Cusco Strut Braces and Lower Subframe Braces *** In Stock!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 07:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
Originally Posted by AcuraCl1
Do you have any 2nd gen CLS upper front strut bars, and if so, how much.

Yes, in stock. Same as the TL brace. $165 I believe....
Old 09-06-2006, 02:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Edited thread!

all in stock still, ready to ship
Old 09-07-2006, 10:42 AM
But I just got here

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts
Any idea yet if the Type I bar will fit on the 2nd gen CL's?
Old 09-07-2006, 11:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Nitin
Any idea yet if the Type I bar will fit on the 2nd gen CL's?

I am about 99% sure it will. I encourage you to try it. If it does not work you cna return it. You would be helping us all out.

Marcus
Old 10-04-2006, 10:30 AM
Above n Beyond

Received 132 Likes on 50 Posts
If the Type I bar fits the 2nd gen CL, I'm in.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:14 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by UNCTYPE-S

Buy one and try it out! If it does not fit return it for 100% refund.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:48 PM
---low--slow---

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
do these fit on a 03 accord coupe?
Old 10-12-2006, 01:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by implayaz9
do these fit on a 03 accord coupe?

Maybe...maybe the TSX one....
Old 10-12-2006, 02:15 PM
Above n Beyond

IMO, a "maybe" or "just buy it and see" are not really good answers to potential buyers when trying to sell a product. Majority of people arent going to buy a product "just to see" if it fits. I'm sorry, but that is the case for me. When you can get a car to test fit, or someone else is the guinea pig and tries it out; then I will most likely buy, but I dont have extra money laying around to purchase something if I dont know if it fits nor do I want the hassle of shipping it back out. Sorry, but I hope you understand where a buyer is coming from.

Last edited by UNCTYPE-S; 10-12-2006 at 02:18 PM.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:49 PM
Former Sponsor

IMO, a "maybe" or "just buy it and see" are not really good answers to potential buyers when trying to sell a product. Majority of people arent going to buy a product "just to see" if it fits. I'm sorry, but that is the case for me. When you can get a car to test fit, or someone else is the guinea pig and tries it out; then I will most likely buy, but I dont have extra money laying around to purchase something if I dont know if it fits nor do I want the hassle of shipping it back out. Sorry, but I hope you understand where a buyer is coming from.

What do you want me to tell you? Maybe you don't like the answer, but it is the best one I have, until someone buys the parts and tries them out and lets us know. Until then, these bars don't grow on trees, and I don't have access to the cars to try them out on (meaning, as you don't have extra money and time to do this, neither do I).

You are right, the majority of people are not going to even try, which is why we keep going around and around about it. Tell me, what do you think I should do here?

I really would want to know myself, but it is going to be up to you guys to figure it out. Your response does not seem like one from a person who would actually go through with it. I have some customers that have been buying up some Cusco ST braces for a Nissan car. They put in one order for 20 bars, all because one guy special ordered on from Japan, waited 3 months to get it, and just TRIED it on his car. This without the promise of fitment or option or return/refund. That person became the hero of his forum, and has since placed orders for more bars. So far, they have purchased 80 bars after finding out this bar actually fits more than one American model. I know, our situation is different.....the bars we are talking about are actually in stock in the USA, and I am offering return/refund option. But I understand if one of you guys can't be bothered with it.

Please don't get too burned up by my comments. I just took a little offense to your post. As though I don't care about you guys, or I am putting you out for not having the answer you want to here. I don't make the parts, and I don't drive a CL or Accord. You guys really are in a better position to try this than me, no matter how you might perceive the hassle. Some people just htink the value of knowing is worth the effort.

Marcus
Old 10-12-2006, 06:06 PM
Above n Beyond

I'm not trying to rag on you man or make you lose business. I'm trying to help you, but the answer you gave me and the answer you gave implaya9 does not seem very professional. It's your business, your parts, so this is your stage, but from a buyers perspective (at least from me), I am not going to buy something that I DONT KNOW FITS OR NOT!!!! This is an acura forum, not an all car make/model forum. I believe every vendor should have the knowledge to bring to the table whereever they sell.

I dont care if other people bought something from over in asia and didnt know if it fit or not. Good for them. I wish I made enough money to where I can just paypal people all day long on stuff that I didnt know worked or not, but I cant and I think Im doing the right thing.

Sorry you took offense, but if others chimed in, they might agree with me on this one, from a buyers standpoint. Maybe a little research on the parts fitting the cars you are selling it to before you actually sell them would be the way to go: Like said, it's your show, run it how you want, but I am not buying anything until I find out if it fits or not.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Upon reflection my previous post was a little over the top. It is a little stressfull when I am expected to have all the answers. I know a lot, and I have a lot of answers, for sure. But this is not a fab or test shop where I get to mess with cars all day. I am a parts supplier and I install as a side business. As far as fitments go, I am bound to 2 things. 1-Parts books, 2-what people tell me online. The parts are designed for one car so the books are not helpful, and as long as someone here has no insight, we are dead in the water. I just don't see how this should reflect poorly on me! Until I happen to have the car here (which I get very VERY few CLs and Accords in here) with the part here at the same time (that is a rare occasion as well), I won't know.

Yeah, as a buyer, it would be great to have someone with all the answers. But as a buyer, sometimes you need too find out for yourself. ESPECIALLY when it comes to custom fitments like this. I don't know what you expect me to say. Instead of "I have no idea" I could say...what? "I am going to find out" and then keep telling you that for months and months only in the end to find out from someone else anyway? I know other vendors do that, but I am a little more honest. I am not interested in beating around the bush or stringing you guys along. I know what I know, and I don't what I don't. And some things I just don't have time to do.

You might not care about the other people, but they still did it, and they know what parts fit, and they have braces on their cars with more on the boat right now. We have nobody here with the balls to try, and thus while they all have strut braces, we are having this conversation. Try not to exaggerate here. You don't need to be rich to find out. It is $82 for the type-1 brace, and $165 for the OS. And I will refund it if the part does not fit. From a buyer's standpoint, it sound to me like you have nothing to lose.

And to your last point, you again offend by insinuating I don't know technical details about what I sell. "Maybe a little research on the parts fitting the cars you are selling it to before you actually sell them would be the way to go" <--What the hell is this all about!?!?!? I never claim they fit cars they are not designed to fit. From a SELLER'S perspsective, that is the only smart thing I can do. I got my 10 years experience in this business to tell me that if the manufacturer don't claim it, I shouldn't either. That's how I keep customers happy with parts I do sell. Somehow, I am a little less concerned about the customers who do not, or are not willing to, buy something from me from the get go. You are on a little bit of a high horse. Kind of bold things to poke me with when you are not willing to try the bar on your car with a no-fit money back offer.

Marcus
Old 10-12-2006, 09:06 PM
Above n Beyond

I'm sure someone will say "screw it, I'll test it out", and that's great. Hopefully someone can stand up and do this for the community. I'm just saying from my standpoint, it doesnt matter if there is a refund or not, I am not wasting my time buying something that I dont know for sure will fit.

So with that said, I am not going to clutter this up any longer, so I wish you the best of luck in selling these and hopefully someone will come through for all that are interested.

Last edited by UNCTYPE-S; 10-12-2006 at 09:08 PM.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:09 PM
Former Sponsor

I'm sure someone will say "screw it, I'll test it out", and that's great. Hopefully someone can stand up and do this for the community. I'm just saying from my standpoint, it doesnt matter if there is a refund or not, I am not wasting my time buying something that I dont know for sure will fit.

So with that said, I am not going to clutter this up any longer, so I wish you the best of luck in selling these and hopefully someone will come through for all that are interested.

Draw then I guess. It is not a waste of time though, really it is just a little gamble. If you buy it and it fits, it was not a waste. It is only a guaranteed waste if you did not intend to buy in the first place. Just a little variance in philosophy there. And if it does not fit, was that really a waste either? Not really, becasuse you'd be doing us all a service. Hell, I'd give you $10 right now just to know one way or the other. I am 99% sure it WILL fit. Just need someone to snug the knot.

Thanks, and hopefully we find out soon if it fits. I suppose I will have to start seeing if this bar will fit anything else. You know, just to make sure I am thorough.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:01 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
It's about time someone makes a lower brace for the 2nd Gen CL...wish I would have saw this earlier. I've talked to Neuspeed and their lower subframe brace does not fit with any aftermarket headers...it's nice to see Cusco's does.

I may go for a Type-I lower frame brace this next week. I'll keep you posted.

Are there any colors besides blue?
Old 10-13-2006, 01:21 AM
---low--slow---

do u have any tsx in stock?.. if yes i might be able to come by and see if it fits!.. i dont wanna buy if it doesnt fit!
Old 10-13-2006, 11:12 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by GreenMachine
It's about time someone makes a lower brace for the 2nd Gen CL...wish I would have saw this earlier. I've talked to Neuspeed and their lower subframe brace does not fit with any aftermarket headers...it's nice to see Cusco's does.

I may go for a Type-I lower frame brace this next week. I'll keep you posted.

Are there any colors besides blue?

Nobody said it fit. That's what we are arguing about. Wanny try it out?

Blue is the only color. Trademark Cusco color.

Marcus
Old 10-13-2006, 11:14 AM
Former Sponsor

do u have any tsx in stock?.. if yes i might be able to come by and see if it fits!.. i dont wanna buy if it doesnt fit!

Not at the moment, no....want to order one? I can have one next week.

Of course, if it does not fit you don't need to buy it. That is what I have been saying all along. If it does you'll need to pay for it.

Marcus
Old 10-13-2006, 01:23 PM
Moderator Alumnus

I wouldn't be surprised if it does fit. The CLs and TLs frame are nearly identical. I'll probably be your first guinea pig
Old 10-13-2006, 06:36 PM
---low--slow---

what kind are available for the tsx's?.. and can u give me a price on them?. thanks
neel
Old 10-13-2006, 08:13 PM
Former Sponsor

what kind are available for the tsx's?.. and can u give me a price on them?. thanks
neel

Check out the first post again, we updated it with the applications and prices!

Marcus
Old 10-16-2006, 11:32 AM
uu
Burning Brakes

Thumbs up

I wouldn't be surprised if it does fit. The CLs and TLs frame are nearly identical. I'll probably be your first guinea pig
I recently purchased Type I (the single bar) from Markus, kudos to him, great seller, I'd buy from him again. Also, Type I fits my 01 CLS perfectly (which got me thinking if Type II would fit, because Type II looks better, maybe handles better?). I can't really tell if handling is big improvement since I haven't gotten a chance to do some crazy manuvering. But one warning though, the lower tie bar is low, very low, because it is arched, it sits about 1 to 1 and half inch lower than the lowest point of your stock header exhaust pipe. So after installation, I took a peek underneath my chassis, boy, it looks like a gian hook!!! Just gotta be careful driving especially you have low low springs. I have Comptech, so it is still ok.

That is all.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:25 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by uu
I recently purchased Type I (the single bar) from Markus, kudos to him, great seller, I'd buy from him again. Also, Type I fits my 01 CLS perfectly (which got me thinking if Type II would fit, because Type II looks better, maybe handles better?). I can't really tell if handling is big improvement since I haven't gotten a chance to do some crazy manuvering. But one warning though, the lower tie bar is low, very low, because it is arched, it sits about 1 to 1 and half inch lower than the lowest point of your stock header exhaust pipe. So after installation, I took a peek underneath my chassis, boy, it looks like a gian hook!!! Just gotta be careful driving especially you have low low springs. I have Comptech, so it is still ok.

That is all.
Sweeeet!!

I have Eibach springs so I should be OK too.

You beat me to it! lol
Old 10-16-2006, 02:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by uu

That is all.

Only thing is, they don't make a Type-2 for the TL/CL.

Marcus
Old 10-16-2006, 03:04 PM
uu
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MrHeeltoe

Marcus
Doh!! man, that is too bad. But anway keep us updated just in case Cusco decides to make one for us
Old 10-16-2006, 03:49 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Marcus
We are a big Acura community...is there anyway where you have them make a type-2 bar if there is a group buy?
Old 10-16-2006, 04:34 PM
Former Sponsor

We are a big Acura community...is there anyway where you have them make a type-2 bar if there is a group buy?

We are not THAT big...keep in mind, they make stuff for the Japanese market. There is no CL in Japan, and the TL is a lower production car that is not even made anymore....getting this part made is a long-shot at best. Not trying to be mean here, just being honest with you guys

Marcus
Old 10-16-2006, 04:45 PM
uu
Burning Brakes

We are not THAT big...keep in mind, they make stuff for the Japanese market. There is no CL in Japan, and the TL is a lower production car that is not even made anymore....getting this part made is a long-shot at best. Not trying to be mean here, just being honest with you guys

Marcus
hehhe.. yeah, man Marcus, when I was installing my Type I, I was reading the manual (which are two thin piece of paper), everything was in Japanese, except following big prints in English:

"This product is not be installed outside of the country of Japan"

Oh wel
Old 10-16-2006, 05:29 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by uu
hehhe.. yeah, man Marcus, when I was installing my Type I, I was reading the manual (which are two thin piece of paper), everything was in Japanese, except following big prints in English:

"This product is not be installed outside of the country of Japan"

Oh wel
Old 10-16-2006, 05:30 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Marcus
That's fine, I was just curious is all. But like I said, I'm interested and I'll let you know in a few days
Old 10-19-2006, 07:02 PM
Moderator Alumnus

I'm going to hop on the Type-I lower subframe bar (for '01-'03 CL) tomorrow.
Old 11-03-2006, 10:00 AM
DRINKING HAS A ME PROBLEM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how big of a difference would this make to a stock suspension 2000 TL.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:04 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rpappi
how big of a difference would this make to a stock suspension 2000 TL.

Read this:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...293#post635293

The answer is, I can't tell you if you will feel it or not, but I definately think they would help the car. Feeling it kinda depends on how hard you drive.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:22 PM
Moderator Alumnus

PM sent.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:52 AM
Former Sponsor

PM sent.

Thanks!
Old 12-08-2006, 10:53 AM
Moderator Alumnus

For all the goobers who thinks the Cusco bar doesn't fit the CL......

Old 12-10-2006, 07:11 PM
WINNING

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Has anyone put this on their 03' tl - s
i wanna get this just not sure if it fits my 03 type s
thanks for updates..
Old 12-10-2006, 08:03 PM
I'M DONE HERE

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Have it on my 03 TL-S
Old 12-11-2006, 11:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TLsMD
Has anyone put this on their 03' tl - s
i wanna get this just not sure if it fits my 03 type s
thanks for updates..

It fits, it is actually made for the UA5 so you have no worries!

Marcus
Old 12-11-2006, 05:02 PM
WINNING

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
how hard is it to install and which one which type i ment the single or the full one?

Quick Reply: Cusco Strut Braces and Lower Subframe Braces *** In Stock!