Hockey: News and Discussion Thread - Page 1407 - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community



Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

View Poll Results: Is your team in cap hell?
Yes 0 0%
No 0 0%
Don't care 0 0%
Go Nordiques! 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Hockey: News and Discussion Thread

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2018, 03:17 PM   #56241
Senior Moderator
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 139,168
Thanked 13,726 Times in 8,441 Posts
Wow, sad story about Matt Johnson. Now he's in jail...

https://www.tsn.ca/matt-johnson-jail...geles-1.965368
Yumcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 03:18 PM   #56242
Senior Moderator
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 139,168
Thanked 13,726 Times in 8,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSZ View Post
Duclair is now a Blackhawk. Panel goes to Phoenix.
I like the deal as it frees up cap space for Chicago and injects more youth on an aging core. We'll have to see if Duclair pans out though...Hawks may miss the playoffs at this rate as the Central is crazy competitive.
Yumcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 03:29 PM   #56243
Senior Moderator
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 139,168
Thanked 13,726 Times in 8,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh CL View Post
100% agree & it's a double edged sword to say the least. A goalie's confidence relies on how well the team is playing in front of him (& in his head) but the team's confidence starts with how much of an anchor he is back there. If they don't think they can make the risky play or up the pressure consistently without fearing one ending up in the back of the net then the whole team is just gonna spiral into pretty much what we're seeing now, a disaster.

Did that make sense? .. I just speak from experience since I've been a goalie my whole life and confidence is a deal breaker. If you "think" the team doesn't believe in you, then you start doubting yourself & it doesn't end well for anyone.
Nice sharing of your experience!

I have followed hockey as closely as anyone since I was a kid and being neurotic has helped me also study stats and weird numbers. Goalies, from my understanding of this position, are like QBs...often, a large by-product of the team's overall defensive system and the staff executing that system.

I will contrast 2 teams and coincidentally, I'll use Chicago since I know them best and have plenty of samples:

Chicago's 2-way play overall is usually one of the better ones. People can talk about the offensive numbers all they want but without the 2-way play of players like Toews, Sharp, Hossa from up front and then, obviously, Keith, Seabrook, et al, they would never have won any Cups. They had pretty much "run of the mill" goalies esp. if you factor in one of them was Niemi and then, Crawford, who NO ONE ever gave much credit to...even today with his "good numbers".

If you have a goalie play in that system, they will be successful. They are confident that they have help from the 5 players in front and so, naturally, they are not nervous or basket-cases in net (please see Edmonton). Scott Darling? Oh wait...he was supposedly a "top" goalie and yet, in Raleigh, look at his putrid numbers. Niemi after he left?

Of course, that does not diminish the fact that a goalie needs to make a timely save and not be horrid. But, again, if they are not basketcases, if they are PRO QUALITY, they will thrive. Like a QB in the right system (see Tom Brady vs. say, a Jay Cutler who never had great O-line protection and then, a stream of new coaches/systems afterwards). You give a goalie this sort of environment to thrive over the years, in time, they will likely throw up nice numbers. I attribute Crawford and even LA's Quick to that...the latter always being considered a "top goalie" despite the fact he had mediocre save percentages (I jokingly said to peeps that it's because he looks "sexy" as a goalie with all his splits vs. say, Crawford who never makes that "OMG splashy-looking" stop). In a good system that is consistent, the goalie, over time will obviously grow.




Edmonton? It's a parade of goalies from Dubnyk to Scrivens to now, Talbot. Look at that defense and look at the team before last year's revelation (which IMO, Talbot over-achieved too)...TacoBello can probably comment more but in the games I've watched, the forwards are not as responsible and the defense stacks up to very few top teams. Who is Edmonton's Norris anchor? Who is their Keith? Doughty? Letang? Hedman? Pietrangelo? They have zip...arguably, Edmonton's top pairing is made of #3 and #4 types. That is not a recipe for sustained success and so yeah, now, enter a goalie who KNOWS that his forwards are meh on the 2-way side and his D is so-so...he tightens up. And well, there you go...basketcase after a few bad games when he's hung out to dry.

Just my thought. It's weird now without Moog because he'll just come in and tell me to put down the bong.
Yumcha is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yumcha For This Useful Post:
teh CL (01-11-2018)
Old 01-12-2018, 12:32 PM   #56244
GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
iTrader: (6)
 
e30cabrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: GO RANGERS!!!
Posts: 7,461
Thanked 256 Times in 226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumcha View Post
Edmonton? It's a parade of goalies from Dubnyk to Scrivens to now, Talbot. Look at that defense and look at the team before last year's revelation (which IMO, Talbot over-achieved too)...TacoBello can probably comment more but in the games I've watched, the forwards are not as responsible and the defense stacks up to very few top teams. Who is Edmonton's Norris anchor? Who is their Keith? Doughty? Letang? Hedman? Pietrangelo? They have zip...arguably, Edmonton's top pairing is made of #3 and #4 types. That is not a recipe for sustained success and so yeah, now, enter a goalie who KNOWS that his forwards are meh on the 2-way side and his D is so-so...he tightens up. And well, there you go...basketcase after a few bad games when he's hung out to dry.

Just my thought. It's weird now without Moog because he'll just come in and tell me to put down the bong.
I agree completely. I was (and still am) pissed the Rangers let Talbot go. He was amazing when Hank was out with the throat injury (when his plastic protector was lifted and tehpuck hit him)

The Rangers hang their goalie out to dry almost nightly (35+ shots a game wtf)???
e30cabrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:04 PM   #56245
I love tacos
 
TacoBello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: In an igloo
Posts: 25,148
Thanked 3,654 Times in 2,732 Posts
Don't worry- Edmonton is working VERY hard on ruining Talbot's career
TacoBello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:08 PM   #56246
Senior Moderator
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 139,168
Thanked 13,726 Times in 8,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30cabrio View Post
I agree completely. I was (and still am) pissed the Rangers let Talbot go. He was amazing when Hank was out with the throat injury (when his plastic protector was lifted and tehpuck hit him)

The Rangers hang their goalie out to dry almost nightly (35+ shots a game wtf)???
I will say this: The Rangers' version of hanging out the goalie to dry is not the same as Edmonton's.


Not even the King would do well in Edmonton after a season at best. He'll be a nervous wreck. Watch Talbot's body-language this season...and you can tell that is a goalie who is rattled. The entire team in front of him is also jittery and so, this becomes an awful and toxic environment for all. Giant slippery-slope.

It's really unfortunate because again, I feel bad for fans like Taco. But, freaking...Edmonton does not deserve a hockey team with such ineptitude. And now, here comes that lottery pick.
Yumcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:10 PM   #56247
Senior Moderator
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 139,168
Thanked 13,726 Times in 8,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBello View Post
Don't worry- Edmonton is working VERY hard on ruining Talbot's career
Likely, he'll be "run out of the town" like others and do just fine with another team.

And then, myopic fans or whatever in Edmonton will have a riot on why that goalie "sucked for us" without trying to understand the root cause. No goalie will do well in an Oil uniform until the team D improves. Sharelli should be fired and never given a job again for destroying McDavid's entry-level years and also, giving that team to McDavid with no true puck-pusher on the blueline. That is a grievous mistake.
Yumcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:29 PM   #56248
I love tacos
 
TacoBello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: In an igloo
Posts: 25,148
Thanked 3,654 Times in 2,732 Posts
He's actually had some really bad games. He's let some terribly sloppy goals in as of late- goals that no other goaltender would allow in. It might be his confidence is shook. One thing I've noticed with him though is he always struggles after taking any kind of break off, from being in net. His best performances are the nights where he gets peppered with 30+ SOG. Just before xmas they were able to manage a mild streak of 4 wins, I think.. but than xmas happened... and sloppy goal tending ensued upon return.

But you are right- I still think the defence lines are subpar. The goal tender is your very last line of defence... and we wonder why we lose when the D lines are doing near nothing.

I'm okay with you tearing into the oilers these days. They deserve it. Chiarelli has made some really bad decisions over the last 12 months. I think it's more his fault than anything, and it trickles downwards onto the ice level. when 11 of your 12 forwards don't score in 6 games, I'm thinking you have the wrong forwards out there.. We have some ok forwards, but if they're paired with a guy who is hopeless out there (in terms of NHL caliber), well, what do you expect to happen? They can't carry the entire line.

I would 100% fire Chiarelli before even considering moving Todd McLelland. That was another point the oilers struggled with in the decade of darkness. I think they went through 6 coaches in that time. Every time it's a new system to learn. Every time it's a different game the players have to play. There was no consistency. I think they owe it to themselves to keep the current coach for at least another full season.
TacoBello is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TacoBello For This Useful Post:
Yumcha (01-12-2018)
Old 01-12-2018, 02:44 PM   #56249
Senior Moderator
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 139,168
Thanked 13,726 Times in 8,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBello View Post
He's actually had some really bad games. He's let some terribly sloppy goals in as of late- goals that no other goaltender would allow in. It might be his confidence is shook. One thing I've noticed with him though is he always struggles after taking any kind of break off, from being in net. His best performances are the nights where he gets peppered with 30+ SOG. Just before xmas they were able to manage a mild streak of 4 wins, I think.. but than xmas happened... and sloppy goal tending ensued upon return.

But you are right- I still think the defence lines are subpar. The goal tender is your very last line of defence... and we wonder why we lose when the D lines are doing near nothing.

I'm okay with you tearing into the oilers these days. They deserve it. Chiarelli has made some really bad decisions over the last 12 months. I think it's more his fault than anything, and it trickles downwards onto the ice level. when 11 of your 12 forwards don't score in 6 games, I'm thinking you have the wrong forwards out there.. We have some ok forwards, but if they're paired with a guy who is hopeless out there (in terms of NHL caliber), well, what do you expect to happen? They can't carry the entire line.

I would 100% fire Chiarelli before even considering moving Todd McLelland. That was another point the oilers struggled with in the decade of darkness. I think they went through 6 coaches in that time. Every time it's a new system to learn. Every time it's a different game the players have to play. There was no consistency. I think they owe it to themselves to keep the current coach for at least another full season.
Chicken and egg thing. Talbot gets worse because his confidence and head is gone doink. His PK is record-setting to be an all-time worse. How can you expect any goalie to steal a game if he's a basketcase? At some point, he will meltdown realizing he is THE only line of defense with no help.

Anyways, I feel bad for him. Because yet again, another goalie I'm sure many fans in Edmonton want his head removed. Even if I believe, it's not his fault.
Yumcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:47 PM   #56250
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)
iTrader: (6)
 
97BlackAckCL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ShitsBurgh
Age: 36
Posts: 85,244
Thanked 2,550 Times in 1,809 Posts
Talbot hasn't been the same since he left Cabby's Rangers, perhaps he was a better backup than a starting goalie? Some goalies just can't handle the starting role. Not sure if it's that, or just playing behind a young team that doesn't play defense, or perhaps a combo
97BlackAckCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:17 PM   #56251
I love tacos
 
TacoBello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: In an igloo
Posts: 25,148
Thanked 3,654 Times in 2,732 Posts
What are you on? He was an EXCELLENT starting goalie, all of last year. That guy alone won a number of games for the Oil, last year.
TacoBello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:19 PM   #56252
I love tacos
 
TacoBello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: In an igloo
Posts: 25,148
Thanked 3,654 Times in 2,732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumcha View Post
Chicken and egg thing. Talbot gets worse because his confidence and head is gone doink. His PK is record-setting to be an all-time worse. How can you expect any goalie to steal a game if he's a basketcase? At some point, he will meltdown realizing he is THE only line of defense with no help.

Anyways, I feel bad for him. Because yet again, another goalie I'm sure many fans in Edmonton want his head removed. Even if I believe, it's not his fault.
To be honest, no one is really calling for his head. At least not that I've heard. There are other players well ahead of him that we want gone (Ryan strome, lucic, etc). But that's not to say that won't change.
TacoBello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:16 PM   #56253
Senior Moderator
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 139,168
Thanked 13,726 Times in 8,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBello View Post
To be honest, no one is really calling for his head. At least not that I've heard. There are other players well ahead of him that we want gone (Ryan strome, lucic, etc). But that's not to say that won't change.
Oh okay. That's good...one of the themes I read occasionally in the last few years was the clamor to replace the Oilers goalie. Good that the fans realize it's not his fault. I mean, after the parade in net over the years, people HAVE to have realized it's not the goalie, right?

Good to hear.



And yeah, Loocheech looks slow. Very slow.
Yumcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:49 PM   #56254
I love tacos
 
TacoBello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: In an igloo
Posts: 25,148
Thanked 3,654 Times in 2,732 Posts
yep. lucic is a waste of 6M/year, or whatever they pay him. Maybe it's just me, but if I saw/heard/read the criticisms about me being slow, you'd better believe I'd be shaping up in the off season and trimming down, so that I can move as fast as possible down the ice. That, and I'd find a trainer to help me improve on speed. I mean, I'm being paid 6M a year to do a job and I can't do it.. well.. there's no one to blame other than myself.

Lucic is a big guy. But he doesn't use his size at all. He doesn't dish out beat downs when deserved. He doesn't crush guys when appropriate. He is 6'3" and 240 pounds. Granted he likely has a good amount of muscle on him, but I bet you he can trim down a healthy 20-25 pounds. That's 10% less mass he's trying to shuffle down the ice. Or... is he just slow in general? I'm not expecting McDavid speed from him, but something better than being a boat anchor on the ice.

Beyond that, he has 9 goals and 18 assits... through 44 games. I dunno if that is worth 6M a year. Maybe 4M?

Last edited by TacoBello; 01-12-2018 at 06:51 PM.
TacoBello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:57 AM   #56255
I feel the need...
 
Fibonacci's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Motown
Posts: 14,917
Thanked 472 Times in 340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL View Post
Fibby

Go Pens!



Wing's coming off bye-week so pretty confident they'll lay a stink bomb first game back.
Fibonacci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 10:47 AM   #56256
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)
iTrader: (6)
 
97BlackAckCL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ShitsBurgh
Age: 36
Posts: 85,244
Thanked 2,550 Times in 1,809 Posts
Good weekend of hockey for the Pens, clean sweep of the Fibby's and Cabby's, hoping the Pens can build on this and string some more wins together
97BlackAckCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:02 AM   #56257
GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
iTrader: (6)
 
e30cabrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: GO RANGERS!!!
Posts: 7,461
Thanked 256 Times in 226 Posts
Rangers are the Oprah of the NHL right now.

You get 2 points, you get 2 points, you get 2 points!
e30cabrio is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to e30cabrio For This Useful Post:
BreezyTL (Today), TacoBello (01-16-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 09:46 AM   #56258
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)
iTrader: (6)
 
97BlackAckCL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ShitsBurgh
Age: 36
Posts: 85,244
Thanked 2,550 Times in 1,809 Posts


It's always fun watching Queen Hanky throwing temper tantrums when he doesn't get his way. Throwing a puck at the ref was a bit much though, should have been a penalty
97BlackAckCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 05:12 PM   #56259
Senior Moderator
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 139,168
Thanked 13,726 Times in 8,441 Posts
Taco, don't read this because you'll be sick. But, for everyone else's amusement, here's how Pete Sharelli gifted the Isles their very impressive 2nd line: https://www.thescore.com/news/1468099
Yumcha is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yumcha For This Useful Post:
97BlackAckCL (01-16-2018), TacoBello (01-16-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 05:56 PM   #56260
I feel the need...
 
Fibonacci's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Motown
Posts: 14,917
Thanked 472 Times in 340 Posts
Wings need to play the 'cawks more often apparently.
Fibonacci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 05:59 PM   #56261
I love tacos
 
TacoBello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: In an igloo
Posts: 25,148
Thanked 3,654 Times in 2,732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumcha View Post
Taco, don't read this because you'll be sick. But, for everyone else's amusement, here's how Pete Sharelli gifted the Isles their very impressive 2nd line: https://www.thescore.com/news/1468099
TacoBello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 06:14 PM   #56262
Senior Moderator
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 139,168
Thanked 13,726 Times in 8,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fibonacci View Post
Wings need to play the 'cawks more often apparently.
Yep. Play them before the break and right after the Hawks play a more meaningful game in the Winnipego Thrashers. Totally a trap game and no excuses for Chicago. Should've been 2 points against the rebuilding Things.
Yumcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 06:15 PM   #56263
Senior Moderator
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 139,168
Thanked 13,726 Times in 8,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBello View Post
Told you not to read that, McFly!

But, yeah...No more Reinhart and for the entire high-flying 2nd line of the Isles...Edmonton has UBER-MEGASTAR, RYAN STROME, to show for it.



Strome of course will be this year's Vezina, Norris, Hart, Richard, and Byng winner.
Yumcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 06:15 PM   #56264
Senior Moderator
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 139,168
Thanked 13,726 Times in 8,441 Posts
Sharelli is the worst GM in hockey. Period.
Yumcha is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yumcha For This Useful Post:
TacoBello (01-16-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 06:18 PM   #56265
Senior Moderator
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 139,168
Thanked 13,726 Times in 8,441 Posts
I just read Sharelli's interview with Sportsnet yesterday...and his excuse for dumping Eberle is a crock of .

Even if some idiot team (and frankly, there is none because let's be honest, Drysightoe isn't THAT good) did sign Leon to a contract offer, the Oil still had a 10% overage to work with. They could've matched and THEN scrambled to unload Eberle BEFORE the season started.


And for the $$$ saved, did they use it on Kris. Russell?!??




DAFUQ. I mean, I know ALL teams (except LA per Moog) are in cap hell but holy, that's cap purgatory.
Yumcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 06:19 PM   #56266
Senior Moderator
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 139,168
Thanked 13,726 Times in 8,441 Posts
Sorry, slow weak of hockey for me now that the Hawkies are on break.




In other news, the OT last night between the Habs and Isles was damn impressive when that Islander who shall not be named, did that pass and pass and pass to himself.

And oh, Seguin's dangle to score was damn impressive too.




Not even on purpose but everywhere I look, there's Sharelli's "impressive" work. Both are examples.
Yumcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 07:48 PM   #56267
I love tacos
 
TacoBello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: In an igloo
Posts: 25,148
Thanked 3,654 Times in 2,732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumcha View Post
Told you not to read that, McFly!

But, yeah...No more Reinhart and for the entire high-flying 2nd line of the Isles...Edmonton has UBER-MEGASTAR, RYAN STROME, to show for it.



Strome of course will be this year's Vezina, Norris, Hart, Richard, and Byng winner.
Fuck me is Ryan Strome a shitty player. Eberle had ONE shit season, with another 5 pretty good seasons in a row prior to that (pretty good numbers for such a subpar team). And we dumped him. At first I was hoping it was a good trade- because I really knew nothing about strome. Turns out I was waaaaaay fucking wrong on that one. But at least I didn't trade eberle. Fucking chiarelli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumcha View Post
Sharelli is the worst GM in hockey. Period.
Ok, so when we get the first round pick again this year, please point all fingers at the GM, and no one else. McClelland is trying to make chicken soup out of chicken shit. The players... well... they just play as well as they can. Too bad half the oilers suck. And on that note, I revert back to the GM...
TacoBello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 09:19 PM   #56268
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)
iTrader: (6)
 
97BlackAckCL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ShitsBurgh
Age: 36
Posts: 85,244
Thanked 2,550 Times in 1,809 Posts
Bye weeks, back to backs and the all star break, can I just have some freaking hockey to watch on a regular basis?
97BlackAckCL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 97BlackAckCL For This Useful Post:
TacoBello (01-16-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 09:30 PM   #56269
Senior Moderator
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 139,168
Thanked 13,726 Times in 8,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBello View Post
Fuck me is Ryan Strome a shitty player. Eberle had ONE shit season, with another 5 pretty good seasons in a row prior to that (pretty good numbers for such a subpar team). And we dumped him. At first I was hoping it was a good trade- because I really knew nothing about strome. Turns out I was waaaaaay fucking wrong on that one. But at least I didn't trade eberle. Fucking chiarelli.
Ok, so when we get the first round pick again this year, please point all fingers at the GM, and no one else. McClelland is trying to make chicken soup out of chicken shit. The players... well... they just play as well as they can. Too bad half the oilers suck. And on that note, I revert back to the GM...
Sorry, dude. Got nothing. First it was MacT and now, it's ShaRLY.
Yumcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:19 PM   #56270
Senior Moderator
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 139,168
Thanked 13,726 Times in 8,441 Posts
Surprised Ack hasn't posted it...but, man, that was a vicious cross-check from Lips Brown to Justin Shults last night. The latter was on his knees and Lips just plowed the guy face first into the boards.

If Androo Coglee-anno got 2 games, Lips should be getting at least 2 games for that awful hit.
Yumcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:41 PM   #56271
GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
iTrader: (6)
 
e30cabrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: GO RANGERS!!!
Posts: 7,461
Thanked 256 Times in 226 Posts
SH!t! Kreider, Staal, Hayes and now Shattenkirk.

gaaaa

Shattenkirk Out Indefinitely Due To Knee Injury


http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/01/...rk-injury-nhl/
e30cabrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:00 PM   #56272
Senior Moderator
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 139,168
Thanked 13,726 Times in 8,441 Posts
@ Taco...

Noojent-Hopkins out 5-6 weeks: https://www.tsn.ca/oilers-nugent-hop...-ribs-1.973135

Oilers. Hello again #1 overall pick!
Yumcha is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: 2007 - 2009 MDX *NEW* Front Lower Garnish mitchigan Car Parts for Sale 6 09-03-2016 12:11 PM
Interesting explanation about semi-auto transmissions knight rider Car Talk 9 03-04-2016 09:59 AM
A Kahn Design: Flying Huntsman 110 WB 6x6 Pickup (based on Land Rover Defender) News Yumcha Automotive News 1 09-25-2015 07:14 PM
One of the grossest murders I've ever heard of and of course FLORIDA Doom878 Ramblings 8 09-23-2015 10:56 AM


Tags
blackcawks, cabby twitter feed, captain serious, finland for the cup, finlandia, good enough = crap, jennings = hof, losing is winning 4 leafs, maxdomiisthenewfinland, moog right you wrong, namebrand goalies suck, nhl nudes, obviously!, quick > god in net, shanananaban, shane doan is a doucher, stanley cup, treasonous hockey, vote early, vote often, vote scott, we all wrong cept moog, windy city rapers, yumcha luvs ball talk

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:25 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.