[DIY] '04-'06 6MT Lower Transmission mounts!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2017 | 05:05 PM
Racer

[DIY] '04-'06 6MT Lower Transmission mounts!

Hey guys, I thought I'd add to the DIY list. I haven't seen specifically a DIY guide for the front and lower transmission mounts, so I thought that this would be an aid for at least some of you. From my reading on this site, I've read that the lower transmission mounts for the 6MT differ between '04-'06 and '07-'08 models. I may be wrong, but if I am, then this would be applicable for all 6MT models. Let's get to it!

The lower transmission mounts can be found on the driver's side, behind the wheel. You technically don't need to lift the engine at all, but take heed: if you don't remove the lower front transmission mount first, then you won't be able to fit the lower rear transmission mount in unless you jack up the engine. It's easier and more safe in my opinion to remove the front LTM to remove the rear, so it'll save you time if you replace both, rather than one and then the other at a different time.

This is a picture of the front mount; the hole on the right side of the mount also links up the rear transmission mount.

The front LTM has two nuts that hold it to the subframe, and can be easily found when looking for little holes within the subframe as such:

In total, you'll be removing 2 nuts from the bottom of the mount, and 2 bolts, as shown above (bolts were removed at time of picture, but are identified by the brown ring)

After removal, you'll be looking for a piece like this:

This mount also has two nuts to remove from the bottom in the subframe, and 2 bolts, 1 of which was removed when removing the front LMT. When all nuts and bolts are removed, you can easily slip this out as well.

Replacement is just these steps in reverse. When lining the front of the rear LTM to the front LTM, you may need to exert a small amount of pressure so they both line up, but this is fine as the mount is rubber anyway. Torque values for the bolts I believe to be 33 ft-lb; I torqued the bottom nuts to 40 ft-lb as that's what I found in the forums, but this info I couldn't find in the service manual. If anyone has proper torque values that'd be much appreciated. Enjoy!