Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

2004/2005 NBA Season

Old 01-25-2005, 11:57 PM
Teh ?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Yumchah
And wait...also got by watching :ghey: American Idol...!
hehe.. I'm going to revive the thread now...

Junkster, who loves pissing people off
Old 01-25-2005, 11:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,744 Likes on 13,949 Posts
Originally Posted by Junkster
hehe.. I'm going to revive the thread now...

Junkster, who loves pissing people off
Why would I be pissed off about what you watch? I just think the show is :ghey:...and I'll continue to rib you about it.

...Just like your Nuggets ...

Old 01-26-2005, 12:05 AM
Teh ?

Why would I be pissed off about what you watch? I just think the show is :ghey:...and I'll continue to rib you about it.

...Just like your Nuggets ...

I think a few others really didn't like the threads...

Curry... once on the trade block... now the centerpiece of the rebuild...

I like your backcourt of Duhan, Gordon and Heinrich...

Junkster, who wishes the nugs had a backcourt to speak of
Old 01-26-2005, 12:07 AM
Senior Moderator

I think a few others really didn't like the threads...

Curry... once on the trade block... now the centerpiece of the rebuild...

I like your backcourt of Duhan, Gordon and Heinrich...

Junkster, who wishes the nugs had a backcourt to speak of
Curry? Heck no. It's just that he is finally settling into a role that was always meant for him: supporting player.

He never was and will ever be a "franchise" player. Just my 2 cents...
Old 01-26-2005, 12:10 AM
Teh ?

Curry? Heck no. It's just that he is finally settling into a role that was always meant for him: supporting player.

He never was and will ever be a "franchise" player. Just my 2 cents...
Outside of him, you guys have no interior presence... and no, Chandler is a skinny shotblocker, not an interior player.

Gordon is panning out well, like most expected. Duhan and Heinrich are nice surprises...

If they can keep the nucleus together and give em time and some extra pieces... might be back in the upper half of the league in another year.

Junkster, who thinks Curry is a necessity for the bulls
Old 01-26-2005, 12:12 AM
Senior Moderator

Outside of him, you guys have no interior presence... and no, Chandler is a skinny shotblocker, not an interior player.

Gordon is panning out well, like most expected. Duhan and Heinrich are nice surprises...

If they can keep the nucleus together and give em time and some extra pieces... might be back in the upper half of the league in another year.

Junkster, who thinks Curry is a necessity for the bulls
Hinrich is probably the Bulls' most valuable player...As for Curry (and even Chandler), let me clarify, he is better and contributing to the cause now because he is no longer the focal point of the franchise (i.e. the savior) that will "save" the Bulls.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:20 AM
Teh ?

Most of the time, I don't agree or even listen to what Shaq has to say about b-ball knowledge...

But I do believe it when he says that Curry might be the next legit power center in the NBA. There really is no young POWER center in the league... The game has gone soft inside, and Curry, if he works on his game, could be the force inside in the next five years.

Think about it... name one power center that has athleticism, sense around the basket, and the body to play power center.

Chandler would make a decent power forward in the mix... coming from the weakside rotation, he could be a good off ball shot blocker.

Junkster, who thinks the Bulls will lose one of the bigs down the line though
Old 01-26-2005, 12:36 AM
Suzuka Master

Curry is being called the next Shaq here in Chicago. The man is very powerful and if he can work on his jump shot, he will be a force to recon with. The bulls have a young team and are actually starting to play smart ball. I think the Bulls might suprise many in a few years. I also like Nocioni; he is a guy to watch. He plays with a lot of intesity, but IMO needs to mature a bit. He is fun to watch though.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:40 AM
Senior Moderator

Most of the time, I don't agree or even listen to what Shaq has to say about b-ball knowledge...

But I do believe it when he says that Curry might be the next legit power center in the NBA. There really is no young POWER center in the league... The game has gone soft inside, and Curry, if he works on his game, could be the force inside in the next five years.

Think about it... name one power center that has athleticism, sense around the basket, and the body to play power center.

Chandler would make a decent power forward in the mix... coming from the weakside rotation, he could be a good off ball shot blocker.

Good post...but, I think we need to add this: Curry has the potential...And in a league with a shortage of young POWER centers, he is be default the only one. But, hey...if the world only had one car manufacturer and it was Kia, would that make them that amazing?

I think Curry is good, don't get me wrong. I think he deserves credit to making the Bulls respectable again. But, he needs work. He needs to learn how to jump and learn how to play defence...And if he does, he can be what Shaq has proclaimed him to be...otherwise, potential is load of BS in sports.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:40 AM
I'm back, biatch.

Junkster, who knows TRU and YumYum's loving it
ahem....
Old 01-26-2005, 02:20 AM
I'm back, biatch.

I recently read an article about trying to lure Lebron here in '06. He is more likely to play in a city which will lead to larger endorsement deals - either NY, LA, or Chi... and Chicago wll have more money to offer if they dont blow it all on Eddy Curry and Tyson Chandler's new contracts.

Teh Linky The site may require registration. I can post the text here if you want

If this goes down, it would be another case of Chicago ing Cleveland. I wonder if he would wear #23....
Old 01-26-2005, 02:21 AM
I'm back, biatch.

BTW, Junks, you owe me 500 posts and some imaginary rep.

*teg gives Junkster neg rep*
Old 01-26-2005, 09:15 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,304 Likes on 958 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if Curry becomes a superstar. Look how long it took Jermaine O'Neal to become one of the top PF's in the league. Both were high schoolers. Of course Jermaine couldn't start since Rasheed was there, but it does take time. Even TMac took a few years.