RedlineGoods A-Spec Steering Wheel Cover

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 06:21 PM
Race Director

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,690 Posts
RedlineGoods A-Spec Steering Wheel Cover

Almost everything in my interior looks new except for where my body makes contact with the vehicle most of the time - the seats and the steering wheel.
Both are expensive, but I just knocked out the worn steering wheel

Holiday season RedlineGoods had a sale of 20% off, plus an additional 10% off for signing up your email.

I saw they posted a picture of an A-Spec steering wheel cover as their "product picture" for the 3G TL 4 spoke steering wheel.
It's a custom design so I had to email them to order it. $111 shipped after discounts, I couldn't resist.
A week later, they notified me that I needed to order padding too to make room for the seams, which usually costs $50 but they'd give it to me for $25.
I could have done without the extra padding, but for $25 more for a thicker steering wheel and the fact it's required for the A-Spec design, I'd be happy to spend the extra money.
They are awesome over there at RedlineGoods, their communication is excellent.
Item arrived to Canada nearly 3 weeks after it was shipped. Nearly a month from when I ordered it to when I received it, so it does take some time!

Here are the pictures:

OEM steering wheel cover, so worn and slippery and shiny.
Doesn't have a leather feel anymore.

OEM leather cover removed:

Extra padding stuck on:

Cuts out of the padding made for seams:

Started stitching together:

It was incredibly difficult to line the cover up and stretch it. This is due to the thicker padding.
I was so frustrated I'd want to give up and started calling upholstery shops.
The seams at the spokes wouldn't line up right, I just wished RedlineGoods made the cover a LITTLE bit larger to accommodate the extra padding.
In the end I kept at it and saved myself over $200 in labour.
My work was not perfect and it was my first time ever doing anything like this.

Many people here can vouch for RedlineGoods - and now I can testify. Their product looks AND feels amazing!!

Thanks for reading
The following 4 users liked this post by guitarplayer16:
04WDPSeDaN (01-20-2017), BreezyTL (01-16-2017), KarKraze (01-15-2017), rossv1 (01-16-2017)
Old 01-16-2017, 08:08 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Wow!
The following users liked this post:
guitarplayer16 (01-20-2017)
Old 01-20-2017, 03:16 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Looks great man! I understand your pain.. I redid my leather seats and boy, was that a huge pain in the ass. I pulled the trigger and bought the steering wheel Bruce now sells. My Carbon Fiber accessory wheel is worn and slippery as well. Congrats again man, looks incredible!
The following users liked this post:
guitarplayer16 (01-20-2017)