fix it ticket question

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 06:21 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fix it ticket question

Don't really know where this belongs but basically I got a fix it ticket for my rear brake light and no license plate. So I got everything corrected, took it to a local sheriff station in walnut since it was on the way back home from work. Told me I could get it all done in one process at the court house. fine. By the time I got there, they were about to close in 10 minutes and since I didn't park in the right area, told me to go away to the CHP. fine. Went to the CHP to get it corrected. Cop came out and checked those two problems. Smooth, or at least I thought so. He told me to start the car. I have greddy evo2's which aren't even that loud and WELL within the decibel limit. Told me to turn it off and said having any exhaust is illegal and my front tint is illegal. (why even ask me to start the car if any exhaust is illegal) Now my front tint is BARELY tinted and I'm pretty sure if an exhaust is over 95 db, then it's illegal. The fact that he said all exhausts are illegal to operate is what threw me off guard. Cop said he won't sign it off unless I want to get another fix it ticket for my tint and exhaust. Told me to come back when I strip my front window tint and exhaust put back to stock.

Now my question is, was he in fact right about the tint and exhaust or was he bull shitting me. I'm pretty confident about the exhaust, not so sure about the tint.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:06 AM
Your Girlfriend is in my

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by mclovintsx
Don't really know where this belongs but basically I got a fix it ticket for my rear brake light and no license plate. So I got everything corrected, took it to a local sheriff station in walnut since it was on the way back home from work. Told me I could get it all done in one process at the court house. fine. By the time I got there, they were about to close in 10 minutes and since I didn't park in the right area, told me to go away to the CHP. fine. Went to the CHP to get it corrected. Cop came out and checked those two problems. Smooth, or at least I thought so. He told me to start the car. I have greddy evo2's which aren't even that loud and WELL within the decibel limit. Told me to turn it off and said having any exhaust is illegal and my front tint is illegal. (why even ask me to start the car if any exhaust is illegal) Now my front tint is BARELY tinted and I'm pretty sure if an exhaust is over 95 db, then it's illegal. The fact that he said all exhausts are illegal to operate is what threw me off guard. Cop said he won't sign it off unless I want to get another fix it ticket for my tint and exhaust. Told me to come back when I strip my front window tint and exhaust put back to stock.

Now my question is, was he in fact right about the tint and exhaust or was he bull shitting me. I'm pretty confident about the exhaust, not so sure about the tint.
Front tint is illegal, doesn't matter what shade (Atleast here in SoCal) As long as its just your back 3 windows, its fine, but fronts are no no.

For exhaust, I've heard stories that if you have receipts and proof that states that it is well within limits and is made for your car, he shouldn't give you a problem. Of course in general rule, anything that modded is practically illegal (From what I heard. Lol Even changing rims.)

Just my 2 cents.

- RemieGino14 -
Old 09-17-2011, 09:17 PM
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts
If you google (tint laws), it will tell u what % tint is legal in your state. Dnt know about about your exhaust. Good luck.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:19 AM

Received 1,021 Likes on 793 Posts
honestly.. cops dont really give a shit if its within decibels..

to them, modified is modified.. if it looks aftermarket, and sounds loud, they wont let you get away with it..

your better off just paying the ticket instead of getting it all corrected.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:25 PM
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 116 Posts
just go to a different chp office or sheriffs office that guy was just being a cock!
Old 09-18-2011, 03:43 PM
この道は毛むくじゃらのマンコだらけ..

Received 219 Likes on 118 Posts
First, Remie you're stupid... at least you got your tint law kind of correct. It applies to all of California.

Originally Posted by murph145
just go to a different chp office or sheriffs office that guy was just being a cock!
^

If I recall right, give Greddy a call. I think you can get paperwork from Greddy showing that your exhaust is well within the legal sound limits.

I'd go somewhere else too. The cop that gave me my front plate ticket said I can go to any police officer I see on the street and show them to get it signed off too.... if you don't want to go to the police station. Just make sure the cop isn't too busy and be polite. Make sure you roll down your all your windows though haha.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:46 PM
Your Girlfriend is in my

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by onebadna1nsx
First, Remie you're stupid... at least you got your tint law kind of correct. It applies to all of California.
Geez I was just trying to help.

- RemieGino14 -
Old 09-18-2011, 10:35 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by onebadna1nsx

^

If I recall right, give Greddy a call. I think you can get paperwork from Greddy showing that your exhaust is well within the legal sound limits.

I'd go somewhere else too. The cop that gave me my front plate ticket said I can go to any police officer I see on the street and show them to get it signed off too.... if you don't want to go to the police station. Just make sure the cop isn't too busy and be polite. Make sure you roll down your all your windows though haha.
Yeah, I was planning to just look for a random cop on patrol! haha Or just show up to a station with somebody and have them sit in the car with the windows rolled down and park backwards and try to have my exhaust get covered by the curb... Wasted so much gas driving around from city to city.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:35 PM
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
the front windows you can only have 70% tint. For the cop I would just go to a police station if you ticketed is marked non-correctable than you have to go to the CHP and try to prove that your exhaust is under the decibel
Old 09-19-2011, 12:45 AM
Safety Car

Received 295 Likes on 175 Posts
So if I can't afford a stock muffler and brought a Midas muffler..is that still consider an illegal muffler then?
Old 09-19-2011, 12:47 AM
Safety Car

Received 295 Likes on 175 Posts
Go to the CHP station near Cal State LA.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:24 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by silvertl510
the front windows you can only have 70% tint. For the cop I would just go to a police station if you ticketed is marked non-correctable than you have to go to the CHP and try to prove that your exhaust is under the decibel
I've been hearing no tint, 88% tint, and now 70% tint lol I only got a ticket for no front license plate and rear brake light went out. He was about to write another for illegal tint and exhaust but told me to fix it instead of giving me another one.. My tint is REALLY light (not even kidding) and my exhaust is quiet as hell. I wanted to dispute him so badly... Wasted 3 hours for this shit, and I really wanted to get it done all in 1 day to only be stopped by this guy. I mean I fixed all the shit I was written up for. Just sign it off... To test it, it'll be at least 100 bucks which I'm not willing to do. Honestly, I think he just didn't want to do it and gave me this extra bs to do. I'll see if I can call greddy to send me some documents to prove that it's within decibel limit so I won't have to go through the testing bs and police bs.

Last edited by mclovintsx; 09-19-2011 at 01:28 AM.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:08 AM
Racer

well I just looked this up on the chp website:

http://www.chp.ca.gov/html/answers.html

It states the front can't receive any tinting....
Old 09-19-2011, 02:26 AM
Racer

Actually, I'm not so sure now... There are both info for 70% tint and no tint. The hell is going on
Old 09-19-2011, 02:38 AM
Feenin on some 20's

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
I took my shit to court for the exhaust and the judge still said NO... It's useless.

Since then, i've taken all mods off except exterior mods.. Done dealing with the dumbass cops and judges that can't read.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:40 AM
この道は毛むくじゃらのマンコだらけ..

Our windows come with a light green "uv" tint already. From what I recall, that's pretty much the legal limit. In more specific words, the front windows can only be tinted by the manufacturer, pretty much no aftermarket tinting on the front windows is allowed unless you spend $600+.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:43 AM
この道は毛むくじゃらのマンコだらけ..

Originally Posted by ILLustriousUA6
I took my shit to court for the exhaust and the judge still said NO... It's useless.

Since then, i've taken all mods off except exterior mods.. Done dealing with the dumbass cops and judges that can't read.
You back in Socal yet Donald?

Lol, I got a ticket for only front plate. Riding it out for another month and a half, can't get cited again since it'd be double jeopardy
Old 09-20-2011, 01:04 PM
Feenin on some 20's

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
^^ yep! Just came back last night.. so fkin exhausted...

you ready for the new quarter?
Old 09-21-2011, 01:59 AM
tLnSx

Originally Posted by murph145
ditto. don't waste your time just go to another office.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:40 AM
この道は毛むくじゃらのマンコだらけ..

Originally Posted by ILLustriousUA6
^^ yep! Just came back last night.. so fkin exhausted...

you ready for the new quarter?
Hahaha damn welcome back bro! Not really ready for the quarter, car's acting up now..... I should be back tomorrow, i'll give ya a ring.