2004 - 2006 TL Carbon Fiber Engine Covers

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 09:47 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Here is a look at the RED cover. It isnt fastened down or anything and is just sitting on my car for the PIC purposes.....

Old 08-17-2006, 01:49 PM
Safety Car

Received 289 Likes on 171 Posts
Hi Michael
just to let you know I got the CF cover yesterday. Looks GREAT! I hope you will come out other CF parts because I will be interested if you do!

Thanks for the effort!

Ray
Old 08-17-2006, 06:55 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Hey Mike...
Any word for us other slubs without a cover yet?

Couldn't you just crank out a few more for us?
Old 08-17-2006, 07:35 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by Kennedy
Hey Mike...
Any word for us other slubs without a cover yet?

Couldn't you just crank out a few more for us?
Actually...I am working to that end as fast as I can...it just takes time to get a good one out of the mold. That and waiting for raw materials have been a bit of a problem....but that comes and goes. CF is a weird deal...force majeur kind of thing....meaning you get a cost on what a roll costs at that moment...and you have three hours to decide if you want it or not or it goes to he next guy. Anyway...materials coming in daily...just picking the right one for the job. Actually....if I can get the two back from the Mazda dealer...I will be one from being complete! At that time I am temporarily shutting sales down (after I ship cover #4) for an inventory buildout so I can catch up nationally and have some on hand to boot. I hate this waiting thing for you guys....just didnt expect to have this much backlog of work. And trust me....I dont consider you a slub whatsoever!!!
Old 08-18-2006, 12:27 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by Spiritman
Any new word on shiping? I hope the covers went out today....
Guess what buddy.....production just brought in another completed cover for your show tomorrow. I bad vibed the heck out of em last night about leaving me short handed....and they finished another one for me this morning in black. Hopefully I can get it to you express by tomorrow before you leave? Just an idea...otherwise I will just send it priority as I ususally do if you have already left today or something.....Mikey
Old 08-18-2006, 01:17 PM
Man of God.....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks Michael! I sent you a PM.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:25 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Thanks Michael! I sent you a PM.
YOUR PM's are full Spiritman...cant get through....

here is my note...

WOW dude...I cant do this....its like $129.00 for early AM delivery Saturday UPS, Fedex cannot get it to you till Monday no matter what or how much you pay...they want $129 to get it there Monday...lol....USPS is the only way; and that would not get there till your mail came...and express mail just says..."overnite to most areas...." so they dont really guarantee anything at all...ok; they do say next day by 3pm....but shit...the day is over for you by then!
Old 08-18-2006, 02:59 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Here is Spiritmans Cover sitting next to the Red One done yesterday...a pic I took while I was at home lunchin today between stops...lol. I gotta keep everything fragile in another isolated room from the Dobies so I laid em in here and figured that might be my only photo-op....so I took it.

Shipping the Black one out to you today Spiritman....
Old 08-18-2006, 03:02 PM
Man of God.....

Thumbs up

COOL .
Old 08-18-2006, 04:19 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Updated listed....
RL - Arcadia (shipped)
Scott J.- Brooklyn Park (shipped)
RT - Cranberry Township
Chris K - Stafford
Old 08-18-2006, 11:48 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike this is on paypal? just put in your email and the amount is $260.00 with shipping or without?
Old 08-19-2006, 01:12 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Yes....but I have to warn you up front that there is a lead time involved as I have none in stock at the moment and two in line in front of you. It is $260 delivered in the USA everywhere except Hawaii/Alaska (48 states). mbenz@bellonsales.com is the paypal address. If you need another method of payment let me know.
Old 08-21-2006, 01:54 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Hey Mike...
Am I the last guy?
Old 08-22-2006, 12:51 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Hey Mike...
Am I the last guy?
Checked the list....yep....the other guy paid before you did from looking at paypal. Either way...I think they will both end up shipping out on the same day...so dont fret! It will all be good either way.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:02 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Note to consumers....this sale is temporarily closed. It will be reopened at a later date. I am making the last two and then moving onto making things better stock-wise. I need inventory buildout time.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:28 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Updated listed....
RL - Arcadia (shipped)
RT - Cranberry Township (shipped)
Chris K - Stafford (shipped)

All out and on the way!!
Old 08-24-2006, 10:58 AM
Man of God.....

Thanks....

Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
Updated listed....
RL - Arcadia (shipped)
Scott J.- Brooklyn Park (shipped) AND LOVIN IT!!!!! THANK'S

All out and on the way!!

Cool......
Old 08-24-2006, 04:31 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Cool......
Post some pics when you get a chance....!
Old 08-24-2006, 05:34 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Updated listed....
RL - Arcadia (shipped)

All out and on the way!!
Sweet.
Thanks Mike. I'll close that other issue out as soon as it shows up.

Appreciate the hard work and GREAT communications.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:34 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Sweet.
Thanks Mike. I'll close that other issue out as soon as it shows up.

Appreciate the hard work and GREAT communications.
Actually sir...I still have yours right here in my hand right now, after getting the paypal email today before I left...I didnt send it.... I sent the other one out but am working on processing a refund for yours as soon as I can as I cant wait for x days until this issue is resolved as I have a payment I need to make to a carbon supplier and cant do so...meaning my operation is closed and out of business in one day if/until I can get more CF material....which cannot happen as I cant pay anybody anything due to the "hold" on my account. Until I or you close it....I am locked up...so I am gonna close it here shortly with a refund...which will immediately free my account for payments to get more materials from my out of state CF supplier. Therefore....I am still holding your cover in my possession as according to my paypal account now....you have not paid as they have already taken the money from my account....leaving a negative balance. Strange deal...but I guess thats the way they work it. I also am going to need to pay another guy in NJ this weekend though paypal for a double sided carbon fiber hood....which cannot wait. (and I got a good deal on it..cheaper than I could make it for...) Didnt know it would work this way...but the paypal claim is actually gonna get your money back instead of the cover shipped as this is what THEY prefer to free the situation immediately.....as I can do your money pretty much immediately...but to ship this cover out....and wait for it to arrive to your house and then in turn wait for you to release the claim....could be Monday before that happens....and I cant do that due to the impending payment to suppliers and an ebay seller in NJ. I am checking it out now and seeing what I have to do....RT...your cover left via priority mail and should arrive by Friday or Saturday.....CK....yours in still in my hand due to the above mentioned deal....and I am gonna refund your money and we can start it all over I guess? Easiest way to get my account freed up for payments I need to make. Right now...it is sitting at a neg balance due to the claim and the account is unusable totally. Issuing you a refund immediately frees it up again (which is what they are suggesting too)...so that is the route I am using given I need use of the PP account tomorrow at a minimum. If you still want the cover....you can resend the money at a later date I guess? Otherwise...I will just relist this extra cover and sell it to the next person in line. I dont know what else to do given the circumstances...? Otherwise I am gonna lose an available CarbonFiber roll in black and probably lose the hood I bought too....Doh!

Sorry Chris....Paypal is like the Devil himself though (usually not good for anybody but paypal)...that and I had also packed some extra goods in the box due to the wait (T-Shirt and Acura inspection mirror)...further raising the cost to me....and given I am gonna be screwed here shortly....didnt make sense to send it...makes more sense to follow paypals advise and just offer a refund? What do you think? Sound cool to you? I held the box and didnt take it in today with the other one....so again....I still have the box here in Indy. If you would like...I can even take a pic of said box and cover (would have to open the box...but thats do-able, open from bottom to preserve label...) to show you that I still have it and it is in fact done, ect.

BTW....RT.....you got a T-Shirt and Inspection Mirror too....its in the box with your shipment so look for it when you open the box!
Old 08-24-2006, 07:39 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Updated listed....
RL - Arcadia (shipped)
Chris K - Stafford (held shipment due to paypal dispute)
Old 08-24-2006, 09:22 PM
Intermediate

I take it there was never enough interest for a cover to be made for the 01-03 TL's?
Old 08-24-2006, 09:40 PM
Instructor

Talking

Yeah Baby - I will post pics after the easy install. Thanks Mike - seems like you have been through alot! I hope things smooth out for your business. Let me know when you start to develop the other engine covers - I will purchase them from you.
Updated listed....
RL - Arcadia (shipped)
Chris K - Stafford (held shipment due to paypal dispute)
Old 08-24-2006, 11:43 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by hop2000
I take it there was never enough interest for a cover to be made for the 01-03 TL's?
That still remains to be seen. That would be in a different sale thread anyway. I will take a look at other projects as I can fit them in my schedule....right now....my plate is kind of full with current projects...but that is on the list of consider.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:07 AM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Hey Mike,
Paypal hold the payment in escrow until the dispute is resolved.

Whatever's easiest on you. Just know I really want that cover, and after all this, the anticipation is driving me nuts.

Sure, if you want to process the refund, I'll close the dispute. I'll then forward another payment to you so you can make your payments.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:02 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Hey Mike,
Paypal hold the payment in escrow until the dispute is resolved.

Whatever's easiest on you. Just know I really want that cover, and after all this, the anticipation is driving me nuts.

Sure, if you want to process the refund, I'll close the dispute. I'll then forward another payment to you so you can make your payments.
#1-what is it you think they are holding is escrow? There is nothing there to hold....which is the issue. They would prefer you leave large amts of money in their accounts so they can draw profits from it daily....I dont....so I move it immediately away from their systems.

#2-It takes over 3.5 hours of handwork on each of these covers...plus dry time....then finish work, materials, ect. So I am not sure how much money you think I am making on these things....but I think you may be mistaken if you thought it was huge money. These covers have been discounted for the AZ sale....I have sold others here locally for anywhere from $325 to $375? Therefore...I am examining my price structure to see if $260 is still feasible. I mean...if I have to deal with paypal hassles and the like.....this may no longer be a price point as I need to factor that into the equation on all future sales?This price point was originally designed for the first run of covers...which were long past a while back ago. There was no paypal hassles figured into the pricing structure at that time...as they were all sitting right there on the shelf? When those went away...I kind of figured people would understand these are one offs...each and every one of em....therefore...they take time to produce. The more orders you have...the more time they take to produce.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:36 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

#1-what is it you think they are holding is escrow? There is nothing there to hold....which is the issue. They would prefer you leave large amts of money in their accounts so they can draw profits from it daily....I dont....so I move it immediately away from their systems.

#2-It takes over 3.5 hours of handwork on each of these covers...plus dry time....then finish work, materials, ect. So I am not sure how much money you think I am making on these things....but I think you may be mistaken if you thought it was huge money. These covers have been discounted for the AZ sale....I have sold others here locally for anywhere from $325 to $375? Therefore...I am examining my price structure to see if $260 is still feasible. I mean...if I have to deal with paypal hassles and the like.....this may no longer be a price point as I need to factor that into the equation on all future sales?This price point was originally designed for the first run of covers...which were long past a while back ago. There was no paypal hassles figured into the pricing structure at that time...as they were all sitting right there on the shelf? When those went away...I kind of figured people would understand these are one offs...each and every one of em....therefore...they take time to produce. The more orders you have...the more time they take to produce.

#2 ???

What was that about? I never questioned the price structure or your processes, nor do I control paypal's dispute policies. I'm sorry you're not happy, but I have to protect myself. I told you was going to do this, you said it was cool, and you completely understood. It's been over 30 days since I paid, and I stil have no cover through no fault of my own.

The negative balance means that the next paypal payment you recieve will be credited towards the dispute, or you can move the funds I paid BACK into your paypal account and credit me back, and we can start over.

I'm certainly not trying to pick a fight, Micheal. We can take this to PM if you like. Please let me know the next move.

If you shipped that thing out Saturday, it SHOULD be here by Tuesday, and we'd all be done with this. Provided USPS doesn't screw the pooch again.
Old 08-25-2006, 04:03 PM
Need More HP!!!

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Michael,

I would really like to get my hands on one of these. I have the CT Supercharger and was waiting for either a new mold (from you) or a picture and a DIY of a NA manifold cover that someone fitted on a SC TL.

I wish I didn't wait based on your current issues with PP and the product itself.

I hope you can keep me in mind as I would really like to get a hold of one of these shroud covers.
Thanks for being a potent contributor to Acurazine!

Greg
Old 08-25-2006, 04:16 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

#2 ???

What was that about? I never questioned the price structure or your processes, nor do I control paypal's dispute policies. I'm sorry you're not happy, but I have to protect myself. I told you was going to do this, you said it was cool, and you completely understood. It's been over 30 days since I paid, and I stil have no cover through no fault of my own.

The negative balance means that the next paypal payment you recieve will be credited towards the dispute, or you can move the funds I paid BACK into your paypal account and credit me back, and we can start over.

I'm certainly not trying to pick a fight, Micheal. We can take this to PM if you like. Please let me know the next move.

If you shipped that thing out Saturday, it SHOULD be here by Tuesday, and we'd all be done with this. Provided USPS doesn't screw the pooch again.
Note...there is no payments to receive...my account cannot receive payments as it is locked off or I would have already sent your money back today. Yes...I am working on transferring the money to an account attached to paypal now. So far as all being done with this...yes...as soon as your money is refunded...it will automatically be over. That is what paypal is recommending and what I am doing. Then it will be all over.
Old 08-25-2006, 04:22 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by gman44116
Michael,

I would really like to get my hands on one of these. I have the CT Supercharger and was waiting for either a new mold (from you) or a picture and a DIY of a NA manifold cover that someone fitted on a SC TL.

I wish I didn't wait based on your current issues with PP and the product itself.

I hope you can keep me in mind as I would really like to get a hold of one of these shroud covers.
Thanks for being a potent contributor to Acurazine!

Greg
They will still be available and there is one now that has been fitted to a supercharger. He customized the cover by shaving off part of it as shown.....

Old 08-25-2006, 05:02 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Mike,
Check your PM.

Let's just get that last cover shipped and enjoy the rest of the weekend...

whaddaya say?
Old 08-26-2006, 09:51 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Mike,
Check your PM.

Let's just get that last cover shipped and enjoy the rest of the weekend...

whaddaya say?
Shipping out...

Mikey
Old 08-26-2006, 01:09 PM
Need More HP!!!

MichaelBenz,

I would be pleased to send you payment now to get in line for the next available shroud.

Let me know...

Greg
Old 08-26-2006, 04:09 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by gman44116
MichaelBenz,

I would be pleased to send you payment now to get in line for the next available shroud.

Let me know...

Greg
No need...just hang onto it and I will start a list and when they are shippable...I will take your money then. You are first in line right now....

This way I am not holding your money before I am ready to ship. No need...I can follow the AZ list here as it builds.....and this way nobody has ill will due to waiting while not having your money.....that sounds like a better idea to me. I do need to close for some retooling breifly...but I can squeeze yours out first...no problemo! I will let you know when its time to send money!!

AZ Shipping List:

Kennedy (shipped)
gman4116 - next in line for shipping
Old 08-26-2006, 04:28 PM
Need More HP!!!

Michael, just let me know when it's ready. I'll watch out for a new buy as well. Any idea when you expect to have one ready?

Greg
No need...just hang onto it and I will start a list and when they are shippable...I will take your money then. You are first in line right now....

This way I am not holding your money before I am ready to ship. No need...I can follow the AZ list here as it builds.....and this way nobody has ill will due to waiting while not having your money.....that sounds like a better idea to me. I do need to close for some retooling breifly...but I can squeeze yours out first...no problemo! I will let you know when its time to send money!!

AZ Shipping List:

Kennedy (shipped)
gman4116 - next in line for shipping
Old 08-26-2006, 09:05 PM
ITL
I do my own work.

They will still be available and there is one now that has been fitted to a supercharger. He customized the cover by shaving off part of it as shown.....
Looks good, Henryk! Who cut it for you?
Old 08-26-2006, 11:15 PM
trill recognize trill

how about for a 2nd gen?
Old 08-28-2006, 01:53 PM
Advanced

I would also like to be on the list for this product when you are able to have stock.

thanks - they look hottt

Robert
Old 08-28-2006, 04:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

will there ever be a cover for 2nd gen CL's??? cuz i think that would be hot....i could send you mine to use a mold....discount...hehe
Old 08-28-2006, 05:48 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by AcUrAge703
will there ever be a cover for 2nd gen CL's??? cuz i think that would be hot....i could send you mine to use a mold....discount...hehe
Yes...there will most likely be a 2G TL cover....but I need to organize on that side of the forum and get at least 20 people committed to the project to justify making the mold for it.

Quick Reply: 2004 - 2006 TL Carbon Fiber Engine Covers