Southeast Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina & Tennessee

Conyers/Covington Georgia

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 05:31 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Conyers/Covington Georgia

Hi folks. My job is moving and I'm moving with it near Salem Rd, Conyers, GA. Looking for some input on whether Conyers in Rockdale County is preferable to Covington in Newton County since my work will be bordering both the town's and counties.

Taxes and property values appear to be less expensive in Covington, so I'm leaning that direction, however all input is welcome. The area seems really depressed based on the amount of foreclosures, so while cheap homes are good for me, odds are it'll be a hard sell if I ever leave town.

I'll take any input, especially local sales tax %, area's, roads, streets, and neighborhoods to avoid. Thanks.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:24 AM
an asshole from florida

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
i used to go there yearly for some catholic thing, small town. thats all i got
Old 01-20-2010, 08:06 AM
All About Trance

Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
I think your best chance to get an answer is to either have the mod move this to the Southeast forum or you can ask this in the ATL club forum located here https://acurazine.com/forums/groups/atl-17/. I don't live anywhere near those 2 cities so I can't be of much help.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:03 PM
Intermediate

canddmeyer I stay in Covington. It's a nice countryside town. Make sure you stay away from Rockdale and Conyer's it used to be good but it has changed a lot in recent years. The reason i like covington and newton county is because the police over here are strict and they dont like to put up with bullshit. If you move to covington make sure you move to the East part of Newton County. The West part of Newton county has gotten worse now. But the east part is still very good place to live. You will enjoy every bit of it. When i mean east newton i mean exit 93 on I-20 and upwards. However, the nearest mall from here is like on exit 75 on I-20. Shopping is very limited for that you have to go to exit 82.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:06 PM
Intermediate

reconsider "salem rd" exit again which is exit 84 on I-20. I am just trying to give you my opinion.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:07 PM
Intermediate

If you are going to visit this area anytime soon. Just PM me i can meet with you somewhere and show you the town.