Project car

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 11:27 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Project car

Hey guys, I'm brand new to all of this and finally have time to put in work on my 2009 4th Gen Acura TL. I'd love to get feedback from the community on how I can add power to my TL. Also on recommendations for aesthetics. My car just hit 100k miles and would love to add more life to it. Power and luxury are my thing so your feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-09-2017, 05:08 AM
Banned

Received 79 Likes on 60 Posts
Can you be a little more specific on what you mean by adding power? What is your budget? This vehicle comes with about 300 horsepower, how far did you want to go? Are there any problems with it now?
Old 07-09-2017, 12:34 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Crashmaster, so I'm pretty new to working on cars, I'm still educating myself on things like how the engine works, exhaust, pretty much everything. I don't have the SH-AWD model, it's just the 3.5 base model. I've looked at intakes, muffler deletes, and superchargers. Is there anything else you can recommend when wanting to add a bit more power to the car? I've taken care of all of the maintenance from oil changes to brakes, tires, belts and fluids. Sorry if I might be missing some details, as I've said earlier, I'm pretty new to all this. Also, I'd like to improve the appearance of my car aside from putting on a wrap. Such as how to lower it, recommendations on those parts.
Old 07-14-2017, 10:12 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 351 Likes on 288 Posts
The Jpipe is a great place to start when you're trying to get some extra power!

Your OEM piece has a pretty restrictive kink in the piping, our XLR8 Jpipe is designed to take that kink and turn it into a nice even bend. They're built with performance in mind so everything is made from t304 stainless, mandrel bent, and made here inside the US. It also removes the third (and unmonitored cat) to help you gain the most HP possible, and it won't cause a check engine light!

You can find them on our site here by clicking on the side-by-side picture below:

Feel free to send me a PM if you want a quote on some parts. Good luck and happy modding!
Old 07-14-2017, 10:39 AM
The Original Shawdy

Received 427 Likes on 349 Posts
For power:

RV6 Performance High flow precats or Precat deketes
ATLP/RV6/XLR8/Endless RPM for jpipe
ATLP/XLR8/Endless RPM for exhaust (most people are using ATLP or XLR8 though you can do muffler deletes or aftermarket muffler tip combo
Takeda/K&N for intake (mostly sound) or keep it stock.)
Ktuner for tuning after you've got all your power mods

Suspension:
BC Racing/Tein are the most popular and there are a couple other brands out there
Tein springs if you want less of a drop but no dampening adjustability

Aesthetics:
OEM option lip kit from the dealer or online vendor.

This should get you off to a good start. There is power to be made but don't expect 350whp with these bolt ons. You'll definitely notice a difference though once tuned.

Good Luck!