What is your feeling about the product of MaxpeedingRods?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2021, 01:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What is your feeling about the product of MaxpeedingRods?

Manufacturing and Supplying performance engine parts such as rods/cranks/turbos for car drivers since 2006, with its own overseas warehouse in the US, UK, Germany, France, Italy, etc, MaxpeedingRods has many customers all around the world. Are you the one among them? What is your feeling about what you bought? If you should recommend one product to your friends, which one would you like to propose?
We invite all of you sincerely to give us some feedback so that we can serve you well.
Old 05-17-2021, 07:09 AM

Received 16,265 Likes on 11,974 Posts
many many many many google reviews show that maxspeedingrod products are not very good. yes, even the free ones you shipped are crap products.
Old 05-17-2021, 07:10 AM

https://www.e46fanatics.com/threads/....1271331/After running my maxpeedingrods kit on my 330ci for about 6 months I can say with complete confidence that these coilovers are downright awful. The range of height adjustment on the front is good, the camber plates built into the strut tops were useful, and the 24 way shock adjustability was cool, but that is where the positive aspects of the kit end.

The first of many problems is the rear height adjustability. if you adjust the height adjustment all the way down it is still way too high (much higher than stock) and i had to take out the locking ring to get to a somewhat stock height. I tried taking the entire adjustment assembly out and it was way too low for me and made my wheels sit against the fender (my wheels stick out very slightly)

The second problem was the bushing one of the rear shock absorbers completely broke after 2 months of use (yes, I did set the car on the ground before torquing them down.) I contacted customer support and they sent me new bushings after a week, but I still had to get them pressed in.

The third problem I had was that the 2 peices that make up the bottom half of the coilover (The height adjustment) kept loosening up and making knocking noises every time i would take a turn and hit a bump.I tried loctite after it happened the first time and it made no difference. the casting probably ovaled out after only 6 months of use.

Also the ride is too harsh to be a daily driver.

After this I said screw it and put EIBACH lowering springs on my car with stock struts and shocks and they have treated me great for the last 15000 miles. The ride is a little too high for my liking but at least its better than stock and the ride is much nicer than the maxpeedingrods coils.

I apologize for talking crap but it really does go to show that you get what you pay for. Reactions:The_Fixer
SaveShare

CarbonZHP

Because Race...Convertible?

Turbo ZHP Convertible
Joined Jun 24, 2013
2,490 Posts Discussion Starter · #6 · 9 mo agoI went back to stock as well and sold that car. They were given to me for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-17-2021, 07:11 AM

jtrentham

Registered

Joined Jan 22, 2014
2 Posts#8 · 4 mo ago (Edited)I was going to start a new thread to both give and receive feedback on the MaxpeedingRods I just installed on my Touring, but seeing someone has already addressed the issue I figure it makes sense to continue this discussion.

I had been casually hunting for a manual wagon and picked up a surprisingly clean 01 325iT 5MT with a bad DM flywheel and a dented door for a song. As I have three teenage drivers I am currently responsible to provide cars and insurance for, I was limited to seriously low budget mods.

I tossed on a spare M3 steering wheel my son had and picked up a set of Style 209's on Marketplace for $80. My daughter was in England at the time so I picked up a pair of OEM Euro tail lights for $55 which she brought back her. I decided to chance the MaxspeedingRods after DeBoss Garage's YT channel gave them a pretty favourable review. When inquiring on which particular option would work for the Touring, they offered me a 10% discount so for $295 I was set. Here's the car after installation:

I installed them with my son, which went pretty smoothly, and the quality of construction IS pretty good. As mentioned above, the rear shocks are short to the point you have to compress the springs quite a bit to install them. The only other annoying issue we encountered is that the top nut which tightens the shaft to the upper mount was loose (on both fronts) and has no proper way to be tightened. They were clunking away as soon as we left the garage. Other coilovers have a recessed allen fitting, or at least flattened sides for a wrench to hold the shaft. My coilovers just had a very shallow flat side on one side! Fricking infuriating. As soon as you get just a little torque on the top nut, the shaft spins.

In the end we just welded a small nut to the top of the shaft to lock on to when tightening the top nut. Works fine, but I shouldn't have had to mess with it. I emailed MaxspeedingRods multiple times and their customer service team can barely speak English so it was just a comedy of errors as they tried to grasp what the hell was going on.... They never really got it, or offered a solution other than me paying them $60 to ship me another set of camber plates... wtf

So now for the ride. It is BRUTAL. We could probably back out the preload from the front springs some more - I plan to dial them back as much as possible - which may soften the front somewhat, but the rear is pretty bone-jarring. Forget about having a cup of coffee chillin in the cup holder, the lid will produce a geyser over the slightest bump. Compounding the problem is the fact that I have standard seats which do not have a base which can 'tilt' like sports seats. As I am tall and skinny, I have them fully lowered, and with the bend of my knees my skinny ass is the only point of contact on the seat. I will likely need back surgery by the end of this year. I'm looking for a pair of grey sports seats that will allow me to fully lower the seat base at the back while fully raising it at the front to allow my thighs to be supported in the seat. Maybe this will help some...

So, that's my 2 cents on MaxspeedingRods. Quality of construction is overall pretty solid, design is sketchy, and ride quality for me is pretty unworkable.

I am curious if anyone has found a way of making these work better?
Are the other $300-$450 coilovers any better? SoloWerks for example, JOM....

Appreciate any feedback!
Old 05-17-2021, 07:11 AM

I was sent some for free to do a review.....I think i may just send them back. Posts on reviews and you tube vids from 5,6,7 years ago all state how the rear shocks are incorrect in length and springs not reacting properly. I took my rear shock off to compare and they still have not fixed the problem.
Old 05-17-2021, 07:13 AM

https://www.reddit.com/r/BMWE36/comm..._all_that_bad/
Old 05-18-2021, 03:55 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace
https://www.e46fanatics.com/threads/....1271331/After running my maxpeedingrods kit on my 330ci for about 6 months I can say with complete confidence that these coilovers are downright awful. The range of height adjustment on the front is good, the camber plates built into the strut tops were useful, and the 24 way shock adjustability was cool, but that is where the positive aspects of the kit end.

The first of many problems is the rear height adjustability. if you adjust the height adjustment all the way down it is still way too high (much higher than stock) and i had to take out the locking ring to get to a somewhat stock height. I tried taking the entire adjustment assembly out and it was way too low for me and made my wheels sit against the fender (my wheels stick out very slightly)

The second problem was the bushing one of the rear shock absorbers completely broke after 2 months of use (yes, I did set the car on the ground before torquing them down.) I contacted customer support and they sent me new bushings after a week, but I still had to get them pressed in.

The third problem I had was that the 2 peices that make up the bottom half of the coilover (The height adjustment) kept loosening up and making knocking noises every time i would take a turn and hit a bump.I tried loctite after it happened the first time and it made no difference. the casting probably ovaled out after only 6 months of use.

Also the ride is too harsh to be a daily driver.

After this I said screw it and put EIBACH lowering springs on my car with stock struts and shocks and they have treated me great for the last 15000 miles. The ride is a little too high for my liking but at least its better than stock and the ride is much nicer than the maxpeedingrods coils.

I apologize for talking crap but it really does go to show that you get what you pay for. Reactions:The_Fixer
SaveShare

CarbonZHP

Because Race...Convertible?

Turbo ZHP Convertible
Joined Jun 24, 2013
2,490 Posts Discussion Starter · #6 · 9 mo agoI went back to stock as well and sold that car. They were given to me for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@justnspace Wondering that, why you can discuss a BMW-related topic on an Acura forum? For some reason, you are the moderator so you have the privilege rights?

Maybe you can also search the brand's website when you try to seek all the bad reviews.
https://www.maxpeedingrods.co.uk/product/for-high-performance-red-bmw-e46-adjustable-dampening-coilover-suspension-kit-camber-plate-98-05.html
Obviously in the listing, it shows that this coilovers is not fit for 2003 bmw 325xi wagon (the one that CarbonZHP owned). And what's the value of the review program is to accept all good and bad feedback so that the D&R department update its product. Thanks for your jobs on the acura forum represented the internet brand company.

Obviously in the listing, it shows that this coilovers is not fit for 2003 bmw 325xi wagon (the one that CarbonZHP owned). And what's the value of the review program is to accept all good and bad feedback so that it can help the D&R department to update its product.

In the end, Thanks for your jobs on the Acura forum represented the internet brand company.

Last edited by Yustina@MaXpeedingRods; 05-18-2021 at 04:01 AM.