Part Fits (you may select multiples):

Location (State/Prov/Terr):

Item Condition:

CLOSED: 2003 Acura CL Type-S (6-speed)

Old 05-19-2017, 08:12 AM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Oldsman71
If you eventually broaden your horizons, and could tolerate red, talk to me.
I doubt that there is a nicer 03 6spd in the country than the one Oldsman has restored.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:03 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

There is a really clean (seemingly), 2 owner, silver one on auto trader for $6500. It has 107k. Its in southern California. I would post the link if I knew how, but I don't.

You do need to realize that you are looking for a 14-15 year old car, that was fairly limited in production, and susceptible to being abused. To find one with low miles, all of its original sheet metal, in pristine condition, and in a specific color/interior combo, is a tall order to fill. I would guess that there are probably only 100-150 cars at most left in the entire world that fit all of your requirements. 5 years ago I decided I wanted one of these cars-in blue. Every blue car I found either had too many miles or had been abused. Tried to buy a gray one out in California, and the guy flaked out. Thought I had two different silver ones and one guy decided to keep his, and the other guy never got back to me when he said he would. I ended up with a red one from Florida (Originally a Texas car). I took 6 months to get all that done, and 5 years ago these cars were much more plentiful than they are now. Good luck.
This sums it up.
Old 05-19-2017, 08:16 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jkmccarthy
Very occasionally I'll revisit this thread to see how Drew's WTB search is coming along. But with all due respect, I'm afraid I must take issue with this (perhaps unintentionally) skewed characterization of our private correspondence back in March:

...specifically with regard to "...he ended up revealing..."

The fact that I'd damaged the front by rear-ending another car (not having quite enough braking distance after momentarily taking my eyes off the road) was in fact information I volunteered in the VERY FIRST paragraph of my VERY FIRST direct e-mail reply to Drew's inquiry ... not at all something that "ended-up" being "revealed" after "extensive" communication. The truth is that nearly all of our extensive communication carried on for over a week after the 2007 accident history was already known to him. ((It was not a terribly serious accident -- airbags did not deploy -- and the front bumper + one headlight + front hood + radiator [or radiator hose] + etc. was all repaired at a AAA-certified body shop, covered by my insurance, and afterwards -- and over the 9+ years since then -- I never perceived any indication of poorer steering, handling, or cornering compared to before the accident. So to me it seems like ancient history and a complete non-issue. Drew was/is more than welcome to come test drive it himself, and if still in doubt have his mechanic put it on a lift to inspect carefully the condition of the front end, if so desired --- after the damage was professionally repaired in late 2007, I had the Acura dealership in Santa Monica do this for me, and their mechanic gave it a clean bill of health ...)).

The saga that has resulted in there being a slight color mismatch -- most notably between the driver's door and the rear quarter panel behind it -- is all openly explained in full here:

https://acurazine.com/forums/second-.../#post15993960

(in fact I created that early-April post largely by copy+pasting from e-mails I'd sent to Drew the previous month). Earlier in that seeking advice thread, most AZ respondents didn't think it was necessary (or a wise use of money) to spend as much as I ultimately did on the exterior paint prior to putting the car up for sale. If the now much more minor imperfections remaining are still bothersome to a buyer, the car can certainly be taken back to the shop that recently did the great prep and painting work for me, so they can do likewise to any additional panel(s) for the buyer. Cosmetically-speaking, the car's exterior looks tremendously better now than it did back in February (imho), and Drew himself described the car as "beautiful" in his very first message to me.... (Granted if I were considering buying this car, my own "perfectionist" -leaning character flaw would also find the driver's door to rear-quarter panel slight color mismatch a bit bothersome, so having just the driver's door repainted at a cost of $400 might be "necessary" [sic] to keep it from unduly subtracting (inside my head) from the car's pretty nice appearance overall. Hi-Def photos are here https://acurazine.com/g/album/7144644 for anyone wanting to judge for themselves -- everyone is entitled to their own opinion about what's acceptable or unacceptable as far as cosmetic appearance is concerned, but let's agree Drew's WTB thread here is not the best place to have that debate .... if you absolutely must express an opinion, I'd be happy to receive it by PM or or you may reply to my clear-coat-failure thread at the top link in this post -- thanks ! ).

Apologies for taking up bandwidth here, but since the car is still for sale, I felt it was necessary to clarify and set the record straight in this thread, just so anyone else who might be looking doesn't go away with the false impression that I'd tried to conceal anything whatsoever from Drew, or for that matter from anyone else who has inquired about the car.

Peace,

-- Jim
You were correct in assuming the possibility that my skewed characterization of our dialogue was unintentional...so many people have shown me your car, that I've been getting lazier in telling them I'd already seen and lost interest in it.

I deleted the pm, but I actually spoke highly of you the first time someone mentioned your car ( I actually assumed it was in this thread, but apparently I'm mistaken as I cannot find it here). I said that you were/are a very upfront seller and honestly the ideal person I'd prefer to buy a cl-s from. I just couldn't get over it having been in an accident, nor could I justify spending good money on a car with *slightly* mismatched paint. As we both agreed, to a perfectionist, slightly mismatched is unacceptable.

Anyway, I think another reason I subconciously skewed our dialogue is that, I'd always wished you'd have listed the accident in the sales ad once you told me of it. I probably wouldn't have even contacted you had I known beforehand.

.but no, Jim did not try to conceal literally anything at all...he goes so far in the effort of being upfront to mention small faults with the car, like the clock backlighting being 'out' or the CD player occasionally getting greedy with your discs and not wanting to return them to you. Lol.

So in summary, I'm sure it's a great car, but it's just not the one for me...I've saved up good money in the time since we talked to where I can now afford a MINT condition car with LOW miles, should it ever pop up and I'd prefer to wait for the ideal unicorn..no matter how long it may take...
Old 05-19-2017, 08:18 PM
Intermediate

If you eventually broaden your horizons, and could tolerate red, talk to me.
I can't man, I already owned a red camaro SS and even that was a compromise as I truly wanted black...im not going to compromise this time around. Thank you anyway.
Old 05-20-2017, 06:19 AM
Racer

Received 103 Likes on 64 Posts
I understand. You will have to be very patient to find the car you want. A very time consuming way to maybe locate a car would be to go to Craigslist sites in bigger cities and run a search. That is how I found mine. I would stick to the west and southern areas of the US. It seems people from the northeast an upper midwest are starting to have rust issues on these cars. Also it seems that the clearcoat breaks down on these cars no matter how well car was cared for. A high quality exterior repaint ran me $5k plus all the new parts I replaced. You might keep this in mind if you find one that hasn't been wrecked, but has some paint issues.
Old 05-20-2017, 07:10 PM
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
'03CLS6 and others may already know this, but: SearchTempest: Search all of Craigslist nationwide & more is a web site that will let you search Craigslist ads within a given distance from you, or within "any" distance (no limit). I'd recommend trying both of the options to "stay on SearchTempest" and to run your search on "autotempest" instead, and see which version you prefer and/or gives you better results.

-- Jim
Old 05-31-2017, 08:20 PM
Race Director

Received 3,262 Likes on 2,026 Posts
Have you seen this? Posted 2 days ago.

https://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/6153290291.html
Old 06-19-2017, 05:50 PM
Race Director

Don't know if you're still looking, but saw this on local CL (posted 2 days ago):

RARE 6 Speed Manual 2003 Acura 3.2CL Type-S - $4995 (North Potomac)

Old 06-19-2017, 06:10 PM
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
How about this one? Black on Black, 77k miles, SF Bay area, 6 speed

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/6174218600.html
Old 06-19-2017, 06:15 PM
Instructor

The link to the car that I just posted has to be the ONE. It may even be a relisting of the one that you previously thought that you may have missed an opportunity to buy in Cali.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:53 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by nanxun
Don't know if you're still looking, but saw this on local CL (posted 2 days ago):

RARE 6 Speed Manual 2003 Acura 3.2CL Type-S - $4995 (North Potomac)

I didn't, but thank you.

Originally Posted by sweeT n Lo
How about this one? Black on Black, 77k miles, SF Bay area, 6 speed

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/6174218600.html
Originally Posted by sweeT n Lo
The link to the car that I just posted has to be the ONE. It may even be a relisting of the one that you previously thought that you may have missed an opportunity to buy in Cali.
IT IS! I'm stoked..this is the guy that beat me to the stealership that wouldn't post pictures of it and now he's selling it...i hit him up less than 3 hours after he posted it on Craigslist and he is respecting that I was the first to contact him, so as of right now...its mine. Should be flying upstate next weekend if everything goes as planned...fingers crossed! Thing looks MINT..she just needs tinted windows, the type-s spoiler and maybe a slight drop and I'll be a happy man 😎😎😎
Old 06-20-2017, 05:07 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by '03CLS6
IT IS! I'm stoked..this is the guy that beat me to the stealership that wouldn't post pictures of it and now he's selling it...i hit him up less than 3 hours after he posted it on Craigslist and he is respecting that I was the first to contact him, so as of right now...its mine. Should be flying upstate next weekend if everything goes as planned...fingers crossed! Thing looks MINT..she just needs tinted windows, the type-s spoiler and maybe a slight drop and I'll be a happy man 😎😎😎
I was thinking that it may have been the same car. It looks really clean. Let us know if works out for you. Good luck!
Old 06-20-2017, 05:11 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by '03CLS6
I didn't, but thank you.

Congrats on finding your unicorn! Looking forward to hearing about/seeing more of it here on AZ!
Old 06-21-2017, 01:29 AM
robstltype-s

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine is up for sale. There are not many cleaner out there and all the service has been done. Beige interior though. Hood and roof will need a repaint to be perfect as there are two spots where sap has worn the paint.
Old 07-16-2017, 01:39 PM
Intermediate

1 week

Less than 1 week until she's mine! Ill update this once she's home and of course post up pictures!
Old 07-16-2017, 01:43 PM
Race Director