Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

2004/2005 NBA Season

Old 12-08-2004, 09:56 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Karl gave his word that if he played, he'd play with the Lakers. The Lakers are not going to win the NBA Championship this year, with or without Karl. Karl wants desperately to win one, he joined the Lakers last year to do so. This is not an overreaction by Karl, its merely Karl seising (sp?) an opportunity to sign with another team to get his coveted Championship. And, lets face it, piling it on Kobe is a popular thing to do these days. Kobe spoke the truth.
Old 12-08-2004, 10:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by iamhomin
We should talk about Orlando, and how T-Mac probably feels pissed.
houston has a worse record then orlando...some players just cant seem to win
Old 12-08-2004, 01:46 PM
Keeping emos out of

Originally Posted by jlukja
And, lets face it, piling it on Kobe is a popular thing to do these days. Kobe spoke the truth.
He may have spoken the truth, but riddle me this Batman: who stood besides Kobe Bryant last year during all of his trials and tribulations? Who never took sides in the war between him and Shaq? Who reached out to him and provided a sympathetic ear?

The answer, Karl Malone. After all that, do you think the guy who he reached out to, would turn around and say some crap like that on the radio? I'm sorry but maybe he deserves the piling on; he's an an egotistical asshole who doesn't know how to get along with others at all.

Karl Malone, the second-leading scorer in NBA history, will not play for the Lakers if he decides to play again because he is infuriated by comments made publicly and privately to him by Kobe Bryant.
Old 12-08-2004, 01:54 PM
I'm back, biatch.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know who I hate more, Karl Malone or Kobe Bryant. I hate Karl for being one of the dirtiest players I have ever seen. I hate Kobe (sorry iamhomin!) for being an egotistical, Jordan-wannabe, center-of-attention asshole. I hate Kobe so much that I started to respect Shaq.
Old 12-08-2004, 02:20 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by goose25
Karl Malone, the second-leading scorer in NBA history, will not play for the Lakers if he decides to play again because he is infuriated by comments made publicly and privately to him by Kobe Bryant.
The public comments were nothing to get excited about. Its Kobe's opinion that Karl will not play with the Lakers. Thats all. Now, what was said in private could be another story.
Old 12-08-2004, 09:33 PM
I'm back, biatch.

Are the bulls threatening to win another game? Bulls 86, Cavs 62. 9:44 left in the fourth.
Old 12-08-2004, 10:07 PM
I'm back, biatch.

Cavs got
113-85
Old 12-08-2004, 10:13 PM
Old fart

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by teg_to_TSX
Cavs got
113-85
WTF?? Bulls aren't supposed to win??!!??
Old 12-09-2004, 03:32 PM
Drifting

Just saw this on cnn.com's main page under sports section..

Carmelo Anthony's hotel alias revealed!

:wtf: is this really news worthy?

sipark, who's not a fan of Carmelo.
Old 12-09-2004, 03:51 PM
Teh ?

What?! Bulls winning?

Seems like Bulls have always had the Cav's number...

The Nuggets are on the East Coast swing... let's just get at least 3 out of the 7 games.

Junkster, who wonders if any team will take Nene and Skita from us
Old 12-10-2004, 12:22 AM
Pro

kobe right now is the best player in the game. yes he's better then lebron. ask anyone if they're down by a basket who they want to take the last shot. its kb8 period
Old 12-10-2004, 10:13 AM
Keeping emos out of

Originally Posted by ks112
kobe right now is the best player in the game. yes he's better then lebron. ask anyone if they're down by a basket who they want to take the last shot. its kb8 period
No one is arguing that point; off the court, hes a major dick with a gigantic ego that running amok. Kobe "Therapist" Bryant.
Old 12-10-2004, 10:14 AM
Keeping emos out of

Originally Posted by Junkster
What?! Bulls winning?

Seems like Bulls have always had the Cav's number...

The Nuggets are on the East Coast swing... let's just get at least 3 out of the 7 games.

Junkster, who wonders if any team will take Nene and Skita from us
There is talk of trading Skita to Phoenix for Casey Jacobsen. Phoenix has a glut of shooting guards (Joe Johnson, Q Richardson and Jacobsen) so they can afford to get rid of one of them.
Old 12-10-2004, 10:20 AM

anyone see the rockets game last night...t-mac went nutz
Old 12-10-2004, 10:28 AM
Teh ?

Tonight...

It's Junkster vs. Domn/fdl... Nuggets vs. Toronto...

You guys are so pwned...

Junkster, who is getting off work early for the game
Old 12-12-2004, 09:57 AM
Keeping emos out of

More info on the Kobe/Malone feud

The Soap Opera Behind Bryant-Malone Drama

T.J. Simers

I'm going to write two words here, and while they might disgust you, I'm going to ask you not to immediately crumple your newspaper and throw it across the room.

OK, here goes: Kobe Bryant.

There's almost nothing you can say these days as it relates to the Lakers without drawing a line in the stands between the Kobe lovers and the Kobe haters, and now here's more fodder to ponder.

Both Bryant and Karl Malone — speaking through his agent, Dwight Manley — confirmed Saturday night that they had a major falling out involving Bryant's wife, Vanessa, two weeks before the Bryant radio interview that had supposedly ticked off Malone so much.

Before Saturday night's game with the Clippers, Bryant listened as I relayed the story that's going around town, and when I finished, he said, that's true.

On Nov. 23, the night the Lakers played the Bucks at Staples Center, Vanessa was talking on the phone to Malone's wife, Kaye. Kaye gave Vanessa her husband's cellphone number, and Vanessa called Malone, who was sitting at courtside, and invited Malone's child to join her.

Malone, wearing cowboy boots and a hat, eventually took the child to Vanessa.

Malone hugged Vanessa, and then Vanessa asked — as Manley recounts this part of the story — "Hey, cowboy, what are you hunting?"

"She said it twice," Manley said, "and Karl answered the second time, 'I'm hunting for little Mexican girls.' "

After the game Vanessa told Bryant that Malone had come on to her, and said several inappropriate things. She also told Bryant that she had called Malone's wife and asked Kaye to get her husband away from her.

Bryant called Malone on his cellphone after the game, and Bryant laid into Malone. Bryant said Malone didn't have much to say in return and didn't deny anything.

What's a husband supposed to do when your wife tells you something like that? Bryant wanted to know as we talked.

Bryant said he was uncomfortable discussing the incident and he would have preferred to keep it quiet, but the New York Post reported this week that Malone was seen giving Vanessa a big hug, and then "somehow Malone managed to cross Vanessa" and got on her "frosty side."

AFTER I talked to Bryant, I relayed the same story to Manley and asked for the opportunity to talk to Malone and hear his version.

"Karl wants me to give you two messages," Manley said after calling Malone. "He never hit on Vanessa, nor would he…. In fact, when he first heard about [the accusation], he said, 'You have to be kidding me.'

"As for the comments he made to her that offended her personally, he told both her and Kobe that night that he apologized."

Manley said that after Malone apologized, "Kobe followed that with a string of threats."

Bryant said he was upset but he said that he made no threats and was only coming to the defense of his wife, and that he told Malone to stay away from his wife.

Bryant said when he did the radio interview with XTRA (690/1150) he never mentioned anything about the simmering feud between the two because he didn't want to take personal shots at Malone.

Manley said Bryant called the Malone home the next day with more threats, and that Malone's wife listened in on a speaker phone.

Bryant said that both he and his wife called the Malones the next day in an attempt to work things out but failed.

The Bryants' second-day phone call and continuing accusations infuriated Malone and that led him to effectively end his relationship with the Lakers. The subsequent radio interview with XTRA allowed the rift between the two to go public without any mention of the soap opera — until now.
Old 12-12-2004, 10:36 AM
Drifting

T.J. Simers

I'm going to write two words here, and while they might disgust you, I'm going to ask you not to immediately crumple your newspaper and throw it across the room.

There's almost nothing you can say these days as it relates to the Lakers without drawing a line in the stands between the Kobe lovers and the Kobe haters, and now here's more fodder to ponder.

Both Bryant and Karl Malone — speaking through his agent, Dwight Manley — confirmed Saturday night that they had a major falling out involving Bryant's wife, Vanessa, two weeks before the Bryant radio interview that had supposedly ticked off Malone so much.

Before Saturday night's game with the Clippers, Bryant listened as I relayed the story that's going around town, and when I finished, he said, that's true.

On Nov. 23, the night the Lakers played the Bucks at Staples Center, Vanessa was talking on the phone to Malone's wife, Kaye. Kaye gave Vanessa her husband's cellphone number, and Vanessa called Malone, who was sitting at courtside, and invited Malone's child to join her.

Malone hugged Vanessa, and then Vanessa asked — as Manley recounts this part of the story — "Hey, cowboy, what are you hunting?"

"She said it twice," Manley said, "and Karl answered the second time, 'I'm hunting for little Mexican girls.' "

After the game Vanessa told Bryant that Malone had come on to her, and said several inappropriate things. She also told Bryant that she had called Malone's wife and asked Kaye to get her husband away from her.

Bryant called Malone on his cellphone after the game, and Bryant laid into Malone. Bryant said Malone didn't have much to say in return and didn't deny anything.

What's a husband supposed to do when your wife tells you something like that? Bryant wanted to know as we talked.

Bryant said he was uncomfortable discussing the incident and he would have preferred to keep it quiet, but the New York Post reported this week that Malone was seen giving Vanessa a big hug, and then "somehow Malone managed to cross Vanessa" and got on her "frosty side."

AFTER I talked to Bryant, I relayed the same story to Manley and asked for the opportunity to talk to Malone and hear his version.

"Karl wants me to give you two messages," Manley said after calling Malone. "He never hit on Vanessa, nor would he…. In fact, when he first heard about [the accusation], he said, 'You have to be kidding me.'

"As for the comments he made to her that offended her personally, he told both her and Kobe that night that he apologized."

Manley said that after Malone apologized, "Kobe followed that with a string of threats."

Bryant said he was upset but he said that he made no threats and was only coming to the defense of his wife, and that he told Malone to stay away from his wife.

Bryant said when he did the radio interview with XTRA (690/1150) he never mentioned anything about the simmering feud between the two because he didn't want to take personal shots at Malone.

Manley said Bryant called the Malone home the next day with more threats, and that Malone's wife listened in on a speaker phone.

Bryant said that both he and his wife called the Malones the next day in an attempt to work things out but failed.

The Bryants' second-day phone call and continuing accusations infuriated Malone and that led him to effectively end his relationship with the Lakers. The subsequent radio interview with XTRA allowed the rift between the two to go public without any mention of the soap opera — until now.

Kobe...
Old 12-12-2004, 12:22 PM
Keeping emos out of

More on the Kobe Monster

By Chad Ford
ESPN Insider

Chad Ford's Chat Wrap with SportsNation on Thursday

What were the Lakers thinking this summer when they let Kobe Bryant dictate whom the team acquired in the offseason?

Everyone knows they were desperate to re-sign Bryant, but once you give up that type of power to a player, he isn't giving it back.

Since making his free agent power play this summer, Kobe already has helped exile Shaquille O'Neal, Gary Payton and Derek Fisher. Kareem Rush was given away last week for two second-round picks.

Tuesday, Bryant nailed the door shut on a Karl Malone return to the Lakers.

In a radio interview, Bryant said he didn't think Malone was coming back, then criticized the Mailman for leaving the team up in the air.

"It's not really fair to hold it over the guys' heads that are here," Bryant said. "The guys that we have here are working hard, practicing hard every day. It's kind of tough for them to be looking over their shoulder, wondering if he's going to come back and then everybody is going to disappear.

"It's really not fair for us to sit around and speculate how long this is going to go on. I mean, you can't sit up here and speculate for the remainder of the season whether or not he is going to come back. I mean, that's not fair to the guys that are working here."

“ I get the feeling that everyone there is pretty miserable. I know [my client] wants out and he claims others do too. It's hard enough to have a coach on you all the time, but then when a player is doing it, too, it's just too much. ”
— An agent of an unhappy teammate of Kobe Bryant's
Oh, the hypocrisy. Wasn't it Bryant who held his impending free agency over the heads of the entire organization last year? Wasn't everyone looking over their shoulders wondering if Bryant was going to bolt to the Clippers? Maybe Malone isn't the player the Lakers need right now, but Bryant shouldn't be the one making that decision or delivering the message.

But that's not the worst of it.

What left Bryant's mouth after that speaks volumes about whose team this really is.

"They are here giving me 110 percent," Bryant said of his teammates.

Really? The Lakers are playing for Kobe now?

That wasn't a slip of the tongue. Two player agents who represent players on the Lakers and one league source told Insider that Bryant was ruling the Lakers with an iron fist, getting in players' faces and acting as if he owned the team. According to one agent, Bryant even threatened to trade his client if he didn't do things The Kobe Way.

"I get the feeling that everyone there is pretty miserable," one agent told Insider. "I know [my client] wants out, and he claims others do too. It's hard enough to have a coach on you all the time, but then when a player is doing it, too, it's just too much."

The Lakers need to be careful. Word is spreading quickly around the league that while Bryant is an awesome player, he's a terrible teammate. When the Lakers finally have some cap room to go out and lure free agents, what top-tier player is going to want to play there?

The Lakers responded to the whole Malone mess by stating that Bryant wasn't "speaking on behalf of the Lakers management or organization."

Bryant has a $136 million contract that says otherwise.
Old 12-13-2004, 01:20 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Tonight...

It's Junkster vs. Domn/fdl... Nuggets vs. Toronto...

You guys are so pwned...

Junkster, who is getting off work early for the game

Yes, we were PWNED and badly.

In a related story, it seems that although Vince Carter is firing blanks on the court he seems to be firing on all cylinders in the bedroom.

TORONTO (CP) - Vince Carter is going to be a dad.

The Toronto Raptors star guard/forward and wife Ellen Rucker are expecting their first child, Carter's spokesperson Jeff Scott confirmed Monday.

The baby is due in early June.

Carter and Rucker, a chiropractor and his college sweetheart at North Carolina, were married July 3 in Palm Beach, Fla.

Carter and Rucker had initially parted company after university but reunited at the wedding of Washington Wizards star Antawn Jamison, Carter's good friend and former teammate with the Tar Heels. Jamison married Rucker's younger sister Ione.

Carter spent his second straight game on the Raptors' injured list when the team hosted the Miami Heat on Sunday. Carter has a strained left Achilles tendon and must sit out another three games.
Old 12-13-2004, 01:42 PM

T.J. Simers

sounded like vanessa wasnt getting attention from kobe and made up some story?

why can't they just play bball...kobe will get his
Old 12-25-2004, 08:18 AM
Keeping emos out of

Only a few more hours until Kobe vs. Shaq. I hope to see Shaq hammering that punk when he comes into the lane. Final score Heat 95 - Lakers 88
Old 12-25-2004, 09:45 AM
04 remembrance

It would've been perfect if they played @12pm eastern time.

iamhomin, who thinks the Lakers will lose by 4.
Old 12-27-2004, 04:34 PM
Keeping emos out of

What a crock of shit from Kobe Bryant:

My teammates actually approached me and asked me to be more offensive minded," Bryant told the LA Daily News. "They felt like I was trying to get them the ball too much. They came to me and said, 'You know what, Kobe? We need you to start being more aggressive offensively.' They said, 'Don't worry about us, we'll get stuff within the flow of the game. But we'd like for you to kind of lead the charge for us.' "
Old 12-28-2004, 12:59 AM
Intermediate

So how 'bout them Supes, eh?????
Old 01-06-2005, 12:37 AM
I'm back, biatch.

how bout them Bulls? They've won 9 out of thier last 14 games!
Old 01-06-2005, 12:40 AM
Old fart

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by teg_to_TSX
how bout them Bulls? They've won 9 out of thier last 14 games!
yeah...no kidding!!

had their first 5 game win streak....since MJ was on the team... or something like that...
Old 01-10-2005, 11:50 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by CarKnack
So how 'bout them Supes, eh?????
Old 01-11-2005, 05:53 AM
Comptech Freak

shame for vince carter by saying he slacked off during his days in toronot

although that was very obvious, but it just made everyone in Toronto who loved him disappointed.

shame for an all star
Old 01-11-2005, 06:57 AM
Keeping emos out of

He's just showing his true colors now that he's left Toronto behind. Go Air Canada you sorry excuse for an NBA superstar.
Old 01-11-2005, 07:46 AM
Comptech Freak

Question

He's just showing his true colors now that he's left Toronto behind. Go Air Canada you sorry excuse for an NBA superstar.
he won't be going anywhere since his reputation is all gone

without him now the raps are winning with Bosh and he's the player of the week.

the guy who went head to head against KG and C Webb and beat them, who's next?
Old 01-11-2005, 11:37 AM
Suzuka Master

lakers > twolves

that is all.
Old 01-11-2005, 12:58 PM
100k miles club

i was watching nba fast break and saw that they traded doug christie for cutino mobley. wow they finally broke up that back court. this season has been full of surprises.

1) grant hill is healthy
2) houston / orlando trade
3) shaq to miami
4) incident in detroit
5) vince to nets
6) t-wolves below .500
7) now the break up of francis and mobley

this season has been great so far. wow what's next? oh BTW did anyone catch the cavs vs knicks game last week. those jerseys are awful

Old 01-11-2005, 01:39 PM
Keeping emos out of

Instead of calling them throwbacks, they should be called throwaways!!!
Old 01-11-2005, 01:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,744 Likes on 13,949 Posts
The Bulls are actually an NBA team this season!
Old 01-11-2005, 05:13 PM
Teh ?

The nuggets are driving me bonkers!!!

I was at that Houston game, and couldn't believe the stupidity on the floor.

UGH!!!

Thank goodness I had a date at the game, or I might have seriously walked to the floorlevel and let the players hear it loud and clear.

Junkster, who hates being a fan
Old 01-11-2005, 05:41 PM
Spinnin them beats

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
i love the heat!!! how bout Wade??? no offense 2 anybody, but i believe that wade is going 2 surpass kobe!
Old 01-11-2005, 05:43 PM
Senior Moderator

The nuggets are driving me bonkers!!!

I was at that Houston game, and couldn't believe the stupidity on the floor.

UGH!!!

Thank goodness I had a date at the game, or I might have seriously walked to the floorlevel and let the players hear it loud and clear.

Junkster, who hates being a fan
Well, what team wants to be called a "Nugget"...? I'd be acting stupid too if I was called a Nugget.
Old 01-11-2005, 05:56 PM
Teh ?

Originally Posted by Yumchah
Well, what team wants to be called a "Nugget"...? I'd be acting stupid too if I was called a Nugget.
Hey, you should talk, ya Canuck...

BTW, Richard Jefferson is done for the season... Well, that means Kidd will definitely push for a trade and Vince Carter will start to half-ass again...

Junkster, whose at least glad that the nuggets don't where the 'rainbow' uniforms anymore
Old 01-11-2005, 06:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Hey, you should talk, ya Canuck...

BTW, Richard Jefferson is done for the season... Well, that means Kidd will definitely push for a trade and Vince Carter will start to half-ass again...

Junkster, whose at least glad that the nuggets don't where the 'rainbow' uniforms anymore
Eh, the Raptors blow and so did Vince. Any guy who admits to cruising in games when he is paid more than I can count gets none of my respect...

Go Bulls!
Old 01-11-2005, 11:10 PM
Comptech Freak

RJ is done, so let's see how gd carter he is

carter is a joke with all his acts, very unprofessional

Quick Reply: 2004/2005 NBA Season