Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Location (State/Prov):

FAQ for the Black Market Forum, Important Paypal Disclosure, AND How To Post Pictures

Old 07-22-2005, 08:53 AM
Administrator

Received 1,001 Likes on 572 Posts
FAQ for the Black Market Forum, Important Paypal Disclosure, AND How To Post Pictures

Category: Accessories
Price: $100
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Location (State/Prov/Terr): AL
Item Condition: Brand New

Thread editing information revised 11Dec15

PAYPAL GIFT PAYMENTS

Note: I put this at the top of the page because of the importance I attach to the information provided.

Recently and of course in the past there have been some sale issues in our Market place with regards to members being asked to Gift payments via Paypal for purchased items. I must urge all of you to NOT use the Gift option in Paypal for payment of either Items or Services rendered.

Paypal will NOT offer protection against scamming or fraud if a payment is made using the Gift option. Please remember that using the Acurazine Marketplace is done at the risk of the members. We will not take responsibility as an entity for sales/trades gone wrong.

Using Paypal as a method of payment offers you the FINANCIAL security that Acurazine cannot. If you use the Gift option to pay for items/services then you are removing your own personal security net against scammers. Do not let users persuade you to Gift a payment. If they are unwilling to accept the charges Paypal imposes, that is their luck out, not yours !

While we do our best to make sure Acurazine has a safe Marketplace, there is only so much we can do to protect you. So please always take that step to further protect yourself by using Paypal and NOT using the Gift option. Remember this is the internet, it is not a secure environment.

HOW TO POST PICTURES

Since the vbulletin upgrade, we now have the ability to host our own pictures. This is the easiest way to load pictures so they can be posted here. The following information is taken from this thread which also has a whole lot of other good information pertaining to your account. If you need to change the size of a picture, see the paragraph in bold print just below the quoted portion.

Effective June 2011, the Attachment feature has been enabled. You can use this to upload photos from your files without having to add them to your photo album or get a host.

Click on the "Go Advanced" button to get to the fully featured reply option.

To add a new attachment: Scroll down to "Attach Files" and then click on "Manage Attachments". Click on Browse, Select your file, and Upload and your file will be uploaded.

To add an existing attachment to your post: Go to the paper clip icon above the section where your message is posted. Click on it and your attachments will be listed. Select the ones you want, then submit your post.

If you want to upload your pictures somewhere else, first get a picture host, like Imageshack

REUSING/DELETING ATTACHMENTS

Click on "Settings" at the left side of the banner in the forums, then go to "Miscellaneous", click on "Attachments" to open, then delete the attachments you want to use again.

If you have attachments you no longer need, or if they were posted in a thead that is closed and the attachments were not removed and you want to use them again, you will have to delete them so you can post them in a new post or thread.

UPLOADING AN AVATAR

To load an avatar, click on "Settings" at the top of the page, then click on "Edit Avatar" in the left hand column.

The maximum size for an avatar picture is 175X175 pixels or 300kb. Select an appropriate picture, upload it to a host (I am pretty sure you cannot use an attachment picture in an avatar, but if anyone has done it please let me know) or save it in your computer.

Select "Use Custom Avatar".

Select Option 1, copy the URL (without the IMG tags), paste it to the appropriate box.

Or, Select Option 2, and you can use a picture from your computer.

If you want to upload your pictures somewhere else, first get a picture host, like Imageshack

HOW TO REDUCE THE SIZE OF THE PICTURE

If the pictures are too big, open Paint (to open paint, right click on the image or the shortcut icon, click on open with, then click on Paint), click on Image, then click on Stretch/Skew, and reduce both dimensions by the same amount. I usually use 50%, but it depends on how big your picture is, and you can experiment with this a little.

The best size is 800x600 (width X height). If yours is larger, divide 800 by the width of your picture. (Example: my camera takes pictures 2272X1704, so divide 800 by 2272, which gives you 35%.) Enter 35% in both boxes in Stretch/Skew, and your picture should be approximately 800X600. Do not use decimal points when entering the results, just the whole number.

Then upload your pictures to the host.

When you have posted them to the host, copy the IMG location and paste it into your post.

For more information on hosting pictures, check out this thread in the 3G Photo Gallery. If you have any questions, post them there.

Also, you can copy pictures from other links and put them in your thread.

1. Go to the "Advanced Reply" format
2. Right click on the picture you have selected
3. Left click on "Copy Image location"
4. Select the square yellow picture icon above the posting box
5. Paste the link into the box
6. Click OK
7. Click on "Preview Changes" to see how it came out
8. If it isn't right, try again.
9. If it is, Save Changes

If you find anything that I can put in this post that will make it easier for others to understand how to post a picture, send me a PM.

FAQ FOR POSTING IN THE BLACK MARKET FORUM

Here's a bunch of stuff to help new members, or even older members who haven't ever posted anything in the Black Market Forum, or haven't posted in a long time, or haven't read, or have forgotten the rules.

HOW TO FIND YOUR THREADS

1. To find your threads, click on your user name, which can be found in several places.

.....a. .. On the first forum page, where all the threads are listed, scroll down to the bottom to where it says "Currently Active Users". Yours will be the first name displayed.

.....b. .. If you are viewing anything you posted, your user name is in the top left corner of the post.

.....c. .. When you click on your user name, your profile will appear. Then, click on "Find all threads started by xxxxx". If this is not displayed, click on "Statistics" first. A list of all threads you have started will be shown.

EDITING YOUR THREADS

2. You can only edit a thread, or a post, for fifteen minutes after you post it. After that, if you have any changes to make, you will have to submit a new post in your thread with the updated information. If you want to close your thread because it is sold or no longer needed, please post the reason for closing, such as sold or no longer needed. If you have something personal, or extremely important, to change, send a PM to one of the moderators listed at the bottom of any Black Market Forum. Please keep these at a minimum.

Generic editing information (Some of the above information may be repeated but this is a concise compilation):

You are able to edit your post for 15 minutes after the post was submitted.

After that, please post all replies, price updates, changes, pictures, sold or request to close, etc. in the thread, and if the information justifies an update I will take the necessary action.

Please do not send a PM unless you think I missed something, or it is of a personal nature. Also, do not submit a Bad Post Report.

SOLD ITEMS: Sorry, I don't mark individual items as sold, or remove them, or that they are no longer needed, or remove pictures, due to the workload. If I do it for one person I would have to do it for everyone.

Your post that it is sold, or no longer needed, will serve to inform people that it's no longer available or wanted.

When all items are sold, or if there was only one item listed and it is sold, I will close the thread and change the prefix to "sold".

THE RULES

3. Please read THE BLACK MARKET RULES. This will save you from making some of the more obvious mistakes, which are:

.....a. .. Not posting a price for each item listed for sale. Rule #2.

.....b. .. Bumping too soon. A bump is a post to move your thread back up to the top of the page. It should only be done if there has been no post made on the day you want to bump. This means that if any post says "Today" in the upper left corner of the post, you cannot bump. Of course,if you have updated information, like a price change or a reply to a question, you can post that anytime. Rule #8.

.....c. .. Do not create a new thread if you already have a thread posted for the same item and it is still an active, open thread. Rule #12. If you can't find your thread, see paragraph 1 above.

.....d. .. Rule #3 has been changed. Members are now permitted to post a link to their ebay sale in their Black Market thread for the same item(s). If you put your item on ebay after the thread has been posted, you may add the link or mention that it is now on ebay.

If anyone has any suggestions, or comments about this post, please send me a PM.