Wait I'm confused..

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 07:31 PM
Everyday I'm rofling

Received 1,788 Likes on 1,103 Posts
oh this isn't the general chat thread?
The following 4 users liked this post by opboarding:
ed_423 (10-24-2012), HEAVY_RL (10-24-2012), KillerG (10-24-2012), MC MiYoung3269 (10-24-2012)
Old 10-24-2012, 08:35 PM
ROTAREDOM

Received 1,488 Likes on 1,058 Posts
That's how we do it on the tsx side
Old 10-24-2012, 09:03 PM
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by MC MiYoung3269
btw I love how we turned this into a completely different topic LOL
At least now it's a topic worth something instead of "WTF model TSX did I get three months ago, 'cause I can't remember....."
The following users liked this post:
MC MiYoung3269 (10-24-2012)
Old 10-24-2012, 10:52 PM
Safety Car

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts
well now this is just a cluster... fuck
The following 4 users liked this post by PyroDave:
MC MiYoung3269 (10-25-2012), opboarding (10-25-2012), ttk5 (10-25-2012), VortexBlueTSX (10-26-2012)
Old 10-25-2012, 11:17 AM
ROTAREDOM

Received 1,488 Likes on 1,058 Posts
Icwudt... Lol
Old 10-25-2012, 11:17 AM
Pro

Received 65 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by turning japanese
At least now it's a topic worth something instead of "WTF model TSX did I get three months ago, 'cause I can't remember....."
Yea, but that was like watching a train wreck in slow motion. You know it's horrible, but you just can't look away.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:05 PM
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by BobbyC
heres how its done on a S2000 cluster.

http://www.qube-engineering.com/Docu...nsAP1_v1.1.pdf

im not sure how it go on our cars since ive never taken it apart.
i have a feeling itll be pretty close. a boar of lights.
then a red or blue filter for certain areas.
Wow, that has disaster written all over it.
Funny, I was about to look up how to change out the green lights on the cluster before seeing this thread. Suddenly, I feel the green growing on me... Lol

But seriously, who the f**k spends $29 grand on something and has no idea wtf they bought?? Especially a car!
Old 10-25-2012, 01:28 PM
Everyday I'm rofling

One time I took apart my steering wheel in hopes of changing the leds to brighter ones. They were soldered in and I didn't want to mess with that. Maybe some day. Blue would look really cool.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:18 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 71 Posts
Originally Posted by Asian Candy
Wow, that has disaster written all over it.
Funny, I was about to look up how to change out the green lights on the cluster before seeing this thread. Suddenly, I feel the green growing on me... Lol

But seriously, who the f**k spends $29 grand on something and has no idea wtf they bought?? Especially a car!
hahah i know i couldnt do it.
i remember a kid on the s2k board who took his entire dash apart and replaced all the little bulbs with blue LEDs..

no way in hell i could even begin a project like that
Old 10-25-2012, 03:29 PM
Graphite Ghost

Received 405 Likes on 324 Posts
i had a COMPLETE BLUE LED CONVERSION in my Jeep.

the BEST PART was the cluster converted EVERY LED to blue.......

i sold it like that too....always wondered what the new owner thinks LOL

cluster

Old 10-25-2012, 09:59 PM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Mine does look white but again, depends on the angle looking in, it might be light blue. Anyway, OP, has you worked that out with your dealer?
My pic is too big and I'm too lazy to resize so image.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:42 AM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Um, I'll say it again.

When you walked into the dealership, what car did you buy? I realize you said you were wanting a Genesis but they didn't have one and you were in a "hurry" to buy something. But the point is, you certainly had to know what you ended up with and what you paid. Unless mommy and daddy paid for it. Which would explain why you didn't do any homework, or worked at pricing and cutting a good deal, or looked very closely at the contract. Unless you're filthy rich (or it's not your money in the first place), buying a car is the second biggest purchase to buying a house, and so most people will pay attention to the specifics.....

So the point being is what did you work out as the cost of the car? Whatever you bought is what you bought. The VIN and the Monroney sticker is all that counts in the end. The salesperson could have written down 'SE' as a mistake, who knows. The buyer still has a certain responsibility. The real issue is did you knowingly pay for a base TSX or did you knowingly pay for the SE? That's all that really matters. But you clearly weren't too concerned about what you were buying in the first place. And the problem is, you don't have a clue what the final sales deal was since you don't even know the difference or the pricing structure of the TSX models.

Since you don't know the difference between the models anyway, let it go and enjoy your car. By the time you go into a dealership to buy your next car and with your own money, you'll be a lot more savvy and more cautious with your wallet.

I don't mean to be blunt, but come on let's get real here......
If you don't have anything nice to say, dont post anything. Your posts aren't helpful to OP and you ask him questions just to make him feel like an idiot. You're the idiot who can't read OP's title saying "wait, i'm confused..." yet still ask irrelevant questions. I'm not sure how obvious he can state it, HE IS CONFUSED, help him out. You are in your own little world where you think everyone knows small details about cars like what type of materials their seats should be in a specific model.

You say all that really matters is if he "knowingly bought a base or an SE" and thats all that really matters. Again, he is confused, if you dont have anything good to say, don't post it. If a dealer or sales guy claimed he sold him an SE, then thats the dealers fault, not his. Money doesn't have anything to do with whether a person does his or her homework or not. If a salesman says he selling you a TSX SE for XX,XXX, then the SE he offered is the car I'm expecting, no questions asked.

Whether OP's parents bought it or he bought it is totally irrelevant to his car being an SE or not. Ignorant people like you dont know that 90% of the world buy cars as a tool of transportation, meaning they know little about the SPECIFICS of what they are buying. Give this guy a break guys.

To OP: based on your pictures, you might have a TSX BASED MODEL where the dealership ordered you a SE front bumper/lip, or the full kit. Worse comes to worse, you got a good deal with full leather and the SE accessories, besides the seats, cluster, and foot pedals. At the end of the day, theres no difference in the k24 and you're basically driving the same car. If you really needed the SE features, take it back to the dealership and see if they can swap clusters & pedals. It should be a quick fix for the dealership since you guys "agreed" on an SE.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:50 AM
Intermediate

Rear bumper should look similar to this:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/stran408/7265423656/http://www.flickr.com/photos/stran408/7265423656/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/stran408/, on Flickr

Wheels should look like this:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/stran408/7265394630/http://www.flickr.com/photos/stran408/7265394630/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/stran408/, on Flickr
A split shading between the blades, not a full silver oem rim that most cars do.

Best thing to do is post a picture of rear and sides so the community can help you, rather than bag on you.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:21 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by STRAN
If you don't have anything nice to say, dont post anything. Your posts aren't helpful to OP and you ask him questions just to make him feel like an idiot.
Some people call it tough love.

But I'm betting he's since learned a lot, too. Hey, one can have their hand held all their life or take the spills from the bumps in the road (including nasty people like me) and learn from their own personal trials and tribulations. And it's always going to include the good, the bad, and the ugly.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:50 AM
Safety Car

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts
OP hasnt been on in 5 days...
Old 10-28-2012, 01:25 PM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

Received 527 Likes on 387 Posts
OP is a better troll than killerG...

the student has surpassed the master...
robpp (10-28-2012)
Old 10-28-2012, 03:53 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by STRAN
Rear bumper should look similar to this:

DSC_0402 by s.tran_408, on Flickr

Wheels should look like this:

DSC_0411 by s.tran_408, on Flickr
A split shading between the blades, not a full silver oem rim that most cars do.

Best thing to do is post a picture of rear and sides so the community can help you, rather than bag on you.
Lol. How are you gonna bitch about killerg posting without reading previous posts an you turn around and do the same thing?

All the info you just posted was already posted.
He never replied so everyone just kinda carried on and had some fun with it.
Lighten up. It's just the Internet.

P.s. I highly doubt they can just swap clusters, seats, pedals and wheels.
That would cost more than just giving him a se and taking his back.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:33 PM
Intermediate

Lol. How are you gonna bitch about killerg posting without reading previous posts an you turn around and do the same thing?

All the info you just posted was already posted.
He never replied so everyone just kinda carried on and had some fun with it.
Lighten up. It's just the Internet.

P.s. I highly doubt they can just swap clusters, seats, pedals and wheels.
That would cost more than just giving him a se and taking his back.
Killerg? When did I ever refer to him through my post. I quoted another member if you can't read correctly.

P.S: I said he can swap the clusters and pedals. Not wheels or seats. And if you ever put in work on a car, its not that difficult, especially for a mechanic at the dealership who is trained and familiar with a TSX.

Since i dont have the time to check when OP last logged in on acurazine, we'll just leave it at that. No ones mad here, you guys could just be a little nicer.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:26 AM
SEEYOU2CREW

Received 207 Likes on 155 Posts
^ Man not even Ceb got that serious in this thread...
Old 10-30-2012, 12:30 AM
Op is too busy to care

Received 913 Likes on 540 Posts
lets all just relax and try to smile

Old 10-30-2012, 10:31 AM
Everyday I'm rofling

I like this thread
turning japanese (10-30-2012)
Old 10-30-2012, 10:47 AM
Burning Brakes

lol

my point was that the cost of the SE cluster, Aero kit,wheels, Brand new set of seats, and headliner would be way more than just giving him a SE and taking a loss on the car they sold to him. he said his car was only a few months old. the loss would only be a few thousand if they basically bought it back and gave him a SE at the same price. if they bought all that stuff and installed it on his current car, it would be quite a bit since were talking all new OEM stuff here. even still, the VIN wouldnt be a SE.

if i was the dealer, i would offer him a aero kit and a free spoiler or some accessory wheels or something to make him happy. what they did was pretty wrong.
if i was OP however, i wouldnt be happy til they gave me a SE at the same price and bought my car back.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:24 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Received 825 Likes on 636 Posts
i think i figured it out!!

op's user name is andreskim.

don't we have a member named Skim?? maybe he's trolling us all!!
The following 2 users liked this post by ed_423:
BobbyC (10-30-2012), turning japanese (10-30-2012)
Old 10-30-2012, 06:06 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by opboarding
I like this thread
Yeah, it's somehow gotten better now that the OP is gone and Mr. Rogers took his place.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:02 PM
Everyday I'm rofling

Originally Posted by ed_423
i think i figured it out!!

op's user name is andreskim.

don't we have a member named Skim?? maybe he's trolling us all!!
Rearranging Andreskim's username letters and throwing away the "k" and "n", we get "misread". As in what he did with his contract at the dealership. He was giving us this clue this whole time! What a sneaky guy.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:44 PM
Drifting

Received 1,000 Likes on 712 Posts
Old 10-30-2012, 08:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by opboarding
Rearranging Andreskim's username letters and throwing away the "k" and "n", we get "misread". As in what he did with his contract at the dealership. He was giving us this clue this whole time! What a sneaky guy.
Rofl
Old 11-04-2012, 07:44 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UPDATE: I've contacted the acura finance department and I'm being financed for a SE model which makes no sense to me... I'm still in school and midterms are this week so I will be busy pretty much till thanksgiving which is probably when I can go down and talk with them face to face. And I double checked my paperwork. The sale invoice does say regular tsx which was totally my fault since I was being careless. Do put yourself in my shoes though, I was at the dealership arguing with them during my purchase for a good 7-8 hours. Towards the end I was exhausted and just wanted to leave. I do know for a fact I will never go to this dealership ever again. I did not realize how sly and malicious their sales reps were until I checked reviews of the dealership online
Old 11-04-2012, 07:46 AM
Intermediate

In short I have conflicting paperwork. However I know for a fact that I was negotiating with the dealer on a SE model
Old 11-04-2012, 07:53 AM
Intermediate

Um, I'll say it again.

When you walked into the dealership, what car did you buy? I realize you said you were wanting a Genesis but they didn't have one and you were in a "hurry" to buy something. But the point is, you certainly had to know what you ended up with and what you paid. Unless mommy and daddy paid for it. Which would explain why you didn't do any homework, or worked at pricing and cutting a good deal, or looked very closely at the contract. Unless you're filthy rich (or it's not your money in the first place), buying a car is the second biggest purchase to buying a house, and so most people will pay attention to the specifics.....

So the point being is what did you work out as the cost of the car? Whatever you bought is what you bought. The VIN and the Monroney sticker is all that counts in the end. The salesperson could have written down 'SE' as a mistake, who knows. The buyer still has a certain responsibility. The real issue is did you knowingly pay for a base TSX or did you knowingly pay for the SE? That's all that really matters. But you clearly weren't too concerned about what you were buying in the first place. And the problem is, you don't have a clue what the final sales deal was since you don't even know the difference or the pricing structure of the TSX models.

Since you don't know the difference between the models anyway, let it go and enjoy your car. By the time you go into a dealership to buy your next car and with your own money, you'll be a lot more savvy and more cautious with your wallet.

I don't mean to be blunt, but come on let's get real here......
Truth be told, my parents bought the car for me. And no I had no idea I was even getting an acura so of course I didn't do my homework. I had no knowledge of their cars prior to my purchase.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:30 AM
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
I bought my tsx from Paragon as well. Who was your sales guy?

I was at the dealership for nearly 11 hours before I finally drove off with it lol

I'd suggest talking to your sales guy and show them the paperwork. Maybe you'll be able to get them to throw in the aero package for free when you're back.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:11 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 383 Likes on 239 Posts
I bought an '07 TL from Paragon before I got my '10 TSX V6 and the experience was the worst dealer experience I've ever encountered in my whole life. No one could ever accuse Paragon of having a shortage of incompetent staff.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DLCU2
I bought my tsx from Paragon as well. Who was your sales guy?

I was at the dealership for nearly 11 hours before I finally drove off with it lol

I'd suggest talking to your sales guy and show them the paperwork. Maybe you'll be able to get them to throw in the aero package for free when you're back.

Still not the same.
I wouldn't be happy til they gave me a SE or a aero kit and a discount on my current car.

Lawyer up
Old 11-04-2012, 03:52 PM
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by a32tl
I bought an '07 TL from Paragon before I got my '10 TSX V6 and the experience was the worst dealer experience I've ever encountered in my whole life. No one could ever accuse Paragon of having a shortage of incompetent staff.
I read a lot of bad rap about paragon but gave them a shot. I'm actually quite pleased with their customer service. I kept test driving (at least a dozen TSX's) because I was on the fence with their CPO inventory vs a new one. After settling on a new, I kept low balling them to the point where I was surprised they didn't throw me out!

Still not the same.
I wouldn't be happy til they gave me a SE or a aero kit and a discount on my current car.

Lawyer up
True. I like the SE kit a lot more....Really wish they sold it.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:30 PM
I Spit On You.

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by DLCU2
I read a lot of bad rap about paragon but gave them a shot. I'm actually quite pleased with their customer service. I kept test driving (at least a dozen TSX's) because I was on the fence with their CPO inventory vs a new one. After settling on a new, I kept low balling them to the point where I was surprised they didn't throw me out!
Dealers won't throw you out, they'll just trick/over power you. It seems as they've pulled a fast one on you and just like the guys said GO BACK (I'm not very patient... as I want to see this unfold)
Old 11-05-2012, 10:03 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Andreskim
Truth be told, my parents bought the car for me. And no I had no idea I was even getting an acura so of course I didn't do my homework. I had no knowledge of their cars prior to my purchase.
Then get your parents involved since it's their money. If you're for certain being financed for the SE and the invoice says you purchased a regular TSX (as you say in your following post), then have them call Acura finance. Acura will straighten it out a lot quicker than doing it at the dealership. Just fax them a copy of your sales invoice; the VIN will identify what you actually bought. And if you overpaid for the car, that's water under the bridge and tough luck. People get burned by dealers all the time. And they're independent so Acura can't do a whole lot except to note and record your displeasure. The dealer will just say it's a paperwork mistake on their part for writing in SE on the invoice. They can sell any car for any amount they feel like; that's all between them and the customer.

What is the difference from what your parents actually paid for the car in your possession and the cost of a regular TSX and the SE? If you paid more than a regular TSX, then you simply got a bad deal. Many people buy at MSRP without knowing any better. The job of a salesperson is to sell a car at the highest price they can get. It's the consumer's job to get the best price. Bad deals happen everyday. And you didn't know one model from the other or what the going market rate is for these cars.

And if you want to yell at the dealer for not being upfront, then go ahead if it'll make you feel better. But the damage has been done and if I were you I'd just go on and quit wasting any more energy on it. The more energy you consume, the more it's hurting you and not the dealership. These things happen all the time and the only thing you can do is to learn from it. Enjoy your car, and go on with school and your life.

p.s., you said, "I was at the dealership arguing with them during my purchase for a good 7-8 hours." It shouldn't take that kind of time out of your life to buy a car. That's crazy. Time is money. Next time do your homework, get a price in your head that you're comfortable with, and then do it quickly. I buy my cars over the phone. I bought my TSX wagon over the phone. It's a lot easier and they can't play with you emotionally like they can face-to-face. Anyway, you've learned a lot about buying a car, and like I said before you're better off for that now and especially when the time comes that it's your own money that you're going to be spending.....

Last edited by turning japanese; 11-05-2012 at 10:12 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:35 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 162 Likes on 133 Posts
the cluster is neither white or blue

mine goes from a pinkish red color to whitish to bluish depeding on lighting conditions, and the time of day
Old 11-14-2012, 02:05 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 132 Likes on 119 Posts
^^^ the real "special" edition!
Old 11-16-2012, 06:26 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Must be nice to nice to be such an over privileged spoiled dope...
Old 11-16-2012, 06:57 PM
Everyday I'm rofling

Originally Posted by cudfoo
Must be nice to nice to be such an over privileged spoiled dope...
Woah woah woah, you can't just pop in here and start throwing around the "D" word...

Quick Reply: Wait I'm confused..