Custom Headlights - Modded To Your Liking

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 11:57 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well lets just hope he hasn't check'd the site or has been busy. But he does say to send him an email for a quicker response idk if you have tried that already here it is oemxenon@yahoo.com.

Last edited by AzCL1221; 10-04-2007 at 12:01 AM.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:30 AM
10th Gear

yea, i emailed him since May about doing my headlights.. first i was #10 on the waiting list.. then by July I was #2.. and he said he'll let me know in a week or two, and that was in July.. now its what, SEPTEMBER.. yea, i emailed him twice since and no response..
Old 10-04-2007, 02:29 PM
Intermediate

wow thats bad
Old 10-09-2007, 02:13 AM
Intermediate

where the hell is this guy? i mean come on your an official vendor and no response to my email and posts?
Old 10-11-2007, 09:10 AM
3rd Gear

lights

Hey i have a question i would like to get my tail lights cleared, do u have any for sale already cleared?

Originally Posted by Retrofit-Source
First, let me say that Im glad to part of the AZ community, I've dealt with various other forum communities who arent 1/2 as organized as you guys are over here. Maybe its cause you actually have to have some class to own an Acura, unlike say...a Mitsubishi?

I run a company called The Retrofit Source. We mainly specialize in recycling OEM xenon headlights from high end cars (such as Acuras, Bimmers, Mercedes etc) in order to remove their HID components for retrofitting.

If you dont know what retrofitting is, its the process of taking the HID projector assemblies from OEM applications, and custom fitting them into standard type halogen headlights. This not only dramatically increases visability, but also looks badass.

Although my company sells components for retrofitting, we do not actually perform them here anymore. However, we still do offer other custom headlight services- which is why Im here.

Here are the services and Pricing that we will offer for ALL AcuraZine Members.

Headlight Clearing- $100
Smoked Corners - $125
Interior Painting - $125
Interior Carbon fiber treatment - $200
Projector Optics Color mods - $100

The mods can be performed in combination with one another also. Since some of the labor overlaps (opening and re-sealing the assemblies) the costs will not be added directly. To figure the cost of the mods you want, add their cost, and subtract $65. So for example, if you wanted the headlights cleared ($100) and the Projector optics color mod ($100), the cost would be $100+$100-$65 = $135. Also please note that these prices do not include return shipping.

These Modifications can be performed on the following Acura models:

-All Generation TL's
-All Generation CL's
-All Generation RL's
-All Generation MDX's
-All Generation RSX's
-All Generation NSX's
-TSX
-RDX
-Legend

okay so I think you get the point, There is NO Acura model that we cannot perform our custom work on, so everybody qaulifies!

Pictures will be posted of work done for members here in this thread as we go, as well as in the pictures section of our website @ http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pics/

Here is the first set of TL clear corner lights we did:

before:

after:

For now we will not be able to do a core swap on headlights, however if there is a big enough response, we will make the more popular models available for core swapping. Once we recieve the headlights here, the work will take 1-3 days to complete depending on the services rendered.

Thanks guys! Looking forward to working with you as your new headlight mod guy

Any Questions? Just ask here in this thread, PM me, or E-mail me.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:59 AM
3rd Gear

04 tl lights

hey whats up? i have a 04 tl and i want to get the headlights cleared. do u have any lights for sale right now or do u just do swaps? i knda use my car everyday and it's hard to drive with no lights.

QUOTE=Retrofit-Source]First, let me say that Im glad to part of the AZ community, I've dealt with various other forum communities who arent 1/2 as organized as you guys are over here. Maybe its cause you actually have to have some class to own an Acura, unlike say...a Mitsubishi?

I run a company called The Retrofit Source. We mainly specialize in recycling OEM xenon headlights from high end cars (such as Acuras, Bimmers, Mercedes etc) in order to remove their HID components for retrofitting.

If you dont know what retrofitting is, its the process of taking the HID projector assemblies from OEM applications, and custom fitting them into standard type halogen headlights. This not only dramatically increases visability, but also looks badass.

Although my company sells components for retrofitting, we do not actually perform them here anymore. However, we still do offer other custom headlight services- which is why Im here.

Headlight Clearing- $100
Smoked Corners - $125
Interior Painting - $125

The mods can be performed in combination with one another also. Since some of the labor overlaps (opening and re-sealing the assemblies) the costs will not be added directly. To figure the cost of the mods you want, add their cost, and subtract $65. So for example, if you wanted the headlights cleared ($100) and the Projector optics color mod ($100), the cost would be $100+$100-$65 = $135. Also please note that these prices do not include return shipping.

-All Generation TL's
-All Generation CL's
-All Generation RL's
-All Generation MDX's
-All Generation RSX's
-All Generation NSX's
-TSX
-RDX
-Legend

okay so I think you get the point, There is NO Acura model that we cannot perform our custom work on, so everybody qaulifies!

Pictures will be posted of work done for members here in this thread as we go, as well as in the pictures section of our website @ http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pics/

before:

after:

For now we will not be able to do a core swap on headlights, however if there is a big enough response, we will make the more popular models available for core swapping. Once we recieve the headlights here, the work will take 1-3 days to complete depending on the services rendered.

Any Questions? Just ask here in this thread, PM me, or E-mail me.[/QUOTE]
Old 11-23-2007, 06:17 PM
Instructor

I was wondering if you have any extra 04 TL headlights that are cleared out for sale?
Old 01-09-2008, 10:29 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So.... I was thinking that cleared lights on my SSM would be sweet. But apparantly this thread is dead...

That's too bad.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:04 PM
Acura drove me away too..

Received 107 Likes on 66 Posts
Whatever happened to these guys???
Old 01-23-2008, 07:25 PM
Banned

I would love to get my 03 CLS headlights cleared, if this guy is still available....
Old 01-31-2008, 09:24 PM
Keeping the Stealth alive

I think it's safe to assume this guy is no longer a vendor....
Old 02-12-2008, 11:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Old 02-26-2008, 05:34 PM
GO DAWGS!! SICK'EM!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
mods, where did he go???
Old 03-07-2008, 12:54 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
do you still have the core exchange program for 05 tl headlights?
Old 03-07-2008, 01:23 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 04 TL 04
do you still have the core exchange program for 05 tl headlights?

I wouldn't hold your breath. If you look back through the threads, It's been 6 monthes since this guys even posted in here.

Myabe this thread outta get . This way the thread can die and not have us reviving it trying to get our headlights cleared from this guy.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:58 PM
Senior Airman

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Retrofit-Source
First, let me say that Im glad to part of the AZ community, I've dealt with various other forum communities who arent 1/2 as organized as you guys are over here. Maybe its cause you actually have to have some class to own an Acura, unlike say...a Mitsubishi?

Headlight Clearing- $100
Smoked Corners - $125
Interior Painting - $125

-All Generation TL's
-All Generation CL's
-All Generation RL's
-All Generation MDX's
-All Generation RSX's
-All Generation NSX's
-TSX
-RDX
-Legend

before:

after:

Any Questions? Just ask here in this thread, PM me, or E-mail me.
I can definitely vouch for the retrofit source I have had nothing but positive things to say about the way they conduct themselves and their business. Being a Customer Service professional and nearly impossible to find good service these days, I will say theirs is exceptional.

If it wasn't for them I wouldn't have finished my retrofit for my cl-s (which I am currently doing a DIY for). So thank you and welcome to AZ!