Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

edgar renteria to the tigers for prospects

Old 10-30-2007, 06:56 PM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
edgar renteria to the tigers for prospects

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

braves get some top prospects and free up cap room to sign pitchers hopefully.

renteria was one of the few bright spots for the braves this season, sad they had to let them go :[

i hate the new braves management. this cutting payroll crap sucks.. it looks like the braves era of dominance in the east is gone. 3rd last season and i honestly dont see who the braves could acquire this off season that will lead them to the playoffs for the 08 season.

not only that but i hear that they might tride texeria -____-

mike hampton is worse than cancer btw. i hope he gets hit by a car
Old 10-30-2007, 07:15 PM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
on another note, the tigers look solid next season. maybe add another quality starter and they're set
Old 10-31-2007, 09:39 AM
What Would Don Draper Do?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it certainly does suck to see the braves hovering around mediocrity. especially considering that bobby cox isn't going to have that many years left, schurholz isn't the gm anymore, and time's winding down for chipper and smoltz. and i didn't think texeira would sign long-term with atlanta anyways.

but as they say, it is what it is. they still had one of the highest payrolls last season. i'm not too up to date on their farm system, but at least they've brought in some quality players over the past few seasons.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:45 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
I guess they had to let him go because the Sox weren't going to pay any more of his salary... As part of the deal that sent him to the Braves the sox agreed to pay part of his salary for the first 2 years... http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2252297