Southeast Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina & Tennessee

** The South Carolina Chat Thread **

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 02:05 PM
Clemson Tiger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry! I really do wish I could be there
Old 09-28-2009, 08:56 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey has anyone heard about Hendrick after Hours? I read somewhere (the other site I think) that said Hendrick Honda in Charlotte, is supposed to host a "gathering" of Honda/Acura enthusiasts. It is planned for Oct 24 from 8-12pm. I read on Honda Tech that it was a pretty good turnout last year.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:53 PM
PCM full of water, yummy

Originally Posted by TPhong
Hey has anyone heard about Hendrick after Hours? I read somewhere (the other site I think) that said Hendrick Honda in Charlotte, is supposed to host a "gathering" of Honda/Acura enthusiasts. It is planned for Oct 24 from 8-12pm. I read on Honda Tech that it was a pretty good turnout last year.
That sounds cool, but it is the weekend of the Dragon meet, so I won't be able to make it...
Old 09-28-2009, 11:48 PM
Your mom is in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TPhong
Nope never heard of it, sounds cool though
Old 09-29-2009, 09:35 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Never heard of it, but would expect it to be like that meet/dyno session they had last year...Civic/Rice Fest 20**. At least it's at night as opposed to during the day in August like last year.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:43 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by chill_dog
Never heard of it, but would expect it to be like that meet/dyno session they had last year...Civic/Rice Fest 20**. At least it's at night as opposed to during the day in August like last year.
I think the Carolinahondas meet at TDC (Roebuck, SC) is supposed to be like that. They're having $20 dyno runs and stuff. I would go to the Dragon, but I just got back 2 weeks ago from an S2000 meet. It was freaking awesome for those who've never been. Video's and pics do it no justice. Just watch out for slow cruiser that putt along and have no intention of pulling off out of your way!
Old 09-29-2009, 02:08 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

I'll be missing the Dragon meet as my already full October continues to have things added to it.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:58 PM
Quarterlife Crisis....

Received 108 Likes on 84 Posts
My October is really super busy too. I'm going to have to back out of this meet and plan to go to the Dec Charlotte meet instead.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:42 PM
Your mom is in

Due to the lack of response for a meet this Saturday (less than 10 people) We are going to have to cancel this meet. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, but I hope to do this in the future at a better date/when at least more than 10 people can show up.

Again, my apologies and thanks to those that committed and planned on coming. Just too many flakers this time around.

-Vik
Old 09-30-2009, 02:18 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

So? Our first meet in Charlotte only had 3/4 people at it! Don't get me wrong, freeing up my Saturday is HUGE, but I'd still rather spend the day at the meet.

Oh well, guess I'll stay home an be productive. The itch to get moving on my wheels has been getting strong lately. I was actually thinking about it yesterday, and the weather's perfect now.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Well, all the folks who were heading here are now free for C&C

Also, title updated per OP...
Old 09-30-2009, 08:04 PM
Quarterlife Crisis....

well dang
Old 09-30-2009, 11:23 PM
Your mom is in

Originally Posted by gr8ness97
well dang
didn't you say you were backing out of this meet?
Old 10-01-2009, 07:04 AM
PCM full of water, yummy

Well I guess I won't have to rush on Friday night to put in my super secret new mod... Oh well. Hope everyone has a good weekend, and Jack, now you should be able to go to the Dragon hehe...
Old 10-01-2009, 08:36 AM
Quarterlife Crisis....

Originally Posted by thevikas87
didn't you say you were backing out of this meet?

Well yea. I wouldnt want to see a meet not happen because of a lack of participation though. I have a distance to go, so I looked at my schedule and saw the Cars and Coffee Meet in Charlotte in December was a better fit for me. I was hoping more local guys would be interested in a meet like this.

Dont feel bad, I'm trying to organize an s2000 meet down here next weekend and the response is rather lackluster too. I still plan on having it though, even if its just 3-4 people.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:37 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Originally Posted by blokhead
Well I guess I won't have to rush on Friday night to put in my super secret new mod... Oh well. Hope everyone has a good weekend, and Jack, now you should be able to go to the Dragon hehe...
I wish. I don't know what it is about this time of year, but I never seem to have any free time. Last weekend went from free to wasted in an instant (but I was being a good friend, which you have to do every now and then ). I've already back filled this weekend to the point that it's just as shot as it was originally going to be.

Buuuuut, aside from getting some stuff around the house done that NEEDS to be done, my wheels will be getting painted. I'm really interested to see how they turn out. I was really pleased with my intake, tails, and heads, but wheels are bigger and a little more complex. I just hope I have enough primer and paint (well primer, I know I don't have enough paint )...I hate running out mid-project.

I'd really like to do the Dragon run, but I just don't see it happening. Unfortunately, it's not the kind of thing you can just decide on Thursday you want to do (since that guy needs to know who's coming to reserve the hotel rooms). If things are going well then, maybe I'll check with him. A Dragon run will allow me to get new brakes and tires on the car sooner ... although I'm not too sure I want to run it with not-so-great brakes and tires ...
Old 10-01-2009, 08:51 AM
PCM full of water, yummy

I wish. I don't know what it is about this time of year, but I never seem to have any free time. Last weekend went from free to wasted in an instant (but I was being a good friend, which you have to do every now and then ). I've already back filled this weekend to the point that it's just as shot as it was originally going to be.

Buuuuut, aside from getting some stuff around the house done that NEEDS to be done, my wheels will be getting painted. I'm really interested to see how they turn out. I was really pleased with my intake, tails, and heads, but wheels are bigger and a little more complex. I just hope I have enough primer and paint (well primer, I know I don't have enough paint )...I hate running out mid-project.

I'd really like to do the Dragon run, but I just don't see it happening. Unfortunately, it's not the kind of thing you can just decide on Thursday you want to do (since that guy needs to know who's coming to reserve the hotel rooms). If things are going well then, maybe I'll check with him. A Dragon run will allow me to get new brakes and tires on the car sooner ... although I'm not too sure I want to run it with not-so-great brakes and tires ...
I'm getting all excited :theghey: to see your wheels finished, hope they turn out awesome. I'm going to get some pics of the super secret mod and post them up today or tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be getting my gaskets in today so I can work on it this weekend.

Shit I remember the first meet I ever went to, up in Charlotte, there was 5 of us with 4 cars, about 10 people backed out last minute... Remember that one Jack?

Get your rims done and some new Tires for em, and hit the dragon with us... Brakes are for pussies... haha. I'm hoping to get my edfc before the dragon meet, but I don't know if it will happen.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:18 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts

I'd really like to do the Dragon run, but I just don't see it happening. Unfortunately, it's not the kind of thing you can just decide on Thursday you want to do (since that guy needs to know who's coming to reserve the hotel rooms). .... ...

Dragon Run is a day trip.

Lot of miles, but easily do-able in one day. Only issue you'll have is getting out of bead early enough to get up there at a decent time.

What are you doing to your wheels? Is there a thread? Which wheels are these exactly?
Old 10-01-2009, 09:26 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Originally Posted by blokhead
I'm getting all excited :theghey: to see your wheels finished, hope they turn out awesome. I'm going to get some pics of the super secret mod and post them up today or tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be getting my gaskets in today so I can work on it this weekend.

Shit I remember the first meet I ever went to, up in Charlotte, there was 5 of us with 4 cars, about 10 people backed out last minute... Remember that one Jack?

Get your rims done and some new Tires for em, and hit the dragon with us... Brakes are for pussies... haha. I'm hoping to get my edfc before the dragon meet, but I don't know if it will happen.
Super secret mod? Is that the one you told me about but I forgot what it was? Gaskets? P2R IM & TB?

Yeah, that was the one I was referring to...first Charlotte meet where 3/4 people showed up. Me, you & Jen, and that kid with the CL. There was that other guy with the RL, but he wasn't from AZ; he just knew the owner of that race shop we met at. We met up with another guy with a CL at Concord Mills. It was fun, especially up at the speedway with the burnouts and racing on 85.

See? I remember that but not something you told me last week
Old 10-01-2009, 09:31 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Originally Posted by Bearcat94
Dragon Run is a day trip.

Lot of miles, but easily do-able in one day. Only issue you'll have is getting out of bead early enough to get up there at a decent time.

What are you doing to your wheels? Is there a thread? Which wheels are these exactly?
Yeah, so is Atlanta, but it makes for a really long day. I'm old, I'll pass.

Get up early? You should know me better by now.

No thread (no camera = no pics = no thread). These are the wheels I bought last January and stripped last summer. I'm finally getting around to painting them. They'll most likely go on next spring...over two years after I bought them. I won't know what to do without those boxes sitting in my mudroom .
Old 11-15-2009, 01:47 PM
Instructor

just wondering anyone around 29907 zip.
i'm in beaufort, s.c. area and really haven't seen modded TL's around. not much interest here i suppose. my whip is 06 MT NBP TL
Old 03-16-2010, 09:49 AM
Intermediate

Bump. Anything going on in the good ol SC?
Old 03-20-2010, 06:25 PM
Senior Airman

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Charleston, SC........... 2001 CL-S
Old 03-24-2010, 12:42 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

How about a Charleston meet? The weather's perfect. There are three or four Charleston-area guys on here...set something up
Old 03-24-2010, 09:52 PM
Pro

How about a Charleston meet? The weather's perfect. There are three or four Charleston-area guys on here...set something up
Sounds like a plan, maybe we can stop at the dyno shop there and check on my car.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:07 AM
PCM full of water, yummy

Let me know when.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:51 AM
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
JD/Charleston/02 WDP TL-S

would really like to get something together for anyone around here. only seen a couple of modded TL's around!
Old 09-23-2010, 09:59 PM
Under construction

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts
Anyone in Columbia SC? I visit my girl pretty often at USC and wouldn't mind seeing some rides.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:56 PM
Your mom is in

Originally Posted by alexSU
Anyone in Columbia SC? I visit my girl pretty often at USC and wouldn't mind seeing some rides.
Yup, I live in Cola, I go to USC.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:19 AM
Under construction

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts
Yup, I live in Cola, I go to USC.
Cool bro. She lives at the woodland apartments off shop rd, thats usually where I'm at. You know of any other members in Columbia?

Btw, any tint laws in SC? I've had cops stare at my tint but never pull me over..I'm not complaining just sayin. I have 35 on the windshield and 15 all around.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:01 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

SC has tint laws, but I'm not sure of the percentages. That said, your car is registered in NC; SC laws like tint do not apply.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:50 AM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Cool bro. She lives at the woodland apartments off shop rd, thats usually where I'm at. You know of any other members in Columbia?

Btw, any tint laws in SC? I've had cops stare at my tint but never pull me over..I'm not complaining just sayin. I have 35 on the windshield and 15 all around.
tint laws for sc are 27%. i run 5% with 35% on the windshield and have never had a problem. im in the greenville area and ready to meet whenever
Old 10-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Your mom is in

I live in downtown, I know where the woodlands are at. I don't know of any members in Columbia.

27% I believe, but to be honest with you...cops don't ever say anything about it in SC...so I wouldn't worry about it all that much. I'm not suggesting you do limo tint either though. Something subtle shouldn't cause any trouble.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:20 PM
Advanced

I live in downtown, I know where the woodlands are at. I don't know of any members in Columbia.
I'm in Cola! Irmo, to be specific. I have an ABP CL-S6.

Do you happen to know (or be) the dude downtown with the black CL, debadged except for the A emblem? I see him quite a bit when I drive around dt, but can never seem to get close enough in traffic to wave or anything.

Don't see many CL's around here, especially not too many that are kept up decently.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:22 PM
Your mom is in

Originally Posted by stickgoat
I'm in Cola! Irmo, to be specific. I have an ABP CL-S6.

Do you happen to know (or be) the dude downtown with the black CL, debadged except for the A emblem? I see him quite a bit when I drive around dt, but can never seem to get close enough in traffic to wave or anything.

Don't see many CL's around here, especially not too many that are kept up decently.
That was me haha. I sold that car, now I have a CLS with a j35 swapped in it, same NBP color, but its got all the badges. Around town you'll see me in a BMW 540i now though. The CL is in Charleston.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:30 PM
Advanced

That was me haha. I sold that car, now I have a CLS with a j35 swapped in it, same NBP color, but its got all the badges. Around town you'll see me in a BMW 540i now though. The CL is in Charleston.
Ahh damn, haha. If you've ever noticed a blonde girl in an ABP CL-S, tis I. Always thought your car looked great (you weren't too bad yourself from what I could see in traffic )

Can't argue with the BMW, nice upgrade.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:19 PM
Pro

I think I ran across vikas around 378. I had an almost dead battery and I was thinking damn his cl is fast. hahaha.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:51 PM
Your mom is in

Originally Posted by CLsuperhero
I think I ran across vikas around 378. I had an almost dead battery and I was thinking damn his cl is fast. hahaha.
hah you should have waved!
Old 02-02-2011, 01:28 AM
Intermediate

Campobello SC here... 3rd Gen TL, under construction in greer
Old 02-04-2011, 03:00 PM
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Any new members from upstate SC yet???

Remember when I first join, there was only a couple of us! Seems to me now that everyone is getting some sort of Acura!

Quick Reply: ** The South Carolina Chat Thread **