AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G TSX (2009-2014) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tsx-2009-2014-143/)
-   -   Why are my headlights so dim? (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tsx-2009-2014-143/why-my-headlights-so-dim-980107/)

Matt Lumpkins 06-09-2019 05:41 AM

Why are my headlights so dim?

I have noticed this since I got the car. I think it has something to do with the previous wreck it was in, but they are pretty dull xenons. On days where it is really cloudy or a tiny bit of sun, I cannot see them at all. The only time they are really useful is somewhere where its pitch dark, and even then I prefer the brights. Luckily I have not been pulled over but I am not trying to start any time soon.

Where can I get some good, super bright replacement bulbs?

OR..What are some cool aftermarket lights where I can just replace the whole head lights?

Or is it an easier fix then that? I noticed the beam is not straight, one is lower than the other. That being said, I feel like there is an issue bigger than this. It certainly doesn't help though, I am sure.

Thanks all.

justnspace 06-09-2019 08:06 AM

uhhh.................

they are working as intended......................................

the driver side will have a step down or will be lower than the passenger side, as to not blind oncoming drivers...

Matt Lumpkins 06-09-2019 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by justnspace (Post 16437160)
uhhh.................

the driver side will have a step down or will be lower than the passenger side, as to not blind oncoming drivers...

possibly. It does seem a bit less light. And a few have mentioned it to me.

ceb 06-09-2019 03:18 PM

If the car was in a wreck, then who knows what is going on with your lights. The TSX lights are considered to be some of the best regardless of car, so if you can't see then:

1. Something wrong with the lights
2. Something wrong with your eyes

Either way, a different bulb won't fix the problem until you figure out what the problem is.

Take pictures of your headlights from about 25 feet away (lights on at night - you dead center between the lights) and a picture of your headlight (lights off) during the day (properly lit and in focus). Post the pictures here.

justnspace 06-09-2019 05:36 PM

^ well the the most telling thing he said was " in the day time I can't see them, but work in pitch black conditions"

Which is how headlights are supposed to work lol

01acls 06-10-2019 01:47 AM

OP,

Most likely your HL are frosted over/oxidized and the bulbs are tire. Recondition the HL lens and replace the HL bulbs... DIY, $50-$100.

Tsx780 06-16-2019 12:51 AM

Restore your factory headlights lens. They sell DIY kits everywhere

Midnight Mystery 06-16-2019 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by Matt Lumpkins (Post 16437148)
I have noticed this since I got the car. I think it has something to do with the previous wreck it was in, but they are pretty dull xenons. On days where it is really cloudy or a tiny bit of sun, I cannot see them at all. The only time they are really useful is somewhere where its pitch dark, and even then I prefer the brights. Luckily I have not been pulled over but I am not trying to start any time soon.

Where can I get some good, super bright replacement bulbs?

OR..What are some cool aftermarket lights where I can just replace the whole head lights?

Or is it an easier fix then that? I noticed the beam is not straight, one is lower than the other. That being said, I feel like there is an issue bigger than this. It certainly doesn't help though, I am sure.

Thanks all.

Typical Matt...

Originally Posted by justnspace (Post 16437160)
uhhh.................

Typical Justin...