What are the things you don't like about your new TSX?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 09:43 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by patcracks
gbc so your ipod works? mine is the one with the scroll wheel and the 4 buttons above it, Im still getting the unsupported ver error and i am using the aux jack in the mean time.
pat- My appoligies, I meant to say my Ipod Classic not 3gen. I must have had 3gen in my head when replying to your post.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:21 PM
Make a hole, coming thru!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Have you guys tried updating the firmware? I'm not very savvy about the various generations, but the manual does stipulate "latest firmware" for a few iPods.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:06 AM
D

Mine is black as well. Oh the joys of keeping a black car looking clean. You could use a handkerchief or1
Old 06-17-2008, 10:08 AM
Advanced

Another reason to go for the PWP.....no fingerprints, but you do get the annoying tar and bugs that you can't avoid.....lol

I complained to my dealer about the gas door thing and he told me that they had already received a bulletin about it from Acura.....seems like some idiot owners...er....uninformed owners have been beating on the door and putting dents in it trying to open it!!!!!!!! Niiiiiiice.....that's what I want to do is start beating on it.....maybe Acura should've included a rubber mallet!!!!!!!

I think if you are beating on your car then you should have the option of returning it to the dealer because you are just to stupid to own it!!!!!!!
Old 06-17-2008, 10:10 AM
D

Mine is black as well. Oh the joy of keeping my black TSX looking clean in dusty Arizona. You can open the fuel door with a handkerchief to keep a fingerprint off.

My main complaint has to do with my phone staying linked to the car. Sometimes it goes a little crazy and won't stay connected. That probably has to do with the phone more than the car though.

I also hate that the chrome on one of the passenger doors got scratched
Old 06-17-2008, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Catman
... I complained to my dealer about the gas door thing and he told me that they had already received a bulletin about it from Acura.....seems like some idiot owners...er....uninformed owners have been beating on the door and putting dents in it trying to open it!!!!!!!!
Clearly not intuitive, that stealth-opening gas door. Isn't it mentioned in the spiral "quick start" manual? (It's not online, so I don't know.)
Old 06-17-2008, 11:08 AM
Team Owner

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts
YOU CAN'T FILL UP YOUR OWN CAR IN JERSEY!?!?

IS THIS A JOKE!?!?

(non red text implied)
Old 06-17-2008, 11:49 AM
Advanced

It's like that here in Oregon too. In most cases, I like it - I don't have to go out in the rain to fill the car (yes, it does rain occassionally up here!) . Once in a while they are kinda slow but overall, not having to fill up the car is a good thing.

Originally Posted by TS_eXpeed

IS THIS A JOKE!?!?

(non red text implied)
Old 06-17-2008, 12:01 PM
Racer

all this negative talk... maybe seomone should start a "Options/Features You Like About Your TSX" to balance things out. =)
Old 06-17-2008, 12:13 PM
Advanced

The 09 TSX Tech is my first Acura and I'm in love with it so far.
I've only had it a couple weeks - the only things I can think of that I don't care for are:
* When using a non-iPod USB device, only folders with song files are displayed (can't do a hierarchy of folders) and the folder names are not sorted when displayed (there's a separate thread on this)
* Wish the mirrors were tied into the memory seats so there would be settings for driver 1 and 2. My wife's Trailblazer has this
* I've gotten mostly used to it now, but I don't like that the high-beam indicator has a soft glow to it all the time. At first, I always thought my high beams were on.
* My wife wishes the heated passenger seat heated both the seat bottom and back - it only does the bottom, unlike the drivers seat.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:42 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TallGuyNW...speaking of heated seats, do the 2Gen TSX seats heat up faster than than the 1 gen? That is one thnk I find with my TSX seats, by the time they heat up, the car has gotten way warmer already and makes them not as useful...my g/f car heats up almost instantly.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:28 PM
Advanced

I've never had or even sat in a 1G TSX so I can't compare the heating speed. I've only tried the heated seats on low and it was pretty subtle. I'm hardly ever cold so my use of the heated seats will be pretty minimal until the dead of winter. In fact, I kinda wish the TSX had cooled seats.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:32 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 118 Likes on 86 Posts
I believe the Canadian models have ventilated/cooled seats.......
Old 06-17-2008, 01:57 PM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by TS_eXpeed

IS THIS A JOKE!?!?

(non red text implied)
It's no joke. There's no such thing as self-serve in NJ. It's illegal. The only downside to that (other than the aformentioned fingerprints) is you have to wait if the attendant is busy. But we do have the lowest gas prices in the country thanks to low gas tax, so I'm hardly complaining.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Craig-D
It's no joke. There's no such thing as self-serve in NJ. It's illegal. The only downside to that (other than the aformentioned fingerprints) is you have to wait if the attendant is busy. But we do have the lowest gas prices in the country thanks to low gas tax, so I'm hardly complaining.
You'll complain if Corslime gets his way and raises the gas tax by 40 cents like he said he wants to.....
Old 06-17-2008, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by TallGuyNW
... * Wish the mirrors were tied into the memory seats so there would be settings for driver 1 and 2. My wife's Trailblazer has this
They aren't? I thought I read that promised in press releases early this year. No mention of it in the OM.
* I've gotten mostly used to it now, but I don't like that the high-beam indicator has a soft glow to it all the time. At first, I always thought my high beams were on.
Daytime running lights indicator. P. 66 of the OM.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by ill45
all this negative talk... maybe seomone should start a "Options/Features You Like About Your TSX" to balance things out. =)
Done!
Old 06-17-2008, 05:23 PM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX
You'll complain if Corslime gets his way and raises the gas tax by 40 cents like he said he wants to.....
I wasn't aware Corzine wanted to do that. I'm not to worried about it. It's never going to happen. The state legislature will never allow it. With gas prices as they are now, it'll be political suicide.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:52 PM
Advanced

Some times I wish the TSX had:

-Keyless Ignition (and I hate how the key flips open in my pocket so much)
-Larger moonroof
-Deeper center console
-Sharper graphics for the NAV ( I still can't discern the different colors indicating the traffic conditions)
Old 06-17-2008, 06:09 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by samwlee
Some times I wish the TSX had:

-Keyless Ignition (and I hate how the key flips open in my pocket so much)
-Larger moonroof
-Deeper center console
-Sharper graphics for the NAV ( I still can't discern the different colors indicating the traffic conditions)

Assuming of course that it really is the key that is moving so much in your pockets
Old 06-18-2008, 07:48 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Catman
Another reason to go for the PWP.....no fingerprints, but you do get the annoying tar and bugs that you can't avoid.....lol

I complained to my dealer about the gas door thing and he told me that they had already received a bulletin about it from Acura.....seems like some idiot owners...er....uninformed owners have been beating on the door and putting dents in it trying to open it!!!!!!!! Niiiiiiice.....that's what I want to do is start beating on it.....maybe Acura should've included a rubber mallet!!!!!!!

I think if you are beating on your car then you should have the option of returning it to the dealer because you are just to stupid to own it!!!!!!!
I'm just curious how fun thats going to be when you have to bang on the gas door in the winter to open it. Esp....if there is snow and ice caked on it.

I'll gladly keep my inside release button.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:32 PM
fap fap fap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by TallGuyNW
It's like that here in Oregon too. In most cases, I like it - I don't have to go out in the rain to fill the car (yes, it does rain occassionally up here!) . Once in a while they are kinda slow but overall, not having to fill up the car is a good thing.

no its a stupid thing. most gas stations have a roof to cover you from the rain. and you never know if you'll get some idiot gas filler who fills your car with the wrong gas or stratch your car with the gas pump or makes you wait forever until they get to you so you decide to get out a pump your own gas THEN they come running and threaten to call the police on you
Old 06-18-2008, 04:03 PM
Instructor

Threaten to call the police because you want to pump your own gas? What kind of jerkwad state is NJ??
Old 06-18-2008, 05:04 PM
fap fap fap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by RGlesing
Threaten to call the police because you want to pump your own gas? What kind of jerkwad state is NJ??
dunno about NJ but this was in oregon
Old 06-18-2008, 05:07 PM

I didn't know we had that smiley. LOL!
Old 06-18-2008, 06:48 PM
Racer

The headrests are terrible, why cant we tilt them forward like most other cars : (
Old 06-20-2008, 12:33 AM
Pro

I don't get why you can't pump your own gas in oregon. I drive up through there occasionally and it's just weird. And usually there is only one attendant and he/she will leave the pump unattended at your car and start pumping another car. I don't get it. Is it supposed to be safer?

Anywho, Why doesn't the TSX have a push button ignition? I think this is a major fault.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:37 AM
3rd Gear

I've only had mine a few days and my only complaint so far is that when you turn the car off and take the key out of the ignition, the drivers door is the only door that automatically unlocks. All of the passengers have to unlock their own doors. That is just plain retarded. It knows the doors were unlocked before I started driving and it knows there is a passenger in the passenger seat... why won't it unlock the door? Is there a child lock setting or something going on?
Old 06-20-2008, 09:27 AM
Instructor

I too was a little surprised to see some fairly common recent technological advances were not included on the 2nd Gen TSX. One is push-button start and another is LED taillights. These items are starting to appear in some other manufacturer's models which are somewhat cheaper than the TSX. I think in four years, when Acura is redesigning the TSX again, the current model will look REALLY old to the buyers who don't find these kinds of features, compared with other brands and models. I guess Acura thinks they need to have some features in the TL which distinguish it from the less expensive model.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:56 AM
CBP TLX

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by jhanna
I've only had mine a few days and my only complaint so far is that when you turn the car off and take the key out of the ignition, the drivers door is the only door that automatically unlocks. All of the passengers have to unlock their own doors. That is just plain retarded. It knows the doors were unlocked before I started driving and it knows there is a passenger in the passenger seat... why won't it unlock the door? Is there a child lock setting or something going on?
Check the owners manual, I think you might be able to program that.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:10 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by CybrRdr

yeah, i believe you can set it so when you put it in "Park" all or some doors will unlock depending on how you set it up.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:43 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 118 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by ill45
yeah, i believe you can set it so when you put it in "Park" all or some doors will unlock depending on how you set it up.
Yup, I programmed mine so all doors unlock when I put it in park.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:28 PM
MMC Racing Owner

The top of the line stereo system is anything but.. The free air sub in the back is a huge disappointment. It lacks the ability to play any low notes with authority while also playing too high in Hz that the sub can often be easily located. The front midbass are weak and only compound the problem with the sub. The front stage is decent.

I really wish the speakers were good enough to keep the car stock, but I'l be ripping them out soon enough.

Memory buttons should include side mirror positions also.. If it included steering wheel position, +2...
Old 06-20-2008, 02:11 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by CybrRdr
thanks! i was hoping so.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:33 PM

Door unlock setting => see page 83 and p. 106 of OM. p. 100 for when it locks (I LIKE that you can turn it off!).
Old 06-20-2008, 03:55 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by MMC Racing
The top of the line stereo system is anything but.. The free air sub in the back is a huge disappointment. It lacks the ability to play any low notes with authority while also playing too high in Hz that the sub can often be easily located. The front midbass are weak and only compound the problem with the sub. The front stage is decent.

I really wish the speakers were good enough to keep the car stock, but I'l be ripping them out soon enough.

Memory buttons should include side mirror positions also.. If it included steering wheel position, +2...
I am curious; are you talking about the standard sound system or the upgrade Tech package Audio-DVD playing system?
Old 06-20-2008, 04:12 PM
MMC Racing Owner

Originally Posted by RGlesing
I am curious; are you talking about the standard sound system or the upgrade Tech package Audio-DVD playing system?
Tech package with the 10 speakers.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:18 PM
4th Gear

Here are my gripes with my new 09 TSX - black/parchment.

1. sun visor does not extend.
2. No fuel door release inside. Must push fuel door to release and it does not work regularly.
3. Center console latch sticks.
4. No horn on keyless lock. Slight beep cannot be heard.
5. No bluetooth phone functionality on NAV screen.
6. engine rattles even with 93 oct fuel.
7. Too many buttons on the center console... 34 by my count.
8. No rear air conditoning.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:22 PM
Advanced

I don't like the fact that the TSX is missing some of the standard features in the European Accords.

1. Auto-leveling headlights
2. Headlight washers
3. front spoiler, side skirts and rear diffuser
4. Rain sensing wipers
5. Diesel option (as of now)
6. Refridgerated Glove box
7. Internally adjustable headlight height
Old 06-23-2008, 04:00 PM
MMC Racing Owner

While more features are nice, I'm glad those features aren't included IF it meant keeping the price down. One of the main things that differentiate the TSX from an IS-250 is the lower price for similar performance.

Quick Reply: What are the things you don't like about your new TSX?