Location (State/Prov):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits (you may select multiples):

Location (State/Prov/Terr):

Item Condition:

SOLD: 2008 TL Type S Black | Ebony/Silver 6MT (NJ)

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 10:53 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 TL Type S Black | Ebony/Silver 6MT (NJ)

Year: 2008
Make: Acura
Model: TL
Price: $10000
Mileage: 153946
Color: Nighthawk Black
Location (State/Prov): NJ

1. Price: $10,000
2. Mileage: 153,946
3. Color, Transmission-auto or manual, Navi: Nighthawk Black, 6MT
4. Reason for selling: Buying a new vehicle
5. Location: (Also, please enter the location of the car in the thread title.) Morris County, New Jersey
6. Pictures: (Links are ok here, but please post actual pictures after item 12 so all the text is in one place and easier to see) https://imgur.com/a/INKSt
7. Are you the first owner? If not, how many owners were there (to the best of your knowledge)? 2nd
8a. Title is clean/clear/rebuilt/salvage/if other, explain further (select one): Clean
8b. Do you have title in hand or it is being held by a lien holder: In Hand
9. VIN (would be nice to have but I can understand that some people do not want to publicly post this): 19UUA75528A026201
10. Modifications: Stock, except for GM Syncromesh Transmission Fluid
11. Service record: Over 53 records at Deniville Acura (recently changed name to Autosport Acura of Denivlle and more at Springfield Acura)
12. If leased, provide details, such as length of lease, payoff amount, etc. n/a

I'm selling my TL. Not interested in trades, cash, check or bank check

Modifications: Stock
Also included in the sale price:
2 sets of keys

I bought the vehicle in 2011, off-lease from the Springfield Acura dealership. In that time, all services have been done at either Springfield Acura or Acura of Denville. The only non-dealer service done was adding/changing the transmission fluid at the service intervals with the suggested GM Syncromesh fluid to avoid any 3rd gear issues (the car never had the issue while I have owned it, but I use this anyway).

The dealerships have the service records and I can most likely get a copy of them all for whoever is interested in buying the car. I will try and list items that I can remember that have been replaced in the last year. All parts are OEM from the dealer (except battery).

Items I can recall within the last year:
New front shocks
New control arms (to replace worn our bushings)
Replaced bluetooth module (common issue)
Replaced both driveshafts
Replaced front sway bar bushings
New Starter
All new Motor Mounts
As a side note, over the course of ownership and driving with potholes, all 4 rims on the car have been replaced with new OEM rims.

There is a lot more, I cannot remember all the small odds and ends and the other work done with all the services. Everything the dealer has recommended when getting the car serviced has been done. Nothing was ever skipped.

Just had the car in for an A1 service and the latest is that the rear brake pads are wearing a bit low. The other item is a leaking o-ring causing a minor oil leak/drip. It was recommended to wait until the next timing belt service as this can be taken care of at the same time.
At this point of time the car is still on the clutch from when I bought it. The majority of the miles on this car are from the highway (drivings from NJ to CT, MA and upstate NY every week). The car has spent most of its life with me in 6th gear.

Overall I would consider the car to be in very good shape, except for the front bumper. Living in NJ with salt trucks, the front bumper is pretty chipped up. I got a quote from an auto repair shop for $500. The damage is all located on the lower bumper only, so only that one piece would have to be repaired.

There is no crack on the dashboard. The passenger seat bottom was replaced due to a rip. Instead of replacing the whole cushion and risking a hide color mismatch I had a shop do an exact color match replacement. The driver side is showing age, but can be done like the other side if the buyer would like the name of the shop. Work was done for ~$250. The only other cosmetic item would be the shift knob is showing wear on the top, dealer quoted $125 for replacement.

The car has been in no accidents that I know of. The only incident I am aware of in my ownership was running over debris from a truck that cracked a rim and bent some of the others more-so than the normal pot-hole damage. This is when I had all the rims replaced and damage assessed by Springfield Acura.

Included with the sale will be all service records from Springfield Acura and Denville Acura (and 1 or 2 service records from an Albany Acura Dealer) from ~26,500 miles to the current mileage. The car was a CPO, so a lot of service tech bulletins and all the recalls were done.

Things wrong with the car:
Cosmetics
The paint. The car would benefit greatly from a detailing and paint correction service. There is a mark on the passenger side door from a parking garage rubbing against something. This should come out with a buffing, just haven’t had time to take it somewhere. To make the outside perfect, the front bumper will need to be repainted.
Driver Rear Seat – Slight mark from when something was laying on it in the heat and left a mark when removed.
Shifter - Signs of wear on the shifter. The shift pattern is peeling off.

Functionality
Small oil drip from o-ring needing replacement. That is it. As mentioned above, anything/everything the dealer has ever mentioned/suggested has been done.
Once in a while, if the car idles too long I will get a check engine light. Reading the code, it is for one of the oxygen sensors. The code goes away once you drive the car normal distances. The dealer suggested not doing anything until the check engine light remains.
One interior light for the heated seat driver switch is out.

For a car this uncommon and 100% stock, I would say the price is fair. This car is for someone who either wants a 100% stock in great condition, or for the person who wants to start with a 100% unmodified car and transform it into whatever they want.

Price is negotiable to within reason. Offers lower with well-defined reasoning and comparisons to other cars will be considered, but after getting the car appraised at Acura and the techs telling me what they currently sell for after the mark-up I think I am in the right ballpark. Maybe high, but who knows? The market and demand set price.

As of right now, on cars.com there are only 2 cars that match this one for sale. 1 in NJ that is for sale at $16,939 with 92,000 miles and one for sale in WA for $12,995 with 144,000 miles.

It would be almost impossible to find a car in this shape with as much documentation behind it. $10,000 OBO.

Thanks!

**Credit to the outline and flow of this posting goes to n30 from when they sold their car on the forums recently.
Old 09-21-2017, 06:30 PM
Intermediate

So, due to a recent test drive and down payment on another car, I am open to lower offers. Looking for a quick sale, send me a message.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:37 PM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Good luck on sale, this will be a quick sale if the right buyer comes along.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:34 AM
Intermediate

Thanks. Before I was in no rush and then went to look at a car and test drove it spur of the moment. It looks like I will be selling it to an Acura dealer for lot less. :\
Old 09-22-2017, 11:42 AM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
They will rape you on acura for pricing or trade, I suggest you put it up on CL and Autotrader or cars.com and you will sell it at a better price.
Old 09-22-2017, 01:48 PM
Intermediate

Car was sold to Denville Acura (Autosport Acura now) in NJ. From talking to them they are looking to sell it for ~7k. If it doesn't sell there it is going to auction. Wish I could have held out longer but lot's of last minute things happened at once and needed the car gone to get another car that I found with a rare combo.
Old 09-22-2017, 01:50 PM
Stay Out Of the Left Lane

Received 1,236 Likes on 1,023 Posts
If you don't mind me asking what was/is the other car you found with "a rare combo?"
Old 09-22-2017, 02:01 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
Originally Posted by DMC12
Car was sold to Denville Acura (Autosport Acura now) in NJ. From talking to them they are looking to sell it for ~7k. If it doesn't sell there it is going to auction. Wish I could have held out longer but lot's of last minute things happened at once and needed the car gone to get another car that I found with a rare combo.
They're going to sell for 7k. Seriously.....

I'm thinking he picked up an Aspec...