Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

==**Racquetball Players**==

Old 10-11-2009 | 02:39 AM
These colors don't run

==**Racquetball Players**==

Hey everyone I got into RB a few months ago when the new 24 hour fitness opened up by me. I love playing the game and I got myself the starter kit by Ektelon. Now since I play a couple times a week I want to get an upgraded racquet.

I was looking at spending a good amount and getting one of the top ones like the HEAD Meanstreak or something, but is it really worth it? I was also told if I re-string my racquet with a better string that it would be a lot cheaper and just as good?

I just want some advice and what not on this, also do those things that clip at the bottom of the strings do what they are suppose to and help calm down the vibration?
Old 10-14-2009 | 07:07 AM
Cruisin'

I'm an experienced racquetball player. Far from an all-star but I played on my team in college and traveled to some tournaments.

I'd definitely say the top racquets are worth it, especially since they will last you a long time as long as you don't bang them into walls. You may have to restring a couple times a year if you hit the ball hard, but it's worth it in the long run. Racquetball Warehouse will let you demo up to 4 rackets for a week or two as long as you pay for shipping, and that's worth the investment in my opinion. My favorite brand is Head, but there are a lot of good rackets in the $75-$100 range that are more than adequate. Then just get a python grip, hang it off the end as instructed, and you'll be good to go.

The "clip" is a vibration dampener, and it definitely makes a difference. I just use a think rubber band, cut it, and weave it and tie it at the end. Works just as well if not better than the ones you pay for.