-26-2008, 01:28 AM
Banned

For one game in LA, Lakers will choke come playoff time,mark my words, Kobe will never will another title in his NBA career
Old 12-26-2008, 11:43 AM
Ciao Pho Eva eva

Originally Posted by scholtew
For one game in LA, Lakers will choke come playoff time,mark my words, Kobe will never will another title in his NBA career
with all due respect.. go fuck yourself.. hahah

but yea Kobe alone cant win it, Jordan had Pippen, Kobe has Pau. Lakers have a chance.. but they still need to work on there D and get a real point guard..
Old 12-26-2008, 11:51 AM
Safety Car

Received 168 Likes on 122 Posts

but yea Kobe alone cant win it, Jordan had Pippen, Kobe has Pau. Lakers have a chance.. but they still need to work on there D and get a real point guard..
Blazer fans hate the Lakers. Big deal, take a number. They won't be the rivals they think they are for a couple of years.

Like you said, the Lakers won, but they aren't there yet. Celtics are still the better team. They have a better chance to sustain the effort throughout the year. The Lakers tend to have mental lapses.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:59 AM
Safety Car

actually it's a throwback and I agree, this has the potential to be the best game of the season so far. I want to see if Rondo is gonna be blowing past your D...

"Beat LA" is music to my ears (or eye candy in this case).

The Lakers looked like they were all arms yesterday. Rondo, Pierce, Tony Allen all tried to get to the cup but a Laker 7 footer was always on there to alter or challenge. Ariza and Lamar were long enough to challenge those shots on the perimeter.

Still, the Celtics are mentally tough and have a superior assistant coaching staff. They'll figure something out come Finals time.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:03 PM
Banned

Thats chill, just remember to come back to this thread in May when the Celtics are raising their second straight and and Kobe is out trolling for another white girl to rape...did I just say that, yes I did Karma is a bitch
Old 12-26-2008, 12:29 PM
Instructor

damn yesterday's game=the best this season. we came strong, and killed it left and right. kobe did his thing and pau ga-strong went apeshit all over the Celtics in the last 4 min of the fourth.
only a preview for our 4-2 win in the 2009 NBA Finals over the celtics

oh and by the way, how bout that phoenix nail biter. really ruined the Sun's Christmas.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:35 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by tiredandhungry67
damn yesterday's game=the best this season. we came strong, and killed it left and right. kobe did his thing and pau ga-strong went apeshit all over the Celtics in the last 4 min of the fourth.
only a preview for our 4-2 win in the 2009 NBA Finals over the celtics

oh and by the way, how bout that phoenix nail biter. really ruined the Sun's Christmas.
The Suns must have did something to piss God off. They can never beat the Spurs for some reason.

The only game that disappointed yesterday was the Magic-Hornets game. That was over in the first half.

Last edited by CarbonGray Earl; 12-26-2008 at 12:38 PM.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:40 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by CarbonGray Earl
The only game that disappointed yesterday was the Magic-Hornets game. That was over in the first half.

you mean first quarter?
i think the score was 29-14 at the end of the first quarter.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:54 PM
Engineer

"Beat LA" is music to my ears (or eye candy in this case).

The Lakers looked like they were all arms yesterday. Rondo, Pierce, Tony Allen all tried to get to the cup but a Laker 7 footer was always on there to alter or challenge. Ariza and Lamar were long enough to challenge those shots on the perimeter.

Still, the Celtics are mentally tough and have a superior assistant coaching staff. They'll figure something out come Finals time.
It was a good game but the Celtics did not seem like themselves last night, something just seemed off. Rondo had an off night and his play alone takes the Celtics to a whole other level. There were some glimpses of that last night but not enough. I would still take the Celtics in a 7 game series over the Lakers.

The only team that get's me nervous right now are the Cavs. Lebron is gonna get some help by the trade deadline...
Old 12-26-2008, 04:57 PM
Ciao Pho Eva eva

Thats chill, just remember to come back to this thread in May when the Celtics are raising their second straight and and Kobe is out trolling for another white girl to rape...did I just say that, yes I did Karma is a bitch
u really think he raped that chick?? he fucked some skanky massage therapist and got caught.. but what NBA player doesn't fuck around..

anyways, its just one game and the Celtics can still win it all.. thats if they get around lebron..
Old 12-26-2008, 05:43 PM
visit me

It was a good game but the Celtics did not seem like themselves last night, something just seemed off. Rondo had an off night and his play alone takes the Celtics to a whole other level. There were some glimpses of that last night but not enough. I would still take the Celtics in a 7 game series over the Lakers.
i think the difference was kobe guarding rondo. also having bynum back allows everyone else to play their natural position. much better matchups than last year with him out.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:56 PM
Safety Car

The only team that get's me nervous right now are the Cavs. Lebron is gonna get some help by the trade deadline...
I'd give the C's another Finals berth, but I think the east is going to give your guys great competition this year, just like last.

I agree that Rondo is the engine that runs the offense. Honestly though, I think the Lakers understood that well....I know he's earned their respect. So Phil had taller, better defenders on him.....Ariza, Kobe, Sasha all have long arms and are able to switch with other perimeter players to play defense. I also think its a blessing in disguise that Farmar was hurt; no short guys to get posted up on switches.

I was more surprised Pierce didn't go at Walton more. Walton is a pretty weak link on d.

I need to see how the Lakers react in Boston before I give them anything.
Old 12-27-2008, 05:34 PM
Banned

u really think he raped that chick?? he fucked some skanky massage therapist and got caught.. but what NBA player doesn't fuck around..

anyways, its just one game and the Celtics can still win it all.. thats if they get around lebron..
For me its an issue of character that makes me believe he raped that girl. Take for example D Wade and what he did for that family this Christmas, buying them a new house after theirs burnt down. People with good characters have stuff like this make the national news. If Wade was accused of rape we would all be like, fuck that hes a good dude and would not do that to another person, and his wife and kids.

I have never heard a Kobe good deed make the national news, only the bad shit that he has done, which leads me to believe that the guy is an asshole and only cares about himself.

I am a Blazers fan, but more than that I am a basketball fan, have been my whole life, and I just don't think that Kobe is good for the associations face and reputation. I do recognize that he is a hell of a basketball player, probably the best since Jordan retired the second time, but as a human being hes a fucking creep. Ok rant over, time to get ready to go to Blazers V. Raptors tonight
Old 12-27-2008, 07:42 PM
Safety Car

For me its an issue of character that makes me believe he raped that girl. Take for example D Wade and what he did for that family this Christmas, buying them a new house after theirs burnt down. People with good characters have stuff like this make the national news. If Wade was accused of rape we would all be like, fuck that hes a good dude and would not do that to another person, and his wife and kids.

I have never heard a Kobe good deed make the national news, only the bad shit that he has done, which leads me to believe that the guy is an asshole and only cares about himself.

I am a Blazers fan, but more than that I am a basketball fan, have been my whole life, and I just don't think that Kobe is good for the associations face and reputation. I do recognize that he is a hell of a basketball player, probably the best since Jordan retired the second time, but as a human being hes a fucking creep. Ok rant over, time to get ready to go to Blazers V. Raptors tonight
I never thought people should care that much. I mean, the Trailblazers were called the Jailblazers for quite awhile, right? Judging from the domestic violence cases, the marijuana charges, and general attitude that vintage of Blazers took on the court, the JailBlazer term seemed entirely appropriate. But was that Portland? No. In the end, did it matter on the court? No. It may feed the fire of hate for an opposing fan, may add to the gossipy hype surrounding sports nowadays, but real game is what happens on the court, not off.

I'm not that good, but I've been lucky enough to play a handful of guys that made the pros, either before they make it or while they were in it, and played more D1 collegiate talent than I can remember. Some of them will high five you and tell you good game and some of them won't. If Kobe is a creep (and I've heard first hand that in person he's not) well fuck it. If it provides a little bit more satisfaction that he get's beat, so be it. He AIN'T Jordan, he ain't even Magic, but who says he is? It isn't him. But don't make it into what its not. In the end, its just basketball. Its more fun to keep it light around here.

I'll get off my soapbox. Lakers are playing the blazers on Jan 4, I'll be interested to see how Roy is progressing, he's rollin right now. If Oden stays well this game, we'll have a good center matchup as well. Should be fun.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:49 PM
Ciao Pho Eva eva

I never thought people should care that much. I mean, the Trailblazers were called the Jailblazers for quite awhile, right? Judging from the domestic violence cases, the marijuana charges, and general attitude that vintage of Blazers took on the court, the JailBlazer term seemed entirely appropriate. But was that Portland? No. In the end, did it matter on the court? No. It may feed the fire of hate for an opposing fan, may add to the gossipy hype surrounding sports nowadays, but real game is what happens on the court, not off.

I'm not that good, but I've been lucky enough to play a handful of guys that made the pros, either before they make it or while they were in it, and played more D1 collegiate talent than I can remember. Some of them will high five you and tell you good game and some of them won't. If Kobe is a creep (and I've heard first hand that in person he's not) well fuck it. If it provides a little bit more satisfaction that he get's beat, so be it. He AIN'T Jordan, he ain't even Magic, but who says he is? It isn't him. But don't make it into what its not. In the end, its just basketball. Its more fun to keep it light around here.

I'll get off my soapbox. Lakers are playing the blazers on Jan 4, I'll be interested to see how Roy is progressing, he's rollin right now. If Oden stays well this game, we'll have a good center matchup as well. Should be fun.
Well said.. i dont know how much of the "NBA Cares" bullshit i actually believe.. Kobe might be an ass, but he wins games for my Team
Old 12-29-2008, 06:58 PM
Safety Car

^^thanks. I'd give NBA cares the benefit of the doubt. Just hope the charity helps out who its supposed to help out.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:02 AM
I'm in

Blazers>Celtics

Great game...
Old 12-31-2008, 12:10 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,098 Likes on 832 Posts
Originally Posted by PPLAPW
Heat vs cavs D-wade ftw
Great game...
fixed
Old 12-31-2008, 12:59 AM
Safety Car

Blazers>Celtics

Great game...
Saw the score, maybe I'll catch it on NBA TV or something.

Good job Blazers. Cavs lost tonight too....so this is getting very interesting.....
Old 12-31-2008, 01:37 AM
Banned

Seriously one of the best games i've been to in a couple of seasons, just an absolute brawl until the end.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:44 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I loved the play w/ 6 guys on the court
Old 12-31-2008, 07:56 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,314 Likes on 967 Posts
Another nice win for the Heat as the Cavs had only allowed 3 other times 100+ points. LBJ still lit us up but Wade still did his thing and Chalmers had his best game of the year. It's nice to have shooters again with Cook doing his thing too. Wait until James Jones comes back.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:04 PM
Instructor

damn my Lakers have a long break before our next game
and idk if i agree Kobe is an ass. yeah he may seem like one, but this is the media aspect we see, blown out of proportion, plus its all based on individual bias.
and while on the topic of asses, i pick KG. biggest 180 turn. while in minny, he was such a respectable individual with great character, but in boston, he's trying to punk everyone with some cheap shit.
Pachulia
Calderon

Belinelli

Aldridge
- good shit for going back at him
Bogut

lets see if this punk has the nuts to go up and do this to shaq, sheed, dwight howard, marcus camby, etc...
Old 12-31-2008, 06:03 PM
Ciao Pho Eva eva

Why is it so hard to win at the Rose Garden?
Old 12-31-2008, 08:40 PM
I'm in

Originally Posted by asianspec
fixed
That game was sweet as well...
Old 12-31-2008, 08:40 PM
I'm in

Why is it so hard to win at the Rose Garden?
Fans.
Crowd.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:42 PM
I'm in

Forgot a video: Garnett gets on all four and taunts Jerry Bayless...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_YysS4vCKis&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_YysS4vCKis&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 01-01-2009, 01:14 AM
Instructor

Forgot a video: Garnett gets on all four and taunts Jerry Bayless...

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_YysS4vCKis&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

shows what a "bitch" he is

haha
Old 01-02-2009, 10:26 AM
Ciao Pho Eva eva

He did that game 6 against us last year.. to Lamar. Now everytime Lamar gets the chance, he throws a bow or shoulder to KG.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:45 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
ESPN's Mark Stein is reporting that Stephon Marbury will join the Celtics as soon as soon as he gets released from the Knicks

...i don't get it ...Rondo, Cassell, Marbury???

ARTICLE
Old 01-02-2009, 01:49 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,314 Likes on 967 Posts
That would suck. Plus they were talking to Mutombo. Are they trying to compile a late 90's all star team or something?
Old 01-02-2009, 02:42 PM
Ciao Pho Eva eva

I think that Crapberry wants to goto the Celtics... but i dont think it'll ever happen.. the article tries not to dwell on the fact that his last stint with the Celts didnt go too well..

Quick Reply: NBA: 2008 Season Thread