Wheels and Tint ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 04:21 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Wheels and Tint ?

Has anyone tinted their front windshield, even like 35%? I know it is highly illegal in most states, but I am in Florida where the sun is brutal. I was wondering if this effects the GPS linked air conditioning sun sensing system. Was not sure if this would cause a problem at all. I assume it is more of a sensor right on the dash near the windshield.

Also, it appears that there is such a huge gap between the wheels and wheelwells. I was wondering if anyone with a V6 has such a gap going to the 18 inch OEM wheels?

Happy Friday Everyone!
Old 04-13-2012, 04:38 PM
Everyday I'm rofling

Received 1,788 Likes on 1,103 Posts
Tinting the front windshield is a big nono, ESPECIALLY 35%. visibility would be absolutely terrible at night, and you'd probably get a ticket within a week for it.

It is definitely large. Drop it and it looks wayyy better.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:34 PM
Safety Car

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts
yea, theres a few people who have 35%, i think mainly on the wagon. i advise against it. do a search, theres plenty of pics of V6's on OEMs with stock height.

the only tint that could affect it is the mettalic one because it sometimes interferes with navi when placed in the rear windshield, idk how the weather GPS works so it could affect that in the front
Old 04-14-2012, 05:22 PM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
There are clear 'tints' meant to filter UV that might also cut the heat. With a Dr's perscription some states will allow the front glass to be tinted. I have a visor on my windshield but it can't extend below that little "-" mark on the glass. Doesn't do much.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:53 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,276 Likes on 951 Posts
The windshield already has UV protection built in.

Be advised that tinting the windshield is illegal and your insurance company may refuse you coverage following an accident.

If you in an accident, you'll most likely be ticketed and automatically blamed for part of the accident.

While you think it might look cool, try driving at night with your darkest sunglasses on and remember that you can't remove tint like your sunglasses.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:47 AM
Summer is Coming

Here are two clear tint that also reject heat.

http://www.llumar.com/en/AutoWindscreen.aspx

http://www.crystallinefilms.com/

Here is the law in Texas.... clear is allowed on the windscreen even without a medical exemption.

Sunscreening devices can be applied to the windshield if all of the conditions below are met.
1.Sunscreening devices must be applied above the AS-1 line. If there is no AS-1 line, sunscreening devices must end five inches below the top of the windshield.
2.Sunscreening devices may not be red, amber, or blue in color.
3.Sunscreening devices, when measured in combination with the original glass, must have a light transmittance value of 25% or more.
4.Sunscreening devices, when measured in combination with the original glass, must have a luminous reflectance value of 25% or less.
5.A clear (un-tinted) UV film is allowed anywhere on the front windshield without a medical exemption being required.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:40 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Rocket_man
There are clear 'tints' meant to filter UV that might also cut the heat. With a Dr's perscription some states will allow the front glass to be tinted. I have a visor on my windshield but it can't extend below that little "-" mark on the glass. Doesn't do much.
Here are two clear tint that also reject heat.

http://www.llumar.com/en/AutoWindscreen.aspx

http://www.crystallinefilms.com/

Here is the law in Texas.... clear is allowed on the windscreen even without a medical exemption.

Sunscreening devices can be applied to the windshield if all of the conditions below are met.
1.Sunscreening devices must be applied above the AS-1 line. If there is no AS-1 line, sunscreening devices must end five inches below the top of the windshield.
2.Sunscreening devices may not be red, amber, or blue in color.
3.Sunscreening devices, when measured in combination with the original glass, must have a light transmittance value of 25% or more.
4.Sunscreening devices, when measured in combination with the original glass, must have a luminous reflectance value of 25% or less.
5.A clear (un-tinted) UV film is allowed anywhere on the front windshield without a medical exemption being required.
By definition, there is no such thing as clear tint.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:19 PM
Summer is Coming

Originally Posted by ceb
By definition, there is no such thing as clear tint.
True, and neither is the windshield. As best I can tell there is a federal standard (below) that referecnes an SAE standard (further below) on shade bands on windshield. I can't get my hands on the SAE document since they only seem to sell it. But after researching it seems this SAE standard says that the windshiled has to transmit 70% light. So as long as the tint doesn't make the windshield darker than 70% it complies with the federal standards.

This tint shop in Hawaii tests each windshield they do to make sure it complies. http://tnttinting.com/node/1228

I'd feel completly comfortable with this on my windshield. In fact I'd say it improve visibility by cutting glare. I just wonder where you put your inspection and registration stickers.

"FMVSS 205 Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 205 - Glazing Material From 49 CFR Ch. V (10-1-04 Edition)"

"SAE J 100-2005 (SAE J100-2005)
Class 'A' Vehicle Glazing Shade Bands

This SAE Recommended Practice establishes boundaries for shade bands on glazed surfaces in class 'A' vehicles. These boundaries are located so that the shade band can provide occupant comfort and driver vision protection from glare, with respect to solar radiation, under some lighting and driving conditions. Since shade bands transmit less visible light than adjacent glazed surfaces, the shade band boundaries establish boundaries for the driver's field of view. "
Old 04-16-2012, 06:33 AM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Mine has been tinted since new and have over 22K miles. No troubles seeing at night but I never got to drive it at night before I had it tinted so never got a chance to tell the difference. Did it mainly to protect the dash from sun damage, some of them have blistered according to my research.

Last edited by Speed2000; 04-16-2012 at 06:35 AM.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:21 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

True, and neither is the windshield. As best I can tell there is a federal standard (below) that referecnes an SAE standard (further below) on shade bands on windshield. I can't get my hands on the SAE document since they only seem to sell it. But after researching it seems this SAE standard says that the windshiled has to transmit 70% light. So as long as the tint doesn't make the windshield darker than 70% it complies with the federal standards.

This tint shop in Hawaii tests each windshield they do to make sure it complies. http://tnttinting.com/node/1228

I'd feel completly comfortable with this on my windshield. In fact I'd say it improve visibility by cutting glare. I just wonder where you put your inspection and registration stickers.

"FMVSS 205 Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 205 - Glazing Material From 49 CFR Ch. V (10-1-04 Edition)"

"SAE J 100-2005 (SAE J100-2005)
Class 'A' Vehicle Glazing Shade Bands

This SAE Recommended Practice establishes boundaries for shade bands on glazed surfaces in class 'A' vehicles. These boundaries are located so that the shade band can provide occupant comfort and driver vision protection from glare, with respect to solar radiation, under some lighting and driving conditions. Since shade bands transmit less visible light than adjacent glazed surfaces, the shade band boundaries establish boundaries for the driver's field of view. "
Please show me evidence of that 70% you refer to.

"Clear" glass generally has a LTV of about 95% and the windshield and side windows of most cars have LTV of about 88% because of UV reduction.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:00 PM
Bent = #1

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
My front is 35%. I had 35% on my 97' CL for 6-7 years before I got the wagon and never got a ticket, and didn't have any problems seeing at night.

This is the only pic I have of the front windshield...

Old 04-16-2012, 12:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 139 Likes on 109 Posts
I had 50% on my windshield. I really liked it because it keep my car much cooler and I didn't need sun glasses while driving. But I took it off because of poor installation and didn't put a new one on because I got a radar.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:30 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Speed2000
Mine has been tinted since new and have over 22K miles. No troubles seeing at night but I never got to drive it at night before I had it tinted so never got a chance to tell the difference. Did it mainly to protect the dash from sun damage, some of them have blistered according to my research.
Originally Posted by hornyleprechaun
My front is 35%. I had 35% on my 97' CL for 6-7 years before I got the wagon and never got a ticket, and didn't have any problems seeing at night.

Note to self - avoid driving at night in GA as they obviously don't enforce their own tint laws.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:32 PM
Bent = #1

Originally Posted by ceb
Note to self - avoid driving at night in GA as they obviously don't enforce their own tint laws.
You should be more worried about the drunk drivers at night than someone driving with a tinted front windshield.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 38 Posts
People don't know how to drive in Georgia. Period. Worst drivers ever.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:11 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 144 Likes on 109 Posts
Originally Posted by ressling
People don't know how to drive in Georgia. Period. Worst drivers ever.

No Jersey gotta be the worse not only are they bad drivers but they are also too aggressive... I never stay in someones blind spot ever either I slow down or speed up !!! just never know when they are going to switch lanes...like dodging bullets

back to the topic 35% on front windshield jeez thats dark....you wont be able to drive at night...
Old 04-16-2012, 05:25 PM
Bent = #1

Originally Posted by apinwp09GBTSX
No Jersey gotta be the worse not only are they bad drivers but they are also too aggressive... I never stay in someones blind spot ever either I slow down or speed up !!! just never know when they are going to switch lanes...like dodging bullets

back to the topic 35% on front windshield jeez thats dark....you wont be able to drive at night...
It's really not that dark.. I have 20% all around and 35% windshield with the black interior.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:56 AM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have been thinking about tinting my front window as well somewhere around 35%. i have 15% all the way around now, and a 5% visor on the front. Friends have there fronts tinted and it looks nice. My back window is hard to see out at night backing up in the dark, but thats why i have TECH with a back up camera. LOL
Old 04-17-2012, 09:04 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by atlACURAboi
I have been thinking about tinting my front window as well somewhere around 35%. i have 15% all the way around now, and a 5% visor on the front. Friends have there fronts tinted and it looks nice. My back window is hard to see out at night backing up in the dark, but thats why i have TECH with a back up camera. LOL
What were the lawmakers thinking? It is obvious that the purpose of windows is to look cool. Why did they have to muddy the waters by expecting drivers to be able to see?
Old 04-17-2012, 09:54 AM
Bent = #1

Originally Posted by atlACURAboi
Join the GA crew and tint your windshield!
Old 04-17-2012, 06:04 PM
Old Guy

Received 161 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by ceb
The windshield already has UV protection built in.

Be advised that tinting the windshield is illegal and your insurance company may refuse you coverage following an accident.

If you in an accident, you'll most likely be ticketed and automatically blamed for part of the accident.
This is the most important post in this thread (so far anyway). I can assure anyone here (or anywhere) that has tinted their windshield illegally (regardless of how long they've got away with it) will get sued if their involved in an accident where there is personal injury involved. The guys in the cruisers may not bother you, but once there is an accident investigation, you're screwed.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:02 PM
Bent = #1

Originally Posted by Simba91102
This is the most important post in this thread (so far anyway). I can assure anyone here (or anywhere) that has tinted their windshield illegally (regardless of how long they've got away with it) will get sued if their involved in an accident where there is personal injury involved. The guys in the cruisers may not bother you, but once there is an accident investigation, you're screwed.
So if a drunk guy rear ends me I'm going to get sued?
Old 04-17-2012, 08:47 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

So if a drunk guy rear ends me I'm going to get sued?
A bit farfetched but possible.

Since everybody in the US is sue-happy and nobody is willing to take responsibility for their actions (no matter how stupid - and that includes those with tinted windshields,) it is quite possible for them to argue that you braked suddenly (for example) for no good reason because you couldn't see. At that point the insurance company may find that you drove with unsafe equipment and refuse your claim.

The bottom line is that when you equip your car with nonconforming equipment, one of the risks you run is being found partially at fault for an accident.

Without sidemarkers, it can be argued that the accident might have been avoided if your car were more visible from the side and with a tinted windshield it could be argued that you might have been able to avoid the accident had you had better visibility.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:00 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My 2008 Civic Si FG2 had 5% all around and a 40% front windshield with a 5% top strip and I drive a 30 mile commute to work and never had any issues. In Florida its how you drive, if you chill you wont be pulled over. I eventually got pulled but it was because of speeding and the guy wanted my soul.... other then that YOU CANNNN DOOOO ITTT!!!!!!! (the ticket was $25 and I took if off and took a pic and presented it to court and i was dismissed)
Old 04-17-2012, 11:39 PM
Summer is Coming

Originally Posted by Simba91102
Tinting the windshield is not illegal, but there are restrictions. Many car manufactures tint their windshields (Mercedes Benz comes to mind) and most windshield have some slight tint inherent in the glass. I wouldn't suggest anyone tint any window that violate their States tint laws. But some states explicitly allow windshield tint. From what I've been able to find it is normally 70% or greater transmittance. I think this is related to the Fed Standard for car glass that has to be 70% or better. Still trying to find that written standard.

I think the laws are playing catch-up to new tint products. We all have seen some car enthusiast that want extremely dark tint for whatever reason. Just like some want bigger wheels. Never did anything for me. I have 35% on the sides and rear, but I would never put that on the windshield. While it is not that dark it is too dark for me and also would seem to violate my state's tint law. I would be comfortable with 70% total (windshield + tint) transmittance.

For those with dark windshields (>70%), I agree there is a lot of liability you are taking with this tint. It may or may not happen, but hit someone at night with dark tint and you are taking a risk. Probably a big risk. In reseaching this I saw pics of a car with two layers of 5% on the sides and 5% on the windshield. Stupid.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:44 PM
Summer is Coming

Originally Posted by ceb
Please show me evidence of that 70% you refer to.

"Clear" glass generally has a LTV of about 95% and the windshield and side windows of most cars have LTV of about 88% because of UV reduction.
I'm looking for evidence but the laws and Fed standards are convoluted at best. I did find this in PA code. PA has some of the strictest tint laws around. Some cops appearently are of the opinion that NO tint is legal on any window. But the PA code allows 70% (total) on the windshield... (sorry this table doesn't come out right)

Here is the link...
http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/06.../s175.265.html

scroll down about half way to TABLE X
---------------------------------

TABLE X—ACCEPTABLE LIGHT TRANSMITTANCE LEVELS
FOR VEHICLE GLAZING
All light transmittance levels listed below assume a 3% accuracy (±3%).

Front Side Rear Side
Vehicle Type Windshield Windows/Wings Windows/Wings Rear Window
Pre-1998 Passenger Cars 70% 70% 70% VESC-20*
1998 & Newer Passenger Cars 70% 70% 70% 70%
Trucks & Multi-Purpose
Passenger Vehicles 70% 70% No Requirement No Requirement
Medium/Heavy Trucks & Buses 70% 70% No Requirement No Requirement
All Other Vehicles 70% 70% No Requirement No Requirement
Old 04-18-2012, 12:44 AM
Summer is Coming

How did you deal with your registration and inspection sticker?

Did the tint ever come up during inspection?
Old 04-18-2012, 01:25 AM
Summer is Coming

From DOT Federal Motor Carrier Safety Admin

I found this but I'm not sure it applies to passenger cars. But I think SUV's and Trucks fall into this category. This may be why many SUV's have pre-tinted rear windows.

http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/rules-regul...spx?reg=393.60

Subpart D - Glazing and window construction

§ 393.60 Glazing in specified openings.

(d) Coloring or tinting of windshields and windows. Coloring or tinting of windshields and the windows to the immediate right and left of the driver is allowed, provided the parallel luminous transmittance through the colored or tinted glazing is not less than 70 percent of the light at normal incidence in those portions of the windshield or windows which are marked as having a parallel luminous transmittance of not less than 70 percent. The transmittance restriction does not apply to other windows on the commercial motor vehicle.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:25 AM
Summer is Coming

This is an informative link...

http://www.prescriptionwindshields.c...elds/legal.htm

Still can't find an open source copy of SAE J100 that discribes windshield shade bands. I think that is the source doc I need.

http://www.sae.org/works/documentHom...wIpSdOcDeTaIlS
Old 04-18-2012, 06:51 AM
Bent = #1

How did you deal with your registration and inspection sticker?

Did the tint ever come up during inspection?
They don't check for tint during our emissions testing. Renewing the registration is done online.

I've sat at red lights next to cops, had cops drive behind me, and nothing has happened. I'm driving a station wagon.. they aren't going to pull me over. I don't speed, I drive safe, so they aren't going to pull me over for tint.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:33 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Tinting the windshield is not illegal, but there are restrictions. Many car manufactures tint their windshields (Mercedes Benz comes to mind) and most windshield have some slight tint inherent in the glass. I wouldn't suggest anyone tint any window that violate their States tint laws. But some states explicitly allow windshield tint. From what I've been able to find it is normally 70% or greater transmittance. I think this is related to the Fed Standard for car glass that has to be 70% or better. Still trying to find that written standard.

I think the laws are playing catch-up to new tint products. We all have seen some car enthusiast that want extremely dark tint for whatever reason. Just like some want bigger wheels. Never did anything for me. I have 35% on the sides and rear, but I would never put that on the windshield. While it is not that dark it is too dark for me and also would seem to violate my state's tint law. I would be comfortable with 70% total (windshield + tint) transmittance.

For those with dark windshields (>70%), I agree there is a lot of liability you are taking with this tint. It may or may not happen, but hit someone at night with dark tint and you are taking a risk. Probably a big risk. In reseaching this I saw pics of a car with two layers of 5% on the sides and 5% on the windshield. Stupid.
Technically, no, but there is that 70% cap. That cap was put in place because some loss in light transmission occurs in the glass making process. Safety glass and automotive glazing will reduce light transmission further. While some MB and AudiVW cars (S series, A8, Phaeton) have solar blocking technology in the windscreens, it is that technology that reduces light transmission. Accordingly, the lawmakers took current technology into consideration when they created the 70% rule.

Most "untinted" automotive glazing is in the 87% range. Accordingly, you'd need to a film with a VLT of more than 80% to comply with that 70% law.

I'm looking for evidence but the laws and Fed standards are convoluted at best. I did find this in PA code. PA has some of the strictest tint laws around. Some cops appearently are of the opinion that NO tint is legal on any window. But the PA code allows 70% (total) on the windshield... (sorry this table doesn't come out right)

Here is the link...
http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/06.../s175.265.html

scroll down about half way to TABLE X
---------------------------------

TABLE X—ACCEPTABLE LIGHT TRANSMITTANCE LEVELS
FOR VEHICLE GLAZING
All light transmittance levels listed below assume a 3% accuracy (±3%).

Front Side Rear Side
Vehicle Type Windshield Windows/Wings Windows/Wings Rear Window
Pre-1998 Passenger Cars 70% 70% 70% VESC-20*
1998 & Newer Passenger Cars 70% 70% 70% 70%
Trucks & Multi-Purpose
Passenger Vehicles 70% 70% No Requirement No Requirement
Medium/Heavy Trucks & Buses 70% 70% No Requirement No Requirement
All Other Vehicles 70% 70% No Requirement No Requirement
PA law is 70% because that is the Federal standard. That essentially means no visible tint

I found this but I'm not sure it applies to passenger cars. But I think SUV's and Trucks fall into this category. This may be why many SUV's have pre-tinted rear windows.

http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/rules-regul...spx?reg=393.60

Subpart D - Glazing and window construction

§ 393.60 Glazing in specified openings.

(d) Coloring or tinting of windshields and windows. Coloring or tinting of windshields and the windows to the immediate right and left of the driver is allowed, provided the parallel luminous transmittance through the colored or tinted glazing is not less than 70 percent of the light at normal incidence in those portions of the windshield or windows which are marked as having a parallel luminous transmittance of not less than 70 percent. The transmittance restriction does not apply to other windows on the commercial motor vehicle.
Correct. FMCSA regs only pertain to commercial vehicles. However, SUV's and vans aren't considered "cars" and fall under different requirements.

This is an informative link...

http://www.prescriptionwindshields.c...elds/legal.htm

Still can't find an open source copy of SAE J100 that discribes windshield shade bands. I think that is the source doc I need.

http://www.sae.org/works/documentHom...wIpSdOcDeTaIlS
Be very careful with these self serving links. In this instance it uses a descriptor for DOT to "lend authority" to the entire statement, when most of it does not come from DOT.

The bottom line is very simple. It is, for all practical purposes, illegal to tint your windshield. While some eye doctors seem to think it is OK to write a script for tinded windows, that can be much better achieved by the use of sunglasses. The only "legit" reason to apply UV blocking film to the windshiels is for dermatological reasons - and that can be achieved with a "clear" film.

Virtually every single person on this board (script or not) is breaking the law if their windshield is tinted beyond the 70%.

Expect to receive a citation for that if involved in an accident and be ready for criminal charges if there is any bodily injury.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:41 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Cleb Mk Cinco
My 2008 Civic Si FG2 had 5% all around and a 40% front windshield with a 5% top strip and I drive a 30 mile commute to work and never had any issues. In Florida its how you drive, if you chill you wont be pulled over. I eventually got pulled but it was because of speeding and the guy wanted my soul.... other then that YOU CANNNN DOOOO ITTT!!!!!!! (the ticket was $25 and I took if off and took a pic and presented it to court and i was dismissed)
No, that isn't what it means. What it means is you got away with breaking the law in your jurisdiction for a while.

What works in your jurisdiction in Floriday may not work in Maine or Wisconsin. There is also a good chance that you'll get stopped in PA or VA - regardless of the plates on your car.

If you break a law, you can only estimate what the chances of getting caught are in your jurisdiction. The local cop one county over might be less or more lenient.

Quite frankly, this is one law that makes sense and blatent disregard of this law affects your ability to drive in inclement weather conditions, at dusk or at night. You are endangering other drivers and pedestrians and that is just plain stupid.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:38 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have to admit as cool as it looks it sucks to drive at night and its harder to see troopers when they are hiding not to mention you might be a little more paranoid on those Friday nights after leaving a bar or club. I agree in Florida dumb things like tints and ridehight are not a big deal like in most other states. This is why FLORIDA is the best state to have a nice car why we have THE SICKEST ACURAAAASSSSSSS lol
The following users liked this post:
ssjoeboe9 (04-18-2012)
Old 04-18-2012, 03:29 PM
Safety Car

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts
i don't get why cleb is typing in all red type.... at first i thought he was being sarcastic in the first post, but 2 posts, if you are that sarcastic and need red coloring to make it obvious, well, dont quit your day job
Old 04-18-2012, 03:50 PM
Everyday I'm rofling

Received 1,788 Likes on 1,103 Posts
There is a lot of red in this thread indeed. INDEEEEEEEEED.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:23 AM
Summer is Coming

Originally Posted by ceb

Virtually every single person on this board (script or not) is breaking the law if their windshield is tinted beyond the 70%.
I think we are in violent agreement. If your windhshiled does not transmit 70% or more of visible light it is not in compliance.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:13 AM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
They don't check for tint during our emissions testing. Renewing the registration is done online.

I've sat at red lights next to cops, had cops drive behind me, and nothing has happened. I'm driving a station wagon.. they aren't going to pull me over. I don't speed, I drive safe, so they aren't going to pull me over for tint.
Funny story. I have my acura with my 15% all the way around, and a 5% visor that is longer then it should be. I also have a tint tag cover. Well my mom has a new 2012 equinox with factory tint & i added a tint tag cover on it. i got pulled over the other day in the dang mommy mobile because the cop couldn't see the tag number. He said the thing is illegal and needs to be removed. I was like why do they sell them in the store & everyone has them. He was a city of cumming cop. made me late for work and all. In my opinion i think they should focus on other things going on then a tinted tag cover and window tint.

I have only been pulled over once for my tint, had the same % of my 08 G6 and was pulled over on 400 one night on my way home from the airport. passed the cop at exit 12 said he couldn't see in my car. DUH its night time! but what was sketch is he came out of no where when he pulled me over, he turned all his lights and everything off, and i had a weird feeling so i tapped my breaks, as soon as i did on came the headlights and blue lights and i was being pulled over. he said he better not catch me again with tint like that it registered at 12%. I traded the car a few months later for my TL and then the TSX.

I am just waiting to get pulled over about my TSX. KNOCK ON WOOD I DONT!!
Old 04-21-2012, 07:12 PM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I live in Florida and have 10% on my windows. I love it! But I never thought of doing the windshield, which I still wont do. My car is dark enough at night.