Mileage: 136182
Color: Nighthawk Black Pearl
Location (State/Prov): WA

1. Price: $7,700
2. Mileage: 136,182
3. Color, Transmission-auto or manual, Navi: NBP (Black), 6MT, Navi
4. Reason for selling: Too many projects
5. Location: Everett, Washington
6. Pictures: See below. All photos are current from this morning (7/26/16)
7. Are you the first owner? If not, how many owners were there (to the best of your knowledge)? To the best of my knowledge I am 3rd owner
8a. Title is clean/clear/rebuilt/salvage/if other, explain further (select one): Clean
8b. Do you have title in hand or it is being held by a lienholder: Title in hand
9. VIN (would be nice to have but I can understand that some people do not want to publicly post this): Available upon request
10. Modifications: See description below
11. Service record: I have all paperwork from 2008 to current
12. If leased, provide details, such as length of lease, payoff amount, etc. N/A

Modifications:

A-Spec lip kit (please note this is not an A-Spec TL)
Tein SS coilovers
Upgraded stock option (brembo?) calipers that supposedly came with the 6MT (buyer to verify)
Rotora drilled/slotted brake rotors
Discontinued Axis Hiro 19" gunmetal wheels. Recently refinished lip (and new tires. 90% tread)
AEM CAI
Comptech Exhaust
Modified headlights (see photo)
Type S taillights
Hide away front license plate (please follow your local state law on displaying front license plates. This is an off-road use only modification in WA state)

GOOD/BAD/UGLY:

I'm not going to list the cost of each modification because not everyone likes the same stuff so your value in mods will differ from mine. But here is a note on the major objective points about the car that will affect the price.

GOOD:

Garage kept for the entire time I have owned the car (8 years)

Overall interior condition. No rips or tears to leather or interior damage to speak of. Normal wear and tear, if not less than normal as I am usually the only one in my cars and I'm a neat freak. No kids. No mess 9/10

Overall exterior condition. No MAJOR damage (see "bad" for more..) Normal rock chips up front and the paint could use a detail (black is...fun..to keep clean) but overall good condition (see photos) 8/10

Overall mechanical condition. Aside from a few high mileage items that I will list below, the car runs and drives well and handles great. Starts and stops without issue. 7/10

BAD:

Some minor cosmetic damage to the underside of the passenger side side skirt. I tried to take a picture of the damage. Please see below and if you would like any more photos of the damage, please don't hesitate to ask. This is really the only major cosmetic damage. The rest listed below is minor and virtually invisible but would be something I'd like to know about if I was interested in buying the car

The sound system in my trunk fell victim to attempted theft. They got away with the amplifier but only managed to ruin my subwoofers. I have yet to remove the subwoofer box fully from the trunk (pics available upon request, it was a custom set up. Not a loose box). Cost of professional removal is a couple hundred bucks and my insurance would not pay for it. Stock sound system works fine.

previous owner cut the front emblem bar off of the front bumper (see photo below) so I fabbed a makeshift grill.

About 3-4 door dings

some minor scraping on the bottom of the front bumper

Headlights could use some restoration (starting to get hazy)

UGLY:

The air bag light is on and it does not seem to be the sensor in the seatbelt, have not paid to get it looked at yet.

The rear main seal has a minor leak. This is honestly not a cheap repair so please do your research before you consider purchasing the vehicle.

---------------------------------------

If you are still reading, you are still interested, so please, ask any questions you'd like. Pictures/repair history/etc. I am sure I have forgotten something. I've owned and maintained my car for the past 8 years and I am selling it because my Toyota Supra needs an engine rebuild and this is a 3rd car and as much as I love it, my Supra comes first.

Name:  image_zps54cldni6.jpeg
Views: 2413
Size:  341.6 KB
Name:  image_zps1wkbgqcf.jpeg
Views: 1465
Size:  259.0 KB
Name:  image_zpsxrvv0n2y.jpeg
Views: 1500
Size:  312.0 KB
Name:  image_zpsrfug8wb7.jpeg
Views: 1438
Size:  85.5 KB

I will hate to see it go because it's fun to drive and is a real head turner.

Thank you for you interest.

Justin

Last edited by gwai1o; 07-26-2016 at 12:56 PM.
Old 09-17-2016, 06:51 PM
Night and Day

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
*bump*

Price Reduced: $8,999

Forgot to note the HFL unit is pulled due to common battery drain issue. No battery drain since (but also no HFL).

Also experiencing some minor shaking on acceleration between 20-35 mph after a full alignment.. some suspension work may need to be done as noted by Firestone after inspection

Price reduced as a result. Please feel free to make an offer. Thanks!

Justin-
Old 09-19-2016, 06:14 PM
Safety Car

Received 987 Likes on 745 Posts
A bad hazard switch between the vents is a common cause for the SRS light. I have a new switch I can ship to you for $35. It may help sell the car not seeing the light. Let me know! Clean looking car minus the few issues!

Free bump!
Old 09-30-2016, 07:24 PM
Night and Day

*BUMP*

Great news! Acura of Lynwood is fixing the SRS issue for free because it WAS the seatbelt. Should have the part and be fixed in a week or so
Old 10-13-2016, 12:48 PM
Night and Day

*BUMP*

Update: SRS issue is fixed!

I am also in the process of getting the ball rolling on the rear main seal and fixing the side skirt damage.

If it gets to a point where everything is fixed on the car I may just end up keeping it but at the moment it is still for sale.
Old 10-21-2016, 04:08 PM
Safety Car

Received 987 Likes on 745 Posts
Fix it and keep it. It's a beautiful car!

Free Bump!
Old 10-21-2016, 06:49 PM
Night and Day

Originally Posted by BreezyTL
Fix it and keep it. It's a beautiful car!

Free Bump!
Hahaha! I have been thinking about it! I am very happy with the shop that is doing the engine build on my Supra and have asked them to quote me on stuff and also to just do an inspection of the Acura since I wasn't too thrilled with my last shop.

Having said that, the car is still for sale if anyone wants to buy it because, on top of using the sale funds to help recover from the Supra build cost, I (not to get too personal) had a freak random seizure while driving my Mazda. Miraculously no one was hurt (because I was going full speed on the freeway at the time I passed out behind the wheel) but I don't have health insurance and now have medical bills to deal with. This is no one's fault but my own but rebuild + newly unplanned medical bills + repairing Acura = I could use the money from the sale.. lol

I also mention the seizure because, even though I am fine, Washington state law states that I cannot drive now for 6 months! Which suuuuuuuuucks! So anyone that IS interested will more than likely have to come to me to see the car. I now will not be able to meet anyone to show the car. This ads inconvenience on the potential buyer's part, but I just wanted to get it out there.

I guess this post is long enough now. I will bump/update as things get fixed. Price is not changing.

Thanks everyone!

Justin-
Old 10-21-2016, 07:58 PM
Administrator

Received 995 Likes on 569 Posts
Happy to see you averted an accident and no one was harmed.
Old 10-29-2016, 06:49 PM
Night and Day

Originally Posted by Ron A
Happy to see you averted an accident and no one was harmed.
Thank you Ron!

(*bump*)

Still for sale.

Looking into getting the suspension fixed.

Also getting a new quote on rear main seal and clutch/flywheel replacement.

I will still sell the car if I get the suspension fixed but if I go through the hassle/expense of replacing the rear main/clutch/flywheel, I will request the FS ad be removed and just keep the car for the time being.

Thanks again for looking everyone!

Justin-
Old 11-25-2016, 06:33 PM
Administrator

In accordance with the Members Cars For Sale Forum Rules and Regulations offers of parts, or requests for parts, are not allowed in this forum.

If the OP decides to go back to stock he will have to start a new thread in the main forum, and he can post that information here with a link to the new thread. Conduct your parting out business in the linked thread, not in this thread.

Do not send PM's to the seller unless you are invited to do so.

Any parting out discussions posted above have been deleted or edited, and future parting out posts will be deleted without notice.
Old 12-21-2016, 11:04 AM
Night and Day

Thanks Ron, for keeping my thread on track! Car is still for sale. Everything is the same, progress of repair wise, since my last update. Price reduced to $8,500.
Old 01-14-2017, 05:11 PM
Night and Day

*bump*

can a moderator please update the thread to show my most recent price reduction to $8,500

thank you.

mod edit-updated
Old 01-14-2017, 10:31 PM
Administrator

It looks like we might be due for a mileage update.
Old 02-01-2017, 08:52 PM
Night and Day

I will update the mileage the next time I run the car. Since I still can't drive due to my seizure, I haven't run it much. Just enough to keep it running smoothly, so mileage increase should be minimal. Will update with my next bump though.

Still for sale. Thanks everyone.
Old 02-27-2017, 01:51 PM
Night and Day

I meant to update this sooner. I had another seizure earlier this month which means my 6 months of not being able to drive starts over this month and I now cannot drive until August. This will be 11 f'ing months not being able to drive and now I'm on stupid medication to boot! ...Sorry for venting. :/

Still for sale

Mileage as of 2/4/2017: 135,183 (Mod edit-updated and sorry to hear you're still having problems)

Old 03-01-2017, 02:00 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,094 Likes on 749 Posts
Originally Posted by gwai1o
I meant to update this sooner. I had another seizure earlier this month which means my 6 months of not being able to drive starts over this month and I now cannot drive until August. This will be 11 f'ing months not being able to drive and now I'm on stupid medication to boot! ...Sorry for venting. :/

Still for sale

Mileage as of 2/4/2017: 135,183 (Mod edit-updated and sorry to hear you're still having problems)
As someone who is involved in healthcare on the provider side in my line of work, I truly hope you get better and can get back to the road safely and quickly to enjoy the automotive world. And GLWS!
Old 03-24-2017, 03:52 PM
Night and Day

Originally Posted by nist7
As someone who is involved in healthcare on the provider side in my line of work, I truly hope you get better and can get back to the road safely and quickly to enjoy the automotive world. And GLWS!
Thank you for the kind words! I am taking better care of myself and getting more rest (as well as being on medication), so hopefully I can avoid the "we don't know what's causing them, so here is medication" seizures in the future.

Car is still for sale... .

Thank you everyone for your interest.
Old 04-08-2017, 07:23 PM
Night and Day

*bump*

Car still for sale. Price has not changed
Old 05-18-2017, 11:40 AM
Night and Day

Shake fixed! The car drives smooth again! Ended up being a combination of front axels being out of balance and the front motor mount being shot, exacerbating the issue. Had the motor mount replaced last night and the axels are still under warranty so thry will get replaced next week with factory axels and I am paying the (pretty penny) difference.

The rear main got a thumbs up and I was advised not to worry about fixing it until the clutch needs replacing in about 30k. Clutch still feels great according to the shop.

With these recent fixes and the inspection going well, my current price is now very firm and I may even pull my ad, but at the moment, the car is still for sale for $8500 and is now driving smooth again.

Thanks for the interest!
Old 06-17-2017, 02:39 PM
Night and Day

Update: Car is now running smooooooth again! New front motor mount. New front OEM axles (both sides). New front left ball joint. Full alignment. 2nd opinion head to toe inspection confirms rear main seal not an urgent issue and clutch feels great.

Price is the same.

Edit: This update sounds the same as my previous but now the work is actually done vs. "getting done". Thanks!

Justin-

Last edited by gwai1o; 06-17-2017 at 02:43 PM.
Old 08-15-2017, 02:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 127 Posts
Great looking car! I was just wondering if the timing belt has been changed or the water pump? Also do you have any interior pics? Thanks

Last edited by 90foxnotch; 08-15-2017 at 02:46 PM.
Old 08-15-2017, 06:14 PM
Administrator

UTAG @gwai1o
Old 10-12-2017, 07:43 PM
Night and Day

Thank you all so much for riding this thread out with me. Been extremely busy with work and the engine build on the Supra. 90foxnotch, I have finally replied to your PMs. Thank you, Ron, for re-opening my thread. I will try and maintain it better!

EDIT: Oh! And I celebrated my 1 year "anniversary" of my original seizure last Sunday, 10/8! Celebrated by driving my freshly rebuilt Supra all day long, celebrating my brother in law's birthday in Silverdale and otherwise, just enjoying the open road. Granted I have been legally able to drive since August, this was an especially exciting day for me!

Ok, enough personal stuff! Car still for sale!

Last edited by gwai1o; 10-12-2017 at 07:49 PM.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:15 PM
Administrator

Welcome back.
Old 10-21-2017, 11:58 AM
Night and Day

Bump - Price reduced: $7,999

mod edit-updated
Old 10-21-2017, 12:47 PM
Administrator

How about a mileage update.
Old 10-25-2017, 06:42 PM
Night and Day

On it! Should be driving it in the next few days and will snap a mileage pic for my next bump. In the meantime, I meant to type $7,900 flat. Who am I trying to be? Some used car salesman with that "X,999" sh.....stuff?
Old 10-31-2017, 07:37 PM
Night and Day

Sorry the image is so big. Current mileage pic. Can mod please change the price to $7,700

Thanks.

mod edit-updated
Old 11-18-2017, 08:24 PM
Night and Day

Bump
Old 12-31-2017, 10:13 AM
MZM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
still for sale?
Old 01-05-2018, 04:08 PM
Administrator

OP has informed me that the car is sold.