Abs and tcs light on

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2017, 05:20 PM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Abs and tcs light on

Okay so today my tcs and abs lights came on. I'm trying to fjgure out wth it is. Could it be a bad wheel sensor or even the brakes? I did spray chemicals on the wheels today. Could that have dirtied up the sensors?
Old 06-04-2017, 11:15 AM
K-Fed's Stunt Double

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
look for one of my threads where i talk about vehicle position neutralisation.

when you say 'tcs light on' i assume you mean the triangular light.

there is a way to reset both ABS and TCS, which i had to do after swapping my dash harnesses.

for ABS:
  1. jumper pins 4 and 9 on the OBD connector
  2. hold the brake down and turn the ignition to 'on' (no engine running)
  3. when you see the ABS light turn off, let go of the brake
  4. when you see the ABS light turn on again, hold down the brake, and let go when it goes off again

if you did it right, your ABS light should flash twice.

re TCS:
  1. first engage your parking brake.
  2. then jumper pins 4 and 9
  3. release your parking brake
  4. turn on the ignition
  5. quickly press the parking brake down, release it, press it down again, and release it again
if you did this right, your TCS light should blink twice and all stored codes should clear.

note: do each reset separately. that is, after resetting your ABS, disconnect your jumper and turn the ignition to ensure the reset will persist. then, turn it off and do the TCS procedure (where after you do it, again disconnect the jumpers)

hope this helps.
Old 06-04-2017, 11:37 AM
Instructor

When you say jump pins 4 and 9 what do you mean by that
Old 06-04-2017, 04:16 PM
K-Fed's Stunt Double

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
not sure if you have a 2003 or 1999-2002.

on the 1999-2002 TLs, i believe the connector or "port" is in centre console. you know where that coin tray/cigarette lighter door is? see that gap between the two seat heater buttons?
the plastic piece in the crevice between the seat heater switches is designed to clip off, and the port where you "jumper pins 4 and 9" is there.

if you're on a 2003, the connector is underneath the driver's side panel underneath the steering wheel. once you remove it, you should see the port literally in the bottom right corner right beside the trim that covers the centre console/cupholders from the left side.

what i mean by "jumper" is to use a paper clip. bend it into a "U" shape so that it can comfortably fit in the pins 4 and 9:

the connector is a trapezoid that should be read like this:
--------------------
\1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8/
\9 x x x x x x /

after 9, the 'x' pins are 10 11 12 13 14 15 16, instead of x, but i needed to save space sure you understood what i was talking about regarding the shape of the port/connector that you have to 'jumper'

looking at the connector above, you insert the paper clip ends in pin 4 and pin 9, and then carry out the procedure i described above.

hope that helps.
Old 06-05-2017, 08:20 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 571 Likes on 364 Posts
I have a 2000, and this is what mine looked like when I had to jump it. If after you reset it the light comes back you can also use this trick to read the codes too.

You can count the flashes for what the codes are if resetting doesn't work.

See here:

http://honda-tech.com/acura-integra-...s-here-978933/

Last edited by Curious3GTL; 06-05-2017 at 08:22 PM.
Old 08-28-2018, 02:01 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have those lights on my 2002TL too. I think both of them ABS and TCS came about 2 weeks ago, simultaneously. I followed procedure to reset them and it did not fully work. Light blink twice at the end as described, but come ON again immediately. I even disconnect battery and they both were ON as soon as I start the car. Before start to drive. Does anyone had this situation or know how to fix it?
Old 08-28-2018, 04:41 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Premiumref
I have those lights on my 2002TL too. I think both of them ABS and TCS came about 2 weeks ago, simultaneously. I followed procedure to reset them and it did not fully work. Light blink twice at the end as described, but come ON again immediately. I even disconnect battery and they both were ON as soon as I start the car. Before start to drive. Does anyone had this situation or know how to fix it?
it’s the abs wheel sensor. Cheap easy fix
Old 09-01-2018, 06:00 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks. Checked front ones under the hood (orange connectors) and passenger sire was reading 1.3kOhm, driver side 11MOhm (looks bad). Ordered front left for replacement.
Looked under the hood and was not able to find connectors for rear sensors. Are they hidden somewhere? hope it is only front is bad.