2004 - 2006 TL Carbon Fiber Engine Covers

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 12:16 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
2004 - 2006 TL Carbon Fiber Engine Covers

Thanks to all who expressed enough interest in the project to get it off the ground and running! The following are the details of the sale:

1 Each Hand Laid Carbon Fiber Engine Cover/Bonnet

This engine cover was hand produced from a mold that is the same as OEM, therefore fitment issues will not be a problem whatsoever. Keep in mind this is a hand made and formed product, therefore material variations will occur from time to time and are not considered an initial defect….but part of the working process necessary to form compound bends and curves necessary to form a cover. Not all covers are the same as they are hand made…so if you have purchased multiple covers, they can and will vary slightly from one another depending upon where the material was cut from the roll.

There are a two (2) items you will need to remove from your stock plastic OEM engine cover and place onto the hand made carbon fiber cover.
  • Three ¼ Turn Hold Down Screws and Backside Retaining Rings
  • Three Strips of Adhesive Foam Isolation Strips
Sale Price $260 USD Delivered in the USA (if insurance is desired...add $5)
Paypal Account: mbenz@bellonsales.com
Check/money order also accepted

I will ship out the covers on a first come first served basis...meaning...once you have paid...your cover is in line for shipment next. The previous list was very old and some people are not even here anymore...so rather than worry about it...I am just doing first payed...first out system. You may also send a check/money order to the address below:

Michael Benz, CPMR
Bellon Sales Associates
5511 East 82nd Street, Suite B
Indianapolis, IN 46250

Here are some additional photos taken underhood:

Last edited by MichaelBenz; 07-14-2006 at 12:20 PM.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:38 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Note...if paying by check....please include shipping address with check. Paypal automatically gives that info...but make sure it is with check payments as sometimes the return address on envelopes gets smeared or is not legible by the time it gets to me.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:08 PM
Ryan Christopher

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks again MB, the money should be there. If you can let me know when it ships out. I will get a couple pics up once I get it in. I color matched the parts under the hood to the exterior, so this part should really look nice under there. Paint finish and CF, sweet!!!! Now for the hood!!
Old 07-14-2006, 03:43 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How many of these do you have? Will there be a discount for group buy?
Old 07-14-2006, 04:03 PM

Paypal payment sent.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:24 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by Black_05_TL_6SP
Thanks again MB, the money should be there. If you can let me know when it ships out. I will get a couple pics up once I get it in. I color matched the parts under the hood to the exterior, so this part should really look nice under there. Paint finish and CF, sweet!!!! Now for the hood!!
It will go out this weekend. I have to go and get another $8.25 box for it like I did for the other AZ member that I already shipped out to. You will receive a tracking # by paypal automatically as soon as the label is made! Thanks!
Old 07-14-2006, 04:25 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by dan.....k
Paypal payment sent.
Dan...payment received. I will get yours out this weekend too! Mikey Ditto on the box deal....make that $16.50 in boxes...lol!~Off to the box store! Note to self....order boxes from the internet....that box shop is way high!
Old 07-14-2006, 04:27 PM
Ryan Christopher

Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
It will go out this weekend. I have to go and get another $8.25 box for it like I did for the other AZ member that I already shipped out to. You will receive a tracking # by paypal automatically as soon as the label is made! Thanks!
Thanks dude!! Can't wait to get it. Have you thought about seeing if they could do this in the Texalium(silver CF)? I think some people would like that and its not different then using CF in the mold?
Old 07-14-2006, 04:31 PM

Dan...payment received. I will get yours out this weekend too! Mikey Ditto on the box deal....make that $16.50 in boxes...lol!~Off to the box store! Note to self....order boxes from the internet....that box shop is way high!
Sweet. Now I just have to cut the thing to make room for the s/c.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:31 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by Black_05_TL_6SP
Thanks dude!! Can't wait to get it. Have you thought about seeing if they could do this in the Texalium(silver CF)? I think some people would like that and its not different then using CF in the mold?
Yes...actually we looked into sourcing the material at a reasonable rate and not sure what the result was. Will keep you informed as it develops. I dont expect it to be on the forefront for a while though....sourcing red CF is somewhat problematic too. And the blue stuff we have is being used to make Yamaha parts....lol!
Old 07-14-2006, 04:36 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by dan.....k
Sweet. Now I just have to cut the thing to make room for the s/c.
Yes...as I said...I havent done this yet but will be doing so soon! I would highly recommend a high speed dremel though as a saw blade might be a bit rough on it. I do drill them after the finishing process though....and I have no problems with doing that and not harming them? Those front holes have to be elongated very slightly to make sure the 1/4 turn screw end will fit though it...and I do this step with a Makita at the same time the back side connectors are added by drilling straight though the cover....anyway...off to box shop!!
Old 07-14-2006, 04:53 PM
Instructor

so do you have a stock of these and once they are gone, they are gone, or is made "on the spot", so to speak?
Old 07-14-2006, 04:54 PM
Man of God.....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WOW! Looks great!! Michael were the slots for more cooling put in this run? If not, will there be a run made with more cooling slots? Man, I want a cover, but don't want the heat...

I run my TL without the shroud for this very reason. Thanks Michael...
Old 07-14-2006, 05:03 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by jdeec
so do you have a stock of these and once they are gone, they are gone, or is made "on the spot", so to speak?
Both! Stock on hand and "on the spot" production (well...thats a bit of an overstatement/joke as they do take longer than just a 1/2 hour to make...lol...but yes....when I am out of what I have done so far we will keep makin them till everybody has one that wants one...we have permanent molds made. We also do some Audi parts toon for the TT model.
Old 07-14-2006, 05:09 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by Spiritman
WOW! Looks great!! Michael were the slots for more cooling put in this run? If not, will there be a run made with more cooling slots? Man, I want a cover, but don't want the heat...

I run my TL without the shroud for this very reason. Thanks Michael...
No. I dont intend on making another expensive mold at this point. Cooling likely can be dremeled out if that is what you would like to do. This was fashioned after the OEM cover. I can let you know soon, as I will be dremeling one for a supercharger soon...so I am gonna dremel the side cut out.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:06 PM
Instructor

Both! Stock on hand and "on the spot" production (well...thats a bit of an overstatement/joke as they do take longer than just a 1/2 hour to make...lol...but yes....when I am out of what I have done so far we will keep makin them till everybody has one that wants one...we have permanent molds made. We also do some Audi parts toon for the TT model.
cool, now I just need a TL
Old 07-15-2006, 02:22 AM
Tint The Windshield

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Arrow

Great Product and Great Customer Service!

More Pictures Of Carbon Shroud - Click Here

Old 07-15-2006, 05:30 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
WOw, thats nice!
Old 07-15-2006, 10:00 AM
Man of God.....

No. I dont intend on making another expensive mold at this point. Cooling likely can be dremeled out if that is what you would like to do. This was fashioned after the OEM cover. I can let you know soon, as I will be dremeling one for a supercharger soon...so I am gonna dremel the side cut out.
Would you PLEASE post some pic's after your mod of this mod...? I will be standing by. Don't want to miss out though.... I will buy one ether way.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:11 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Would you PLEASE post some pic's after your mod of this mod...? I will be standing by. Don't want to miss out though.... I will buy one ether way.
Sure...no problem!
Old 07-15-2006, 08:33 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Here is the pics of another install.....transferred over here to this thread for your convenience. Thanks.....great job on the pics!!

Before:

After:

Old 07-16-2006, 08:44 PM
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
Paypal sent!
Old 07-17-2006, 04:49 AM
EMRacer

Thanks MB....Payment sent!
Old 07-17-2006, 03:18 PM
Advanced

please tell me this fits a 7th gen v6 coupe!! that looks amazing and would be extremely interested in it...please let me know at jason.townsend27@gmail.com
Old 07-18-2006, 04:26 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by xtin
How many of these do you have? Will there be a discount for group buy?
I had 7 of em in my hands done and shippable on Friday....but they have since sold and shipped out today. I have some more complete at the shop that i will be picking up ASAP....so wait is not long at all at this point. I wanted to have some on hand to take care of the initial onslaught of buyers...but this is not a part you want boatloads of inventory on as they are so expensive to produce. We thought about making multi molds...but fact is...once we fill the initial void....they are likely to trickle to 2-3 or so a week max...so the cost of another mold is out of the question unless you would need like 6 - 10 per week to be able to support the startup cost. As far as sale pricing...this is it. Once the intial production is done and we go to regular one off pricing....it will increase by about 15%. (we purchased CF fabric in bulk for this run) This wont happen for about three months though. Till then...I am doing my best to maintain inventory and make more to fill the voids before/just as they occur! All the complete covers are sold now....the ones at the shop that are done are sold....and here I am. Will I have more available inventory just at the drop of a hat....well.....I certainly will be making more and attempting this....so as long as somebody doesnt sent money in to claim the next one out of the mold? I can produce between 3 - 5 covers a week max. Right now....I sold all the past production I had been saving up as initial inventory and am making more just as fast as we can! BUT...there also is NO backlog right now either....what will be put in the mold tonight...has NOT sold yet in other words. I have product for all the sales up to now in hand or on the floor ready to pickup.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:27 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by rka4570
Paypal sent!
Payment received. Thanks! Product allocated for shipment.

Last edited by MichaelBenz; 07-18-2006 at 04:31 PM.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:29 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by emracer
Thanks MB....Payment sent!
Payment received. Thanks! Product allocated for shipment.

Last edited by MichaelBenz; 07-18-2006 at 04:31 PM.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:30 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by jason2713
please tell me this fits a 7th gen v6 coupe!! that looks amazing and would be extremely interested in it...please let me know at jason.townsend27@gmail.com
Yes sir...I believe it does. I had some Honda guys buy a few locally here for just that reason I do believe....lol.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:30 PM
Instructor

I need a cover!!!

Pay pal sent!!
Old 07-19-2006, 02:30 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by Pro Street
Pay pal sent!!
Payment received. You are next (first) in line...shipping the other two out today and have another in the mold ready to come out that will be yours!

Mike

Note....I have had several emails and PMs regarding getting covers ASAP....this is the time to send your money in! THIS IS A FIRST COME FIRST SERVE SALE...THEREFORE HE WHO PAID FIRST...GETS SHIPPED FIRST, as you would expect. Right now we are pumping out a minimum of three to five covers per week from this mold...and are getting ready to tool up for an additional mold to satisfy demand....which will raise production figures to 6 - 10 per week. Right now, there is no backlog. What is being made tonight or tomorrow in the mold is to the next customer....so wait is minimal to none. I just want to give you guys an idea how long you would or would not have to wait. I know there are several car shows coming up that people have asked about getting covers for....SEND MONEY NOW. (not to sound like a scam...but I dont want you guys left out or in the back of a line as time is good now)

Good part is....two molds = faster and more production!!!

Mikey

Last edited by MichaelBenz; 07-19-2006 at 02:33 PM.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:01 PM
Man of God.....

Money sent! Thanks Mike!!
Old 07-20-2006, 06:05 PM
Ryan Christopher

More Pics

Old 07-21-2006, 08:05 AM
Advanced

Yes sir...I believe it does. I had some Honda guys buy a few locally here for just that reason I do believe....lol.
hmm...so this isn't for the 7th gen per se' but it will fit? would you happen to have a fitment pic with this cover on a 7th gen? I would not want a home made look, I'd like to have it as professional looking as possible with no gaps or spacing in the engine cover.

Also, if it does fit nicely, can you produce me one in blue/black carbon fiber. It would go with the scheme of my car:

here is my engine cover custom painted, the engine cover black/blue would be a nice touch:

this is my color scheme over all, black/blue:
(O.C. Maryland Car Show)
Old 07-21-2006, 04:23 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Money sent! Thanks Mike!!
Gotcha in the works....!!
Old 07-21-2006, 04:28 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Note....I have had several emails and PMs regarding getting covers ASAP....this is the time to send your money in! THIS IS A FIRST COME FIRST SERVE SALE...THEREFORE HE WHO PAID FIRST...GETS SHIPPED FIRST, as you would expect. Right now we are pumping out a minimum of three to five covers per week from this mold...and are getting ready to tool up for an additional mold to satisfy demand....which will raise production figures to 6 - 10 per week. Right now, there is no backlog. What is being made tonight or tomorrow in the mold is to the next paying customer....so wait is minimal to none. I just want to give you guys an idea how long you would or would not have to wait. I know there are several car shows coming up that people have asked about getting covers for....SEND MONEY NOW. (not to sound like a scam...but I dont want you guys left out or in the back of a line as time is good now)

Good part is....two molds = faster and more production!!!

Mikey
Bump...we are up to that point again....what is made tonight has not sold yet (we have product for all others sold up to now and shipping)....dont get left out or at the back of the line when you can walk right up to the front!! Reserve your spot/cover today...!!!
Old 07-21-2006, 04:29 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Thanks to all who expressed enough interest in the project to get it off the ground and running! The following are the details of the sale:

1 Each Hand Laid Carbon Fiber Engine Cover/Bonnet

This engine cover was hand produced from a mold that is the same as OEM, therefore fitment issues will not be a problem whatsoever. Keep in mind this is a hand made and formed product, therefore material variations will occur from time to time and are not considered an initial defect….but part of the working process necessary to form compound bends and curves necessary to form a cover. Not all covers are the same as they are hand made…so if you have purchased multiple covers, they can and will vary slightly from one another depending upon where the material was cut from the roll.

There are a two (2) items you will need to remove from your stock plastic OEM engine cover and place onto the hand made carbon fiber cover.
  • Three ¼ Turn Hold Down Screws and Backside Retaining Rings
  • Three Strips of Adhesive Foam Isolation Strips
Sale Price $260 USD Delivered in the USA (if insurance is desired...add $5)
Paypal Account: mbenz@bellonsales.com
Check/money order also accepted

I will ship out the covers on a first come first served basis...meaning...once you have paid...your cover is in line for shipment next. The previous list was very old and some people are not even here anymore...so rather than worry about it...I am just doing first payed...first out system. You may also send a check/money order to the address below:

Michael Benz, CPMR
Bellon Sales Associates
5511 East 82nd Street, Suite B
Indianapolis, IN 46250

Here are some additional photos taken underhood:

reposting details-see above post....next payment received is next in line!!
Old 07-21-2006, 05:24 PM
Advanced

mike...

can you make on in blue/black carbon fiber? please let me know.
Old 07-22-2006, 08:10 AM
Advanced

well mike, i tried and tried to get you to answer my questions, yet no luck....good luck in the future.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:53 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by jason2713
well mike, i tried and tried to get you to answer my questions, yet no luck....good luck in the future.
Well Jason...sorry to let you down. I have not been down to the shop to check on the supply of blue CF material.....so if you want me to tell you can it be done...yes.....do I have material....I dont know? I have a LOT of projects going on right now....and am at several locations thoughout the day. I appologize that I do not have time to drop everything to drive across town to look....I figured I could get down there before the end of the weekend....but guess it doesnt matter now anyway....

BTW....if you read the other thread on these covers...it kind of covers the colors and the status on said colors. I have not produced ANY of these covers in colors yet nor tested them after the fact....I was going to go ahead an forge forward into this arena at your request....so to incinuate that I was completely ignoring you is far from the truth. Not to mention....you are asking me about HONDA.....and fit on HONDA....which I still have to check. Not having a Honda....I am not sure whats up there....I have been TOLD they would fit...but have not seen it yet and would like to do so at the same time.

Anyway...sorry you feel slighted/ignored dude. I am one man here with one helper....and I do all the leg work....I am making covers as fast as I can to keep up with demand (so far so good!) so fortunately....your question and issue is NOT the only issue I have to deal with....and it is a HONDA issue to which to some degree I have not been able to verify.

I mean....did you want me to tell you all that 5 minutes after your post? Geez! Now I have told you....but there still is no answer until I get to the shop to check on colored materials....see what I mean? I didnt want to pollute this thread with 1/2 answers....for which at this point....I did.

Last edited by MichaelBenz; 07-22-2006 at 12:56 PM.
Old 07-22-2006, 02:06 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Ok Jason....answer to your question...NO. I dont have enough blue CF left. I have 18 inches of blue fabric left...which is not enough to do a cover. I will be going out of state here soon (next week) and will be visiting one of my CF material suppliers that we get the blue materials from...and will pick some more material up at that time if you like. I will have one made in blue....cause honestly....I will keep it myself if you dont want it....lol!

BUT....still have plenty of BLACK material left that we are still making covers with today! Note....cover in mold right now...is to the next buyer. Not spoken for yet. All other covers sold have been mfg'd already! Next one out of the mold is to the next paying customer!!!

Quick Reply: 2004 - 2006 TL Carbon Fiber Engine Covers