Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

MMA: The Ultimate Fighter Discussion Thread

Old 12-02-2009 | 08:18 PM

Damn big baby is crazy and im talking about the bad crazy type.
Old 12-03-2009 | 02:52 AM
RPF1+RS3 FTW

Wow Schaub impressed the hell out of me with that win against big baby. They were showing previews of the finale during the episode and I thought it was going to be big baby vs big country in the finale. They pulled a fast one on me though lol

Anyways I can't wait to see the finale, hopefully Schaub knocks out Big Country, because man BC has to be the most boring fighter I have ever watched.
Old 12-03-2009 | 02:40 PM
Safety Car

Looks like its going to be a decent card - plus we'll get the chance to see Big Baby follow through on his threats to murder Matt Mitrione!

Old 12-03-2009 | 03:04 PM
Above n Beyond

Gotta love a few episodes back Rashad told Rampage "I'm gonna make you quit" and little did they both know about 3 months later, Rampage quit. haha. Looks like Rashad got the last laugh.

I honestly had no respect for Rashad up until this show. His uncharacteristics in the octagon during/after his fights and the cockiness he just flaunted. Especially when he was on TUF, nobody cared for the guy. It was a shame because he has talent.

Now during the show I have gained respect and lost it for Rampage. We all know these fighters are not coaches but Rashad really stepped up and tried to help his team. You can see that he put his heart into teaching them to be better. Rampage, well.....just cared about pranks and his Audi R8 :jealous:

I smell a knockout coming from Houston Alexander.
Old 12-03-2009 | 06:47 PM
RPF1+RS3 FTW

^^^ good post, I agree with everything, including being jealous about the R8 lol

anyways I can't wait to see the finale.
Old 12-03-2009 | 06:49 PM
RPF1+RS3 FTW

Originally Posted by Shadzilla
Looks like its going to be a decent card - plus we'll get the chance to see Big Baby follow through on his threats to murder Matt Mitrione!
I think I am more excited to see this fight than the fight between Nelson and Schaub lol
Old 12-03-2009 | 08:03 PM
Safety Car

In all honesty, after watching this whole season, with all the shit thats been going on, the drama, the build-up, etc., the fight I was most looking forward to was Rashad vs. Rampage. I know it wouldn't have been on the finale, it would've been at UFC 107 next week, but still. As soon as the "Rampage quits MMA" news started to spread, it kind of put a damper on the rest of the season for me. Every time they get into each other's faces, just knowing that fight is not going to happen, it's pretty disappointing.
Old 12-03-2009 | 08:17 PM
Above n Beyond

The last "face to face" yesterday in the gym hallway was pretty intense. I thought one was at least going to shove the other.

I think Rampage will be back after his stupid movie role. He's not done. He has too many fans.
Old 12-03-2009 | 11:01 PM

I'm really not all that hype for Marcus Vs Mitrione. I mean Mitrione isn't a douche and obviously that eye poke was an accident. If anything I want to see Marcus rip Mcsweeney apart for being a douche to Mitrione and Jensen. I'm definitely more hyped about Kimbo fighting again though.
Old 12-04-2009 | 12:06 AM

On another note. I really hated seeing Marcus get knocked out like that. It's his character and personality that gets me hyped up every time I see him enter the ring. I mean Schaub is a nice/good guy who is talented, but he doesn't give off the same hyped up vibe as Marcus.

Outside of the ring, Marcus talks about family and flowers but when he enters the ring, he gives the most scariest face expression. It's that kind of guy that makes me look forward to a fight.
Old 12-04-2009 | 12:23 AM
RPF1+RS3 FTW

In all honesty, after watching this whole season, with all the shit thats been going on, the drama, the build-up, etc., the fight I was most looking forward to was Rashad vs. Rampage. I know it wouldn't have been on the finale, it would've been at UFC 107 next week, but still. As soon as the "Rampage quits MMA" news started to spread, it kind of put a damper on the rest of the season for me. Every time they get into each other's faces, just knowing that fight is not going to happen, it's pretty disappointing.
I agree, I really wanted to see this fight happen. More than ever after watching the last episode. I think Rampage will be back though after he is done making his movie.
Old 12-04-2009 | 12:24 AM
RPF1+RS3 FTW

Originally Posted by mdkxtreme
On another note. I really hated seeing Marcus get knocked out like that. It's his character and personality that gets me hyped up every time I see him enter the ring. I mean Schaub is a nice/good guy who is talented, but he doesn't give off the same hyped up vibe as Marcus.

Outside of the ring, Marcus talks about family and flowers but when he enters the ring, he gives the most scariest face expression. It's that kind of guy that makes me look forward to a fight.
You can't help but root for Marcus, hes such a lovable guy. He made it sound like he was done with fighting though after Schaub knocked him out.
Old 12-04-2009 | 04:31 AM
Lt. Gamble

Originally Posted by UNCTYPE-S
Gotta love a few episodes back Rashad told Rampage "I'm gonna make you quit" and little did they both know about 3 months later, Rampage quit. haha. Looks like Rashad got the last laugh.

I honestly had no respect for Rashad up until this show. His uncharacteristics in the octagon during/after his fights and the cockiness he just flaunted. Especially when he was on TUF, nobody cared for the guy. It was a shame because he has talent.

Now during the show I have gained respect and lost it for Rampage. We all know these fighters are not coaches but Rashad really stepped up and tried to help his team. You can see that he put his heart into teaching them to be better. Rampage, well.....just cared about pranks and his Audi R8 :jealous:

I smell a knockout coming from Houston Alexander.
I agree. I always hated Rashad for his cockiness when he was on TUF and even Hughes put him check in regards to his douchery but later on respected his talent as a fighter. However, during this season, much like when Tito was a coach, I've gained a lot of respect for Rashad and his qualities as a a great MMA fighter and coach. DAMN I WANT TO SEE A EVANS/JACKSON FIGHT, AHHHH!!. Knowing that they aren't going to fight ruined the whole season for me. I purposely won't go see the A-Team movie for that reason (plus it will probably suck anyways). Also, Kimbo is all hype and I hope the monster that is Houston Alexander welcomes Kimbo to the UFC with a right cross to the jaw resulting in a K.O.,.. I'm over Kimbo, is anyone with me on that?

Originally Posted by AnthraciteAspec
You can't help but root for Marcus, hes such a lovable guy. He made it sound like he was done with fighting though after Schaub knocked him out.
Dude, I love Marcus, you just like want to take care of him like a child or something . Schaub really impressed me, two K.O.'s in the TUF says a lot about a fighter and his abilities. As for Mitrione fighting again, fuck him, f-ing douchebag pussy bitch, go back to the NFL or whatever. I'd rather see McSweeny and Jensen fight, just to finish off what they started in the bedroom, you know what I mean?

Anyways, it looks like an interesting card and I'll be sure to watch this time (since I missed the Ortiz/Griffin fight, Dammit!!).
Old 12-04-2009 | 04:45 AM

^^Tito vs griffin was lame. You didn't miss anything.
Old 12-04-2009 | 07:58 AM
Safety Car

Exclamation Rampage Returning to UFC

Well I'll be damned, all you guys that predicted Rampage would be back were right! Posted on his blog early this morning:

Now, I wanted to let my fans know that I'm going to come back to the UFC & finish my contract. Not because the haters are talking shit about me being scared of Rashad or Titties or anybody else. I'm coming back for my fans & to shut Rashad's mouth up & shut Dana's mouth up. Then after that I'm going back to doing movies & I might do a boxing match once a year just to stay in shape. Hate on dis!
Looks like we might see Rampage and Rashad after all. I'll believe it when I see it though.
Old 12-04-2009 | 08:41 AM
Above n Beyond

I knew he wouldn't come back to anything other than his fans. He would be a big dissapointment if he just folded and retired.

And about him being done after his contract is up, I will say this....if he loses to Rashad, he is going to retire. If he beats Rashad, he will work something out with Dana and he will be back. Man, sometimes this crap is so predictable and dramatic. Just fight or GTFO!
Old 12-04-2009 | 09:24 AM
Safety Car

If he beats Rashad, he will work something out with Dana and he will be back.
We all know if this happens, who his next opponent MUST be:
Old 12-04-2009 | 10:21 AM
Above n Beyond

As funny as it would be, I dont think it would ever happen. Titties would need to lose alot of weight also to even compete in the 205.
Old 12-04-2009 | 02:42 PM
Safety Car

As funny as it would be, I dont think it would ever happen. Titties would need to lose alot of weight also to even compete in the 205.
Well, he has been recalled to active duty in the Army, so I'm sure he'll have the opportunity to shed a few pounds. If Rampage can go up, maybe they could fight at a 215 catchweight?

FYI, Titties wasn't always Titties: I saw this pic in another forum, supposedly its from only a couple years ago:

Old 12-04-2009 | 03:23 PM
Lt. Gamble

Well I'll be damned, all you guys that predicted Rampage would be back were right! Posted on his blog early this morning:

Looks like we might see Rampage and Rashad after all. I'll believe it when I see it though.
Old 12-04-2009 | 03:28 PM
Above n Beyond

A couple years is a couple years, but yes, he looks good there. What happened? LOL

I just think by the time Rampage and titties even fight (if they were to), the public anxiousness will fizzle out. Rampage should fight him first and then Rashad.
Old 12-05-2009 | 11:54 PM
Safety Car

Roy wins the big one. Can't say that I'm surprised. Mitrione knocking out Big Baby, THAT was a surprise. My guess is Marcus is done with MMA after this.

Bones Jones getting DQ'd was BS. He had the fight won, regardless of those last few 12-6 elbows.

So now we've got Team Tito vs. Team Liddell to look forward to. Judging by their last two respective fights, I'm not all that excited.
Old 12-06-2009 | 01:12 AM
One on the right for me

the dq was bullshit
Old 12-06-2009 | 02:01 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by subinf
the dq was bullshit
Especially given the fact that Hamill admitted during the post fight interview that he couldn't continue because of a shoulder injury... which could not have been caused by an illegal elbow to the head.
Old 12-06-2009 | 10:42 AM
Above n Beyond

Not even going to waste more than a sentence on my reactions to last night.
Old 12-06-2009 | 12:32 PM

Honestly I think I could really really say that I knew big baby was going to get knocked out, since the previous fight, it seems like he cant take to many punches, let alone he really does not have a stand up game.

Houston Alexander:thumbsdow

Cant wait for next saturday, Bj vs. Sanchez, I hope sanchez wins, its going to be a good fight.
Old 12-06-2009 | 01:20 PM
One on the right for me

Having never seen Kimbo fight before I thought he did alright. That guy has some serious strength. I have no idea who his opponent was but he was tossing him around pretty well.
Old 12-06-2009 | 03:40 PM
The Dumb One

Originally Posted by subinf
Having never seen Kimbo fight before I thought he did alright. That guy has some serious strength. I have no idea who his opponent was but he was tossing him around pretty well.
how do you not know who houston alexander is? he's been on multiple cards in the last 2 years and has been and beaten top contendors...

was last night your first ufc experience?
Old 12-06-2009 | 04:45 PM
Lt. Gamble

Originally Posted by Rockstar21
how do you not know who houston alexander is? he's been on multiple cards in the last 2 years and has been and beaten top contendors...

He did say he's never seen Kimbo fight, so...

I was really disappointed in Houston's performance, that guys a monster and usually comes out banging, but apparently he had a plan . However, it was good to see Kimbo with somewhat of a good ground game. It seems he is finally learning how to be a well rounded MMA fighter, hopefully he continues to progress in this direction. Plus that suplex slam he had on Alexander was F-ING AWESOME!! I watched it like 50 times, the brutality!

As for the rest of the card. I wanted Schaub to win but seeing Nelson fight in the IFL, you just knew his experience would dominate. The D.Q. was total B.S., Big Baby was a disappointment and Mitrione can still suck it. Who gains fat while training? Titties that's who! . Always enjoy watching Frankie Edgar fight, I love that weight class!! Faber needs to come to the UFC, but that discussion is for another time. As for next week, go Sanchez!!

Last edited by madcaps; 12-06-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old 12-07-2009 | 12:23 AM
RPF1+RS3 FTW

Just watched it tonight on the DVR. There was some great fights. Edgar/Veach fight was a great fight. Schaub/Nelson was a really good fight. Kimbo/Houston was boring at fist but the second round was pretty exciting. Jon Bones Jones should have won, he clearly dominated that fight but rules are rules, he shouldn't have thrown those elbows. He probably could have just stood up and the fight would have ended. Anyways I really I enjoyed all the fights. Shocker of the night, Roy knocked somebody out lol
Old 12-07-2009 | 12:33 AM
Safety Car

Kimbo's last 4 fights have been abysmal.

He beat James Thompson over a bull shit stoppage (the guys ear burst open and started bleeding profusely - but fights are only supposed to be stopped when blood is imparing a fighter's vision, which in this case it was not). If that fight had gone to decision, Kimbo would have easily lost. If you re-watch the ending of the fight, after the bell is rung, Thompson is arguing with ref's, meanwhile Kimbo is flat on his back gasping for every breath.

He got TKO'd by Seth Petruzelli in 25 seconds.

Roy TKO'd him easily as well.

And then we have the Houston Alexander fight, which went 3 minutes before Kimbo even THREW A PUNCH! His ground game in this fight, although improved, was embarassing to watch.

I don't think Kimbo has much of a future in MMA. He should have gone into boxing, which is his strong suit. His lack of ju-jitsu/wrestling/kickboxing skills make him ill-suited for MMA.
Old 12-07-2009 | 01:04 AM
RPF1+RS3 FTW

I think if Houston would have come to the center of the ring a punch would have been thrown right away. So I can't really say thats entirely his fault, I do think he should have simply cut off the ring from Alexander. Anyways I agree with everything else, he really has a severe lack of skills that truly do make him ill-suited for MMA. Any UFC heavyweight fighter will destroy him.
Old 12-07-2009 | 09:01 AM
Above n Beyond

I don't think Kimbo has much of a future in MMA. He should have gone into boxing, which is his strong suit. His lack of ju-jitsu/wrestling/kickboxing skills make him ill-suited for MMA.
Not to mention he's not the youngest branch on the tree either.
Old 12-07-2009 | 09:03 AM
Above n Beyond

Originally Posted by AnthraciteAspec
I think if Houston would have come to the center of the ring a punch would have been thrown right away. So I can't really say thats entirely his fault, I do think he should have simply cut off the ring from Alexander. Anyways I agree with everything else, he really has a severe lack of skills that truly do make him ill-suited for MMA. Any UFC heavyweight fighter will destroy him.
It's both of their faults. They were feeling eachother out a little too much. If Houston wants to dance around the octagon all round, that's his choice but Kimbo should of went on the attack. You play your game but at the same time you have to make adjustments if NOTHING is advancing.

So much for Houston "introducing Kimbo to the UFC".
Old 12-07-2009 | 02:39 PM
One on the right for me

Originally Posted by Rockstar21

No. But I don't generally watch ufc.
Old 12-09-2009 | 08:32 AM
Team Owner

Finally saw this last night. Kimbo probably couldn't cut off Alexander because his knee is still fucked up so he had to move gingerly. That suplex was badass. I literally screamed when he did that. I can't believe a guy like Alexander loses to Kimbo but beats Jardine.

I really liked Big Baby too. He seems like such a good guy and has pretty good ground game. Mitrione as much as a weirdo he was on the show (every season has to have a drama queen) has some heavy hands. I hope to see both fight later on.

That guy Bones is crazy. Hes so lanky he looks like a Punch Out opponent. His style is so weird. I've gotta look up this guy's fights. This guy will be star.

Now that was an impressive win for Big Country. He started off with his takedown which seems automatic so far. Schaub has a good bottom game because he's escaped Darkness and BC. Plus he has awesome stand up and will develop and to an awesome fighter. I've only seen BC fight in the UFC so I didn't know he had that kind of stand up. Caught him nasty behind the ear. Schaub's gf is pretty hot and BC's has some nice

I'm geeked up for TUF11 with Lidell vs Tito 3. They're looking for 185ers to beat Silva.