Location (State/Prov):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits (you may select multiples):

Location (State/Prov/Terr):

Item Condition:

CLOSED: 2004 Acura TSX 6MT Manual! for sale 217K highway & garage queen. Full service history

Old 12-07-2017, 05:22 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 Acura TSX 6MT Manual! for sale 217K highway & garage queen. Full service history

Year: 2004
Make: Acura
Model: TSX
Price: $3450
Mileage: 217000
Color: silver
Location (State/Prov): NH

1. Price: $3450
2. Mileage: 217000
3. Color: Silver/6MT standard transmission bliss
4. Reason for selling: a motorcycle broke my left ankle
5. Location: "South Central" NH 30 min. north of Boston - no traffic
6. Pictures: don't have many.
7. Are you the first owner? 3rd
8a. Title is clean/clear/rebuilt/salvage/if other, explain further (select one): Clean Title, title on hand. No lease / lein. Owned outright.
11. Service record: Complete service history in a folder. Very thick. Since 55,000 miles myself and friend I bought it from wrote down every fill up, mileage, date, location, and fuel type. Almost alway 93 octane fuel

This car is located 35 miles north of Boston as a geo reference.

It pains me to sell this car. Literally and figuratively. While recuperating I've held the car - even though I had to buy a Auto Trans car, I was secretly hoping to go back to driving this car as my d.d.
I sustained a motorcycle crash earlier this year and needed surgery - on my LEFT ankle
That meant at least 6+ months of not being able to drive a standard transnmission or maybe a year.

So I had to join the sheep and get a slushbox (AT) car for the first time.

It's all stock. It does have a K & N cool / cold air intake CAI in it at moment, but I have the stock airbox and filter. (The CAI does sound fantastic I will say)
Heated seats. HID factory headlights work fantastic. Black leather. Leather wheel. Stock spoked 17" alloys. Power moonroof. Premium 6 CD dash audio. Etc...

I'm starting to list in on craigslist locally soon. Price is firm.
The body is in about flawless shape for it's age. It's never been in one accident. My best friend since 1st grade bought the car at 55K. In fact, I drove it up to him from Pennsylvania when he bought it and started to fall in love with the driving experience that only a 6 speed manual TSX can provide!

55K to 200K were put on this car by friend commuting small town near Concord to Hanover 5x / week up route 89. All highway miles. All cruising at 70-75mph.

It currently has an oil leak that I am finally physically able to start working on. I believe it's a front main seal that I will be replacing (have new seal on hand).
I have a full file folder of all the maintenance and repairs done to this car and I think I have the original sale document but I can check that.
I also have a full . XLS spreadsheet of all this data - I could email that if that's of interest.

Sad to see it go. Wanting it to go to someone who can enjoy it! I stayed in the Honda family and got an AT Accord Coupe.

Things to note:
Last I knew the A/C was not blowing cold air. All other temp controls work. I think it may be electrical I just hadn't had the time to look into it, and the injury kept me from working on cars a solid 3 months. The compressor is not seized. My friend said it's likely a tube that has a leak in it. It either happened before for him or his repair place said that was a common fault.
The car did throw a CEL code# P0420. If you're gonna throw a CEL, this isn't always the most desirable one to have. That's the post cat Oxygen sensor.
However, as noted here in certain posts, the car had a few intermittent cylinder #3 misfires and then was fine. A misfire will throw that code.
I replaced the #3 coil with a brand new Acura OEM ignition coil from the dealer and the car was running great. (And then snap goes the ankle, grr).
The clutch is still strong (which is a testament to Honda quality and my friend's driving ability and hwy mileage), although sometimes on a cold day the throwout bearing will make a little squeal. I recorded the sound and could post it if that's of interest. My plan had been to simply replace the throwout bearing when I replaced the clutch. It doesn't affect the driving of the car or the shifting.
There is no rust on the body panels. There is a tiny rock chip at the front of car where that dime sized spot does have a tiny rust spot forming.
The second owner is the finest car driver I know (I am not friends w pro race car drivers). He and I used to constantly drive everything in our site since high school. We are both car enthusiasts and love a well engineered and sporty feeling car (hello TSX!)

PM me or post here if interested. I'm happy to discuss the car's history etc...
Unfortunately the only pic I have of the car was during a winter road trip to Virginia and it's here caked in salt on this trip :/
Attached Thumbnails 2004 Acura TSX 6MT Manual! for sale 217K highway & garage queen. Full service history-mytsx_dsc_0009.jpg  

Last edited by GreenMM; 12-07-2017 at 05:31 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:03 PM
Advanced

Ok, thanks. I will try to get over there and take better pics.
My plan was to solve the oil leak and then put the battery back in and start it, drive it outside and photo it.

The interior is in very good shape.
Old 12-20-2017, 05:03 PM
Advanced

GOSH, these pictures are horrible. I pulled the battery as the weather has been super cold here. The hood is ajar because I did not fully close it after I pulled the battery.
It's in the middle of my garage and doesn't present well. I'm going to put the battery back in, start it and park it outside so I can get better pictures of it next.
Sorry for the crappy quality. More to come.

Old 12-20-2017, 05:06 PM
Advanced

(face to palm... The rear driver side wheel has the space saver spare on. The wheel and tire is fine, I just had to borrow it temporarily when my replacement Automatic Transmission Accord had a run flat blow out before I could get it replaced. Actually - you can see the Accord wheel in one of the pics as well.)

I broke my ankle end of April and this car immediately ceased to be my daily driver then - this was forced upon me. So I haven't driven it since.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:14 PM
Advanced

I finally drove the car today for the first time since April and my ankle fracture. The car is amazing, super strong, and body and interior are close to flawless.
Finally got some shots of it outside. I used my scan tool too, today, no codes stored in memory, and no CEL.
Attached Thumbnails 2004 Acura TSX 6MT Manual! for sale 217K highway & garage queen. Full service history-img_0009-2004-acura-tsx-sale-copy.jpg   2004 Acura TSX 6MT Manual! for sale 217K highway & garage queen. Full service history-img_0010-2004-acura-tsx-sale-copy.jpg   2004 Acura TSX 6MT Manual! for sale 217K highway & garage queen. Full service history-img_0016-2004-acura-tsx-sale-copy.jpg   2004 Acura TSX 6MT Manual! for sale 217K highway & garage queen. Full service history-img_0024-2004-acura-tsx-sale-copy.jpg   2004 Acura TSX 6MT Manual! for sale 217K highway & garage queen. Full service history-img_0029-2004-acura-tsx-sale-copy.jpg  

2004 Acura TSX 6MT Manual! for sale 217K highway & garage queen. Full service history-img_0033-2004-acura-tsx-sale-copy.jpg   2004 Acura TSX 6MT Manual! for sale 217K highway & garage queen. Full service history-img_0036-2004-acura-tsx-sale-copy.jpg   2004 Acura TSX 6MT Manual! for sale 217K highway & garage queen. Full service history-img_0037-2004-acura-tsx-sale-copy.jpg   2004 Acura TSX 6MT Manual! for sale 217K highway & garage queen. Full service history-img_0040-2004-acura-tsx-sale-copy.jpg   2004 Acura TSX 6MT Manual! for sale 217K highway & garage queen. Full service history-img_0044-2004-acura-tsx-sale-copy.jpg  

Old 01-13-2018, 08:17 PM
Advanced

More pics. IGNORE the drive rear spacer saver spare tire!! Or rather know that it was on there temporarily as I borrowed the wheel for my Accord Coupe blowout. I have the original TSX rim that matches with a good tread tire for that wheel!
Attached Thumbnails 2004 Acura TSX 6MT Manual! for sale 217K highway & garage queen. Full service history-img_0046-2004-acura-tsx-sale-copy.jpg   2004 Acura TSX 6MT Manual! for sale 217K highway & garage queen. Full service history-img_0048-2004-acura-tsx-sale-copy.jpg   2004 Acura TSX 6MT Manual! for sale 217K highway & garage queen. Full service history-img_0050-2004-acura-tsx-sale-copy.jpg   2004 Acura TSX 6MT Manual! for sale 217K highway & garage queen. Full service history-img_0051-2004-acura-tsx-sale-copy.jpg   2004 Acura TSX 6MT Manual! for sale 217K highway & garage queen. Full service history-img_0053-2004-acura-tsx-sale-copy.jpg  

2004 Acura TSX 6MT Manual! for sale 217K highway & garage queen. Full service history-img_0057-2004-acura-tsx-sale-copy.jpg   2004 Acura TSX 6MT Manual! for sale 217K highway & garage queen. Full service history-img_0066-2004-acura-tsx-sale-copy.jpg   2004 Acura TSX 6MT Manual! for sale 217K highway & garage queen. Full service history-img_0068-2004-acura-tsx-sale-copy.jpg   2004 Acura TSX 6MT Manual! for sale 217K highway & garage queen. Full service history-img_0070-2004-acura-tsx-sale-copy.jpg   2004 Acura TSX 6MT Manual! for sale 217K highway & garage queen. Full service history-img_0069-2004-acura-tsx-sale-copy.jpg  

Old 01-13-2018, 08:18 PM
Advanced

More pics:
Attached Thumbnails 2004 Acura TSX 6MT Manual! for sale 217K highway & garage queen. Full service history-img_0072-2004-acura-tsx-sale-copy.jpg   2004 Acura TSX 6MT Manual! for sale 217K highway & garage queen. Full service history-img_0073-2004-acura-tsx-sale-copy.jpg   2004 Acura TSX 6MT Manual! for sale 217K highway & garage queen. Full service history-img_0075-2004-acura-tsx-sale-copy.jpg   2004 Acura TSX 6MT Manual! for sale 217K highway & garage queen. Full service history-img_0078-2004-acura-tsx-sale-copy.jpg   2004 Acura TSX 6MT Manual! for sale 217K highway & garage queen. Full service history-img_0082-2004-acura-tsx-sale-copy.jpg  

2004 Acura TSX 6MT Manual! for sale 217K highway & garage queen. Full service history-img_0085-2004-acura-tsx-sale-copy.jpg   2004 Acura TSX 6MT Manual! for sale 217K highway & garage queen. Full service history-img_0087-2004-acura-tsx-sale-no-codes.jpg  
Old 01-13-2018, 10:08 PM
Advanced

Also, car is dirty and needs to be washed. Apologies.
Unfortunately it's 5+ miles to nearest car wash and car is un-plated, not insured anymore and transferred the registration to my Accord last June.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:23 AM
Advanced

Comes with two original Acura full control FOB electronic keys, and one original Acura valet key!
Complete owners manual and all warranty cars etc, every piece of paperwork that comes with the car brand new from factory.

Alloy wheel choice:
Again, all four TSX rims and tires are included (unless you prefer 2011 Honda Accord Coupe wheels as seen in the attached pic). This pic shows my automatic car with the borrowed TSX wheel.
And if preferred I can change over the center caps so the 'A' Acura log and 'H' Honda logo change wheels.
Attached Thumbnails 2004 Acura TSX 6MT Manual! for sale 217K highway & garage queen. Full service history-coupe-side-profile-acura-tsx-wheel-img_9255.jpg  
Old 01-19-2018, 10:12 AM
Advanced

Bump. Still for sale. Had an Acura tech very interested and flaked.
I am listing this on driveaccord.net next as well.
This is the current 4th TSX wheel and tire as mounted on my Accord currently.
Again, I am perfectly happy supplying the TSX with either (4) 2011 Accord 17" OEM alloy wheels OR the (4) TSX 17" OEM alloy wheels.
I have not put a Honda wheel on the TSX for visual comparison. I may do that next.
Attached Thumbnails 2004 Acura TSX 6MT Manual! for sale 217K highway & garage queen. Full service history-tsx-4th-wheel-mounted-accord-sale-dadotnet.jpg  
Old 01-19-2018, 10:29 AM
Latent car nut

Received 2,005 Likes on 1,407 Posts
Good luck selling your car; sorry I'm not interested, it would be a nice pickup.

I'm writing because back in 2003 I broke my right leg over in Windham (probably not far from you) and spent six months non-weight bearing and another three months in a walking boot. I was fortunate in that my wife was driving our family minivan so I swapped her my 530i 5-Speed, slung my casted leg into the passenger footwell and drove that sucker for the duration.

My break was bad enough the surgeon who screwed me back together told me I'd never run again and I'd walk with a limp for the rest of my life. Yeah, about that. In 2009 I discovered jogging on the dirt rail trails in our area, and gradually loosened and strengthened the ankle to the point were I have since been able to put in at least 700 miles of running per year since then and several of those years were over 2,000 miles. Hang in there, be patient, and keep working; you'll be back to driving a stick in a reasonable time and will be able to look back on this as nothing but a bad dream.
Old 01-19-2018, 11:48 AM
Advanced

Thanks for your note!
I'm very glad to hear you are back and back with a vengeance running, that's really terrific.
My break likely wasn't anywhere near as bad as you. I do self re-hab on it every single day. Typically 2-3 hours every day.
So far I have run up to 1.8 miles as my record. A fair bit of 1.6 miles on a loop by the beach.
I've probably run about 22-25 miles on it altogether so far and 4 surf sessions, only one of which was legit large wave actual surfing.
I know I'm coming back, and was able to easily drive this TSX around town about 8 days ago.
Driving in stop and go rush hour Boston traffic... that would be something else and would p.o. my ankle and me to no end.
THIS, and much less the facts that the replacement car is 7 years newer with about 70K less miles is the only reason I have to chose to sell the TSX.

Wow. 6 months NWB is no joke. I was only about 3 weeks NWB after surgery then PWB (although I put little weight on it due to pain).
Heh, you learned to drive wrong footed... I've done some of that for practice.
I would love some tips on dirt trail running. You're right, I am sure you and I are very close distance wise.
A small world, huh?

It's also sometimes good to hear about people that had it lot worse than I, it makes me feel like I never have a reason to feel sorry for my situation for one second. (My first month was really rough on me. I didn't 'bear it' well).
Old 02-01-2018, 10:11 AM
Advanced

Bump. Car still for sale.
Attached Thumbnails 2004 Acura TSX 6MT Manual! for sale 217K highway & garage queen. Full service history-04-tsx-6mt-sale-dumbass-forum-rule-img_9561.jpg  
Old 05-04-2018, 10:38 AM
Advanced

Car is still for sale. I've never showed it to a single person so far.
Been gone on the road for months with work. No time to work on this car at all
Makes me sad.

ANYWAY - PRICE DROP! $2750.00 is my absolute rock bottom lowest price I will sell this for as is. Otherwise, it will continue to be a garage queen and sit.
It's a gorgeous car, and I'm sad to have to part with it. My horrible stop and go commute after my surgery on my ankle made me get an Automatic Honda Coupe (boo!!!)
Wish I could keep her, but I'd like to have space back in my garage as my '11 Coupe sits outside full time
Old 05-04-2018, 12:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 360 Likes on 319 Posts
Did you take care of the oil leak? Check engine light still of? I would recommend you should post a picture under the hood and the small rust area you had mentioned above.
Old 05-04-2018, 12:52 PM
Advanced

I have not pulled the crank pulley bolt to fix the leak. I literally haven't been home for months now.
Couldn't recall the rust spot... had to search. Oh, so that's just a dime sized rock chip in the paint on the hood. Ridiculous to mention and point out - but that's kind of the point - the body and paint is fantastic.
The CEL is off... but since I haven't driven the car hardly at all I had to remove the battery so it wouldn't drain down sitting for months.
Old 05-04-2018, 04:17 PM
Administrator

Received 1,001 Likes on 572 Posts
Please repost this in the Marketplace.

Since the original forums are no longer visible, no one will see your thread unless they use the New Post option or have it bookmarked or find it in a Google search.