Southeast Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina & Tennessee

New orleans area independent mechanics/ car repair hobbyist ???

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 07:11 PM
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New orleans area independent mechanics/ car repair hobbyist ???

hi guys my name is lauren
i am new to acurazine!!
i have a 2005 acura rl -- major headache
i figured maybe i could make a post on here to find someone knowledgeable enough to help me fix my car??
I have continuously searched over and over and over figuring out what is wrong with my car and when i have someone look at it they are sure that whatever the problem is it is notttt what i think it is.. They will spend hours working on it and end up where they started the problem is still there!!!
If anyone has the free time or knows of someone who would be willing to look at my car (not for free i will pay) please let me know!!! I live in the new orleans area!!
Old 07-06-2018, 08:44 PM
Null and proud of it

Received 898 Likes on 788 Posts
I'm in MS right now, but been around Metairie my whole life... Whatever you do, don't go to Walker Acura, they'll fix everything that isn't broken for a premium price, leaving you with a broken car, and empty wallet...

We used EFI in Elmwood a few years ago on our Kia, kinda pricey, but they do good work and are good with complicated electrical systems on German cars, so an Acura shouldn't be so bad, haha...

Maybe call Bernie Davis at Imports ECT. On Lime st. in Metairie... He sells nice older used cars, usually Hondas he is very familiar with the brand and may know someone... Very nice guy...

I've been doing all of our car work at a Honda dealer in Mississippi, but they really won't mess with complicated problems on anything other than a Honda (i.e. no Acura)

There is a specialty shop in Ridgeland (Jackson, MS) that is for Hondas in Acuras only near the Acura dealer there, but I've never been there, but that's three hours from you and one from me...

NOLA gets out of the loop on some things, like good car shops and such...

Whats going on? I hope you can get some help!!!